11/24 KR Test Server change to Summoner

Eurova

These are just preliminary changes and are subject to change before update hit live on 12/14.

Some of the changes may not be accurate because of various tooltip and description errors in Test Server.

Skills that didn't receive any major overhaul are not mentioned (Lunge/Anklebiter/Huzzah/etc)

<Rosethorn>

• T5S1 and T5S2 merged. The skill change accordingly (instant cast Bee or focus on crit) depending on whether you are using Wind or Earth. Other than that, it's the same.

T5S3

• Added Increased projectile speed (Now fire at same rate as T5S1/2). -> Removed 10% increased damage per consecutive hit.

<Rumblebees>

• T5S1 and T5S3 remain the same.

T5S2 (Poison Bee)

• Duration 10 -> 6 seconds. However, overall damage the remains the same (same damage in shorter time frame, so higher burst).
  • Added" Inflict Deep Wound for 6 seconds".
  • Added "Cast instantly while Stealthed". -> Removed 0.5 second cast time during Stealth and maintaining Stealth during cast.
  • Added "Can be casted while moving". ->Removed can be casted while moving in Stealth.
  • Added "Flying Nettles available for cast on target inflicted by Posion Bee".
  • Cast instantly on target inflicted by CC (Daze/Stun/Grapple/KD/Airborne/Phantom Grip/etc).
  • Penetrate Counter / Deflect
  • Removed 20% Slow.
  • Removed 20% Recovery Reduction.

<Sunflower>

• T5S4 remains the same.
  • Added a new Sunflower branch. This new branch deals less damage  and doesn't have bonus damage on Ivy Poison target. Instead, it gives back 3 Focus when used on target inflicted by Daze, Stun or KD.

<Doom "n" Bloom>

• Added a new branch with Wind element. No change aside from that.

<Flying Nettles>

• All 3 branches got merged into hybrid skills and only 2 branches (Earth / Wind) are available.
  • Earth one has higher damage. Wind one has 3 Focus recovery per hit and refresh cooldown of Rumblebees. Rest of the effects are the same and written below.
  • Duration 10 -> 6 seconds. However, overall damage the remains the same (same damage in shorter time frame, so higher burst).
  • Added bonus damage on target inflicted by Ivy Poison -> Removed bonus damage on consecutive hit.
  • 50% Focus Damage over 10 seconds -> 6 Seconds (Drains Focus faster now).
  • Break Defense Skills.
  • Disable Charge Skills
  • Inflict defense skill disable within area.
  • Maintain Stealth.
  • Penetrate Defense / Deflect.

<Power Pounce>

• T4S1 and T4S2 merged. Now it has the effects of both.

<Grasping Roots>

• Separated branch for Strangling Roots and Grasping Roots. Strangling Roots remains the same.
  • Duration 8 -> 4 seconds.
  • Added "Inflict Ivy Poison on targets for 10 seconds and deal damage over time".
  • Added "Reduce cooldown of Grasping Roots on targets inflicted by CC (Daze/Stun/Grapple/KD/Airborne/Phantom Grip/etc) by 12 seconds -> Removed "Reduce cooldown on targets inflicted by KD/Grapple.
  • 40% Focus damage over 8 seconds -> 4 seconds (Drains Focus faster now).
  • Removed "Refresh cooldown of Grasping Roots on counter with Seed Shroud"
  • Penetrate Defense / Deflect.
  • Inflict 40% slow.

<Wheed Whack>

• Added a new branch with Wind element.
  • Added "Deal damage over 6 seconds" (Damage multiplier is about x 15).-> Removed initial impact damage inflicted on target.
  • Inflict Ivy Poison on target for 15 seconds and deal damage over time.
  • Removed "Refresh cooldown of Wheed Whack on counter with Seed Shroud"
  • Removed Slow / Snare.

<Thorn Strike>

• After delay for Thorn Strike is removed and now it casts instantly and smoothly.

T4S1 and T4S2 (PvE)

• Area of Effect 2 x 10m -> 2 x 16m

T4S3 and T4S3 (PvP)

• Area of Effect 2 x 10m -> 4 x 10m

<Petal Storm Toss>

• Added a branch with Earth element..
  • Earth version of Petal Storm Toss adds 2 stacks of Photosynthesis per hit.

<Seed Shroud>

T5S1

• Removed "Reduce damage taken by 50% if the attack penetrate counter"
  • Removed "Gain Overflow for 3 seconds on counter"

T5S2

• Added "Reduce damage taken by 50% for 6 seconds on counter" -> Removed "Reduce damage taken by 50% if the attack penetrate counter"
  • Added "Gain 12 Focus over 6 seconds on USE" (Not on counter).
  • Removed "Creates a barrier equivalent to 25% of the user's health for 3 seconds on failing to counter"

<True Friend>

T3S2 (iFrame X)

• Added "Creates a barrier equivalent to 5% of user's health that lasts for 10 seconds".
  • Added "Can be used even while the familiar is inflicted by status effects".

<Strike>

T2S1

• Removed 10% Cat heal Hammer. Now there is only Daze Hammer.

<Crouching Tiger>

T4S1 (Focus regen Q)

• Cooldown 30 -> 12 seconds.

<Evade>

• T2S1 and T2S2 merged. Now it has the effects of both.
  • Note: Cat still has 2 second i-frame and 50% AoE reduction from T2S1. It's just a tooltip/translation error.

<Beckon>

• T3S1 and T3S2 merged. Now it has the effects of both (minus the knockback from T3S1).
  • Now Beckon removes all status effects from familiar except Airborne/Grapple/Phantom Grip/Grab -> Familiar can now be recalled and have all status effects removed including Stun/Daze/KD/Unconscious.
  • Recalled Familar is now immune to status effects during cast and until the next command is issued.
  • Removed "Beckon cooldown is changed to 60 seconds when used while inflicted by CC". Cooldown is now always 30 seconds.
  • Removed "Purge Deep Wound"
  • Removed "Penetrate Defense / Deflect

13 hours ago, SuMMasteR said:

If this patch come for us i will delete my character really.. Not a lie, I will upload here..

congratulations...

Hey! A least they didn't nerf sunflower and RB stage 3 damage further! Because, you know, if they did, they would be useless...

On 11/27/2016 at 2:19 AM, SuMMasteR said:

If this patch come for us i will delete my character really.. Not a lie, I will upload here..

congratulations...

Please do so. Why wait do it now, because all i see you do is complain about summoners because you cant adapt to a different playstyle now.

A lot of these changes are nice though. I like petal storm toss. It's like instant overflow. Flying nettles might be a little hard to get overflow off of because of the 10 to 6 second change, however since bosses move out of it a lot, this will help get more damage off before doing so.

• Note: Cat still has 2 second i-frame and 50% AoE reduction from T2S1. It's just a tooltip/translation error.

hope this true. lol I don't feel like having to q cat every time i ss to protect it in boss fights.

5 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Please do so. Why wait do it now, because all i see you do is complain about summoners because you cant adapt to a different playstyle now.

you blind , so you cant see nothing.. What was the character? what happened? We was 2nd main dps character after FM. Now we are the last. Only destroyer can not pass us. When you start this game? I recommend to you watch old version videos. As everyone has said "You are doing LMB-RMB, nothing else". Look at the skill tree they broke their branches, and there was nothing left.

For example C skill was doing 3-5 stacks combo. You dont know nothing. If you dont know, you can watch videos learn something about summoners.

17 minutes ago, SuMMasteR said:

you blind , so you cant see nothing.. What was the character? what happened? We was 2nd main dps character after FM. Now we are the last. Only destroyer can not pass us. When you start this game? I recommend to you watch old version videos. As everyone has said "You are doing LMB-RMB, nothing else". Look at the skill tree they broke their branches, and there was nothing left.

For example C skill was doing 3-5 stacks combo. You dont know nothing. If you dont know, you can watch videos learn something about summoners.

Seems i know far more about summoners than you.

Even after the nerf with a propr rotation you can easilyu outdps others in same gear. the new changes on the KR test actually raise our burst dps even more as compaed to now and focus management is much much easier. Also what does it matter how high your dps is in a dungeon if you run it with 5 other players and its a group effort, and you can still solo everything the same as before.

If you dont like the changes no one is stopping you from re-rolling to something else.

31 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Seems i know far more about summoners than you.

Even after the nerf with a propr rotation you can easilyu outdps others in same gear. the new changes on the KR test actually raise our burst dps even more as compaed to now and focus management is much much easier. Also what does it matter how high your dps is in a dungeon if you run it with 5 other players and its a group effort, and you can still solo everything the same as before.

If you dont like the changes no one is stopping you from re-rolling to something else.

What will be the depositors? Can you give back their moneys?

Look pictures. Low ap low crit rate ppls doing more dps than us. 

Dont fear. Upload your character dps meter result. I want to see it without buffer pt. (Do base damage)

G3V5Jr.png

Here is the last state of summoners.

1 hour ago, SuMMasteR said:

What will be the depositors? Can you give back their moneys?

Look pictures. Low ap low crit rate ppls doing more dps than us. 

Dont fear. Upload your character dps meter result. I want to see it without buffer pt. (Do base damage)

G3V5Jr.png

Here is the last state of summoners.

In fairness, your dps meter and stat example is comparing to a broken BM class right now that is dominating EVERY class in DPS, including ACTUAL dps classes (because summoner is not a DPS class, if you wanted a dps class, you should have created a char on a dps class). 

-_-;

If either of you find that parse relatively accurate I don't think either of you know how to play this class in the slightest... I pull at minimum 15k dps in most dungeons as a sub 600 ap summoner and if bosses tend to be more stationary then 20k+. Only people who really know their class and seriously out-gear me have been outdamaging me. Perhaps learn to minmax and maintain uptime before you complain about skill changes. I welcome these changes as they are now. 

1 hour ago, Leodore said:

In fairness, your dps meter and stat example is comparing to a broken BM class right now that is dominating EVERY class in DPS, including ACTUAL dps classes (because summoner is not a DPS class, if you wanted a dps class, you should have created a char on a dps class). 

-_-;

Someone finally understood me. Summoner is not a DPS class now. This is my reason for complaining. I started the game to be a main dps character (Summoner was 2nd main dps char "1st FM"), now this character is only healing support class (DPS very LOW)

2nd topic: It does not make sense for me to have a tank class character with high DPS. 600 ap bm > 700 ap summoner!

2 hours ago, SuMMasteR said:

Someone finally understood me. Summoner is not a DPS class now. This is my reason for complaining. I started the game to be a main dps character (Summoner was 2nd main dps char "1st FM"), now this character is only healing support class (DPS very LOW)

2nd topic: It does not make sense for me to have a tank class character with high DPS. 600 ap bm > 700 ap summoner!

1st point: Summoner was never meant to be a top tier DPS, it has so much utility, to be top tier DPS is a bit over kill for one class and makes them too fundamental for team compositions. This game is not meant to have team compositions, the ideal situation is that no matter what your team is, all content is doable at the same efficiency, but the team composition brings diversity to HOW you do the content at that moment. That is why the changes happened, and continue to happen to all classes in both pve and pvp. The more utility, the less DPS. The more tanky, less DPS, etc etc etc. I'm sorry that your class was poorly designed to begin with, summoner is a nice class, and is still highly used in both pve and pvp content for good reasons. Summoners will continue to keep their high utility, but yes their DPS will come as a cost to that utility. 

2nd point: BM is broken, as the content seems to be patched in 3 different ways (balance changes, content additions, and item additions). We are getting balance changes sooner than we are getting content and item additions, which causes problems such as BM right now. This change to BM makes perfect since in the KR, TW, and JP servers, because they were bottom of the barrel for pretty much everything (due to gear and item differences that change class mechanics quite a bit). Due to this balance change happening before this gear is even released on NA/EU versions, what we have is a super tanky class with insanely high DPS, which was bad foresight on the devs/publisher to do this balance change before the item and content release. They will be addressing this soon with an upcoming patch, but for now we must deal with it. It's not like you're getting more or less rewards from a dungeon because you didn't DPS the same as a BM. However, it does make things like TOI, PVP, SSP, and such things unfair because BM is just chewing threw it all like a hot knife through butter. 

It sucks, but it is what it is. Summoner is still a highly viable class, is used in all content, and is still superior and unfair when compared to many other classes in many pieces of content. Especially multi-opponent pvp, the changes they are leaning towards on the new KR test server are quite interesting for all classes, and should bring quite a bit more balance to all classes (though still far from perfect, as it is still based upon the gear that changes class mechanics). The future is bright for BnS and all classes, but it's not TODAY, and of course that's always a bit of a let down.

If you thought at some point that it made sense that the class with with the most healing ability, party utility, most amount of cc's, could resurrect itself, has an avatar to take the majority of the dmg, has the ability to do dmg even after dying, and while cc'd, and easily escapes cc's, invisibility, invulnerability, AND it was going to be top tier DPS, well, I don't know what to tell you about that, but I feel you had wildly unrealistic expectations for what a balanced game looked like. These are the reasons why people cry "nerf summoner" so often, and then to see a thread about them complaining about DPS, is kind of mind blowing to be honest. 

Keep your chin up, it's not all doom and gloom, summoner still has TONS to be happy about, just don't go and compare yourself to a broken class right now such as BM. In fairness, summoners and DPS shouldn't even be in the same sentence, so something is still wrong there, but yea, changes are coming, and it's for the better of the whole game's population, whether they realize it yet or not. 

12 hours ago, Leodore said:

1st point: Summoner was never meant to be a top tier DPS, it has so much utility, to be top tier DPS is a bit over kill for one class and makes them too fundamental for team compositions. This game is not meant to have team compositions, the ideal situation is that no matter what your team is, all content is doable at the same efficiency, but the team composition brings diversity to HOW you do the content at that moment. That is why the changes happened, and continue to happen to all classes in both pve and pvp. The more utility, the less DPS. The more tanky, less DPS, etc etc etc. I'm sorry that your class was poorly designed to begin with, summoner is a nice class, and is still highly used in both pve and pvp content for good reasons. Summoners will continue to keep their high utility, but yes their DPS will come as a cost to that utility. 

2nd point: BM is broken, as the content seems to be patched in 3 different ways (balance changes, content additions, and item additions). We are getting balance changes sooner than we are getting content and item additions, which causes problems such as BM right now. This change to BM makes perfect since in the KR, TW, and JP servers, because they were bottom of the barrel for pretty much everything (due to gear and item differences that change class mechanics quite a bit). Due to this balance change happening before this gear is even released on NA/EU versions, what we have is a super tanky class with insanely high DPS, which was bad foresight on the devs/publisher to do this balance change before the item and content release. They will be addressing this soon with an upcoming patch, but for now we must deal with it. It's not like you're getting more or less rewards from a dungeon because you didn't DPS the same as a BM. However, it does make things like TOI, PVP, SSP, and such things unfair because BM is just chewing threw it all like a hot knife through butter. 

It sucks, but it is what it is. Summoner is still a highly viable class, is used in all content, and is still superior and unfair when compared to many other classes in many pieces of content. Especially multi-opponent pvp, the changes they are leaning towards on the new KR test server are quite interesting for all classes, and should bring quite a bit more balance to all classes (though still far from perfect, as it is still based upon the gear that changes class mechanics). The future is bright for BnS and all classes, but it's not TODAY, and of course that's always a bit of a let down.

If you thought at some point that it made sense that the class with with the most healing ability, party utility, most amount of cc's, could resurrect itself, has an avatar to take the majority of the dmg, has the ability to do dmg even after dying, and while cc'd, and easily escapes cc's, invisibility, invulnerability, AND it was going to be top tier DPS, well, I don't know what to tell you about that, but I feel you had wildly unrealistic expectations for what a balanced game looked like. These are the reasons why people cry "nerf summoner" so often, and then to see a thread about them complaining about DPS, is kind of mind blowing to be honest. 

Keep your chin up, it's not all doom and gloom, summoner still has TONS to be happy about, just don't go and compare yourself to a broken class right now such as BM. In fairness, summoners and DPS shouldn't even be in the same sentence, so something is still wrong there, but yea, changes are coming, and it's for the better of the whole game's population, whether they realize it yet or not. 

To your first points. Every class is a Dps class  and EVERYONE has their own utility in their kit and summoners group utility is to heal their teammates. Warlocks group utility is to SB for themselves and their team. Other classes have as much utility as summoners.

Team compensation can break a team or make dungeons very difficult. Tanky classes like BM and KFM can dish out extreme amounts of dps. More utility does not mean less DPS considering how top tear classes have a greats amount of utility compared to summoner and DPS way more at the same time.

Summoners utility isn't even that high. Its about the same as everyone else. The argument people make is just to name every ability and compare it to another class. This is possible to do with other classes as well backwards but people refuses to do so.

To your second point: BM is a bit overpowered and can deal top lvl damage at times. I would prefer balance to out game version and not KR's game. We just keep chasing koreas game and it seems to me our game will never be balanced because of that.

Summoners have the ability to heal their teammates  (which benefits their team) and save them. Other classes have their own abilities to aid their team as well. Other classes have a ton of cc as well and even more reliable cc. The cats damage after the summoner dies is very small. All you did was name summoners ability and say its top utility when other classes have just as much chance to do all that. Other classes have escapes and  classes have more true escapes where summoners have to rely on if their opponent is immune or not, half the classes have a reliable block to constantly avoid damage and avoid needing to escape.Having near top DPS for summoners isn't unrealistic because most classes dish our more DPS then summoner at the moment and do more than a summoner. I'm not talking about bad summoners either. I mean in fair ms, fps and similar ap usually another class but Des can out dps a summoner, if they are good at their class. If you see a summoner do better than you, then that means you are underperforming. In multi PVP alot of classes do well in this because people keep triggering their counters and hitting into spins. You see des+ bd can spin forever, Sins keep triggering to invisibility. Kfm resist everything as well and SFkeeps snaring you. Fm will keep their hp full by their ice script. 6v6 is a different playing style and you need to adjust to it.

People cry nerf summoner because they want an easy match and don't want to work for their win. Every good summoner keeps saying summoner is easy to learn the class but when you get to top lvl pvp its very difficult and you have to work harder than your opponent for the win. If you are mad you lose to a summoner then better yourself and strategize ways to beat your opponent. 

I can understand merging of skill trees and modifying existing skills, but why remove skills altogether? Do you know how IRRITATING that is?! Yes, I love that beckon can now call back an unconscious cat. Not being able to do anything to wake your kitty from that was stupid. However, no more knockback option? What the hell? I always used the knockback for my pvp build. So now summoner will not have ANY knockback whatsoever? We already have no pull, no dash, and now no knockback why? And why remove the cat heal hammer? I don't think that was that popular to begin with, but you are going to annoy anyone that liked using it. I feel like our ability to develop our own "play style" is being limited by eliminating options. SS better damn well iframe the cat or you are screwing us over for ebondrake citadel and yeti. Can you imagine how stupid it would be to SS one of the yeti attacks and watch your cat get frozen? 

Some of these do look like improvements so I am hopeful. Just tread carefully NCSOFT. I know you are also removing skills from some other classes and I am just letting you know people do get upset if their usual skill suddenly just goes poof. I haven't been enjoying the game lately because like other summoners, I feel we've been pooped on, but I do want this game to succeed because I did love it so very much at one time. Please make being a summoner fun again. Thank you.

Thank you for the awesome effort!

And excuse me (summMaster)

If you have that ap and you do that dmg.. then indeed you do have some issues or at least you don't know how to use your skills right.. at 650 ap I could maintain 17k/s on dps meter and I could burst start for up to 22k/s

Also at 704ap my current ap.. I could maintain up to 23k/s at the end of the fight ^^ so I'm pretty satisfied with my dmg and my class. I agree with you sum had nerf.. but if you have that ap and your dmg is like that.. then I doubt you have a right to complain ^^ it's not like you done 30k/s before the nerf or something. And you DONT compare summoners to a broken class like BM or WL rn.. it's just nonsense.

On phone idk how to remove these ??

2 hours ago, Edgurrian said:

If you have that ap and you do that dmg.. then indeed you do have some issues or at least you don't know how to use your skills right.. at 650 ap I could maintain 17k/s on dps meter and I could burst start for up to 22k/s

Mind telling me the ping before I start to do a research on my rotation? At 730AP and 200-300 ping, it is impossible for me to go over 17k without buff.

December 2/12 Test Sever stuff: http://undefinedske.tistory.com/m/8

Go to the last section to see about Summoner's Clawnado.

1/ It is strange to see it here, since the Strike branch that has Clawnado has been removed. I guess it becomes another skill, or they revert it.

2/ Clawnado deals insane damage, according to the poster. I guess it is fair for a skill that takes 30s cooldown?

3/ Clawnado seems bugged and heal enemies along with damaging them?

29 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

December 2/12 Test Sever stuff: http://undefinedske.tistory.com/m/8

Go to the last section to see about Summoner's Clawnado.

2/ Clawnado deals insane damage, according to the poster. I guess it is fair for a skill that takes 30s cooldown?

this skill deals overall 2 times the dmg of our rmb and main dmg skill.
I think this could be a thing with our ultimate skill.

Archived