Toxic Players

I'm making this mainly as a "grow up" sort of post. A lot of the higher level/ap players have this elitist attitude where they expect everyone to play the way they do. They don't consider that people might be new or still learning about the game. What I'm trying to get at is, be kind to each other. Its embarrassing and it hurts to be on the new player. Getting talk down on and being treated as an idiot ruins the sense of community this game gives. Yes people can be stupid sometimes but don't say it to their face. You wouldn't want someone to do that to you so don't do it to others. Be kind and help each other learn.

It is going to be very hard for NA/EU community. I once asked what is the point of partying if teammates don't support each other. Guess what reply I got?

"It is the cold hard truth, people should get good themselves and don't expect help from anyone."

My mind was blown, don't bothered to reply anymore :S

Keep in mind that perhaps why these other players are so obnoxious and OP is because they're kids who sit at home and have nothing else to do. 

I've done plenty of parties where those sorts of players are absolutely unavoidable and frustrating, but just pull through. Ntm there are functions you can use to mute this person, that or just ignore them. 

4 hours ago, Somaho said:

Keep in mind that perhaps why these other players are so obnoxious and OP is because they're kids who sit at home and have nothing else to do. 

Or they have real life/social problems, would be a reason for leaving their frustration/toxity in this game.

Unlimited entries, worst rng possible frustrating people, no rewards for carrying lowbies at all. People are just annoyed only to run same sht for 200th time.

No rewards for LFP entry, game itself propagating AP elitism.

Its not really peoples fault at basis, tho i agree about fat kids who just look how to boost their ego.

The worst ones are who have that gear, and suck more than some normal geared.

58 minutes ago, globpie said:

Toxic players are an issue in pvp too. When I was trying to level a whole gang of lvl 50s just came by and just took over low level faction area. Then they killed me and said they were doing it to protect low levelers. *_*

I was in this area yesterday, and the cerulean guys let me do alone :o

These like happens to me yesterday in soguns lament its really hard to find party mates they always say noob and dumb if I dont do the mechanics properly i mean I'm new to the dungeon also its been 3hours and i havent clear the dungeon yesterday and later I will try it again it's sucks and it saddens me a bit but I really enjoy the game even it kinda hurts me I just always think about positive side to motivate me and make my character stronger if your on Gunma server please dont hesitate to add me i would love to help new players IGN: iheartNISA HM7 460AP

On November 6, 2016 at 6:11 AM, SoulsHunter said:

It is going to be very hard for NA/EU community. I once asked what is the point of partying if teammates don't support each other. Guess what reply I got?

"It is the cold hard truth, people should get good themselves and don't expect help from anyone."

Even though I was just being honest and trying to explain my reasoning... guess you didn't want to hear other's opinions. :(

6 hours ago, Ilovenisa said:

These like happens to me yesterday in soguns lament its really hard to find party mates they always say noob and dumb if I dont do the mechanics properly i mean I'm new to the dungeon also its been 3hours and i havent clear the dungeon yesterday and later I will try it again it's sucks and it saddens me a bit but I really enjoy the game even it kinda hurts me I just always think about positive side to motivate me and make my character stronger if your on Gunma server please dont hesitate to add me i would love to help new players IGN: iheartNISA HM7 460AP

Here's some tips, don't worry about completing Sogun so much. It's good money but there's a lot of people that use the random finder that have no clue what they're doing. Even at 560 ap, runs are hit or miss pretty much. But if you're going to keep at it, get your crit% above 50% and get your accuracy to 115-120% and get your hp as high as you can, 55k+. They are more important to have and make up for your lower ap. Also, if you want to really prepare for higher end dungeons, you need to read some guides or watch some videos to have at least a rough idea of what's coming, even if you don't completely understand all of the mechanics. I learned mechanics better from this guy's videos than I did from written ones.

Depending on your class, you may have more or less to worry about for responsibilities, at least for FM, the dungeon is pretty easy. Managed to complete it with mine at 480 ap, 53% crit,120% acc and 57k hp and had no issues hitting anything or getting cc mechanics taken care of or surviving damage.

PS: Anyone using the random party finder(excluding the chat recruitment parties) should expect undergeared or inexperienced players and to be prepared to deal with bumpy runs. I personally don't mind it, most of my daily runs are just using the random finder and some of my smoothest runs have actually been with undergeared/inexperienced players who needed fight explanations. I love seeing new players breeze through stuff like pros right after they've hit 50.

But as a reminder, the toxic players aren't just the high ap players, this doesn't just go one way, I've run into several newer players who just wanted free stuff and an easy carry and couldn't care less about actually improving. It can be a real turn off even for the most patient and helpful people when their advice falls on deaf ears.

1 hour ago, Meginb said:

But as a reminder, the toxic players aren't just the high ap players, this doesn't just go one way, I've run into several newer players who just wanted free stuff and an easy carry and couldn't care less about actually improving. It can be a real turn off even for the most patient and helpful people when their advice falls on deaf ears.

which kinda painful.

In nexus.. i met newbie which silent.. even when i call "anyone new" ....  another case is in Gloomdross incursion... even i offered myself as lure. No one CC boss after flower.

People in MMOs are hidden behind a mask by design, and for some of them this means they lose self control and turn savage, just like in Lord of the Flies.

They will just rant and curse and swear and blame others openly if something does not go their way. Like a toddler.

So what sometimes helps is to ignore them for the moment, and engage the rest of the group in positive communication. I find rallying calls ("yes we can make it! go go go!") are not as lame as they seem, and really help a party to warm up to a challenge. Also making plans and using heroic friendship charms will make people more motivated, and let newbies get out of their shell and dare ask questions.

I cannot count the PUGs for Naryu, Yeti (and since recently Asura) that I did where people responded positively to this.

Personally, I would also love to see a bit more warmth on the "professional" level. Just my personal weakness, but I have a hard time transitioning from a dungeon's 6-man to 4-man mode. And I rarely find people doing 4 mans that are willing to invest time into someone who still misses animations and sometimes drops dead in the middle of the boss raid. :/

On 11/6/2016 at 6:11 AM, SoulsHunter said:

I usually see it happens when challenges requires a low lv dungeon and two end of the spectrum meets. High lv rushes and low lv tries to catch up.

On the side note. As to the mechanics to the dungeons. I think nowadays, ppl are expected to do some homework, if you intend to pug it. I've heard some ppl dont even get help from their clannies but redirect to google the strategies. Say some of the dungeons like Desolate Tomb, it takes forever to type the instructions or even by voice chat and doing it over and over is time consuming the frustrating. Especially this game has been out for so long in and is in other regions, the dungeons mech has not changed much. Even till this day, I see ppl fail DT and it has been out for a month(?), since it so unforgiving and requires full on team-work, hoping to brute force it through just isn't gana cut it.

For your peace of mind and others, it will be wise to check on these strategies. And many times all of the information is just a few click away anyway, just depends on if ppl are self-sufficient enough to do it themselves or waiting to be spoon feed.

There are 2 sides to every story.

Words cant express how annoying it is to make a lfg that says "Experienced only" and get players that don't know basic mechanics. Some people are on tight schedules and don't have the time to literally teach their party how various dungeons work.

It's gotten particularly worse since mat prices were lowered again. Now it's pretty typical for 700AP parties to fail nexus/mast/tomb/ebon.

Seems like half the player base would rather go in blind and fail a dungeon over and over rather then watch a 5 minute walkthrough. This attitude is selfish and hurts the group.

I really hope in future updates they will add a feature that allows players to view other players achievement points.

So for speed runs we know in advanced if it's a players first week in the game.

I'm not talking about questions regarding fight preferences that varies based on parties. I mean groups in tomb that ask what 2/3 means at boss and parties in mast that refuse to rotate out of their corner. If i am performing my role, I expect other parties members to perform theirs as well. It's basic courtesy. This isn't "elitist". It's simply teamwork. Each pulling their own weight.

On 11/6/2016 at 0:25 PM, ClaireFlavor25 said:

I'm making this mainly as a "grow up" sort of post. A lot of the higher level/ap players have this elitist attitude where they expect everyone to play the way they do. They don't consider that people might be new or still learning about the game. What I'm trying to get at is, be kind to each other. Its embarrassing and it hurts to be on the new player. Getting talk down on and being treated as an idiot ruins the sense of community this game gives. Yes people can be stupid sometimes but don't say it to their face. You wouldn't want someone to do that to you so don't do it to others. Be kind and help each other learn.

I've come across low-level parties that it's pretty obvious someone is new. The fact that you ask them directly and ignore you, it's pointless teaching them since they won't understand the importance of the mechanics. Arguing whatever works best (DPS vs. Mech) could also take forever you'll end up not bothering anymore. In most cases, this is where people leave the party after one wipe.

On 11/6/2016 at 10:11 PM, SoulsHunter said:

WE are suppose to rely on ourselves first no matter where you are -- in-game or IRL. Expecting for help from anyone will only stress you out. I'd take responsible if I screw up instead of blaming others. Not saying you don't do this but I'm saying this in general in case someone hasn't figured that out.

If someone is completely new, not everyone else could bother unless you ask them. Be the first one to break the ice instead of doing something you don't know. You'll just end up getting hurt and blame from our friendliest community.

On 11/17/2016 at 4:52 AM, Jackiesaysya said:

There are 2 sides to every story.

This. I used to be very patient with the people on LFP, would run 6-man dungeons even when I have both the capability and the gear for 4-man just to carry people who are new and teach them the dungeon, but after endless toxic people in Asura, Nexus and Yeti (when it was hard). I just lost interest in doing it. 

It's hard to be teaching people when they don't even bother to listen, you repeat it once, they fail, that's okay. Second time, they fail. Still fine, but after 4 or 5 times? I would assume 1 of two instances, you don't bother to listen or you're really just that bad. Usually it's the first, people want an easy run and don't even bother. Got multiple people in Nexus all of which capable of doing the CC that's missing, you try to organize and they all go "+," "r," "go." None of them even bother to spec and expect "someone" to do "something" for them. In the end a party will get carried mechanic-wise by 1 or 2 people while the rest that don't bother will just DPS.

Anyway, you can't call a person "Elitist," it doesn't work that way. People want other people to teach them for hours on end, but the thing is some people don't even bother to spend 10-20 mins watching a video or reading a guide. Rather than call people like this elitist, I would call the opposition as little princesses that want to be spoon fed everything. While I have utmost respect to those who actually try to learn the dungeon beforehand and ask questions here and there while doing the dungeon, I have 0 respect to those who enter LFGs that ask for "experience" when they don't know anything about the dungeon. 

Bottom line, people don't have unlimited time. If it's taking 2-3 hours just to clear Asura or 3-4 hours to clear Desolate, then no one is gonna be happy. Most people only have 4-5 hours at most to play, you cannot expect them to give you those hours to teach you the entirety of a dungeon when you should've informed yourself of the larger percent of it through self learning.

Going through the dungeon and attempting it is also self-learning. If there is an option for me to enter a solo version of that dungeon without any rewards, I will do it all day and learn the dungeon. You can keep asking me to watch the videos but my hands won't keep up. Sorry for not being good enough or like I love to say, not elite enough to meet your standards. I guess this is where the term 'elistist' comes from?

41 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

Going through the dungeon and attempting it is also self-learning. If there is an option for me to enter a solo version of that dungeon without any rewards, I will do it all day and learn the dungeon. You can keep asking me to watch the videos but my hands won't keep up. Sorry for not being good enough or like I love to say, not elite enough to meet your standards. I guess this is where the term 'elistist' comes from?

This is highly dependent on the PoV of each person. Like for example, this one Warlock was told to unspec her thrall's air throw cause it's disrupting everybody else's DPS, the answer we got? "It gives me DPS, WL DPS is OP with Void Slash" when multiple people started complaining? We got told she doesn't care. From her view, we're elitists telling her what to do and forcing our opinion on her, from our view she is someone who refuses to function as a team.

And all I said was if you want to enter a dungeon, inform yourself before hand, don't jump in and expect to be spoon fed information. There is a difference between self learning and self learning at the expense of others. If you're getting someone experienced in a dungeon and you are trying to learn this dungeon, them teaching you is neither your right nor your privilege, it's a favor. That's why you should also do what you can without the help of others before jumping in.

A lot of people who do LFPs are willing to help, regardless of their level and capabilities, but you also have to do your part, which is to inform yourself on what to do. Nobody wants to keep on teaching every single time they enter a dungeon and having to explain the entire thing over and over and over again. Reading and watching vids... it gives you a basic idea, actually going in and doing it is something more of putting a puzzle together and polishing it up.

Please post a vid of that. Self-learning solo mast/tomb/ebon attempts. If the only standard is that everyone knows basic mechanics/their class then the standards are quite low. Being stubborn about not wanting to contribute to teamwork isn't an attribute anyone here is going to respect.

Just do players a favor and never join an "exp only" group if you are taking that time to "self-learn"...lol.

Also, if expecting players to watch walkthroughs if they don't know basic mechanics is elitist you should look at other games because 99% of the player base is elitist based on your interpretation of elitism. This isn't a solo game...difficult dungeons require contribution from all party members.

11 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

1 hour ago, Jackiesaysya said:

Please post a vid of that. Self-learning solo mast/tomb/ebon attempts. If the only standard is that everyone knows basic mechanics/their class then the standards are quite low. Being stubborn about not wanting to contribute to teamwork isn't an attribute anyone here is going to respect.

Just do players a favor and never join an "exp only" group if you are taking that time to "self-learn"...lol.

Also, if expecting players to watch walkthroughs if they don't know basic mechanics is elitist you should look at other games because 99% of the player base is elitist based on your interpretation of elitism. This isn't a solo game...difficult dungeons require contribution from all party members.

Calm down dude, you are misunderstanding me let me quote it again for you to read, thanks for the toxicity though, I would gladly receive it as usual :P

12 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

If there is an option for me to enter a solo version of that dungeon without any rewards, I will do it all day and learn the dungeon.

Well, I've met some actual elitists (those that outright bash on someones gear in an easy dungeon) and see dozens of "650ap+ yeti 6-man" every day in LFG. The latter doesn't bother me much, I just find it peculiar. The former annoys me though, if they're not satisfied with going with randoms that very likely will be inexperienced and/or undergeared, make your own group and be the latter...

But that is just one side of the coin, the other side can be equally annoying. And that is the newcomers. At the top of my head, I can recall two instances where I've literally face palmed in defeat.

First is in Yeti, fairly to very easy dungeon in current content, a destroyer grabs the boss when it get stunned, I tell him mid battle to not grab, he does it again, and again finally wiping us. I tell him he will kill us if he keeps grabbing, no response, he engage the boss and keep grabbing until we're dead again. I ask him once again to stop grabbing the boss, still says nothing and engage the boss alone, we just watch him get killed. Ask him once more to stop grabbing the boss, he keeps grabbing the boss. After 5:th try, I simply gave up and asked him to leave since he can't listen to one simple instruction "NO GRAB" and the rest of the party simply watch him die over and over. He eventually left and we 5 manned it without any problem.

The second is Asura. We failed because a scummoner wouldn't recall the cat and got all the melee skewered. 2 guys left after the first wipe, including said scummoner. And in their place, we get a level 47 sin, who didn't bring any antidotes, had no clue of the mechanics and had less than 300 attack power. He also stated that he was entitled to go the dungeon and that he didn't care at all about learning any mechanics. He also called me toxic when I politely asked him to at least first level up to 50 before attempting Asura as it was one of the hardest dungeons at the time. He then called the entire community toxic because no one would, in his own words, "carry him" and then refused to leave.

The former could be someone that don't understand English (or any other attempted language), or a bot (considering he repeatedly engaged the boss). The latter is without a doubt someone that want everything on a silver platter without putting in any effort. But regardless, both instances are examples of toxic players. And personally, those two instances have bothered me way more than those elitists. Because, at the end of it, the elitists usually leave after sneering at anything below their ap and they're no longer an issue.

Archived