Blade Dancer Dps is very low

Tramisu

I have 700ap blade dancer but this character not good dps.I always thrown the 4man party.Why.Because my character is dps so low.We need just dungeon character buff.

New X skill not good.Nobody uses.(sory for engelish thx.)

1 hour ago, Tramisu said:

I have 700ap blade dancer but this character not good dps.I always thrown the 4man party.Why.Because my character is dps so low.We need just dungeon character buff.

New X skill not good.Nobody uses.(sory for engelish thx.)

I simply do not believe they kick you just because you are a blade dancer with 700 ap.

Either: there are people there that dont like you or want to run with you, or your stats asside from AP are garbage + soulshields.

And BD does not do weak DPS at all, you just must be using a bad rotation.

Well our Lighting flash sux ass... and this is where we lose our Dps... Lighting flash has a Animation where u cant cancle it u have to let it role for 1 sec or it does 50% dmg only.

If u ani cancle it it lose its dmg... if u not ani cancle it u lose time... both ways u lose dps... if i compare my BM to it... i can hit 8 atks within 2 sec also with my FM...

With my BD  can do 4 atks maybe 5 depend on ping also it depend if u half way ani cancle lighting flash or not and if u do u lose 50% dmg of the skill like i said... so rip

My BM can esay over dps my BD in terms of dps skill dmg and skill hit per timewindow

BD is indeed quite low DPS. Even with optimal rotations and choosing not to grab bosses, you plataeu around 14-15k DPS. Fortunately in group play, the DPS increase we provide through grab far outweighs the lack of DPS we provide as an individual. We're still definitely wanted in group content, especially desolate tomb due to mechanics requiring a delay skill during lightning phase whicfh our grab is perfect for. Unfortunately, we're outright terrible in solo content. You'll never see BDs at top of tower leaderboards, and farming naksun is possibly slowest with BD.

Problem is our skills plainly have low damage modifiers. Lightning flash hits for 15-17k, while rolling typhoon about 18-22k (top end only coming during whirling scourge buff). Compare this to KFM's who get 50k crits every time they comet strike, or FM who's every other skill hits for 40k+, or SMNs sunflowers at 32k apiece. Even our filler skills are poor - when not in draw, sunder's hit for at most 6-7k apiece. Ironically, our hardest hitting single skill is blade storm during grab with wind spec, which can hit for 40-50k. Unfortunately, this is a 24 second CD that requires us to grab, which inherently drops our DPS (as we interrupt lightning flash or rolling typhoon combos to grab).

tl:dr BDs are still wanted in group content because our grab is extremely good for party DPS, but our solo game is gimp as all *cricket*.

6 minutes ago, Waifu said:

FM who's every other skill hits for 40k+,

Where did you get this? FM has no spammable skill that hits that much. With ~ 700 ap you can only hit 40k with last hit of multiple blaze or with casting inferno. Both are dps loss on solo target. FM damage comes from doing multiple hits every seconds which hit for thousands of damage. Before the time of dps meter I had some bd in my groups where I had a hard time getting aggro from them. I dont believe they are that bad.

36 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

if your name on forum is  the same as your BD, i have been kicking you alot of times , cause i dont wanna run with people who stands afk, and whine on others.

It's not clear who are you answering to, but just in case, since your post comes straight after mine, my name in forums is totally different to my IGN for security reasons, I never stand afk and I never whine... and by never, I mean NEVER, lol. And if someone like that is using a name like mine (I thought my name was elaborate enough not to be thought of easily o.O), I better change my forum display name, cause I am the opposite pole to what you are describing. All this, just in case that was at me, because it's not evident. 

Back to my question, I still would love some player to share a good rotation for BD ^^

Archived