Blackram Narrows

babydaddy

This is a request to all the level 50s running Blackram Narrows: If you have a level 20 in your party please either a) easily 1shot or kill very very quickly the mobs along the path or b) wait for your party. I understand this sounds whiny but it's not going to end your world and you could make someone else's run of the game that much more enjoyable.

So I just started leveling a Force Master and I've been having fun, I just recently hit level 19 and decided to try my luck and farm out Blackram Narrows for the weapon in order to evolve mine once I hit level 20. Well, I queue up in the Dungeon Lobby and I get matched in with a team full of lvl 50 players, me being the only level 19. I understand that they're doing this for the daily reward but here's what left a bad after taste. Because everyone has 50k+ hp, they can easily just run and tank all the trash mobs and move to the objective bosses in order to quickly finish the dungeon. I found myself getting stuck so far behind in mobs once they lost aggro that I had to run this dungeon 3 times just to clear it once.  I asked my parties if they could wait up and I either got ignored with no response (verbal or physical) or I got told off in chat for "being a noob" and told I should be thankful a lvl 50 is clearing the content for me.I talked to some other people trying to run through the same content that were at my level and they shared the same experiences and feelings. I'm writing this for all the people that are running that dungeon for the purpose to get ahead and hopefully reach level 50 or simply evolve their hongmoon weapon.  Thank you for reading this wall of text and hopefully this brought light to a little problem with a very simple solution, hope you have a great day!

Request acknowledged and has been my policy since day 1.

Im using same IGN as this forum.. When you meet me in LFP there would be.

1.No idiot rushing

2.All items are yours or share dem with your lv-20 friends

3..I'll stay with u guys.. maybe killin some big guys like wu fee while u guys have fun with other mobs.

4.No ragequit until you all got your evolution weapon.

When there's other lv 50 and he/she rushing... odds are i'll be left behind with you guys and share the same fate of not finishing the objective or got burned to death. If same happen. I will re run with you guys.

My credentials XD

screenshot_160720_002_by_stealthflanker-

@babydaddy if it could make you feel better not only level 20 are transformed in bbq by rusher :D

I quote totally @JoannaRamira policy...I always wait for everyone and I always ask if they need more runs to get their evolution items.

P.S.: it would be nice if you could enter to dungeons also alone in cross server. No more excuses for rushers and they can finally solo all dungeons.

5 hours ago, Majka said:

@babydaddy if it could make you feel better not only level 20 are transformed in bbq by rusher :D

I quote totally @JoannaRamira policy...I always wait for everyone and I always ask if they need more runs to get their evolution items.

P.S.: it would be nice if you could enter to dungeons also alone in cross server. No more excuses for rushers and they can finally solo all dungeons.

you can run it alone tho, after u hit xserver lobby u leave pty then go on alone

12 minutes ago, Natose said:

you can run it alone tho, after u hit xserver lobby u leave pty then go on alone

That's true...but it's not nice behaviour towards the party...I would be really upset if, as low level, everytime I recruit someone, this guy will leave the party. In truth I don't see any reason why you cannot enter alone in dungeons but 2 yes, not quite logic tho.

I kill everything along the way and will wait at the necessary bosses to prevent fire, but I only clear the dungeon once. My character's name is Imida from Taywong server, so say hi. If you need your evolution item just let me know and I'll most likely stay and help you out.

As mentioned earlier, your best bet is asking for help in F8 region chat or making a room.

However, that is not a guarantee, as you are competing for publicity with spambots and "LF 550+ AP Lair/Necro/Storage/Yeti/Asura - 6 man" and other such nonsense.

Good luck though, this community sucks, for lack of a better word. There are some stand up folks, but by and large they are rare as hens' teeth.

14 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

Request acknowledged and has been my policy since day 1.

Im using same IGN as this forum.. When you meet me in LFP there would be.

1.No idiot rushing

2.All items are yours or share dem with your lv-20 friends

3..I'll stay with u guys.. maybe killin some big guys like wu fee while u guys have fun with other mobs.

4.No ragequit until you all got your evolution weapon.

When there's other lv 50 and he/she rushing... odds are i'll be left behind with you guys and share the same fate of not finishing the objective or got burned to death. If same happen. I will re run with you guys.

My credentials XD

Hidden Content

I agree with this philosophy.  I will tell people STOP.   I have literally had someone just rush through leaving fire behind for 1 or 2 people... then lagged out and re-joined.   What did I do?   Well first I said let's see if they rejoin.    I got the low levels to safety waiting at the boss and as they approached to get into the portal to get credit I killed the boss and they didn't get completion credit (the other lvl 50 trying to leave the low level players in the dust).  AHAHAHAHAHAAA... may sound mean, but it teaches people a lesson.  Don't rush through content that's same level for others... if it's a group of LVL 50's... go on everyone rush but don't start a fight when someone is not in the door yet, etc... unless you'd like that done to you.

I just posted this in the other narrows thread but I want everyone reading to understand that when 50s run lower level dungeons with players AT LEVEL for that dungeon, you are are a GUEST.  

This means ~20s in Narrows, ~35s in Tomb, ~45s in Pirate/Brightstone. Those players are not only right to be there, those dungeons belong to them.

(I'm still annoyed by the HM9 who got snotty with a 49 in Supply chain before everyone even loaded in *facepalm* and that was weeks ago)

Those dungeons don't exist for us 50s. They aren't designed for us. They aren't ours to do whatever we please in them. They belong to the lower level players.

A few key dungeons have grindable rare drops which are an incentive for us to HELP lower levels who need to grind for other drops. It was a good idea for a different player base. Drops, combined with challenge inclusion, is intended to make it EASIER for newbies to advance with the help of veterans. The only thing ruining it for the west is... the west. That idiotic, primitive, lazy me-first BS which continually ruins the cooperative elements in MMOs with the misfortune to be brought west.

If you're 50, you can solo, even using Xserver. Its definitely looks rude for you to bail in lobby but if you're going to roast them otherwise, the party doesn't need or want you. If you're 50 and you get into a party with other other 50s, skip everything to your pleasure (but you still should not roast ppl for being .5 seconds behind you).

If you're leveling and getting bad runs, try asking the party to wait. Yes, you WILL get ignored, but you WILL ALSO find players willing to wait or re-run w/you if you just try. Be nice, make an attempt to connect with other nice ppl.

I've been both a low lvl and a 50 and seen both good and bad runs from both POVs. 

Neither helpfulness or selfishness is caused OR justified by level; being a jackass is equal opportunity.

Archived