How are your factions holding out?

Kitah

I am in Group 2 in EU. We've been annilated. Out of 7 SSP channels, we managed to Capture channel 4 and our drills got annilated during mining. We're Crimsons, not Ceruleans which now dominate the Server 95% roughly. Disappointing and Disgusting.

How are we supposed to get Moonstones now? @Babbletr0n since you stated in that Producer Letter stream along with Nico? and Omeed? or whatever their names are that is what we should be doing to get moonstones as you do not want to give us any other decent way of farming them. 

Group 3, Full of crimsons. Was already bad enough that it was already full. I'm a cerulean order and this is just..... disorganized. We could barley do SSP. Actually SSP was always empty showing how many little of Cerulean order members there are. Now it's just a massacre, before the match starts they are already wiping us out at our own base. I didn't stay too long. so this maintenance was just a waste of our time. 

Are you melee? When yes, why even bother?
I don't do SSP since it feels very pointless as melee class. I'm playing on Windrest and was told, that our faction actually rules the server. But if you go to SSP at the late hours, we were always getting our asses handed to by cerulean.

Nonetheless SSP feels like an obnoxious waste of time as a melee character at 13 FPS and 250 ping vs 0.1ms oneshot AoE and all that jazz.

15 minutes ago, Meoww said:

Are you melee? When yes, why even bother?
I don't do SSP since it feels very pointless as melee class. I'm playing on Windrest and was told, that our faction actually rules the server. But if you go to SSP at the late hours, we were always getting our asses handed to by cerulean.

Nonetheless SSP feels like an obnoxious waste of time as a melee character at 13 FPS and 250 ping vs 0.1ms oneshot AoE and all that jazz.

Unfortantley I am a melee, but even if i am it's still ridiculous how the servers were not properly merged.

I think that there are not really a lot of difference in farming gold and moonstone.

Maybe is more simple farming gold( to buy moonstone) that farm moonstone.

This game have always something to do if you can't really do another one.

This not really justify the unblance or something related.

But if your problem is moonstones, you have a lot of ways to get money for that.

3 hours ago, Kitah said:

I am in Group 2 in EU. We've been annilated. Out of 7 SSP channels, we managed to Capture channel 4 and our drills got annilated during mining. We're Crimsons, not Ceruleans which now dominate the Server 95% roughly. Disappointing and Disgusting.

How are we supposed to get Moonstones now? @Babbletr0n since you stated in that Producer Letter stream along with Nico? and Omeed? or whatever their names are that is what we should be doing to get moonstones as you do not want to give us any other decent way of farming them. 

How? like everyone that wasn't in a dominating faction: buying from the market.

2 hours ago, weaponzero said:

Dear devs, i hope you monitor and re-evaluate the server groups - and create them at least roughly according to faction balance. Please do consider this since this is about and integral part of your game. :)

Also this would never happen. People don't want the factions to be equal, they just want to peacefuly farm pvp without being bothered (and smash any small resistance, as long as they are no real threat).

If somehow any server got a balanced faction war people will try to unbalance in their favor in time, till one side is left to play the market for gold.

12 hours ago, Arken said:

How? like everyone that wasn't in a dominating faction: buying from the market.

Also this would never happen. People don't want the factions to be equal, they just want to peacefuly farm pvp without being bothered (and smash any small resistance, as long as they are no real threat).

If somehow any server got a balanced faction war people will try to unbalance in their favor in time, till one side is left to play the market for gold.

Why should people be punished and have to pay silly prices in the marketplace for moonstones if others can farm it and gain profit? You can get 100 moonstones + an hour if you have enough keys and do a lot of minings and crit alot. You can also sell keys to get moonstones etc as-well if you are on the winning faction side. For those that aren't we generally have to pay more for anything.

Honestly it would be nice if everyone did a truce while one faction is farming the other faction that isn't doing the mining should be allowed to kill the winning teams terrors so that they can get keys to sell to the winning team for moonstones. But nope. This isn't a nice world and no one will share in faction based pve content.

3 minutes ago, Kitah said:

Honestly it would be nice if everyone did a truce while one faction is farming the other faction that isn't doing the mining should be allowed to kill the winning teams terrors so that they can get keys to sell to the winning team for moonstones. But nope. This isn't a nice world and no one will share in faction based pve content.

By the look of it, the most profitable thing to do, is the parasitic faction that nukes the mining early in the cycle right after the capture. This way, the faction that captured gets a chance at one key from Suljun (or nothing) and zero chance at the pp, boxes or soulstones for quest completions. The Faction that raided, gets the keys and the boxes for killing Konta/Chosun.

While the design of the SSP seems to be fair on the surface, allowing the non-dominant faction a come-back, it can be abused in favor of the parasitic gains, and heavily discriminates against almost everyone by a powerful raiding party.

They are having the times of their lives - and are quite open, and to be honest, obnoxious, about it.

I have never had a powerful character, but in the past I've fought back and we sometimes could deflect the attacks, and it felt good. It was fun, actually, having the battles while we were small and a few people could turn the tide.

But since yesterday, fighting was an insta-death and there was nothing that resembled a 'game' about it.

The chat, I dunno, the chat made me think that I am sharing the internet space with psychopath. I was given the speeches in the past how it should rile me up and I should go and fight back & win. But I feel that I am not one of the people who can do such a thing. I am one of the many that in the historic past were slaughtered and died ignominiously. I really do not want to RP that sort of thing in a video-game.

Yes, I see who won the SSP, who won this game. They are not idealistic folks who attached themselves to a Faction in a videogame as a substitute for a worthy cause in real life. They are not the folks who have fun in their spare time, and appreciate the other players. They are the most unpleasant kind, with a cruel streak,  and greedy. They are the sort that enjoy gloating over others' misfortune more than their own happiness.

MMOs really showed me the least appealing sides of humanity. It makes a lot of things in human history easier to 'get' of just how it could have possibly had happened.

The merge just happened yesterday. It was a long maintenance, people were itching to play. Many wanted to make a point to the other faction on day 1.

Just give it time, the extreme hostility won't last long, or won't be as intense as time passes. If the pvp/killing frustrates/annoys you, just stay out of SSP for a few days or a week until the heated feelings die down.

5 minutes ago, OniOfTheSword said:

If the pvp/killing frustrates/annoys you, just stay out of SSP for a few days or a week until the heated feelings die down.

The Crimson psychopaths are geared, successful and they are generously rewarded for what they do. Why would they stop?

8 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

The Crimson psychopaths are geared, successful and they are generously rewarded for what they do. Why would they stop?

Because, as a part of Crimson in Poharan, I know that they don't live in SSP all day. The majority are only there for a few hours a day. Yesterday was an exception.

If you mean to say that reds in Iksanun were the ones causing this, I don't see how things could have gotten worse for you, if you were in Iksanun blue. I wouldn't jump the gun and call yesterday's SSP the norm for the future. It was the exception due to a number of factors playing together.

12 minutes ago, OniOfTheSword said:

Because, as a part of Crimson in Poharan, I know that they don't live in SSP all day. The majority are only there for a few hours a day. Yesterday was an exception.

If you mean to say that reds in Iksanun were the ones causing this, I don't see how things could have gotten worse for you, if you were in Iksanun blue. I wouldn't jump the gun and call yesterday's SSP the norm for the future. It was the exception due to a number of factors playing together.

I saw both the familiar names from the Ikasnun and the wonderful new Poharan combatants. The most obnoxious talk was from the Poharan newcomers. I have blocked 4 or 5 players in a space of 30 min, and till now my list included 2 or 3 after 4 months.

The way we had before the Poharan merge was that the Crimson mined unopposed on both channels until Cerulean build up the forces in the early afternoon (for me) and raided till the channels dropped out of sync. After that, Cerulean could fit in a few mining sessions, and the faction chat actively discouraged people from raiding the Crimson while they were agreeable to sharing.

Yesterday, I came on-line about 2 pm (my time), and was unable to get a mining done till about 5 pm. Then I tried again on the APAC time, at 3 am my time to find the exactly the same situation. One full channel, the rest - ruined mining.

13 hours, and no dice, and the 24/7 Crimson dominance, only we cannot get a channel now because the Poharan Crimson apparently prefers the parasitic raiding to grudgingly giving a channel like the old Iksanun did.

Also, before when we fought back, my character actually sometimes lived to tell the tale. Against the Poharan Crimoson both of them died immediately.

It is pointless to march around with a placard of: "No Poharan!" under the banner of the "Poharan, GO HOME!" since what's done is done.  I still feel angry, resentful and PO'd.

@DomiSotto Totally get you. It was an absolute massacre yesterday and it wasn't just in one channel. Every single capture the Ceruleans changed and killed all of the Crimsons as channels passed by. 7 channels we had total while I was there and every single one ended up becoming Cerulean dominated. It made me feel disgusted. I love competitive play. I don't mind dying to the other faction; but overkill is what I really mind. When you have 30 people running at you then a FM grabbing and throwing you into all of their friends. It's instant death, infact you're dead before you even can retaliate back or run away... and this also has happened AT THE SPAWN POINTS in camps. Spawn killing is awful.

Apparently though; I have heard some bosses drop boxes when you are not wearing faction uniforms so I'm going to try that tomorrow when I am able to access the game. Hopefully as others have said that it'll die down in the week; but also as you said if they are benefitting from it why would they stop? They make money + they can make themselves feel oh so good ruining the other teams stuff. I had a conversation with a few of the Ceruleans in my team and most of them verbally abused me. There was a nice bunch of people willing to give us a channel but if everyone doesn't agree to it.. so what? At least when it was single servers you knew when the server was quiet - and while we never completed minings or even got a mining we could kill a dude at one end and gain his key. People need to learn to share and help each other. We are all playing the same game and if more of us can do the content the prices will decrease meaning we will all be able to gear higher so we'll all be near legendary status. But nope. What can you really expect of people who bash others because they are less experienced or don't have a high enough AP.

Love SSP now -.-

Crimson Gr 1 btw.
Everyone, full Crimson channel:  "Let's go kill Konta"
*kills Konta*
Lower players (sub 600): "This goes too fast, I'm gonna check another channel"
*15 high AP crimsons left in channel*
*30+Cerus come in, kill drills in 3 minutes*
*Higher people join the same channel those sub 600s went to, so they can try to do their dailies again*
Everyone, full Crimson channel: "Let's go Kill Konta"

Rinse and repeat.
Yesterday there were 7 channels and this just happened in every channel, one after the other. It was terrible.

I did laugh in the end when I was whispered late at night by some Crimson buddies that I was right in going all the way to finish the SSP dailies in the last minutes before maintenance. That person didn't manage to do them yet.

4 hours ago, OniOfTheSword said:

The merge just happened yesterday. It was a long maintenance, people were itching to play. Many wanted to make a point to the other faction on day 1.

Just give it time, the extreme hostility won't last long, or won't be as intense as time passes. If the pvp/killing frustrates/annoys you, just stay out of SSP for a few days or a week until the heated feelings die down.

Oh oni youre too nice... of course poh reds will stay agressive.

Archived