How can you enjoy a game without end game?

Centershock

Hello,

I play this game now for 2.5 months, farming ssp and dungeons every day for 40-100g each day.

Running the same dungeon over and over..... im tired of it.

The upgrades you get are pointless .... +5 AP here and there, so what? Now i can kill the same boss i killed 27 times before exactly 5 seconds faster?!

Its still the same nonsense!

What else can you do in this game? Arena..... way too boring.

Wirlcrap valley where you get picked apart by 700 ap wallet warriors? For sure not.

So what is the goal of an mmo? Get better gear to defeat stronger bosses that you could not defeat before ---- not in this game!

Bring people together in guilds, on the battlefield to fight the opposite faction--- not in this game! There is only one faction and you are a fool if you dont join the dominating faction.

Lets just try and farm keys in ssp when you are a member of the smaller faction. Good luck with that.

Or try to join a ssp group, just ask ppl for party invite.... not going to happen. Playing alone 90% of the time... in a mmo.... laughable!

After you reach max lvl this game has absolutely nothing to offer that would make this game worth playing.

First i thought this game is different, and it is. Its so different that it becomes pointless.

If you check a players gear and he has like 650 ap, maybe even a legendary then you know he spend a shit load of cash on this game, he didnt have to defeat some ultra hard boss or raid

with 40 other people, or hope for a high roll to get his gear..... nothing of that. All he got is the ability to defeat that one boss he killed many times before 10 seconds faster.

How pointless is that?

If this game would offer anything of what every other mmo offers it would be a great game. But it just doesnt.

No end game means no reason to play. BNS business model might work in asia, for what ever reason but it doesnt here.

Well.... thanks for reading, im just sad that i have spend so much time on this game.

6 minutes ago, Renze said:

Pvp and infinity tower are endgame

You talking about this single player endgame in an mmo? You could play that offline, would make no difference. There is no pvp besides arena... another single player experience.

Well the thing is, Blade And Soul is unique because the story line has seasons.

It's basically us playing inside an "anime". We get seasons. We just finished Season 1... (spoilers) We kill  " J "

The second season will be about young " J " being in some...trouble with a person with fans. Im not spoiling. 

So basically, If we do have an end game content, there would be no point in having it unless the story line is completely done, or we would be fighting some random character named "Dragon Reborn Super Saiyan Yura" that the stage would be in sky petal plains or something with the gates of hell opened in the sky and we have no idea how in the world it even happened.

You know what i mean?

The community is what it is and cannot really be changed. There are people who complain dungeons being non-soloable and then there are people complaining that there is not much party depending features.  I find it enjoyable to repeat dungeons over and over again even for those minor upgrades just because it looks "cool" to have something that not every single player has. I also enjoy getting achievements even those with 1000 kills on one single boss in an insanely long dungeons. Once I reach max level and feel that I am too bored to grind more on that one single character I simply switch to alt and level them up. Not to mention the gorgeous outfits that still keep me in the game as I love simply looking at my chars with cute outfits.

I don't know what MMOs you have been playing but to me endgame means farming same things over and over again to gain materials for selling or upgrading.

It sounded like you had experienced / played another faction based mmo which had all the things you are complaining here. Can you tell me which game? If not you should shut up. There is no perfect mmo game nowadays specially faction based ones. All these kinds of games had whinners like you in their forums. fation imbalance, DDOS attacks, bots, hackers,

exploits. there in every game. Tell me which mmo you came from and i'll posts here all the complaints they had which you are doing right now.

7 minutes ago, Choco Wack said:

It sounded like you had experienced / played another faction based mmo which had all the things you are complaining here. Can you tell me which game? If not you should shut up. There is no perfect mmo game nowadays specially faction based ones. All these kinds of games had whinners like you in their forums. fation imbalance, DDOS attacks, bots, hackers,

exploits. there in every game. Tell me which mmo you came from and i'll posts here all the complaints they had which you are doing right now.

The last mmo i played was WOW from vanilla to lich king, now tell me more about how bad this game was back in the day. Compared to the single player experience this game has to offer it was a *cricket*ing blast let me tell you.

7 minutes ago, Renze said:

I don't understand,

Well.... i can see that!

I dont know mmo which has something to offer at end game. It is the same rinse and repeat by doing THE SAME STUFF, it differs from game to game. But you do the same stuff over and over again with little to nothing to gain in every mmo I played.

53 minutes ago, Centershock said:

If you check a players gear and he has like 650 ap, maybe even a legendary then you know he spend a shit load of cash on this game, he didnt have to defeat some ultra hard boss or raid

This is where you Fail buddy not everyone that has High ap spends cash... i for one is sitting on 668ap with only a +4ap ruby from a free trove box RNG roll.. i worked and farm my mats for my legend and only playing 3-5hrs a day. i work with my clan and share everything every ember drops, hm skill book sold so we can share a profit... i only spend my irl cash on membership. you just don't know how to play the market and work with others

WOW? tons of DDOS, faction was still imbalanced, speedhackers kill and disappear in an instant. WOW is one of the games who got a lot of exploits. WOW's forums still have loads of complaints just like your doing right now. No difference.

check how many complain threads people made in WOW's forums up to now. How many complain threads did you made there? Did you got bored and switched to another imperfect game and complained again? wow.

42 minutes ago, Choco Wack said:

-------------------------------------------------------------

WOW? tons of DDOS, faction was still imbalanced, speedhackers kill and disappear in an instant. WOW is one of the games who got a lot of exploits. WOW's forums still have loads of complaints just like your doing right now. No difference.

check how many complain threads people made in WOW's forums up to now. How many complain threads did you made there? Did you got bored and switched to another imperfect game and complained again? wow.

Kindergarden replies like that are not helping your case in looking tough? What's with that immature crap? Spend more time in real life and finish junior high so that you can mature mentally and find better means to react to negative situations.

But I agree with some posters here. Endgame is MOSTLY the same. In WoW it was raid-or-quit. If you couldn't or didn't want to raid, you had hardly anything to do until dailys came along.  And here in Grind you Soul, your endgame doesn't revolve around farming gear but farming mats or gold to upgrade gear. It's basically the same. Just that Grind your Soul is Asian and hides gear upgrades behind RNGesus and the usual time sink. Thus is takes longer as the materials required are in the hundreds, so farming takes longer be it for mats OR gold to buy them.

3 minutes ago, Ohlong Johnson said:

Kindergarden replies like that are not helping your case in looking tough?

But I agree with some posters here. Endgame is MOSTLY the same. In WoW it was raid-or-quit. If you couldn't or didn't want to raid, you had hardly anything to do until dailys came along.  And here in Grind you Soul, your endgame doesn't revolve around farming gear but farming mats or gold to upgrade gear. It's basically the same. Just that Grind your Soul is Asian and hides gear upgrades behind RNGesus and the usual time sink.

I agree with your raid or quit part but WOT had 3 battlefields if i remember right and one of them was 40 vs 40, just a lot of fun, or you could farm materials for flasks.

Or crafting..... how good was crafting in early WOT, great... it was great. And im not saying that WOT was perfect or that it is perfect right now, i quit WOT a long time ago before i joined the Navy. And i think its  a big difference when you unlock gear to be a able to clear a dungeon that you could not clear compared to get gear to complete the same dungeon but faster.

19 minutes ago, Choco Wack said:

You are one of the guys who buys Cod every year..... am i right?

Doing everything alone? Your decision. Look for good clan that runs clangroups.

Doing SSP every day? Your decision. Why not mix it up with other dungeons.

SSP is basically 1 faction only? Partially your decision and everyone elses. You don't wanna have a hard time doing SSP? Sure, just change to dominant faction. In Lineage2, when one side (alliance/clan, theres no faction) was dominant (open world pvp, you could lock down best farming spots) they would split up and create 1-2 other forces to compete. BnS Players decided to go the easy way to avoid PvP.

Join 4man with 4 party members? Your decision. Go hard mode and try to duo = more income.

ENJOY THE *cricket* GAME IN YOUR OWN WAY. I keep seeing people that only want to progress and it's messing with their passion for the game.

I have never stepped foot into SSP until recently because I only had my assassin. Pain in the ass, no fun at all, so I didn't do it. Sure, I missed out on alot of soulstones, but I'm here to enjoy the game and not getting forced into handling bullcrap mechanics.

550+ AP should be enough for the majority. 600+ AP should be enough for the whole year. TAKE YOUR TIME FOLKS, there's no need to rush anymore.

5 hours ago, Centershock said:

The last mmo i played was WOW from vanilla to lich king, now tell me more about how bad this game was back in the day. Compared to the single player experience this game has to offer it was a *cricket*ing blast let me tell you.

Well.... i can see that!

Then why not go back to WoW?  It's not as bad a game as people say it is :p

The only reason I never got into it was because City of Heroes was out before it, and it's customization spoiled me to any MMOs without customization :p

6 hours ago, tuannifur said:

Well the thing is, Blade And Soul is unique because the story line has seasons.

It's basically us playing inside an "anime". We get seasons. We just finished Season 1... (spoilers) We kill  " J "

The second season will be about young " J " being in some...trouble with a person with fans. Im not spoiling.

Erm. As a Spoiler Alert, Guild Wars 2 does a Living Story as well But it's forgiven since they are technically the same company.

5 hours ago, Choco Wack said:

Yet WoW made the endgame grind feel a lot less bad. For one thing, WoW had weekly lockouts on the most important dungeons. Chances were that if you needed an upgrade, you had one chance per week to get it. In B&S you are guaranteed your drops, but it takes hundreds of runs of the same content to farm the same material. The release speed of patches for the game makes it so that you feel like you have to grind an insane amount to keep your gear in line with the current content, which means you'll be running the same dungeons over and over again not once per week, not even once per day but multiple times every night. And not just for gear, because there is also the mandatory 100 Yeti runs. And even then you still have to depend on luck to get perfect soul shields because they are randomized.

I actually do not mind the variety of the content in the end-game, there is always far more than I can do in a day. I just wish the rewards for each thing were not so small that to pressure a player in doing so much every day. Also, given how frequently the main story updates, and how cool the classes are for different PvP experiences, it has all the nuts and bolts imo to be pretty entertaining.

It's just too stingy with rewards which makes some entries hard to complete, because of the gear gap (SSP and 6 vs 6)

Archived