The AP/Grinding Problem

CrimsonKitsune

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is a big misunderstanding in these AP requirement

- High AP doesn't mean automatically high DPS. I've seen plenty of good players with low AP doing better than high APs one

- High AP without accuracy / piercing and crit = shit

- a dead high AP geared person doesn't DPS

Problem is people are mostly lazy and just want to do dungeons where high geared people can skip mechanics and survive through mistakes...

I've also seen people recruiting AP 500 + and they are only 400 themselves ^^

And regardless of AP i huge chunk of the players don't know the depth and subtleties on how to play their classes and depending on the class the difference can be huge.

Qel thats good point to except for the lazyness comment, to be considered lazy would mean that it is reasonable to accomplish something but you just don't want to do it these requirements are not in any way reasonable. The correct way would be to say people are not interested to farm these ridiculous tasks and as such the ap problem still persists 

I have 600+AP, I'm not in trouble finding groups. I also have alts and if you do things properly at 50 you should be at around 400AP without much trouble. at 400 something AP you can do 3ID / storage / mandate however it will take longer obviously than a group of full 500+ but you'd most likely be kicked out before starting the dungeon.

Now farming from that point on to improve your AP is not going to be easy if you are a lone player without a clan or friends and I can see the lack of patience of highly geared people being a hindrance to more casual player trying to gear up... Unless the minimum gear provided when you reach lvl cap is decent enough but i'm not sure if that would only put the AP req higher than solve the problem...

11 hours ago, WhoAmI1 said:

I'm glad NCSoft didn't add the kick feature in NA/EU regions. 

The option would be abused so badly that if anyone was under 650ap they would be kicked. xD

That was a given this community or should I say the elites are foaming at the mouth for this so they can kick with pleasure whom they wish

22 hours ago, Qel said:

Now farming from that point on to improve your AP is not going to be easy if you are a lone player without a clan or friends and I can see the lack of patience of highly geared people being a hindrance to more casual player trying to gear up... Unless the minimum gear provided when you reach lvl cap is decent enough but i'm not sure if that would only put the AP req higher than solve the problem...

They can just add bolster for daily challenge dungeons (ONLY DAILY CHALLENGE) bringing up the undergeared players to a standard 500 AP/50 critical set up so they have a chance to run all the DC dungeons and farm mats they need. This neither takes away from the geared players who can farm far more, nor it depopulates the dungeons per se.

16 hours ago, WhoAmI1 said:

I'm glad NCSoft didn't add the kick feature in NA/EU regions. 

The option would be abused so badly that if anyone was under 650ap they would be kicked. xD

fully agree with you! all of the existing dungeons, even 4 man, can be done with 500ap alone.

On 7/4/2016 at 9:01 AM, Qel said:

There is a big misunderstanding in these AP requirement

- High AP doesn't mean automatically high DPS. I've seen plenty of good players with low AP doing better than high APs one

^^ So true ^^, as shown in this video.

I would take a person with 400AP with 25ms ping to server vs a person with 500AP but has at best 150ms to server any day.

But as you said, it seems many players demanding 500+ AP fails to understand what this game really requires.

7 hours ago, KENPACHl said:

Lol I saw a Blackram Supply Chain 550+Ap requirement the other day... It's getting ridiculous.

Saw 650+ the other day I just lol. But they did put fast run so maybe they just want to get it done with........

To be honest on my desto alt I have around 450AP I have no issue doing the easier purple dungeons (Lair, Nerco, Heavens, even Nexus with my guild) As long as you when to dps, when to get out is a cake walk.

I also haven't been kick once at all with the low ap @@ it could be coz I have over 60k so people thing I am gear......

14 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

you're luck sponge normally people check ap to see how good others are and then leave.

THis is one of the reason I still haven't gear my BM yet. As we all know BM are usually tanks and they are expect to tanks and have the most skills. and gear to surive. However I can't get gear when the gear I need is from the dungeons I am running and when people see yoru AP, crt hp they just leave.

Dps is easier to gear up because their job is easier.

On 7/6/2016 at 6:51 AM, CrimsonKitsune said:

My hp isnt the problem, my critical isnt the problem its my ap apparently if you don't have more than 550 to 500 min ap you aren't worth anything to them which causes them to leave most of the time.  

It's only gotten worse!

I have 541-543 AP and I sat there watching people asking for 550-650+ for dungeons that before, all they called out for was 500+ :p

When I saw a 550+ Narrows I was all "WTF?!"

This game is all about bell shaped graph.

you have Newbie zone>Majority Scrub zone>Majority Mid zone>High zone>Elite zone [Instance success rate also climb higher as u progress up in zones]

They're sorted by AP and keep moving up in AP in each patch if you take a break you'll fall into scrub zone and force to PAY TO PROGRESS.....otherwise you have to run dungeon with clueless scrubs who dont know mechanics and fail 10times to pass only once....

Basically AP is a water filtration system.

Even 550+ asura where 5guys are 600-700 veterans there's this guy with 550 103acc no brand resist.....WITH Master of Ice and Fire title.....

Intentional Leechers quantity is another thing that is correlated with zones.

The AP problem won't go away as the people who view AP as the ultimate scoring/judgement factor fail to realize how the formula works. Yes, It is a factor on damage but a lower tier factor. Crit DMG is a higher rated damage modifier than AP is. Tried explaining this to them but they shrugged it off since I guess they have trouble glancing down to where Crit Rate and Crit DMG are. Seems the West is controlled by scrubs who didn't fair too well in the JP, TW, KR, and CN versions of the game. Would rather take their frustration and sorrow out on the Western region community.

Basically it is their ignorance, egotistical, and self conceited mentality that has brought the game to where it is now. The whole "Make your own group if you don't meet our over-inflated AP requirement" aspect is hindering and will eventually be the downfall of NA/EU Blade & Soul. I can run any instance just fine but I hear a large number of players who claim they have trouble running instances due to the AP issue.

This game is getting the "Get good through suffering or GTFO" reputation.

I guess the AP extremist players want a private server to mess around on where they can't get in legal trouble.

to be honest i dont have any problem with lower AP people , what i do have problems with is that some " low ap people " are joining rooms with no reist belt, not even accuarcy for its dungeon. and then  they complain about we high ap kicking them, cause they cant put any effort by getting anything of what i wrote.. and they demand they want to be in the party?

oh yeah, i saw some " low ap " person with level 36 soul shields.. in a level 50 purple dungeon, thats how you want it to be ?

and when i asked him why is he joining, he answer " yeah but you guys are high ap "

and when you que for LEP , and you see ppl with like 360-420 ap in Sura 6man, why do you even que when you dont have the minimal of it.. ah yeah you want to get carried.

I've always set minimum benchmarks for my cross server party : 400 AP, no Profane Weap/Infernal Accessories for any Lower Tier Silverfrost Dungeons(Yeti/Lair/Necropolis/Cold/Mandate). I mean, I just can't accept people sneaking into Silverfrost content with Cinderland-grade equipments. The real problem why such issues persisted with newbies is the proactivity of doing Moonwater content plunged into absolute oblivion and the survey/quest rewards weren't helping them breeze through Moonwater-grade like how they did for Cinderland-grade back in 45 cap. If your party did all mechanics right and Yeti still goes on enraged mode, you'd know the woes of dealing with having an undergeared party, especially when you see a more DPS-potential class like SF/FM/WL running with a much lower gear than they're supposed to.

I ran my main BM with Pirate path and alt Summoner with Oathbreaker Path. The difficulty is real. NCWEST has to re-assess the equipment eligibility of Silverfrost dungeons OR aid these new players through the Moonwater content. My alt Summoner(level 50) had to do Moonwater dailies for a month before I could deem her capable of stepping into Silverfrost dungeons.

Edit : The heroic dungeons in Moonwater Plains are not completely integral and part of the story quest, which also contributes the factor on why lowbies ended up with Cinderlands equipments but levelled to 50 at Silverfrost content.

33 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

to be honest i dont have any problem with lower AP people , what i do have problems with is that some " low ap people " are joining rooms with no reist belt, not even accuarcy for its dungeon. and then  they complain about we high ap kicking them, cause they cant put any effort by getting anything of what i wrote.. and they demand they want to be in the party?

oh yeah, i saw some " low ap " person with level 36 soul shields.. in a level 50 purple dungeon, thats how you want it to be ?

and when i asked him why is he joining, he answer " yeah but you guys are high ap "

and when you que for LEP , and you see ppl with like 360-420 ap in Sura 6man, why do you even que when you dont have the minimal of it.. ah yeah you want to get carried.

Agreed on that.  I saw a HM 9 with less AP than my 44 SF (who's just over 300).

1 hour ago, katashi90 said:

I've always set minimum benchmarks for my cross server party : 400 AP, no Profane Weap/Infernal Accessories for any Lower Tier Silverfrost Dungeons(Yeti/Lair/Necropolis/Cold/Mandate). I mean, I just can't accept people sneaking into Silverfrost content with Cinderland-grade equipments. The real problem why such issues persisted with newbies is the proactivity of doing Moonwater content plunged into absolute oblivion and the survey/quest rewards weren't helping them breeze through Moonwater-grade like how they did for Cinderland-grade back in 45 cap. If your party did all mechanics right and Yeti still goes on enraged mode, you'd know the woes of dealing with having an undergeared party, especially when you see a more DPS-potential class like SF/FM/WL running with a much lower gear than they're supposed to.

I ran my main BM with Pirate path and alt Summoner with Oathbreaker Path. The difficulty is real. NCWEST has to re-assess the equipment eligibility of Silverfrost dungeons OR aid these new players through the Moonwater content. My alt Summoner(level 50) had to do Moonwater dailies for a month before I could deem her capable of stepping into Silverfrost dungeons.

Edit : The heroic dungeons in Moonwater Plains are not completely integral and part of the story quest, which also contributes the factor on why lowbies ended up with Cinderlands equipments but levelled to 50 at Silverfrost content.

Depends. The blue dungeons in sliverfrost is a good start for gear, Same with Mushin tower. Also with lvl 45 dungeons in the daily, people should have no issue gearing up. I got my summoner and Desto up to 450 and 475 AP easily with just doing those. Now I do run some easier purple lvl 50 dungeons with my desto (more gear). But I can't progress much faster because I need better soulshields, and weapons upgrade which cost a lot of gold and time. So I have to decide to keep gearing my main for new content or gear my alt and then have both my main and my alt with low AP and unable to do new content.

A lot of MMO's made it easy for alts and new players to get gear up to the latest and hardest content which then you have to grind for the top tire gear. I assume the top tire weapons in BnS is lengandery weapons now. However in BnS in order to upgrade you need lots and lot's of gold and material which comes from SSP. As we know SSP is now control by high level AP players so the new to mid gear players doesn't even have a chance to farm in SSP for materials which makes it harder to gear up. This is so true I am not the best gear person 575AP 49% crt and 198% crt damage I think I am OK but when I step in SSP mobs dies so quick coz there are lpeopole with 700AP 60% crt and 210% crt caamge nuking down the mobs. I get no credit for the kill, can't farm gold or mats and wasted hours.

I think a better way is for Ncsoft to have all the upgrade materials from doing dungeons and SSP. At least this way it is easier for new players to get the material they need.

Archived