The game needs to be changed.

Trio

So I'm one of the people who has loved this game since before I can remember I would count the days before it would be released then spend all my days/nights playing it, as I loved the game way too much I ignored the direction the game was taking and the comments people were making about it, the majority of people leaving. However, I can finally understand why the hype has completely died as I tried to explain to so many friends why they should play Blade and Soul after explaining it to them I finally saw it right in-front of how as to how grindy and quickly to burn you out this game is: 

-] The overall leveling is perfect and I would not change anything about it however when hongmoon levels  are added into the equation that becomes harder to accept, as I tried explaining to my friends after you cap you will have hongmoon levels where you will spend most of your day completing 40 quests only to get a very tiny percentage increase and these levels are crucial to stat and skill building.

-] The gear progression system is one of the worst I have ever seen throughout MMOs, at the beginning it didnt bother me at all during the 45 cap as they were very reasonable however as we came into the silverfrost stage you are required for hundreds and hundreds of mats to progress to the next stage only to repeat the same process yet again and farm those hundreds of mats (stingers/moonstones/flowers etc)

-] Hongmoon energy- to be able to get from stage 1-5 you will need  183 ornaments, 92 evolved stone, 4 premium stones and 55g  (total) : 5331 Gold 

-] Pet system- I was very exciting when I heard about the release of pets only to release yet again it is something else you are required to enhance up to stage 10 which means 25 stones are required 

-] Gems- In order to obtain the best gems in the game you will 1) spend your life doing blackwyrm to be able to buy 1 gem at a time at 1000 essences 2) spend money to try your luck at getting them from the store rng boxes 3) try your luck and open rng pouches for diamonds or buy them at 400g

-] Alts - If you are someone who loves to try new things and not stick to one character this is not the game for you, as you will have to start completely from scratch in order to fully gear up that character as well which in any game I would say is completely fair and would make alot of sense however, in blade and soul it means you are wasting another year of your life. I would love to be able to play alts but given the expenses it would require I simply cannot afford it if I wish to someday get to ledendary

-] Legendary weapons- I'm not going to go into a lot of details on this as I dont have all the details and im not sure If i am fully correct with the materials however from what I have heard the main problems people will face when attempting to go for a legendary would be the 10 premium silverfrost stones as these along with 35 regular stones, 560 stingers ? and 250 moonstones? bring the price to 7018 gold

-]Crafting- I love the crafting in this game as in the early on it required you to go out and find the materials, however now you are required to wait 12 hours to craft one item and then 24 hours to craft something else using that other item you previously crafted. This took the fun completely out of crafting as when you are crafting lets say stones you will not be able to use them for atleast 1.5 days which is absurd. 

-] Hongmoon skills- To me this has been one of the things that bothered me from the very beginning as to be able to obtain my hongmoon skills first I had to join a clan, then the following one required me to do dailies everyday until I got 300 reclaimed pages (which you are limited to how many you can get a day which means you must spam it everyday to get it) and now you need to buy a stone from a vendor in cold storage for 120 stones ( encourages purchase of resets) and combine it with another stone you can only get from Asura 4man (which you will struggle to do without getting your gear up) or buy it at the market for 500-600gold

I completely understand that NC cannot directly change anything regarding any of this as they are simply following other versions of the game but I am simply saying the game cannot go on this way people are getting too burnt out and I love this game too much to quit however, I feel like im reaching my limit lately. I cannot convince any of my friends to play this when they hear about any of this.

Ways to change:

-] Allow us to transfer hongmoon Rings/Necklace/Earing/bracelet/Belt between characters of the same account this will not harm the income of the company as more people will be inclined to actually be able to make alts without needing to completely restart other than weapon/soul and soulshields which is completely fair

-] Hold events or just flat out increase the drop rate significantly. I am aware of the recent "increase" of drops of stingers however if they were actually increased at all they were not increased to make any significant difference. I'm not trying to offend anyone or speak poorly of the company however the trove event and the Nebula stones were not put in to assist us with progressing further that was a cash ploy and a very good one but In the end it did not lower the market prices it ironically pushed them up (not including ornaments and soulstones for a short period of time) 

-] Change the way hongmoon levels are, currently lvling up your hongmoon levels is more of a job than an actually level up as you will spend most of your day getting your 40 dailies done for a few % and you're supposed to do this until you max out which is just awful.

-] Hongmoon skills should not be that much of a grind to obtain 

I know the majority of the comments are going to be along the lines of

- You dont need a legendary

- You dont need the best gems

- You dont need a pet

and so on although you are right to a degree you do not need those things to enjoy the game however, when you are trying to actually level up and farm and do dungeons actively you will face alot of different problems regarding not having enough AP for instance and not being allowed to join dungeons or in cases like infinity or battleground your stats are too low to benefit anyone.

I'm not saying I want to cap in a day and be fully maxed out on that same day I'm just saying I wish I could play a game where I can actually enjoy that game without the constant fear of being left behind in gears/AP/ skills and have everyone around me quitting as they are just simply tired of the burn out.

tl;dr:

u must read it all :c

also sorry how messy it is :c I got tired after typing it all up to fix it 

I definitely agree with you.  I bought the founders pack and tried to support this game when I could but with the direction its taking, I'm going to have to eventually ditch this game. I played Maplestory back when I was small and I thought THAT was a grind....this game is unfair when it comes to gear progression, and more. This game reminds me of silent hill, the first 45 levels are a dream. Its fun, its simple, its reasonable....then comes silverfrost and its the hell. I also had a huge post on how i felt about this game and how these set backs are serious. Although there were no responses lol.

55 minutes ago, Trio said:

- You dont need a pet

- You don't need to play

6 minutes ago, Dad said:

Edit*

You know what, after that stream I just don't care anymore.

What happened on the stream lol I missed it It's completely lagging out for me I have to wait for the youtube upload

Actually after stream and seeing the direction this game is heading to,i consider this game lost all opportunities to survive in west for more then 1 year.

No optimisation coming ,no support for pvp,no factions balance,no other ways for moonstones to be obtained (just from some side RNG events) ,players feeling left outside content-many things ''under development''.

Looking forward to some other healthier game.

5 hours ago, Trio said:

What happened on the stream lol I missed it It's completely lagging out for me I have to wait for the youtube upload

I'm not lying, I fell half asleep during the stream cause 99% was all pve questions, only 1 pvp question for us PVP players. So yeah, wanted to listen but my head was laying on my desk with the sound turned down a little.

9 hours ago, Trio said:

And you don't need to throw in your useless comment that adds nothing to the thread ^_^ 

And you didn't even understand that I was agreeing with you.

13 hours ago, Zuf said:
14 hours ago, Trio said:

- You dont need a pet

- You don't need to play

Exactly. There is no point in repetitively doing the current end game grind. Jinsoyun story is out and done for many and so the game is done. Parts 5 and 6 will not make many return, Soul Fighter will not make many return. They rushed people in and through and out the door.

BnS has really zero replayability. The silverfrost area serves no purpose but a few places to further the story once it got back on track. They tried to rush and force people onto this Oathbreaker/Silverfrost weapon path and you don't even need it or anything above siren accessories to finish the story which kept most people around.the giant gp between the cash players and the f2p players is so huge that any and all PVP is a joke. The only thing to look forward to is more epeen waving preventing you from going into a dungeon to get silverfrost upgrades.

You really don't need to play unless you like senseless dungeon crawling for no reward. At least Diablo3 each player gets stuff when they go through their dungeon crawls. BnS lost its path somewhere along the way and forgot what it was doing. The beginning is great, the story pulls you in and tugs at you to continue on. Then you get to Moonwater and, with the new weapon path even, you have some arbitrary thing that makes no sense. Mushin's Tower serves no real purpose in the story except for backstory, but you have to fight through it to get new gear. Maybe it was intended to teach how to play so when you fought Mushin in the story part of the tower you would know how to fight, but the increased difficulty of EVERYTHING in NA/EU and the short amount of time people have had to play makes it nothing but frustration and grind when you get to that point.

BnS has/had a good story going for it. No idea what will become since the loose ends that were tied up have been changed, but the ending we have now for Jinsoyun leaves confusion and bad editing.

Unless you are wanting to join in waving epeen on some sort of PVP, there really is no point in playing BnS after the story. It is a shame such good early story writing (Don't act like the story didnt draw you into it!) devolves into just trash and grind so quickly. Such a waste of good potential where story could have been had and wonderful visuals all around.

6 hours ago, Zuf said:

And you didn't even understand that I was agreeing with you.

Well I thought you were bringing up the same thing people keep telling me which is " if you dont like how the game is then quit" misunderstood you sorry.

17 hours ago, Trio said:

The overall leveling is perfect and I would not change anything about it however when hongmoon levels  are added into the equation that becomes harder to accept, as I tried explaining to my friends after you cap you will have hongmoon levels where you will spend most of your day completing 40 quests only to get a very tiny percentage increase and these levels are crucial to stat and skill building.

Ahem, the world bosses and green dungeons all of which is supposedly have to be done solo now.... even leveling is now only for the leet.

-]Crafting- I love the crafting in this game as in the early on it required you to go out and find the materials, however now you are required to wait 12 hours to craft one item and then 24 hours to craft something else using that other item you previously crafted. This took the fun completely out of crafting as when you are crafting lets say stones you will not be able to use them for atleast 1.5 days which is absurd.

It's a painful system, but once you fall into the cadence, and continuously produce the stones, it works. It is somewhat aligned with how fast you can accumulate the mats.

For example, for MTS, you need 50 ss and a refiner, all of which can be turned around in 24 hours. On the other hand, for Silverfrost stones, you need 250 ss + 10 moonstones, so that's roughly takes 3 days to get the order in and craft, with the crafting part taking a day. Basically, once you build up the materials cushion & have more than one crafter for the only 2 skills that are useful, it starts to flow better.

2 hours ago, Shadzar said:

You really don't need to play unless you like senseless dungeon crawling for no reward. At least Diablo3 each player gets stuff when they go through their dungeon crawls.

Please don't write like D3 would be any better. There you are running the same useless shit over and over for hundreds of hours for nothing (because everything is rng and you will most likely not get what you want) because the game has no content.

Everything Trio said is true. I personally like the gear system because it's not random. You know what you need and what you get. There are also some different possibilities to get what you need. The game itself is fine that way. The only problem is our patch speed. Imaging 9-12 months of lv. 45 content, no one would have problems with silverfrost start.

The one thing about B&S that really bugs be is so much pain for so little gain. My GF and I are casual players who play for 2-3hours a night, it takes us atm around a week too gather the gold and mats needed to evolve a piece of gear only too get 3 more AP. The Grind in this game is just insane. I know some will say but without the grind then what is there to do for the endgame ? Well in every other MMO that I have played you grind for a few weeks to receive your epic gear then after that you leveled a new class for a new experience of the game and it was enjoyable to do so. With B&S leveling a alt really isn't all that enjoyable because in the back of your mind you know when they hit that certain level the endless grind will appear.

There are so many things that I love about the game but if I had known about the endless endgame grind my GF and I would have thought hard about playing this game. I know in time we will get there playing at our own pace but atm we just can't see any light at the end of the tunnel.

i would say being able to get things you could sell for REAL value like D3 has IS better than getting nothing or things you can only sell for a few copper like BnS does.

I have no other ideas how D3 works except their "PVE" has seasons that reset something and you have leaderboards for the "PVE".

Outside of the story in BnS are you claiming thee is really any content?  You only need Moonwater gear to complete the Silverfrost story line. That means this Nico Coutant that was recently promoted to head producer and his idea" Silverfrost is the greatest content the game has" needs to be locked in a looney bin because it is NO content. Nothing more than dungeon crawling greater rifts on D3.

In the case where there is no real content in either, the one where EVERY player can acquire something for their time IS better.

It's sad because this game has a good sense of progression up to about HM8/True Breeze and then you just slam into a grindwall so high it just makes you think twice about even logging in the next day let alone giving NC money for the privilege of doing so.  I am totally in agreement that the producer's letter stream was a total letdown and makes me think the new producer is totally disconnected from the user experience.  Basically saying "yes, we could make things easier for you, but we won't" is not what we wanted to hear.  Every minor thing they have done to alleviate the insurmountable grind has been much too little and usually can only be fully taken advantage of by those who are OK with gambling with real money and hoping that RNGesus smiles on you.

Every few days a player who puts a good amount of time into the game and perhaps some money as well wants to have some sort of progression, not just a tiny step towards the next upgrade tier.  I am in full agreement with all the OPs points as well as everyone else who has stated the same.  The apologists who can't resist coming in and saying "you just want things handed to you" and the like should really just back off.  Most folks who play an MMO don't want to have a huge string of items available in the current version they have no hope of attaining in a reasonable amount of time, if you really do love grinding endlessly without the joy of a payoff, or want to pay large sums of money to feel more 1337 among fellow players that is fine, just understand you are in the minority and should be more understanding of players who don't feel as you do.

2 hours ago, Trio said:

Well I thought you were bringing up the same thing people keep telling me which is " if you dont like how the game is then quit" misunderstood you sorry.

No, I meant the the "you don't need to go for gear, you don't need to do this, you don't need to do that"... so, for what I am playing for?

Pretty much sums it up.

Unfortunately judging by the live stream nothing will be done. They will throw in some more P2W "events". "Events" in this game consist of paying real money to open up more slot machine boxes on your screen. "Can I get one for free?" yes you can get ONE. Credit Card guy just bought 200 though I wonder if that will give him an advantage over you?

• 3 weeks later...

i am blown awy by this dopick no faule langue no hate only people agreeng what is wrong about a game that they like, nice

and yah i think this game is good, if u pley on character until u finish the story and to once a while some pvp (tag match is my faforite feels like marvel x capcom)

Sory for my english oviosly i to not speak it

this is spot on. ncsoft needs to read this. 

soulstone plains is a huge mess too. the zones cap is to high to allow everyone participating to get credit and ranged get the advantage when it comes down to it due to mechanics too.

i have witness so much crap in that zone its amazing. one time a group of ranged characters sat in crimson base on top of the tent and was pulling aggro there. melee couldent get credit, if you tried you would pull another boss.

ive seen ranged player train mobs over melee to increase their odds at getting quest credit and drops.

ive seen enough to hate humanity. a good game does not pit a faction thats suppose to be working together against each other for items everybody needs :/ 

this is not even mentioning how one sided the faction system is anyway. crimsons dont get to do mining on my server. 

32 minutes ago, Vau said:

i have witness so much crap in that zone its amazing. one time a group of ranged characters sat in crimson base on top of the tent and was pulling aggro there. melee couldent get credit, if you tried you would pull another boss.

We always do the tent boss on top of the tent. Ranged and melee. People actually specialize in pulling just the main boss on top of the tent on my server, both Crimson and Ceru, though Crimson usually just swaps channels to make a synchronized uninterrupted mining cycle go on and on instead of a tent boss, if you mean Yachun/Hemu. Everyone starts with flying to the top of the tent and waiting there for the boss to be brought up. It's when someone corners it in the flaps of the tent on the ground when it gets hard. It does not really disadvantage the melee. I mean, if there is one thing on SSP that is easy to get credit on, it's the tent boss.

As for the ranged woes, well, with a Warlock the ONLY elites I can kill for the quest are the guys in the middle during the battle. All others reset and restore to full health. It's annoying.

I must be the only one who enjoys grinding like this. I must be the only one who actually loves the system where it forces to start alt from scratch. Only the FPS drops at SSP, random dcing and bot situation imo should be fixed.

I and me friend just leveling our SF alts to 50lvl. We dont care HM levels and skills. Just because it is not worth our time. We dont have free weeks to do same boring shit. We doing only arena for fun and clean 50lvl is enough to beat most of HM players. Agree with OP. This game except arena is just stupidly set thing. NCSOFT dont know ehat i want from game. Fun, reasonable leveling and gearing, fun, social connections and FUN.

Problems is: Things will not go better, because we have too many issues and NC dont want change anything. Damn i have bot friend request from same bot almost one month. Simply this.

Also we dont spending any money. We dont want support this type of bussines.

19 minutes ago, Lexter said:

Problems is: Things will not go better, because we have too many issues and NC dont want change anything.

I think this is the likeliest outcome. I don't think there is enough drive for the game to be changed at this point. Even in the other countries all the solutions are Band-Aid-like, along the lines of "We just give you the hand-outs"/"you can buy the legendaries" instead of going through the game and changing it to become something that is playable on a 2 hours a day with expanded options that promote content outside of grinding and one-trick ponies. BnS is way too much an SP game with a grind-module added to it.

41 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I must be the only one who enjoys grinding like this. I must be the only one who actually loves the system where it forces to start alt from scratch. Only the FPS drops at SSP, random dcing and bot situation imo should be fixed.

There are other folks who do. And there is a sizable portion of the population that doesn't enjoy re-earning everything from scratch on an alt.

Archived