remove 1000kills mask

Shukran

TL;DR: these days SSP and open pvp in general is infested by hackers teleporters. everyone knows it. and i genuinely HOPE NCSoft knows too.

that mask that cover the name of player make it very problematic the report action of those players. we cannot see their names. is there any way to modify the item giving it some other "ability"?

i believe that support is not happy when u send ticket and the screenshot cointains a swarm of "unidentified cerulean/crimson player".

Yes,remove the hackers protection already,if its a bot -i want to report it .Give me the opportunity to do it and let me *cricket* play without being bothered by hackers all day.

This game started to be more annoying then fun.

26 minutes ago, Syanonn said:

That is assuming reporting did anything at all, nothing here on Yehara, same few speedhackers, meteorite/injured soldier everyday.

And when they get bored, grenade launcher people.

what is better 0% or 1% , 0% or 0,0000001%?

how does it feels to "ESC" in front of a speed hacker and looking his name, clicking on it and can't do nothing?

it DOES NOT solve the problem. but why not having a bit more chance to "help"?

My question is why would a bot need to wear, yet alone farm for the mask.

Just assume it's a person using speed hacks and not a bot because "Who will find out it's them"?.

Take a picture. Try to remember the class, what they look like and then you can see if it's a player or just a bot but my money is on them being an actual player.

4 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Bots and hackers arent getting banned anyway so removing the mask from legit players who busted their butts off to get it is completely unfair.

They just need to make button "report cheater" or smth like dat.

The proble is - bots/hackers banned after weeks, and they need only a few (2) days to build new character with complete story to cheating again :D

this is the main problem.

1 minute ago, Etherius said:

They just need to make button "report cheater" or smth like dat.

The proble is - bots/hackers banned after weeks, and they need only a few (2) days to build new character with complete story to cheating again :D

this is the main problem.

Basically the same option for any other character but minus the Character info and Party/Clan invite?

Just now, Saksoy said:

Only reason that mask exist is so you cant report hackers. So no report = no hackers. I cant see whats the advantage of the mask to a normal player.

Actually no. The mask is there to reduce the flaming during OWPVP between the factions, its there to protect the PVP ing players.

If its abused by bots and hackers....too bad but removing an item which a lot of players acquired legitimately is nonsense, its like asking to remove stealth from assasins because when perma stealthed no one sees the hackers and bots either.

your argument is completely out of place.

The publisher should remedy the issue that is there the way it should be done and not by removing items in game.

i just stated REWORK the effect of the mask

mask is a reward for killing in OWPVP. so the "meaning" fo the MASK is "he is stronk he killed so much wow"

because reasons posted in my op, i believe that legit players care MORE about the reward than the effect.

hence, i believe that if the effect of the mask would help solving our report issues about those hackers, giving always to legit player a reason to collect it and a reason/meaning to use it, we could improve as community/game.

a lot of suggestions were discussed on forum to help fighting bots and hackers, and in every single good idea there is a "faction" of players that whine about "that is breaking my game because *silly reasons*".

i dont know.. give mask keepers

- a "aura" ?

- a better aestetic than a simple mask ?

- a glitter effect on you name ?

BECAUSE the main problem here are:

- mask doesnt allow you to check player stats (not a priority problem, but still being beated by a 300ap summoner means something about hacking)

- mask doesnt reveal the name, which is the major problem, considering that SCREENSHOT and ticket is the main way of reporting.

- report bot function against some player playing the game may result in a fail report.

The actual reason why me and a lot of other players got the mask is because it hides the info.

This allows us to kill anyone without having to worry about being flamed by salty players who cant PVP and get killed.

That being said, dont call it "silly reasons" because i choose to defend a mechanic i enjoy in this game and that lets me fully enjoy OWPVP.

You asking to remove it is actually quite selfish since you obviously dont care about that community part which thinks otherwise and has different opinions, so you do not get to call "silly reasons" on obvious concerns.

6 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

The actual reason why me and a lot of other players got the mask is because it hides the info.

This allows us to kill anyone without having to worry about being flamed by salty players who cant PVP and get killed.

That being said, dont call it "silly reasons" because i choose to defend a mechanic i enjoy in this game and that lets me fully enjoy OWPVP.

You asking to remove it is actually quite selfish since you obviously dont care about that community part which thinks otherwise and has different opinions, so you do not get to call "silly reasons" on obvious concerns.

silly reason is 

- thinking that someone CARES about other player whining in internet game is important

- silly reason : someone asked to remove stats from non-core equips. "no because i use scorpio weapon, asura belt and yeti ring, now i have to farm to upgrade my legit equipment!!!!"

- whatever reason that involve the player to sit and wait expecting game to "heal itself because some magic algorithm written by some wizard will find out every single hacker and bot and ban them for eternity"

killing in pvp to hide your name? how come? 

players whine at you when dkilled in Ope World Player Vs Player enviroinment? it hurts you? so u killed more players to collect a item that hide you? i find some logic issues in your statement.

on Aion the more u killed the higher grade u were, so an entire server COULD see you in map!! that is a nice effect of something PVP worth. BEING feared, not being a *cricket*.

4 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Why can't it simply report the actual name of the player to the NC Soft when you use the report feature? The player can see the mask, fine, but surely, should not the NC Soft get the name????

if u were a dev, would u care more on a screenshot or video of someone hacking

or

look at report bot list, click on "ban account" and go back to sleep?

like, i report you and they click the ban key. is it nice? proved something? 

if u look carefully you can see a player reported in OWPVP, maybe someone got salty and reported because killed. . . 

I doubt anyone bans based on one report, but I have a feeling that the bots and hackers get reported multiple times. Frankly, if the actions of a player are such that another one is driven to reporting abuse, chances are the game is better off with that person banned. Normally, folks get to the point of 'salty' when the other player exhibits sociopathic tendencies and doesn't know when to stop.

Old topic, been done to death.  Yes it's effect should not hide players ident in areas where hacking/botting is a problem.  As NCWest does not have programmers and Team Bloodlust doesn't touch old code like ours, bots and cheats will remain a problem so the only solution is removing the concealment function which NCWest is considering (sry for ppl who like to hide behind them as they gang-gank other players and don't wanna hear about it from victims).  The fact remains that if you are killed by one you can hit P and it will eventually list anyone you had interactions with including the unnamed where you can report them for botting and hopefully after tomorrow for cheating as well.

1 hour ago, Shukran said:

silly reason is 

- thinking that someone CARES about other player whining in internet game is important

- silly reason : someone asked to remove stats from non-core equips. "no because i use scorpio weapon, asura belt and yeti ring, now i have to farm to upgrade my legit equipment!!!!"

- whatever reason that involve the player to sit and wait expecting game to "heal itself because some magic algorithm written by some wizard will find out every single hacker and bot and ban them for eternity"

killing in pvp to hide your name? how come? 

players whine at you when dkilled in Ope World Player Vs Player enviroinment? it hurts you? so u killed more players to collect a item that hide you? i find some logic issues in your statement.

on Aion the more u killed the higher grade u were, so an entire server COULD see you in map!! that is a nice effect of something PVP worth. BEING feared, not being a *cricket*.

You are just being ignorant right now.

Even if it hurts me, its involving me, and if a game presents an item which appeals to me and helps me i work to obtain it. Simple logic right? It may not bother you, but it can bother others so you should acknowledge that and not call it a silly reason.

And the reasons you listed arent actually silly reasons they are legit concerns. If players get better stats from the scorpio and asura equips because they cannot afford the upgrade is perfectly legit, it helps them, and again you are being ignorant.

If you really want to go that path how about: remove the ability of sins to be in stealth in PVP areas, because they can hack and you cant see them to report them. there you go, same reason as you stated for the mask it hides the player thus making him unable to be reported.

And as stated, this is a suggestion that was brought up, which i acknowledge, and i voice my contructive concerns on it, i am not being ignorant against what other players suggest or mention.

If the community here wouldnt be so salty and butthurt i would care about the mask, but sadly it is what it is.

well, the difference is:

i see that there is a valuable problem in game with bots, hackers and stuff.

i want to be kind so i think that the problem is difficult to get rid, even for developers.

hence i believe that they would need some help by comunity.

now i tell you, that i am with doing little sacrifices to fight a common problem.

scorpio weapon is giood? for who? the one who dont want to follow the game's path? for what 10ap more? being kicked by anyone who can use the character info page?

being ignorant is whining about the problem and do nothing about a solution but telling "i want my stuff only who cares the rest".

every single game i played have BALANCE patches. some game even rework something because rnew content break old stuff.

i gave a solution to the mask problem, i didnt just whine about "remove it whuwhuehuehuehu".

if u care about saltiness, dont go in internet

Well the problem I have here is that I always have the mask when in OW PVP, just so if someone ROFLSTOMPS while doing a quest, they don't see me as a weakling. I like the idea of having my identity protected, it's nice not having to worry about someone flaming me or talking crap on me. Plus I EARNED it!

I killed a thousand players for this mask, and I want that effect. 

However, I would love to be able to press ESC and view character info to get their name, so that the reporting would be more effective.

44 minutes ago, ARC-1276 said:

Well the problem I have here is that I always have the mask when in OW PVP, just so if someone ROFLSTOMPS while doing a quest, they don't see me as a weakling. I like the idea of having my identity protected, it's nice not having to worry about someone flaming me or talking crap on me. Plus I EARNED it!

I killed a thousand players for this mask, and I want that effect. 

However, I would love to be able to press ESC and view character info to get their name, so that the reporting would be more effective.

if they change the buff with something else, the "effect" of fear will remain. give your name a big glittering bolded name? a aura on character? whatever that gives you something but helps community to report those cancers

i dont know if you were there, but a couple of weeks ago, there was a TRAIN of bots farming terrors and players in misty woods. i did lot of screenshots.

tell me, should i collect single character infos and screen them instead of press ESC, reveal ALL names and screenshot together?

which method is easier?

i dont get why it is so difficult to do this kind od sacrifice for you all.  it is not a stupid question, it is a very bad issue.

bots

hackers

teleporters

not popcorn and drinks.

Archived