FM or WL?

Unicorns

I was just wondering which of them 2 has a higher dps output, ive only played BnS on versions where WL were not a thing, so i really have no idea, and im just looking to make a ranged alt with high dps, and since i hate summoners with passion, FM or WL?

1 minute ago, Luzzifer said:

I keep reading that FM is doing higher DPS but at least at low level ( WL and FM both level 10 now ) I kill stuff way faster with my WL. Does that change later on then ?

Don't compare things at low level.

End game wise, FM's are just machine guns.

FM & Sin are the top dps in other servers

but

it doesn't mean warlock sucks it does bring nice goodies to the party and trust me everyone wants a goodie bag when they go to a party lol

(No I do not play a warlock I dislike the class, but for other reasons BUT I would still always want one in my party!)

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/4/2016 at 8:34 PM, Ginki said:

after the nerf on Warlock that we already have it, FM

You do know that the "nerfed" version of WL doesn't nerf the damage it does. The nerf was in defensive abillities and heals , which only hinders it in PvP..

I got both FM and WL at 45 and both at Pirate weapon/accessories and I do dailies on both and farm BW on both too, FM will have easier time and more consistent damage output and I'm always getting brilliant BW chest on FM while with WL I'm not guarantee to get Brilliant chest Box. However, I love WL more because it's more fun play style than FM.

FM has a lot more DPS...

If your warlock is doing more DPS in lvl45 zone your just not playing the FM correctly... cuz even ice build with ice rain can outdps a warlock with only 2 buttons...

I find the FM a lot easier to play too,, cuz its just hold down LMB, tap RMB once in a while.. while Spaming "F" nonstop.. 

And poping your 4+2 skill every time its off cooldown or during a rotation... 

vs.. a WL where u need to keep hitting that second tier dragon call with instant cast or a skill to refresh dragon call to that instant cast one.  

its ur choice u can make high dps more than FM if u made ur skills right and know how to play its pointless asking ppl about something u didn't try cuz u may not like it so try both and see what suits u better

well u also have to factor we get a uber skill unlocked at 45 which is very spamable...

And that skill also gives a nice 10% dmg buff to fire skills which burning build is built around...

So its not really fair to compare the 2 classes until you hit 45..

This is under the assumption u didnt buy that 400g WL skill book... because being able to cast that dragon twice in a row is seriously OP.... and would probably give a FM a good run for its money on DPS...

However i think a good rotation FM still would outdps that without a required 400g book.  

Have WL/FM both at 45 w/pirate siren accessories...

FM tops warlock in almost every way possible. The only thing a FM doesn't offer is the party buff.

I'd take a FM over a WL in a party or simply take both. In short, the amount of damage a FM does compared to a WL isn't even close.

Have both at 45.

I feel like my True Profane can out damage my Warlock with the addition of standard burns that FM has.

As for Warlock, if you run Hongmoon Dragoncall, your burst potential is insane but it relies on Leech 4, 3 reset for a double instant-cast Dragoncall into Time Distortion (if you're alone or just being greedy af) into 6-10+ Dragoncalls (you can leave at the previously mentioned 3 reset to get in more Dragoncalls). The downside is that your DC resets are conditional (you need high crit for consistency) and your damage falls off the face of the Earth during your down time (when Leech is down). Dragon Helix is more consistent but no where near the damage output from RMB LMB 2 basic ani cancel of a FM. Toss in Inferno to reapply burn after a Dual Dragon and fire V (the meteor one I'm forgetting) and the occasional impact to det embers to keep 100% burn...that's a crap ton of damage compared to Warlock with no down time due to RL2 or RLF (whichever floats your boat) spam.

hells no... 

warlocks soul burn is very op... and has saved our group from the enrage timer many times due to noobs coming into bsh maps with sub 320 AP gear even.  

and yes you are a noob for coming into a bsh map with less then 320AP...  

You should know better...  or your just asking to be carried so you can get your bsh soul shields.  

Archived