Looks like Gameguard is back.

Nilkemios

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Justsomeone said:

hint: disable your macros stop cheating with it and the game will not crash

by "macro" you must mean the software that came with my mouse and keyboard and is fine with every other MMO on the market?  and was, in fact, designed for MMOs?

12 minutes ago, Dalaxies said:

by "macro" you must mean the software that came with my mouse and keyboard and is fine with every other MMO on the market?  and was, in fact, designed for MMOs?

yes that was i mean because it's cheating since you can ani cancel with it

2 minutes ago, Justsomeone said:

yes that was i mean because it's cheating since you can ani cancel with it

amazingly, I can also ani cancel by clicking my two mouse buttons in alternating rhythm, which doesn't even matter to the classes I play (FM, SUM, SIN) - more importantly, BnS isn't the only thing I have on my PC and I enjoy my multifunction mouse, I should certainly not have to uninstall software and lose that functionality to play this game.

FYI.. If you use AMD Gaming Evolved, you'll have to turn it off before you load BnS. I'm on Win 7. Logged out, came back to a small update. Tried to run BnS and it kept giving me a client error. Reinstalled, same problem. After a bit of messing around I removed AMD Gaming Evolved, and it launched with no issues... so far. Just thought I'd pass it along.

I do not have any macros!  I do not use any kind of gaming mouse or keyboard.  There is nothing unusual or uncommon with my setup. I do not multi box.  I do not use any kind of ip speed booster or anykind of program.  My game was running perfectly fine until this. But since this patch today, I keep getting game guard errors saying that GG can not run. 

After reading up on these specific 2 errors that I keep getting, they have nothing to do with any kind of pc setup.  They are due to glitches in GG itself.  Hence the fact that so many gaming companies have disabled GG.

edit to also add:  The lag is like crazy right now.  It isn't just me saying this.  We have a full clan / guild.  Every member- no matter where they are located, is experiencing lag.  I have done many tests.  It is not my pc or internet.  The lag is coming from the game servers.

Gamegaurd will do nothing, it is easily bypassed and can be completely disabled without affecting the launching of the BnS client.  The main reason why Publishers put things like gamegaurd is to make it seem like the game is hack resistant, its nothing more than makeup to cover the ugly truth.

No point in playing BnS in a legit manner. 

I'm just glad this happened today. I was going to use my paycheck tomorrow to load up on some outfits.  Man I would've been upset if I'd ended up supporting a company that invades my machine with questionable rootkits without even informing me, let alone getting my permission.

17 minutes ago, MickCasanova said:

FYI.. If you use AMD Gaming Evolved, you'll have to turn it off before you load BnS. I'm on Win 7. Logged out, came back to a small update. Tried to run BnS and it kept giving me a client error. Reinstalled, same problem. After a bit of messing around I removed AMD Gaming Evolved, and it launched with no issues... so far. Just thought I'd pass it along.

This also fixed it for me.

29 minutes ago, MickCasanova said:

Yep. Uninstalled Gaming Evolved and that allowed me to log in as well. Too bad you didn't post this and hour and a half ago while i googled through a bunch of old threads from other games regarding Gameguard. :p

1 hour ago, Dalaxies said:

amazingly, I can also ani cancel by clicking my two mouse buttons in alternating rhythm, which doesn't even matter to the classes I play (FM, SUM, SIN) - more importantly, BnS isn't the only thing I have on my PC and I enjoy my multifunction mouse, I should certainly not have to uninstall software and lose that functionality to play this game.

yes you can but not as fast as a macro, i hope you keep crashing im sick of macro users at pvp

1 hour ago, GreenDestiny said:

BnS runs perfectly fine with Gameguard unless you are:

A. Doing something you shouldn't be

B. Have something uncommon with your config (example - skill spam macros).

If B is your problem it is annoying but it also shouldn't be hard to track down the issue.

seriously players like you who think that GG does something usefull. GG is pure shit and it only hinders games performance and top of that it causes problems to players.

Anyone who wants to do something against rules they just bypass GG and wont complaing in here and then again playes who have problems with it most likely wont do anything wrong will complain in here. Im already having some issues with client and WTfast thought it might be unrelated to GG but still everything started after maintenance

Theres no point of having security if it does not benefit in anyway. Its useless and it should have never returned

1 hour ago, Justsomeone said:

yes you can but not as fast as a macro, i hope you keep crashing im sick of macro users at pvp

actually not crashing at all, but I could play perfectly smoothly at max settings during the period GG was removed, now I have to turn settings down and still get huge FPS drops at random times - similar to when GG was originally tied to the program, very annoying.

Interesting, GG is not back for me, 100% sure it's not running on background (cant see it on task manager).

But i wish i can see a NCSoft representative answer about why, is GG really necessary: 

It doesnt remove bots (there still a lot, even on Asian servers that have the most updated version of GG).

It doesnt stop cheaters (the ones teleporting etc)

It is enough to modify a .dll in the game folder to get totally rid of it (aka even my daughter 11 years old can disable GG easy)

It does actually slow down by a lot the game loading

It does actually make some specific (hopefully only few) systems setups crash over and over
It is compatibile with half of the software on the market, causing troubles on the other half

The only "cheaters/botters" GameGuard is able to keep out of the game are the very unexperienced or the very young (15-) people.

In my modest opinion, GG is more harm than benefits.

Having the same issues reported by many others.  Especially for crafting when switching characters, cant switch between 3 without a game crash.  Sometimes there is even an error window.

Similar asian import ArcheAge decided not to use gameguard...  Probably cuz soooo many people complained about it before even being implemented.

Archived