Looks like Gameguard is back.

Nilkemios

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, bug said:

I wonder if it's still as easily bypassable as it was a few weeks ago when all you had to do was place a single file in your game folder...

Considering there is still bots everywhere, I doubt they even updated it, so the old method on those bots would likely mean the people using it didn't even know nc had turned gameguard back on, the only thing gameguard seems to do is annoy the players, I have had a crash already from a process access error since it was turned back on.

That crap is generating a ton of problems. Lot of my friends can't even play. For me it hides the client in the taskbar, which means I can't set CPU count and priority, so the game runs like garbage. Is there any other way to set priority and CPU/threads  for this game? Parameters don't work either, because the game will just redownload the exe.

17 minutes ago, geistXIII said:

That crap is generating a ton of problems. Lot of my friends can't even play. For me it hides the client in the taskbar, which means I can't set CPU count and priority, so the game runs like garbage. Is there any other way to set priority and CPU/threads  for this game? Parameters don't work either, because the game will just redownload the exe.

There is programs that can do what you are asking, but gameguard doesn't like it, with RadeonPro set to adjust the process my game crashes as soon as the splash screen appears, with the option turned off, the client opens, so I can instead crash after I have wasted time putting in the 2-step and logging in.

Staff at ncsoft:

"Hey people are complaining about bots like crazy on the forums, we've already nerfed soulstones from terrors, should we nerf soulstones from zen beans too?"

"Nah just turn that hack block thingamajig back on."

"Gameguard? It doesn't do anything to stop botting. Didn't we turn it off because a lot of people were complaining?"

"Whatever, just turn it on."

28 minutes ago, masterlunatic said:

played game with no issue for 1 month, gameguard turns on, crashes like hell.

@Hime

exactly what happens to me!

its so anoying! how is this a solution to bots if people cant even play?

i cant go past character select

damm you ncsoft

My game was running great lately.  I was so glad that Game Guard was gone.  Now my game is running like crap again.  My clan mates are saying the same thing.

I was really excited for warlock.  Now I am thinking of just switching to a different game.  I am so sick of game guard.  So many game companies have disabled it or have gotten rid of it- due to problems and issues. Why did NCsoft re-enable it?

edit to add:  oh joy, not even 3 minutes in the game.  My game crashes.  My game has never crashed before. 

gameguard was never gone

the game's running a lot better for me than before tbh

still want it gone, it does absolutely nothing to prevent any bots or hackers, while just affecting legitimate players to different degrees and also putting our PC's at risk if the cooling or other hardware has processes required to run which gameguard shuts down (which is now happening with Kraken (NZXT) coolers)

I never had any issues when gameguard was active previously, but this time it kept crashing between entering my authenticator code and character selection. I was able to get the game to work again after disabling/closing all AMD and Razer software.

3 minutes ago, SnugglesFairie said:

I was really excited for warlock.  Now I am thinking of just switching to a different game.  I am so sick of game guard.  So many game companies have disabled it or have gotten rid of it- due to problems and issues. Why did NCsoft re-enable it?

I hope they turned it on by mistake, I have not been playing max level much due to the crit screen shake, but wanted to level a warlock to see if that was a bit easier on the eyes, I'll probably just not log in until next week now and if gameguard pops up when I go to make the warlock next week I will just uninstall after it inevitably crashes.

Now I keep getting game guard error messages. # 115 and another one.  Forgot to write down the first error code.  I can't log into my game.  I am seriously getting annoyed here.  I have so little time to game as it is. Having to deal with all these errors and glitches are really turning me away from a game that I have been wanting to enjoy for years.

Archived