Jump to content
Forums

Pulling Players off of Misty Wood's Watchtower OWPVP respawn...


Takoyaki

Recommended Posts

Honestly, I feel like this is one of those things that should be blocked in some way or another. I don't know if it's considered an exploit or what, but frankly it's like getting pulled into a pit of piranhas where 50 players from the opposing faction are just waiting below to kill you. You res? They yank you immediately. Sometimes even faster than you can switch to another channel. It would be nice if the respawn point could either be a safe zone or have the one shot kill npc's range is increased such that you cannot be yanked without the puller instantly being killed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

pressing 3 is not the option for this. The faction watch tower is designed to be a safe point for respawned faction players, hence the one -shot sentinels.

But with the exploitation, now enemy faction can pull players from there without being hit by the sentinel, so basically this is the fault of game design, not player's fault. 

Takoyaki may willing to PvP, but he needs time to adjust his skill set, then the enemy use that exploitation to pull him when he's not done, and get easy kill. That's an example.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Daymon said:

pressing 3 is not the option for this. The faction watch tower is designed to be a safe point for respawned faction players, hence the one -shot sentinels.

But with the exploitation, now enemy faction can pull players from there without being hit by the sentinel, so basically this is the fault of game design, not player's fault. 

Takoyaki may willing to PvP, but he needs time to adjust his skill set, then the enemy use that exploitation to pull him when he's not done, and get easy kill. That's an example.

Another example is grabbing someone who is AFK on the tower.  A lot of people go AFK after dying a few times and come back to try again later if switching channels did not work.  It is implied that the towers are safe, otherwise they would not have provided guards that hit for so much damage to 1 shot you.  If an AFK player is snatched off, they are then rezzed and killed over and over to clean up someones kill quest.  I've seen it done more times than I can count and it has been going on since launch.

 

My best suggestion to you is to file a ticket to support.  These forums will do nothing for you on this topic outside of frustrate you.  File a ticket and let NCSoft decide if they will allow or punish this type of behavior.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Vexe said:

How does this work? >_>

When you get close, the guards will tear you apart. I know because I wallwalked into the enemy tower.

I also unequipped my faction costume while on the tower a few times, lol...


    You need to get into a certain range to get hit by sentinel. However, if your character has a pulling skill, you can use it to pull player's off the tower without getting in range of the sentinel. 

    It's a terrible exploit nonetheless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

What the heck is the range of Phantom Grip? I spawned and immediately got pulled off the tower, then died, and lost 15 durability in the process. Losing 7% of my total durability is just very aggravating when I was simply minding my business.

 

Honestly, this is just as bad as the Ogong exploit. Is it bannable/punishable to exploit this loophole?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2016. 03. 09. at 1:51 AM, Shadovvv said:

Honestly, this is just as bad as the Ogong exploit. Is it bannable/punishable to exploit this loophole?

 

Yes, I would like to know this as well, because if it IS bannable, reports may be done about this. Can any mod reply please regarding this issue; is it an exploit, or intended?  @Hime ,@Babbletr0n ,  @Rukkirii , @Youmukon , @Lock6 ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its definetely an exploit. The tower design is normally out of reach and all the guards are 1 shot kills.

 

Sins are just exploiting this - and are aware of they are exploiting. And I don´t see this any less of an exploit than Ogong door. Should be bannable as well.

 

Yesterday I was ganged by 10 crimsons, then I ressed, and when my screen loaded, I was dead by a stealthed sin. I waited a bit, and I saw the same sin again jumping nearby to check if I ressed already again or not.

 

I outsmarted him, by using a ress charm, break his stealth and the guards finishing him off with 1 shot.

Somewhat satisfying ending to a flawed game design and exploiting players.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guards are not one-shot, victorion. They do roughly 10k~15k per shot. (No idea what the actual value is) So if 4-5 hit then you are likely dead.

And also it is NOT out of reach. Walk up the trees in misty woods (Each tower has 2 trees, right side of CO and left side of CL tower) to the very top and you can easily glide to the tower. I'd be surprised if windwalking, wallclimbing and gliding is now considered as an exploit. And the NPCs also work as intended. I mean you COULD give them true vision to fend off assassins but that won't stop the GT BDs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Dosatron said:

Guards are not one-shot, victorion. They do roughly 10k~15k per shot. (No idea what the actual value is) So if 4-5 hit then you are likely dead.

And also it is NOT out of reach. Walk up the trees in misty woods (Each tower has 2 trees, right side of CO and left side of CL tower) to the very top and you can easily glide to the tower. I'd be surprised if windwalking, wallclimbing and gliding is now considered as an exploit. And the NPCs also work as intended. I mean you COULD give them true vision to fend off assassins but that won't stop the GT BDs.

 

I once unequipped my faction dobok on the tower - Full hp (47K) - insta-death. Ofcourse there is a chance that all guards hit me at the same time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Victorion said:

 

I once unequipped my faction dobok on the tower - Full hp (47K) - insta-death. Ofcourse there is a chance that all guards hit me at the same time.

That is what I mean. Unless at least 4-5 guards hit you at the same time you won't die. That is for certain. And the max people that hit me when I did my crimson delivery was 3 guards. Meaning I (As a BD) am able to survive 2 salves and the third one kills me. (GT ftw)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Dosatron said:

That is what I mean. Unless at least 4-5 guards hit you at the same time you won't die. That is for certain. And the max people that hit me when I did my crimson delivery was 3 guards. Meaning I (As a BD) am able to survive 2 salves and the third one kills me. (GT ftw)

 

It´s still irrelevant. By design its obvious too see that ress-zone is designed as a safezone - and that you should not exploit free kills in a superhigh plateau surrounded by guards that is normally unreachable. It´s an exploit - no better than backstepping through dungeon doors.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Victorion said:

 

It´s still irrelevant. By design its obvious too see that ress-zone is designed as a safezone - and that you should not exploit free kills in a superhigh plateau surrounded by guards that is normally unreachable. It´s an exploit - no better than backstepping through dungeon doors.

I have proven to you that it is not unreachable. You just need to use wallwalk and glide, something that the game gives you to use.

If you do not want to use it then that is your problem but getting up there and using iFrame moves (Like GT) to then grab an opponent is not an exploit because of that.

The guards work exactly as intended, they have their range and their damage. The environment also works as intended. There is no exploit there. It's a simple tactic. And why don't you use 3 instead of 4? That way you are safe from getting grabbed. You may need to walk a bit but at least you won't die.

And SSing through doors is an exploit because the doors didn't work as intended. Keeping you out until you kill a certain mob or fulfill another criteria or whatever is what they were intended for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Dosatron said:

I have proven to you that it is not unreachable. You just need to use wallwalk and glide, something that the game gives you to use.

If you do not want to use it then that is your problem but getting up there and using iFrame moves (Like GT) to then grab an opponent is not an exploit because of that.

The guards work exactly as intended, they have their range and their damage. The environment also works as intended. There is no exploit there. It's a simple tactic. And why don't you use 3 instead of 4? That way you are safe from getting grabbed. You may need to walk a bit but at least you won't die.

And SSing through doors is an exploit because the doors didn't work as intended. Keeping you out until you kill a certain mob or fulfill another criteria or whatever is what they were intended for.

 

Oh save the BS for someone more naive. The excact same logic could be used in defence of Ogong door exploit, where tons of people have been banned.

"Oh, I just used the backstep mechanics which the game offers. not an exploit at all - the backstep technique works excactly as intended - moves you back from danger - and those mobs are dangerous!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Victorion said:

 

Oh save the BS for someone more naive. The excact same logic could be used in defence of Ogong door exploit, where tons of people have been banned.

"Oh, I just used the backstep mechanics which the game offers. not an exploit at all - the backstep technique works excactly as intended - moves you back from danger - and those mobs are dangerous!"

SS wasn't the exploit. It was the door. The door didn't work as intended, it didn't fully keep you out as it should. That is the exploit.

But I believe you knew what I mean. At least I don't think you are stupid enough to misunderstand the context. I mean after all I even wrote "because the doors didn't work as intended"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/26/2016 at 4:32 PM, Daymon said:

****

    It's a terrible exploit nonetheless.


Thanks for telling me about this. :3

Seriously, you should edit this. Nothing helps an exploit like teaching others about it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Dosatron said:

SS wasn't the exploit. It was the door. The door didn't work as intended, it didn't fully keep you out as it should. That is the exploit.

But I believe you knew what I mean. At least I don't think you are stupid enough to misunderstand the context. I mean after all I even wrote "because the doors didn't work as intended"

 

Isn´t it the same scenario for the ress-zone?

 

It´s raised high above the ground, surrounded by guards on all sides that by combined effort, kills you in less than a second. Still doesn´t worth as designed when players find a way to get around it?

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Victorion said:

 

Isn´t it the same scenario for the ress-zone?

 

It´s raised high above the ground, surrounded by guards on all sides that by combined effort, kills you in less than a second. Still doesn´t worth as designed when players find a way to get around it?

 

 

Because it's open terrain. The door in Ogong was supposed to close off the terrain, making it an exploit because it is 100% certain that it is not intended to work that way.

The towers however are open terrain, you can go down and if you can go down you can also go up. You just need to find a way. And the 2 trees at the sides of the towers are that way. If it was truly intended to never be able to get up there then wouldn't it be normal to not have such trees or an invisible wall? The wall doesn't exist and the 2 trees are on each side, indicating it is on purpose.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Dosatron said:

Because it's open terrain. The door in Ogong was supposed to close off the terrain, making it an exploit because it is 100% certain that it is not intended to work that way.

The towers however are open terrain, you can go down and if you can go down you can also go up. You just need to find a way. And the 2 trees at the sides of the towers are that way. If it was truly intended to never be able to get up there then wouldn't it be normal to not have such trees or an invisible wall? The wall doesn't exist and the 2 trees are on each side, indicating it is on purpose.

 

Dunno why you try to hard to defend something that so obviously by design is not supposed to be reachable.

 

if there were walls, you wouldn´t be able to get off either.

 

Its badly designed, and people are exploiting it. Same as Ogong door.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Victorion said:

 

Dunno why you try to hard to defend something that so obviously by design is not supposed to be reachable.

 

if there were walls, you wouldn´t be able to get off either.

 

Its badly designed, and people are exploiting it. Same as Ogong door.

Ogong door isn't a bad design. Ogong door was an actual bug. Something that is not meant to exist. Else there wouldn't be a door.

The 2 trees are on each side of the towers. And they are also pretty close to the towers. Logic would say "Intended".

Or are you saying that the game-dev team doesn't know what they are actually doing when making such a game?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/3/2016 at 6:29 AM, Dosatron said:

Ogong door isn't a bad design. Ogong door was an actual bug. Something that is not meant to exist. Else there wouldn't be a door.

The 2 trees are on each side of the towers. And they are also pretty close to the towers. Logic would say "Intended".

Or are you saying that the game-dev team doesn't know what they are actually doing when making such a game?

 

To be honest I am getting bored with this conversation.

 

Going by your logic, you might as well spawn right outside the faction tent instead - since its reachable too and there´s plenty of hostile NPC around it too. While players are forced to unequip their faction uniforms while ressing or die during loadscreen.

 

Sure you could ress without your uniform - but its inconvencience because you need to heal up after the soulshield gets equipped and the ress location will be farther away.

 

Bottomline, the Tower isn´t meant to be reachable - its a design flaw.

Proof of this, is that not all classes can reach it. You need to jump -> float close as you can, and then target a player while using a burst skill. And not all players have that kind of distance-skill which is active while you´re in a jump.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Victorion said:

 

To be honest I am getting bored with this conversation.

 

Going by your logic, you might as well spawn right outside the faction tent instead - since its reachable too and there´s plenty of hostile NPC around it too. While players are forced to unequip their faction uniforms while ressing or die during loadscreen.

 

Sure you could ress without your uniform - but its inconvencience because you need to heal up after the soulshield gets equipped and the ress location will be farther away.

 

Bottomline, the Tower isn´t meant to be reachable - its a design flaw.

Proof of this, is that not all classes can reach it. You need to jump -> float close as you can, and then target a player while using a burst skill. And not all players have that kind of distance-skill which is active while you´re in a jump.

 

Every class can reach it. It's just that not every class can survive.

A BM can reach it, so can FM, WL, BD, Destro and whatever else. You name the class and I can tell you with 100% certainty that said class can reach the tower. All you need is wallwalk and glide, which every single player in the game has.

Why do you say it isn't mean to? Are you the developer? Are you NCSoft? Do you talk for NCSoft? COnsidering everything I am pretty damn sure that getting up there is indeed intended. It might have not been intended to be used in a way of pulling enemy players down, yeah, that may very well be the case. But then again: The developer can create an entire game. Do you really think they would overlook something this blatantly obvious? If they truly meant to make it unreachable, they would have put up an invisible wall in mid-air. Or they would have given those guards iFrame penetrating attacks.

But they didn't. This also indicates that it is, in fact, intended.

 

And your first part doesn't even make any sense, care to explain just HOW you got that idea? I'm really interested in that nonsense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess should be matter of decency and fair play-in some other games this would be called corpse camping and banable .

What about the players that are taking over a base dressed up ''civil''? If this its about faction pvp and such -the players that are not wearing uniform should not been able to attack the oposite faction's base as ''civils'' : not giving the opposite faction players the ''right '' to defend their base. I find this a cheap play-if you are ''civil '' go outta war zone and let others play .If you attack as civil ,getting rid of the mobs that you can kill in the others base ,you should have the decency to wear your faction uniform .Otherwise : i promise i'll hunt your ass down once i see you wearing the outfit .:D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...