@people saying they never played world of warcraft

Koter

1 hour ago, Enamour said:

There are no such things as absolutes in life, therefore it is theoretically (and practically) impossible for every player in this game to have played World of Warcraft.

Me personally, the game was subscription based and I was into another game at the time. I have considered trying it but after friends told me I needed other people to play with on top of the free cap being level 20 (and I think the cap at the time was 80? I'm not sure), I opted to pass on it.

lol is your name Obi Wan Kunobi by chance? :p

Lol, please.

I had dial up until I was 19. 

When I visited my dad and saw my brother playing guild wars, I thought mmos looked like the most boring crap ever.

My first real introduction to WoW was South Park.

The very first MMO I played was Mabinogi, and because it played so differently than any other MMO out there, I unintentionally ruined most other MMOs for myself. I didnt understand how someone could play a game where you jsut stood there clicking a single skill.

Im way too shallow of a gamer to have bothered to play WoW.  Everyone and everything looks ugly.

I played it when it came out and then quit it, because City of Heroes still had the better character creator.  Then went back during BC because, hey, it looked good, but the lack of a character creator and everyone fighting over the same look was meh, so back to City of Heroes (also superheroes are just better, but I don't mind the sword and sorcery).  Tried it again when they FINALLY allowed costumes to be changed to look different, but then I couldn't be a Death Knight without a level 50 (or was it 60) and there was almost no one to run with at level 1 :p

Now, I have been asked by a family member to try WoW again, buuuut, BLADE AND SOUL!  I've been waiting since it was just an announced with pretty artwork :p

My first MMO was in 2008-09, I forget, and I started playing PWI. And that only happened because I was reading ALOT of manga at the time and there was ad for it. I didn't play WoW because I thought paying for a sub wasn't worth it. I still have yet to try it. I might still one day but I keep hearing how it's not like it use to be. I will admit that other people opinions have driven me away from trying it. >_<

3 minutes ago, Takeva said:

My first MMO was in 2008-09, I forget, and I started playing PWI. And that only happened because I was reading ALOT of manga at the time and there was ad for it. I didn't play WoW because I thought paying for a sub wasn't worth it. I still have yet to try it. I might still one day but I keep hearing how it's not like it use to be. I will admit that other people opinions have driven me away from trying it. >_<

When people complain about it's look, that's always going to be subjective.  Yes, it's a more cartoon look, but really, it's not that bad.  It's much more far reaching in the appealing category than TSW for instance, which tries to be more realistic.

Most MMOs are all about hitting the least amount of keys possible, but WoW does not have a hit one key and only one key playstyle (Champions Online can though :p  and it can be quite boring).

It's real lackluster aspect is it's lack of a character creator on the level of BnS, Aion, CoH, CO and others.  You really just pick a face, hairstyle/color and skin color.  At least now you can make items look like other items.

1999~2001: Neopets

2001~2003: Runescape

2003~2005: Priston Tale

2005~2007: Maplestory

2007~2008: Ragnarok

2009~2010: Grand Fantasia

2011~2012: Eden Eternal

2012~2015: (Educational life got in the way and got my degree. Yeah, poor me.)

Now: Blade and Souls

Soon: Black Desert Online

Yeah, never played WoW in my life.

When I was a kid, I couldn't try it out simply because I couldn't afford monthly subscriptions.

Now, I'd rather just spend my time playing games that me and the missus would rather enjoy playing together, and WoW does not appeal to either of us.

I played WoW on a private server for a couple of days, just to realize that  the armor stats on gear was not working , along with almost everything else. I lost interest and migrated to Lineage 2 private servers then Official. 

I think we can agree that I never actually played World  of Warcraft. 

2 hours ago, Koter said:

lol stop lying. I know it's like the cool thing to say you never played WoW but the truth of the matter is everyone has played WoW one time or another. Even if it was for a few minutes. So pls stop it alrdy.

Ive never ever played that stupid game, f2p for life. Even though I bought master pack here, I would never ever in my life do a subscription base game, its dumb. And when I thought about playing that stupid game, I got told about the gold spammers (that was in 2005), and quite frankly it horrified me, and pissed me off so I never EVER played World of Warcraft. 

The only players of those now are people way to deep, lol like the rng monger of this game "well, ive already spent 50$ might aswell buy a few more". Or uneducated people, as in people who fail to grasp the idea that other games have been made with better mechanics. I.E. Mabinogi... and the most recent one, Blade and Souls.

If you dont know Mabinogi then we have nothing further to discuss.

Oh yeah, ive litery played clsoe to hundreds of MMOs now, some 5 mins some days, not really alot of months long lol.

2 hours ago, Koter said:

lol stop lying. I know it's like the cool thing to say you never played WoW but the truth of the matter is everyone has played WoW one time or another. Even if it was for a few minutes. So pls stop it alrdy.

That's bullshit, I never played wow and could care less about it, why would I lie about something that actually I didn't do it.

Also what's the point of this topic?

Actually, back when WoW was the biggest mmo and everyone talk about it (like league of legends is now) there was also Lineage 2 and i can tell you one thing.

If you played Lineage 2 , there was a big chance you didn't play WoW and actually hate the game for the community it bring and all the trolls.

Every L2 website, forum, video had to have that one guy saying "wow clone" (even if l2 got released before wow)

Lineage 2 had everything i wanted compared to WoW. I feel like wow was just a childish game, a troll haven .

Also, anyone born after 2000 didn't catch the wow hype train. They all started with lol or dota 2 and never looked in wow direction.

• Liinxy locked this topic

Archived