Costume: "Transcendence" is now "Surpass"

Sanjhiyan

It's just a costume name. I mean it does not sound as nice as transcendence but well, how often do you actually look at the costume names?

Seems a pointless change, but on the other hand does not really seem like it's something worth being bothered by.

I guess...some must have something to complain about or their day has not even begun.

Though, I answered a silly topic such as this so I suppose it does not make me much better.

I'll admit, I like reading the whiney posts for a good laugh about how entitled and childish we sound.

If the costume was somehow tied to the lore of the game by name or flavour text or pattern, then this would be a fairly valid complaint.

But Blade & Soul pretty much has no lore so...

Still, it's kinda hilarious looking at NCSoft Defense Force getting so riled up in here.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe the reason for this change is intentional. The outfit itself is one of the best in the game. And those who joined Blade and Soul long after the game's launch will have missed out on it because of time. Or if you're like me, you didn't have $120 to throw at the game's founder's pack. But those who did have $120, will feel cheated if their exclusive outfit becomes widely available, yes?

Solution; Release a differently named outfit. Transcendence will retain its own name to signify the players who supported the game's release, and set those individuals apart. Surpass will be the common-folks' version of the outfit.

Thoughts?

7 minutes ago, Lutaria said:

I believe the reason for this change is intentional. The outfit itself is one of the best in the game. And those who joined Blade and Soul long after the game's launch will have missed out on it because of time. Or if you're like me, you didn't have $120 to throw at the game's founder's pack. But those who did have $120, will feel cheated if their exclusive outfit becomes widely available, yes?

Solution; Release a differently named outfit. Transcendence will retain its own name to signify the players who supported the game's release, and set those individuals apart. Surpass will be the common-folks' version of the outfit.

Thoughts?

That'd still be a big slap in the face to any master pack owners.

If they released it under a different name... the truth is, it'd still just be the exact same costume, without inspecting the person there'd be no way to tell the difference.

They would have to change the appearance of the new one in some way to make it different, which might be an insult to the artist who designed the original.

It's not a big slap in the face, They got access to the game 3 days prior to other players, they a lot of perks, extra character slots, NCoin, Premium Points, Hold on Names, Style Coupons, and the Wild West Costume. They chose to buy the founders pack and should be aware of what changes could possibly come.

I didnt notice the change and its not significant but is slightly annoying

As far as the exclusive outfit goes

Ive said the same thing for this game as any other

If they rerelease the transcendence for all players i will be entirely fine with it

44 minutes ago, Xenokal said:

It's not a big slap in the face, They got access to the game 3 days prior to other players, they a lot of perks, extra character slots, NCoin, Premium Points, Hold on Names, Style Coupons, and the Wild West Costume. They chose to buy the founders pack and should be aware of what changes could possibly come.

Yeah, all of the perks with master pack are nice, but one of the perks which you conveniently forgot to list there, is the transcendence costume.
Some people might have bought the pack specifically for that costume.

"should be aware of what changes could possibly come"
It was stated on the page for buying the founders packs, that the costumes coming with the master pack were exclusive and would never be released in a different way.
It was made pretty clear that there is no possible changes to come, in the case of the exclusivity of the master pack costumes.

You really wanted that costume? so did some others who shelled out $125 for it.

How would you feel if you wanted that costume bad enough to have bought the master pack just for it, with the promise it was exclusive and that was the only way to get it, just to have it released for everyone for some regular price like $15 worth of ncoins some short time later.

You would feel scammed.

1 hour ago, Xenokal said:

As someone who purchased the founder's pack for the exclusive costumes, I would definitely consider it a slap in the face.  Furthermore, it was advertised as an EXCLUSIVE costume.  If they changed it, it would be bait and switch for those of us who shelled out the $125 + tax.

Now if they'd just get on the ball and restore the other exclusive items we purchased in the founder pack - the missing titles.

Eh, I wouldn't care tbh, the costume dosn't look good imo. The High Noon costume was also lame as well. Yes I know it was an homage to our country's culture but let's be serious... A Cowboy with a dagger? With a Battle Axe? Shooting Magic? No Gunsinger class? Soha has a gun...  Anywho It's just me. and personally I wouldn't care. But yea it's probably like a name bug or something.

13 hours ago, Lutaria said:

I believe the reason for this change is intentional. The outfit itself is one of the best in the game. And those who joined Blade and Soul long after the game's launch will have missed out on it because of time. Or if you're like me, you didn't have $120 to throw at the game's founder's pack. But those who did have $120, will feel cheated if their exclusive outfit becomes widely available, yes?Thoughts?

There was a big topic about releasing master founder's pack costumes for all players sometime ago.  A lot of master founders were understandably pretty against the idea, some even going as far as saying it would be a breach of contracted obligations or something.

Personally, I'm fine with it; as a master founder myself, I'm okay with the exclusive costumes being released eventually to the public.  It's only fair, tbh, because sometimes, players have legit reasons why they were unable to obtain the master founder's pack.  However, master founders are supposed to have exclusive costumes, so as long as master founders are given a new exclusive costume, everything's fine.  So the way I think it should work is master founders get annual exclusivity to higher tier, new costumes that nobody else can have ( yet ), then after a year, the costume goes public and master founders get another two exclusive costumes.

Brilliant.

On 2/24/2016 at 1:49 AM, Meerkat said:

There was a big topic about release master founder's pack costumes for all players sometime ago.  A lot of master founders were understandably pretty against the idea, some even going as far as saying it would be a breach of contracted obligations or something.

Personally, I'm fine with it.  In fact, as a master founder myself, I'm okay with the exclusive costumes being released eventually to the public.  It's only fair, tbh, because sometimes, players have legit reasons why they were unable to obtain the master founder's pack.  However, master founders are supposed to have exclusive costumes, so as long as master founders are given a new exclusive costume, everything's fine.  So the way I think it should work is master founders get annual exclusivity to higher tier, new costumes that nobody else can have ( yet ), then after a year, the costume goes public and master founders get another two exclusive costumes.

Brilliant.

I go a step farther and say in the end its a petty complaint for something that does no real harm to the founders

If they gave everyone every founders benefit for free there might be an issue but just a costume isnt bad

58 minutes ago, Meerkat said:

There was a big topic about release master founder's pack costumes for all players sometime ago.  A lot of master founders were understandably pretty against the idea, some even going as far as saying it would be a breach of contracted obligations or something.

Personally, I'm fine with it.  In fact, as a master founder myself, I'm okay with the exclusive costumes being released eventually to the public.  It's only fair, tbh, because sometimes, players have legit reasons why they were unable to obtain the master founder's pack.  However, master founders are supposed to have exclusive costumes, so as long as master founders are given a new exclusive costume, everything's fine.  So the way I think it should work is master founders get annual exclusivity to higher tier, new costumes that nobody else can have ( yet ), then after a year, the costume goes public and master founders get another two exclusive costumes.

Brilliant.

I just wanna say I love this idea! I wish the master exclusive costumes had been done this way.

It would keep everyone happy I think.

7 hours ago, Hime said:

It looks to be a text error if it is the actually the Transcendence costume. We will double check.

Really? here you give a statement, about a costume?

wow this is super important, its not like there are 100 more important threads about the *cricket*ing lag in Arena, about the *cricket*ing bots etc etc. but guess what, no answer at all there....

just keep the good work devs, just keep answering to topics that are soooooooooooooooo relevant...

45 minutes ago, Raijaa said:

Really? here you give a statement, about a costume?

wow this is super important, its not like there are 100 more important threads about the *cricket*ing lag in Arena, about the *cricket*ing bots etc etc. but guess what, no answer at all there....

just keep the good work devs, just keep answering to topics that are soooooooooooooooo relevant...

They did give a statement about the lag saying that they have no idea what is causing it, and cannot fix it until they figure it out, all the devs for the game etc are Korean and do not have any direct influence over the infrastructure of the servers here, NCsoft probably goes to the local zoo to find people to work on their servers, anyone that still cannot find network bottlenecks within their own server locations after 5years (aion and l2 suffered from similar problems for years) clearly has no idea what they are doing.

29 minutes ago, LordMarshal said:

If they release it, they will probably change the red parts to blue, then the red outfit will still be exclusive.

Id be fine with a recolour, but just changing the outfit name but using the exact same everything else after saying it was an exclusive would just be bad business (they would have been better off just not putting that they were exclusive in the pack if they wanted to sell them after)

6 hours ago, Yancha said:

I go a step farther and say in the end its a petty complaint for something that does no real harm to the founders

If they gave everyone every founders benefit for free there might be an issue but just a costume isnt bad

Nah, master founders paid big on an off shot.  I'm not talking hail Mary big, but given that mmopergers almost always underperform, that's a lot of money to plunk down with no guarantee on return.  We chose to invest; it's in ways similar to venture capitalism.  Some players paid for that exclusivity, and they therefore have a right to exclusivity, so they are definitely "harmed" in not having that exclusivity.  I'm just saying if exclusivity is the primary criteria, as long as master founders always have something ( really good ) as exclusive, then everything is fine.

Are you a master founder?  Because if not, then you don't really get a voice telling master founders how they should feel.

On 2/24/2016 at 8:44 AM, Meerkat said:

Nah, master founders paid big on an off shot.  I'm not talking hail Mary big, but given that mmopergers almost always underperform, that's a lot of money to plunk down with no guarantee on return.  We chose to invest; it's in ways similar to venture capitalism.  Some players paid for that exclusivity, and they therefore have a right to exclusivity, so they are definitely "harmed" in not having that exclusivity.  I'm just saying if exclusivity is the primary criteria, as long as master founders always have something ( really good ) as exclusive, then everything is fine.

Are you a master founder?  Because if not, then you don't really get a voice telling master founders how they should feel.

I am a Masters founder and i disagree with non masters not having any say in it

Im not saying it should or shouldnt be done either

Im just saying if it were something that happened it wouldnt be a very big deal

• NCSOFT

Thank you for your report!

After verifying in-game, the costume's name has not been changed from Transcendence so this may be a user side error. Please submit a report to Customer Support and they will be able to look into the issue for you. https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us 

Also be sure that your client is updating with every patch as this may be an old build.

[Moved - Bug Report]

Archived