Why im gonna switch to BlackDesertOnline!

AfroSamuraiGoneWrong

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Nozy said:

honestly, i play games for the aesthetic and customization options. BnS does a great job with that, but like you said, the experience is so-so. BDO just looks like it'll have EVERYTHING i look for in a game...

ok, id like to make an addendum here. 

I REALLY like BnS and havent really heard much about how BDO will be for na/eu and can only assume it'll be to my liking because, like i said i love customization...

plus i hear theres cat breeding?? 

Can we get a forum mod that bans these types of childish threads that wants to advertise BDO or other games? Please STFU about BDO this is blade and soul forum where players shared their experience in BnS not a place where you advertise a new game because you want to play it and theres noone playing it. Clearly OP is trying to pull people into playing BDO by saying how bad BnS is "why i quit" and gas up BDO "unlike BnS, BDO is better in blah blah blah." If you're quitting, then quit. Don't like BnS, noone cares! 

4 hours ago, AfroSamuraiGoneWrong said:

dont get me wrong i like this combatsystem and i like the 1v1 arena because it is balanced no matter what gear.

BUT

1. -pve is boring, every day the same dailies until cap, the same dungeons that are easy btw... nothing clan/team related basically ( im not considering the 24 man "dungeon" ) something worth mentioning.
  2. -open pvp is basically p2w, gold = better gear "upgrades" = higher damage, there is people buying gold from illegitimate sources, and i heard soon we get the currency exchange (so people will be able to buy gold with ncoins i guess?) but this is just speculating and my opinion
  3. -tag team isnt balanced like 1v1, at least i heard that, also because of summoner and the community itself i dont feel like playing it.
  4. -feedback from surveys doesnt seem to be taken serious, summoner got buffed even tho people were complaining. (i personally dont care, im just showing how they dont listen)
  5. -europe maintenance is a joke, and ncsoft doesnt even seem to care, its like someone is telling me to F*** off.

normally grinding monsters would mean = GOLD or at least useful items, not in this case, everything is worth 1-20 coppers , which is like a fart in the wind, and nothing useful drops that i could use directly for upgrading basically, crafting was good at start, now it is just total waste of time, the good stuff drops through these secret recipes that drop rarely in dungeons and u get outbid on it anyways. most stuff costs more to produce than it sells for.

i really hope that this game will be good someday, and improves and they actually listen to their customers/playerbase.

my friends already got tired of it, so am i getting tired of it. feels like getting burnout.

and i already heard enough of people complaining about the same on my server.

just the 1v1 arena isnt enough to keep me in the game.

rip-clipart-rip-gravestone-md.png

1: You realize is no end game pve in black desert right? like none, zero, nadda no raids, no dungeon nothing what so ever!

2: Actually i agree 100% here auction system is utter bull a need/greed system is needed

3: People *cricket* about summoner because they dont bother to learn how to fight them, i watch a Korean pvper and he beats them like 90% of the time... its all about tactics and knowing how to approach an enemy, it really is a " get gud " situation...

4: The buffs are based on HIGH level pvp, absolute highest level of player NOT you... sorry you struggle vs summoners but in high end pvp, summoner is not unbeatable look stuff up, check tactics they are beatable...

your only legit gripe is #2... and usually not an issue unless you run with trolls. 

2 hours ago, LuckyAbrams said:

Yes it does. It may be a grind, but not as grindy as Black Desert and offers more options. Work on your gear, farm some mats, yes do dailies, it is the smart thing to do in any game. Especially this one where gold is of such a high value. There are a vast array of dungeons, challenge yourself on Mushin Tower, beat all the floors. 24 man raids. Remember, we're still behind 2 classes, a whole other zone, and if you keep track of the Korean Developer's announcement, you'd know we're getting more story this year, more dungeons, more raids, and a possible 10th class at the end. The PVP in this game is great because it's so well rounded and almost truly balanced thanks to a fluid talent system that allows for adaptability to almost any opponent and situation. The clear gear progression path. You may not like all this, but this is traditional of most mmo's. Blade and Soul isn't the only game to do dailies. To offer gold and material farming along with gear. Those are the rewards from endgame. Those are the results of the work you put in.

I'm not seeking to simplify a game to get a point across for the "lawls". When I said that Black Desert barely has any endgame, than I guess I should have further stated that I meant it in the traditional sense. Black Desert is an open world sandbox game. It's meant to be a fully immersive world where you don't have to stick to the same script as other mmo's. You can explore a large and beautiful world and attempt to do almost anything. It allows crafting, housing, trading, cooking, fishing, whale hunting, sailing, a limited number of world bosses (I believe it was 3 or 4?), and economy mechanics. But outside of that, the game falls short a bit.

I really really hope the game evolves some. I really do.

Well, so far i read BDO offer, except dungeon, the same kind of "end game" Craft ( and the craft is quite enjoyable in that game. Note that 98% of the time i hate craft in games )/ dailies / world boss /  buisiness between town with the convoy system & so on.

+ gvg / node war .. for pvp.

Also, BnS new lvl 50 zones, i mean, seeing how the game is, its just a skin, but it doesnt bring new gameplay  so linear little map  and then dailies once quest finished.

Sure BnS short dungeon are very cool and i really like that, but once you know them, well no interest to run them 532464 time, exactly like mushin

You keep run all that because mandatory farm because gear. ( easy way for devs to keep players busy without making real content )

Accept it or not, but that game is, pass lvl 45, all about gear treadmill. ( so super farm and grind )

+ HM level super grindy too. + As i said somewhere else HM level will bring stat boost, so they are quite mandatory -> So grind. ( and it goes to lvl20hm )

I mean may say BDO is super grindy. But WTH, did you even removed your blinkers to see that BnS is exactly the same if not worse because gear & HM level ?

( ppl dont look to be able to face it, because its a non stop, and progressive farm, unlike "classic" mmo where you only farm your gear at max lvl )

What is the traditionnal sense of "end game" for you ?

Because, if you really look at BnS, there isnt any "end game" either, well yeah farm and do dungeons / dailies XXXXX times till you get bored of it  or got the mat / gear you need.

BnS is sure the best mmo outside for 1v1 ( apart real fighting games ) there is no doubt about that. The gameplay is sure awesome, but its not perfect either.

As for BDO, well same thing, its a different gameplay, it sure look less tactic than BnS, but that doesnt mean less interesting either.

And its, as i said numerous time, a very young mmo.

+ ppl are only focused on Kr BDO, and Asian mmo market, so player have a VERY different need and taste ( all asian mmo are P2W and grindfest ), Only bashing BDO because kr is p2w or grind. Its really beeing in bad faith, or blinded BnS fan boy.

Not saying that without proper english translation you dont get many mecanic, nor story.

If you speak about class, well, for BnS imho they ran out of idea when you see the Qi master that is just a KFM + FM ( like same skills, same visual effect... so lazy )

@Xogi

BDO failed in Asia so it will fail here too ?

Are you new to the mmo scene ?

Dont you know that Asian market players clearly dont have the same exceptation as the west market ? ( and a very different "culture" about money, which explain why they love p2w ) + Asian mmo market is litteraly flooded with mmo.

Unlike our market, where unlike WoW - CrapWars2 ( guildwars2 ) - FFXIV - swotor - wildstar - Now BnS, you dont have any real good mmo aviable ( i dont consider shitty old asian mmo finaly ported to our market ). And especialy, we dont have mmo that finaly give a fresh air compare to all thoses wow clone except BnS & BDO.

So maybe BDO will "fail", like all mmo that's a possibilities, but also, maybe BnS will also fail because its also not a very classic open world mmo, but only a tiny themepark with horrific buisiness model.

Also, MANY MANY ppl started to bash BDO because

1- they annonced free owpvp

2- all pvp - ganker addict thought that would be the messiah

3- Its finaly not the messiah

4- hardcore pvp ganker loved minority community was disapointed and was VERY vocal.

Do that mean its a bad mmo and that BnS is better, certainly not.

To End that, i'am not saying one is better than another, its different game for quite many things. But, stop be blind and bash BDO for things to also have in BnS.. /facepalm.

If people gets to cap lvl and get all the gear easily... they complain about having nothing to do...

IF people gets to cap lvl and have to farm dailies for hard worked gear.. They complain that there is too much to do..

wtf people?

All ive seen from youtube reviews and such is that BDO is only eye candy...  in everything else the game is shit..

1 minute ago, KingOFmambo said:

All ive seen from youtube reviews and such is that BDO is only eye candy...  in everything else the game is shit..

i dont understand that lol

-There is quest driving

- very nice craft

- Buisiness between town with convoy

- mini games with npc

- manage worker for craft

- housing

- mini games to get horses, make him "level up"

- you also have dailies things

- you have world boss

- node wars ( mean guild v guild to control a part of the world, so have taxes )

- gvg

- a way to manage quite many details more closest to a classic rpg than a classic mmo.

Wtf, how can this game can be said as "no content" or shit.

Oh yeah ppl dont have their dungeon so they are mad, so all game = no content. Alright, got it.

6 hours ago, AfroSamuraiGoneWrong said:

dont get me wrong i like this combatsystem and i like the 1v1 arena because it is balanced no matter what gear.

BUT

1. -pve is boring, every day the same dailies until cap, the same dungeons that are easy btw... nothing clan/team related basically ( im not considering the 24 man "dungeon" ) something worth mentioning.
  2. -open pvp is basically p2w, gold = better gear "upgrades" = higher damage, there is people buying gold from illegitimate sources, and i heard soon we get the currency exchange (so people will be able to buy gold with ncoins i guess?) but this is just speculating and my opinion
  3. -tag team isnt balanced like 1v1, at least i heard that, also because of summoner and the community itself i dont feel like playing it.
  4. -feedback from surveys doesnt seem to be taken serious, summoner got buffed even tho people were complaining. (i personally dont care, im just showing how they dont listen)
  5. -europe maintenance is a joke, and ncsoft doesnt even seem to care, its like someone is telling me to F*** off.

normally grinding monsters would mean = GOLD or at least useful items, not in this case, everything is worth 1-20 coppers , which is like a fart in the wind, and nothing useful drops that i could use directly for upgrading basically, crafting was good at start, now it is just total waste of time, the good stuff drops through these secret recipes that drop rarely in dungeons and u get outbid on it anyways. most stuff costs more to produce than it sells for.

i really hope that this game will be good someday, and improves and they actually listen to their customers/playerbase.

my friends already got tired of it, so am i getting tired of it. feels like getting burnout.

and i already heard enough of people complaining about the same on my server.

just the 1v1 arena isnt enough to keep me in the game.

rip-clipart-rip-gravestone-md.png

TL;DR: You make a valid point there sir, and I absolutely agree - you should leave.

NCsoft's not gonna listen until enough people leave. When there's too many complaints echoing around their poorly-populated customer service hall, nobody will be able to hear a thing anybody's saying; you should leave.

Overpopulating a game like this doesn't help the game; it suffocates the game. If you really, truly love Blade and Soul, then like a responsible lover/parent that knows that his/her presence has a negative impact on the lives of those he/she loves, you should leave.

To elaborate: Black Desert Online's good and solid for a long-term gaming plan (end-game pve is a silly idea anyways). Blade and Soul isn't quite there yet when it comes to accommodating the finer elements of peripheral MMO gaming; it just excels in combat. Like how older MMOs eventually run out of things to add to a game, Blade and Soul will grow and mature over time when it learns that there are other things to expand on and more that the game can accomplish than just combat. It will take about another 5 to 15 years until it reaches maturity. But to mature, be it as a person or a game, one needs to learn the ups and downs of life, its highs and lows. When people like us stay, we keep the game's ego inflated; it never finds a point in its life that's low enough for it to want to reflect on its faults. For its sake, you should leave.

So what you're doing here, laying out the obvious, isn't going to reach developer ears anyways - at least not at the moment. They mostly just listen to the Korean players for feedback; the NA and EU NCsoft branches are just an extension to help get them more income. They already have constructive feedback over there; they don't need more of it. Rather, they want money. If you want to help, you should use the cash shop more - only then might you actually be heard at this time. Otherwise, you should just leave.

For op's point 1 and 2, I'm gonna tell you, you will get yourself face slap so hard when you are actually playing BDO. PVE is boring in BNS, but PVE is nonexistence in BDO. BNS's open world  pvp is p2w, as for BDO , they have a 5sec potion cd , and no cc break skills which means whoever got CCed are gonna be burn from 100-0 in a combo if your opponent is high level enchanted, which leads to the fact that gears, potions and RNG matter in pvp , but no skills are required.

I was expecting BDO with, maybe even, same hype as BnS, of course I wasnt following BDO since 2010 nor did I tried to play in Asian servers... Thing is, I really wanted to like it. As I wish the same for Bless and some other MMO's which are not confirmed to be released in west yet. If nothing else its always a good thing to know you have a game as backup, just in case something goes really bad with your main MMORPG. And I did tried BDO, in both alpha and beta 1.

1) I'll be completely honest, I was expecting way more from character creation.

2) When I went ingame, I was extremely satisfied from the graphics. 

3) Pve SUCKS. I don't even have words to describe how much it sucks. No, BnS is paradise in comparison with BDO's pve. Its a constant "go there to speak with X NPC, take the quest, go 65456465451 miles away to kill the mobs, speak with the black spirit, receive quest from black spirit, go 998898989874 miles away to kill mobs" etc etc etc This thing just goes on and on and on.  I seriously got a headache and got dizzy from that crap.

4) Darker nights are amazing. Same goes for weather system and day/night swaps.

5) I haven't tried the pvp system, but as far as I heard there's not really an option to flag and unflag yourself, you can be attacked everywhere and at any time. No PVE servers as well. If you're a pvp freak 24/7, all good. If you're not, theeeen yea you see the problem.

After some thought, I decided to not even bother with BDO anymore. Not even as a "backup" game. I'm playing MMO's to enjoy and have fun, not to get painkillers lol... 

BUT. Guess what. No one cared to read the reasons why I choose BnS. I just picked this game and here I am. As no one will care to read why I'm leaving (If and when I'll leave). Try to do the same next time. 

Don't quit yet, come to play in Nippon with Blade and Soul Nippon Office. Only bad Offices here in NCWest Office, very bad social skills. In Nippon even you Gaijin treated with respect. Here no respect for Gaijin

Come play Soul Fighter now and Warlock now :D

This is still relevant btw:

This is from the beta half a year ago but this is the version we will be getting (And the Korean version ist still not much different since the game tanked there).

If you are really bored with BnS endgame why play a game which doesn't have any endgame at all?

Imagine the QQ threads in the BDO forums in a month or 2....

4 minutes ago, YuriScarlet said:

just stop  replying to this thread. you guys are just exposing this. He will learn after a few months of playing BDO. I played it and UNLESSS they completely changed it...they will realize that It is really bad and you are forced to pay to compete.

Not every body play with PvP mind, not every body wish to be top level cp in a week. 

I have play Blac Desert and my point of view is that, I like to explore game world and BDO has huge game world many activity for every like 

Bashing one competition is just show fear

Improve Blade to Soul West user experience and more respect for user, better than fear other competition 

No one fears the competition, it's just idiotic that on every single gaming forum there's some fool spouting off about how he or she is going to leave and go play "X" game because it's so much better, when in fact, all games have their issues. What's worse here is that the OP is claiming things that just aren't true. The mobs are idiotic in BDO. There is no challenge to grinding them. That has been one of the main complaints since launch and there is no hope for them being updated anytime sooner than the next year, and that will only be in new areas.

Not really sure where the few who are defending the OP are coming from, but your argument has no basis because the OP has no basis. BDO's only real content is PvP, crafting, and exploration. PvE content is horribly sparse at this point and the AI is horrible. I played the CBT and I was bored out of my mind as beautiful as the game world looks. Add to that I'm not much of a fan of the styling of the game and it just isn't something that satisfies in so many ways.

Again, what makes no sense is the OP whining the way he did except for him wanting some attention.

9 minutes ago, Bummer said:

Not every body play with PvP mind, not every body wish to be top level cp in a week. 

I have play Blac Desert and my point of view is that, I like to explore game world and BDO has huge game world many activity for every like 

Improve Blade to Soul West user experience and more respect for user, better than fear other competition 

But there is nothing else then PVP in BDO, GvG is the whole point of the game?

I mean yes can do the fluff stuff and kill whales or collect some flowers but that's basically meaningless i don't know why anyone who isn't even interested in PVP would play this game.

Just now, Bummer said:

see i hate to reply but i hate it when things gets misleading.

It doesn't matter whether its PVP, PVE or anything. THEY HAVE STATTED COSTUMES to gain advantage over everybody else.  they say they're going to sell vanity and convenience items. Those costumes are statted, and if they follow the asian market then they give you some. they sell energy pots with life skill energy booster pots. Drop rate increases. worst of all they might even charge you with reset skill scrolls.

People complain now about this game, just wait and see how its gonna be like in BDO. Played that game and i was satisfied with the sea battle and fishing. thats it.

6 minutes ago, Prototypemind said:

No one fears the competition, it's just idiotic that on every single gaming forum there's some fool spouting off about how he or she is going to leave and go play "X" game because it's so much better, when in fact, all games have their issues. What's worse here is that the OP is claiming things that just aren't true. The mobs are idiotic in BDO. There is no challenge to grinding them. That has been one of the main complaints since launch and there is no hope for them being updated anytime sooner than the next year, and that will only be in new areas.

Not really sure where the few who are defending the OP are coming from, but your argument has no basis because the OP has no basis. BDO's only real content is PvP, crafting, and exploration. PvE content is horribly sparse at this point and the AI is horrible. I played the CBT and I was bored out of my mind as beautiful as the game world looks. Add to that I'm not much of a fan of the styling of the game and it just isn't something that satisfies in so many ways.

Again, what makes no sense is the OP whining the way he did except for him wanting some attention.

Fear for competition is all over this thread, if all read and accept all have right to opinion and not reply , you said yourself thread got no point. Then disregard and thread will die quit to the bottom. 

Only ones at fault here are ones keep tread alive because can't resist bashing gaijin for his opinion

Show gaijin good points for game you like, no need to bash other game .. if you intelligent you understand

AS a person who did play bdo on Russia. All i can say healing pots each 5 seconds will rule the equal gear fight, Who ever brought more, usualy wins, pvp there is a joke with that rule, gvg is ....  Meh worst gvg i saw lately to be honest .. That providing your server wont have some hardcore farmers or gold buyers, who will get top gear and then simply stop you from farming most lucrative places by simply killing you with ease :).

29 minutes ago, Bummer said:

Don't quit yet, come to play in Nippon with Blade and Soul Nippon Office. Only bad Offices here in NCWest Office, very bad social skills. In Nippon even you Gaijin treated with respect. Here no respect for Gaijin

Come play Soul Fighter now and Warlock now :D

I'm doing this. But isn't it B2P in Japanese BnS?

Archived