Why im gonna switch to BlackDesertOnline!

AfroSamuraiGoneWrong

dont get me wrong i like this combatsystem and i like the 1v1 arena because it is balanced no matter what gear.

BUT

1. -pve is boring, every day the same dailies until cap, the same dungeons that are easy btw... nothing clan/team related basically ( im not considering the 24 man "dungeon" ) something worth mentioning.
  2. -open pvp is basically p2w, gold = better gear "upgrades" = higher damage, there is people buying gold from illegitimate sources, and i heard soon we get the currency exchange (so people will be able to buy gold with ncoins i guess?) but this is just speculating and my opinion
  3. -tag team isnt balanced like 1v1, at least i heard that, also because of summoner and the community itself i dont feel like playing it.
  4. -feedback from surveys doesnt seem to be taken serious, summoner got buffed even tho people were complaining. (i personally dont care, im just showing how they dont listen)
  5. -europe maintenance is a joke, and ncsoft doesnt even seem to care, its like someone is telling me to F*** off.

normally grinding monsters would mean = GOLD or at least useful items, not in this case, everything is worth 1-20 coppers , which is like a fart in the wind, and nothing useful drops that i could use directly for upgrading basically, crafting was good at start, now it is just total waste of time, the good stuff drops through these secret recipes that drop rarely in dungeons and u get outbid on it anyways. most stuff costs more to produce than it sells for.

i really hope that this game will be good someday, and improves and they actually listen to their customers/playerbase.

my friends already got tired of it, so am i getting tired of it. feels like getting burnout.

and i already heard enough of people complaining about the same on my server.

just the 1v1 arena isnt enough to keep me in the game.

rip-clipart-rip-gravestone-md.png

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lexter said:

Yeah, BDO is beautiful, but booring.

cant be more boring than pve in this game. no way in hell. and at least u make money through grinding, unlike in this game. plus i saw enough of CBT footage from europe. and people should stop comparing the eu/na version of bdo with the asian/russian version they are completely different.

Just now, AfroSamuraiGoneWrong said:

cant be more boring than pve in this game. no way in hell. plus i saw enough of CBT footage from europe. and people should stop comparing the eu/na version of bdo with the asian/russian version they are completely different.

So i will try! Thanks for new informations.

1 minute ago, AfroSamuraiGoneWrong said:

dont get me wrong i like this combatsystem and i like the 1v1 arena because it is balanced no matter what gear.

BUT

-pve is boring, every day the same dailies until cap, the same dungeons that are easy btw... nothing clan/team related basically ( im not considering the 24 man "dungeon" ) something worth mentioning.

Welcome to end game in nearly every single MMO, if you think BDO is going to be any different you're going to be in for a shock, infact I think most people are saying end game is absolutely abysmal right now.

-open pvp is basically p2w, gold = better gear "upgrades" = higher damage, there is people buying gold from illegitimate sources, and i heard soon we get the currency exchange (so people will be able to buy gold with ncoins i guess?) but this is just speculating and my opinion

So that's just personal opinion and guesswork, regardless Open world PVP is always about gear in any single game you play, to be honest what generally is the biggest factor in open world PVP is who has the bigger zerg, same thing in every MMO.

-tag team isnt balanced like 1v1, at least i heard that, also because of summoner and the community itself i dont feel like playing it.

So you're saying you haven't played it and you're going to use it as a reason for quitting, ok....

-feedback from surveys doesnt seem taken serious, summoner got buffed even tho people were complaining. (i personally dont care, im just showing how they dont listen)

They don't have control over balance, korea does. We are using the korean balance patches but we don't have the content that they have, it may or may not cause imbalances but the whole point is so they can fast track the content to catch up with korea this year so we can enter the world tournament. Your complaints aren't falling on deaf ears, you're just complaining to people who don't have control over it.

-europe maintenance is a joke, and ncsoft doesnt even seem to care, its like someone is telling me to F*** off.

The maintenance was done pretty much in EU work time for the most part, granted it might have been an hour or two after work for those in GMT +1/2 the biggest problem was the extended downtime. Although NCSoft is a US company, maintenance will be done in the US working day generally early in the morning so they can update then be around to fix any issues. Your ISP customer service reps generally work 8-6pm, if you have an issue you generally call them between those times or wait for the next day, I don't get why people think an MMO company is any different in terms of when they should work to provide a service.

normally grinding monsters would mean = GOLD or at least useful items, not in this case, everything is worth 1-20 coppers , which is like a fart in the wind, and nothing useful drops that i could use directly for upgrading basically, crafting was good at start, now it is just total waste of time, the good stuff drops through these secret recipes that drop rarely in dungeons and u get outbid on it anyways. most stuff costs more to produce than it sells for.

Doing all your dailys gets you about 6-10 gold per day depending on how many you do. Money isn't really an issue.

Don't get me wrong, you're welcome to quit and for whatever reasons you like its your own time, just don't come on the forums spouting nonsense we have enough of that already.

Can I have your stuff? (Joking)

Buying in game currency is not p2w its rmt and is generally against the tos

If they do add a money to in game money thing to the game that is... questionable, but smart in some ways.. depending on how much of an impact it has on the in game economy.. 

As far as i hear most things you pay for in the hongmoon store are obtainable elsewhere when its an important item, so unless its specifically denied to you via other sources that is also not p2w.

Free to play games have to make money somehow sadly or they shut down, so naturally there are going to be enticing offers up for grabs because the people working on the game are hungry.

Sorry you are quitting i hope you enjoy the other game.

I dont want to sound rude, and i do value everyones opinions but....

Who cares if you leave for BDO? If you want to  just go....no one will shout here and make you stop and this thread doesnt change anything does it?

Its the same as all the goodbye threads, i mean ok you want to leave, then just leave but do we have to chat about it all day on forums each day / everyday?

FYI:

BDO is the most boring game ever, the only thing good in that game is the character creation, the rest is stall and dull :)

7 minutes ago, Jamein said:

*snip*

why are u saying this game has the same endgame like every other mmorpg? it is simply not true.

1. u cant grind for gold.
  2. u cant farm some recipes for crafting in the outside world.
  3. u cant do something challenging with your clan together.

it is just plain boring and not rewarding. in BDO u can grind for gold, in WoW u can grind for gold, could list plenty more titles...

and my reason for not playing tagteam, i already stated, people are too dumb to figure out summoner especially after the buff, which makes it even worse.

" EU work time " , most people dont work between 13:00 - 21:00 (1pm to 9pm) they work from 5:00-15:00 or 8:00-16:00 or something like that depends on your job... but thats the average time...

also how is it nonsense, if its true, grind is a joke in this game it doesnt make money, dailies are boring as fuq, and already failed in WoW.

3 minutes ago, AfroSamuraiGoneWrong said:

2. u cant farm some recipes for crafting in the outside world.
  3. u cant do something challenging with your clan together

1. You farm dailies for gold...
  2. You farm dungeons for certain recipes... you craft, you go look for samples in open world, you make stuff.
  3. Eh you got me on this one... but at best, endgame dungeon, 24 man or BW/ Terror Raid... 

BDO isn't a godsend game, it gets boring too... Just like any other MMO that exists... or just any game in general. 

why are u saying this game has the same endgame like every other mmorpg? it is simply not true.

You grind dailys, kill mobs get gold. Same thing in every MMO.

1. u cant farm some recipes for crafting in the outside world.

No you farm dungeons instead, not every MMO has the same crafting/recipe system or loot table system but the basic premise is still there, grind and get stuff.

it is just plain boring and not rewarding. in BDO u can grind for gold, in WoW u can grind for gold, could list plenty more titles...

Again, the concept of grinding for gold is the same if you're getting it from mob drops directly or from the quests that send you to kill those mobs. I don't even know why we are arguing about this both systems are boring and every single MMO has a variation of one or the other.

and my reason for not playing tagteam, i already stated, people are too dumb to figure out summoner especially after the buff, which makes it even worse.

So your issue is with the players, not the game. Glad we cleared that up.

" EU work time " , most people dont work between 13:00 - 21:00 (1pm to 9pm) they work from 5:00-15:00 or 8:00-16:00 or something like that depends on your job... but thats the average time...

Re-read what I put, the maintence was originally set to be 12:00-18:00 (GMT) it was 6 hours. An average working day is generally 9:00 till 17:00. Which means the servers were only MEANT to be down for an hour or so after most people finished work. Not really a massive disruption to playtime (as I said those in GMT +1/2 suffered more obviously). The actual extension is what caused the downtime to be really bad for EU.

If the dev team is working out of the NCsoft offices  in Bellevue, WA then when the servers went down for the update it was about 4/5am for them. Which means they came in early to get it started anyway so that they had all day to fix any issues if anything went wrong.

I'm far from NCsofts (or even BNS) biggest fan, but people are spouting so much self entitled bullshit lately its ridiculous.

Its soo funny to listen to this post after actually playing black desert (ru server)

1) End game BDO PVE is the same   kill 50 - 120 monsters. But you don't have any dungeons. So its even worse.

2) Open pvp in BDO is a laggy cluster*cricket*. And dont get me started on how pay to win it is. The game has a shitty item upgrade system, and you need a ton of money to get anything to 12+....  so people sell costumes and other stuff from the cashshop. Upgrade system in blade and soul is waaay better.

3) The tag teams i saw on bdo are 2+ gankers killing you in the back while leveling. The best part is that after level 50 it takes ages to level.  Losing 2% to a group of lowlives was very fun.

4) Same as mostly any game

5) You think too highly of yourself, wait it out or do something else. They dont do maintenance for laughs.

Theres alot of fun things in that game (housing, craft, horse breeding etc.)  but the shitty pve and pay to win laggy pvp killed the game for me.

1 minute ago, jmsara said:

we dont care about you, your a waste of time, your just a casual gamer who play for a day or 2.

i play since f2p release , daily, 10 hours a day. gtfo u filthy casual, i know what im talking about.

3 minutes ago, TopKEK said:
  1. You farm dailies for gold...
  2. You farm dungeons for certain recipes... you craft, you go look for samples in open world, you make stuff.
  3. Eh you got me on this one... but at best, endgame dungeon, 24 man or BW/ Terror Raid... 

BDO isn't a godsend game, it gets boring too... Just like any other MMO that exists... or just any game in general. 

u dont get my point, in B&S u MUST do dailies in order to get gold and upgrades.

in BDO, u can grind, do dungeons/raids, do pvp, rely on RNGesus to get rare loot, craft, all that in order to get gold. which makes it so much more solid.

and at least u can do something together with your friends/clan, i mean something actually impactful.

If you think BDO is going to go off without problems, you are sadly mistaken. PLUS, I know someone who has put hundreds of hours and I don't even want to put the $$$ amount he has spent on the game and guess what... he hasn't touched it in weeks. Why, because it becomes the same sh!t different day thing. A game is what you MAKE IT.

I am a long time MMO player and have found this to be true with pretty much every game that I have played. You have to make the game fun as well. It's the people you play with is what keeps you playing.

6 minutes ago, Shinguru said:

Its soo funny to listen to this post after actually playing black desert (ru server)

1) End game BDO PVE is the same   kill 50 - 120 monsters. But you don't have any dungeons. So its even worse.

2) Open pvp in BDO is a laggy cluster*cricket*. And dont get me started on how pay to win it is. The game has a shitty item upgrade system, and you need a ton of money to get anything to 12+....  so people sell costumes and other stuff from the cashshop. Upgrade system in blade and soul is waaay better.

3) The tag teams i saw on bdo are 2+ gankers killing you in the back while leveling. The best part is that after level 50 it takes ages to level.  Losing 2% to a group of lowlives was very fun.

4) Same as mostly any game

5) You think too highly of yourself, wait it out or do something else. They dont do maintenance for laughs.

Theres alot of fun things in that game (housing, craft, horse breeding etc.)  but the shitty pve and pay to win laggy pvp killed the game for me.

and there again, russian version, completely different, its really stupid what you say because:

1. u play on russian servers, and complain about lag
  2. na/eu version is more westernized obviously.
  3. and no our version is not p2w... since its b2p.

false impressions cause u play the wrong version from a faraway country.

check cbt eu/na footage for actual impressions.

I believe people saying ''im gonna quit this game and im going to play *insert name of the new mmo coming wich is the same sh*t with different engine and graphic here* '' want to let you know that for them ''that'' game is amazing !! 

truth is 99% of who is gonna read that... doesnt care... fantastic !! 

Archived