From the looks of things assassins need a nerf

animekitty

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, animekitty said:

I play open world pvp not the crappy 1v1 arena and from what I've seen assassins are way to strong in pvp. Invisibly that you cant counter, last a ridiculously long time and a flash bang blind that you also cant counter. People say the counter to flash bang is look away but if you look away that means you aren't hitting them so they don't need to use it. They also say the counter to invisibility is you can somewhat see them but in open world pvp there are to many things going on and to many directions they can run to so no you really cant see it. One more thing I'm unsure of but they may be able to go invisible wait until combat ends and then take off there outfit if they are losing.

Assassin is only the second annoying class in open world PvP Destoyer is first place. I fought one as an assassin around the beach and the only two strategy the dumbass need. Charge in and spin, the npc are a limitless supply of focus and their profane buff makes them impossible to kill, and if they run out of hp they just spin back to their base and drink potion.

assassin are noob killers or kill players when they are low on hp. They hate areas with hostile npc because they will keep hitting the wrong target. To be frank I've killed plenty of Assassin (as assassin, KFM and destroyer)

Assassin is weak as hell against summoner and blade dancer in arena because they can get knocked out fromstealth everytime. Every class have a pro and con against another class, unbalanced but strangely fair.

Although i gotta say assassin has a really unfair advantage against BM right now, just spit poison moth and right click and blind. BM is pretty much dead.

Aren't assassin the weakest class in world pvp?

You may not notice bad assassins because they die so fast....

I'm one of those bad assassins, and honestly didn't met any good ones either, while I met tons of other classes which were god like (compared to me).

Sure they do good in small fights, but in large fights ( 10 vs 10 or more) stealth is useless when everyone aoe's and it's so easy to be accidentally discovered while there is a huge fight.

I often found myself with all skills on cool down just watching my allies die and need to use stealth to run away.

Even in 1 vs 1 they don't do THAT good if people know how to play against them.

Like i said i'm a bad assassin, but I think they don't even have good burst dmg compared with some other classes they seem more of a sustain type of dps, which is bad in world pvp since people can use potions.

Besides tab escape, all stealth mechanism requires you to be melee range (usually behind an enemy). Even the counter put you in melee range. A good enemy team won't let you in stealth even for a second.  I've burned all my stealths once but couldn't even run away.

In comparison summoners can stealth, has a pet cat, and a lot of cc.

Destroyers and blade dancer have their spin which makes them look immortal.

Honestly these 3 classes are the most popular in world pvp, and a pain to deal with.

Fm are bellow them, but they can manage just fine.

Assassins, bm and kfm ( common > less common in that order) are rare or they die so fast you don't even know they were there. ( at least from what I've seen. Only pvp for dailies) and these classes are easy pickings.

Assassins are just annoying, that is it and. Maybe because of that they are more noticeable.

I've seen one good bm tough, which single handed tanked entire enemy base along with some enemy players ( 2-3+).

An assassin vs 3 enemies? nothing good can happen.

Never said I got beat, I said mechanics that have no counter play are over powered, aoe is not made for single target combat as such its damage is reduced so no aoe is not the answer to stealth.

You can get all the way across a map in 6 seconds, ya that is a long time.

If you don't play BnS 1v1 arena then why do you even play this game?

1: It's based on tournaments, and not the open world pvp.

2: Do you even understand what u said? "aoe is not made for single target combat as such its damage is reduced so no aoe is not the answer to stealth."

3: So you haven't got beat by assassins and they run away from you across the map in 6 seconds? Then why do you QQ?

4: This is about the game, and not about "your" country. They are trying to balance the game to what it was made for.

5: Assassin is not OP. What class do you play?

Just another "blame the game and their unbalanced classes because i just lost 1 fight and its easier to believe the game is broken rather than me being unskilled and having 0 knowledge on the classes and how to counter them, even though i play for 2 weeks only" type of post. Nothing to say here...

On 2/5/2016 at 3:34 AM, animekitty said:

I play open world pvp not the crappy 1v1 arena and from what I've seen assassins are way to strong in pvp. Invisibly that you cant counter, last a ridiculously long time and a flash bang blind that you also cant counter. People say the counter to flash bang is look away but if you look away that means you aren't hitting them so they don't need to use it. They also say the counter to invisibility is you can somewhat see them but in open world pvp there are to many things going on and to many directions they can run to so no you really cant see it. One more thing I'm unsure of but they may be able to go invisible wait until combat ends and then take off there outfit if they are losing.

Sorry that you're pissed.

But Sin's damage output comes purely from stealth. When they can't maintain their stealth properly they simply die horribly. And that's the drawback of playing Sin. Good Sin knows his tools. 

So what you are telling me is since you think that the Mechanics of an AoE aren't meant for single target those skills which would counter the stealth and other items you complained about you want to nerf a class because you don't use yours to its full potential?

omg, nerf fm, they freezes me all the time in pvp. omg, nerf summoners, they root and turn invisible, omg nerf destroyers, they spin and i cant stun them, omg omg nerf bm and kfm, they block all, i cant deal damage, omg omg nerf bdc, they little, they spin, they lock me in combo for hight damage, omg omg, nerf ALL!!!! did i forgot something? nerf boss, i cant stun boss! please make this game single player, without monsters, where i can take a walk in a park and i get useless skill points and equips, because there is nothing to kill and nothing can kill me. im playing assassin and i find other classes op, hell i find my class op sometimes, when i face newb like yourself.

1 hour ago, Golgo said:

omg, nerf fm, they freezes me all the time in pvp. omg, nerf summoners, they root and turn invisible, omg nerf destroyers, they spin and i cant stun them, omg omg nerf bm and kfm, they block all, i cant deal damage, omg omg nerf bdc, they little, they spin, they lock me in combo for hight damage, omg omg, nerf ALL!!!! did i forgot something? nerf boss, i cant stun boss! please make this game single player, without monsters, where i can take a walk in a park and i get useless skill points and equips, because there is nothing to kill and nothing can kill me. im playing assassin and i find other classes op, hell i find my class op sometimes, when i face newb like yourself.

You said everything. I can't stand this newbies complaining about everything.

Update on my thoughts on assassins. Still op, they cant quite 100-0 perma stun like a kfm can (or used to dont know about the nerf now) but they come dam close. The main issue I've been finding is there uncounterable flash bang and an outrageously low cool down and what does it do? Grants them stealth, makes it so you cant see a thing, makes it so you cant cast for a second, check check and check. This is a hell of a lot of power for something that can get you out of any thing, and I haven't exactly timed it so sorry if this isn't 100% correct, but its a 5 second cool down. Looking at other escape abilities on other classes minus the knocked down ones because everyone has multiple of them, they have 15-30 second cool downs so if you use them badly you are *cricket*ed and all they do is get you up, give you immunity for a very small amount of time and deal 100 damage. Sins are really hard to play against because of the other bs but at least you can do something about it and outplay it. Flash bang has no counters and basically no cool down so any combo you can do is gone LMB for the win right?

just wanna start with:

NCsoft have 0 Control over balance or content patchs, its Enforced to strictly stay to exactly KR, so complaining wont achieve any balance cause its ALL uptoo KR how the game is balanced not NCSoft, NCSoft KR are a completely different company to US NCSoft, so QQing and thinking the games going to balance to ur "needs" is ridiculous, KR only care for arena so that's all u'll see the balancing aimed at, GL In the Open World playing a Arena PvP game, go play BDO.

and on topic, I rly don't get how u think sin is OP... they're not OP at all in all honesty, as stated they're not strong in WvW ur just need more practice, Either way on a Serious note.

I'd consider moving to BDO when its released if ur at all serious about wanting real WvW, BnS will never give u real WvW cause it isn't that style of game, it merely has the tool for fun purposes, nothing serious or balance worthy.

*shrugs* after patch i didnt win a single fight vs assassin in gold  as desto.  one stun combo . faster run in stealth then my spin which means cannot take out from stealth. Repeat untill either win by health or points if manage to counter combo start. Seems simple. Everyone using one build/skill combo without any variation :). Those who *cricket* up usualy sit in silver and are killable. Those who learned that one strategy sit in gold and probably above and are unbetable more or less :) 

lol, gold Assassins unbeatable. My Blade Dancer disagrees.

Save your escapes for when you actually need them and don't let them bait you into wasting. Backstep flashbang. Time your resists to their teleport attacks and AoE to kick them out of stealth.

They're not easy to fight and they do beat me up sometimes, but they're not perfect.

20 hours ago, Anneli said:

*shrugs* after patch i didnt win a single fight vs assassin in gold  as desto.  one stun combo . faster run in stealth then my spin which means cannot take out from stealth. Repeat untill either win by health or points if manage to counter combo start. Seems simple. Everyone using one build/skill combo without any variation :). Those who *cricket* up usualy sit in silver and are killable. Those who learned that one strategy sit in gold and probably above and are unbetable more or less :) 

yeah but some classes prolly say the exact same towards the Destroyer, simply some classes have a advantage against other classes naturally.

generally any game remotely close to balance will hold that fact, however in a 1v1 makes it alittle less fair, but without streamlining classes to almost the same thing they'd struggle to make a even playing ground for Every class out there I don't see why that'd begin since patch though, as the assassin got nothing.. Destroyer was Nerfed though I guess.

On 2/5/2016 at 5:46 PM, Zakennayo said:

Although, Perma Invis is bullshit.. ON ANYONE.

We do have perma invis if  you stand there and face your back at us  all the time.

I get grabbed by destroyers and thrown to BW all the time and you just can't cry bout that. 

The game is gonna be balanced in 1v1 not world PvP....

On 2/12/2016 at 8:48 PM, animekitty said:

Update on my thoughts on assassins. Still op, they cant quite 100-0 perma stun like a kfm can (or used to dont know about the nerf now) but they come dam close. The main issue I've been finding is there uncounterable flash bang and an outrageously low cool down and what does it do? Grants them stealth, makes it so you cant see a thing, makes it so you cant cast for a second, check check and check. This is a hell of a lot of power for something that can get you out of any thing, and I haven't exactly timed it so sorry if this isn't 100% correct, but its a 5 second cool down. Looking at other escape abilities on other classes minus the knocked down ones because everyone has multiple of them, they have 15-30 second cool downs so if you use them badly you are *cricket*ed and all they do is get you up, give you immunity for a very small amount of time and deal 100 damage. Sins are really hard to play against because of the other bs but at least you can do something about it and outplay it. Flash bang has no counters and basically no cool down so any combo you can do is gone LMB for the win right?

As previously mentioned the flashbang IS counterable.  It's on two skills, the tab escape (30s cd) and swiftstep skill (which is either 45s or 1 min cd, I can't remember offhand).

Archived