From the looks of things assassins need a nerf

animekitty

25 minutes ago, XianRen said:

As previously mentioned the flashbang IS counterable.  It's on two skills, the tab escape (30s cd) and swiftstep skill (which is either 45s or 1 min cd, I can't remember offhand).

It is? Not seeing any way to counter it aside from let the enemy get up without attacking them

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/5/2016 at 7:34 PM, animekitty said:

I play open world pvp not the crappy 1v1 arena and from what I've seen assassins are way to strong in pvp. Invisibly that you cant counter, last a ridiculously long time and a flash bang blind that you also cant counter. People say the counter to flash bang is look away but if you look away that means you aren't hitting them so they don't need to use it. They also say the counter to invisibility is you can somewhat see them but in open world pvp there are to many things going on and to many directions they can run to so no you really cant see it. One more thing I'm unsure of but they may be able to go invisible wait until combat ends and then take off there outfit if they are losing.

Game is an esport, they dont balance for world pvp.

On 2/12/2016 at 8:48 PM, animekitty said:

Update on my thoughts on assassins. Still op, they cant quite 100-0 perma stun like a kfm can (or used to dont know about the nerf now) but they come dam close. The main issue I've been finding is there uncounterable flash bang and an outrageously low cool down and what does it do? Grants them stealth, makes it so you cant see a thing, makes it so you cant cast for a second, check check and check. This is a hell of a lot of power for something that can get you out of any thing, and I haven't exactly timed it so sorry if this isn't 100% correct, but its a 5 second cool down. Looking at other escape abilities on other classes minus the knocked down ones because everyone has multiple of them, they have 15-30 second cool downs so if you use them badly you are *cricket*ed and all they do is get you up, give you immunity for a very small amount of time and deal 100 damage. Sins are really hard to play against because of the other bs but at least you can do something about it and outplay it. Flash bang has no counters and basically no cool down so any combo you can do is gone LMB for the win right?

The 'Flash Bang' you are talking about is a 1 minute CD.  I feel like you are just rambling, you don't even know wtf you are talking about.

On 05/02/2016 at 1:34 AM, animekitty said:

I play open world pvp not the crappy 1v1 arena and from what I've seen assassins are way to strong in pvp. Invisibly that you cant counter, last a ridiculously long time and a flash bang blind that you also cant counter. People say the counter to flash bang is look away but if you look away that means you aren't hitting them so they don't need to use it. They also say the counter to invisibility is you can somewhat see them but in open world pvp there are to many things going on and to many directions they can run to so no you really cant see it. One more thing I'm unsure of but they may be able to go invisible wait until combat ends and then take off there outfit if they are losing.

get to level 45, then come back complaining it needs a buff.

On February 5, 2016 at 8:43 PM, animekitty said:

Na ill complain I like open world pvp so they can balance it to my liking

Way to still be an *cricket* in your comment. They aren't going to fix it because you can't play your class right. I hate saying this but get good. You do realize to take them out of stealth don't hit them when they move their hands in a circular motion around their upper half of their body. It's called decoy. That how they really go in to stealth. And if you weren't dumb enough you'd realize you can take them out of stealth with an AoE. So shut up. Stop complaining. And keep your problems to yourself because NCsoft isn't going to nerf the class just because you can't play yours right. 

On ‎2‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 8:40 PM, Trinket said:

Only needed to read up to here to know OP is new to PvP.

That's where I stopped reading.

"Open world pvp where the true elite can attack each other 10 vs 1...Not that crappy balanced 1v1 shitfest arena."

On 2/5/2016 at 8:34 PM, animekitty said:

Have you fought a WW destroyer yet? lol

There is no such thing as balance in open world pvp once it gets to be over 3 teams each side in the area anything dies the instance they leave iframe unless if they were nvr in range of the fight lol 

Like ppl say bm kfm and summoner should be tanky well my sum lost like 40k hp within 1 second yesterday soon as my iframe finished lol 

And sin invis honestly once they attack someone in a party they get blown up yes open world 1v1 sins op but how often do u get to see 1v1 in open world lol 

But sin invis really deserves a nerf because even in arena if they wait patiently they can almost say I perma win by timer... I had lost to gay sins before who just iframe combo invis n run away from me and by the time I get to him.. he goes invis again n runs to another corner until his invis cd again he just kept running haha then 5 minutes late I lost cost he had nearly Max hp n I lost like 5% sigh such balance lol 

On 2/5/2016 at 10:37 PM, animekitty said:

There is no reason for an NA release if we do no own the right to change the game so suit OUR country not someone else.

Please keep in mind: NA stands for North America, which is a continent, not a country. As such, there are other countries involved; even more so considering there's no restrictions for people from other continents to play on NA. Now, also please refrain from assuming your preferred playstyle and preferences can at all compare to that of the thousands of players that play on NA. Thanks!

Edit: Just noticed the dates of the post. Sorry my post is probably irrelevant at this point.

On 2/28/2016 at 5:59 PM, Matangi said:

Your stupid class need nerf there is no counterplay possible, u have unlimited free combos that u cant dodge, and thsi stupid irl flash needs to be removed. + You shouldnt be allowed to attack while stealth

Even if you were trying to claim sin was too strong, saying counter-play is impossible is just retarded.

• 2 months later...

I play sin and I get my ass kicked all the time. So I'd say nerf all other classes except sin.

Sin is very hard to play. Sins may seem op to many because the people who play the class and do pvp are insanely good at it.

To be able to pvp using a sin requires a lot of experience and practice. If anything, sins are disadvantaged from not-so-good players' point of view.

If a noob FM, WL, SM, or BD is pit against a noob sin (like me), the sin loses hands down. 

I don't know about top-tier pvp, but sins are always disadvantaged with low tier players (maybe they have a shot at BM or KFM with similar level of mastery). Even at top tier, when FM, WL, SM, or BD beats a sin, how likely is it that they have as much practice and concentration as the sin requires?

Btw, today I got teamed up with a KFM in arena and she pretty much solo-ed and won our every tag match. Is that evidence that KFMis in need of a nerf?

On 4.02.2016 at 2:34 AM, animekitty said:

So another "cry" because "something"?

Finally sins can counter other classes so they need nerf?

Use skills wisely, then you won't die like a noob.

Spinning Destro with God-Mode buff need nerf too.

Lifting BD dealing 50% on lift, being resistance to attacks at a same time, need nerf too.

Block Master need nerf on his 24/7 block too.

Spam Master with a lot of heal/freezings/blocking approaches/high dmg 16m behind need nerf too.

Summoner as 2 vs 1 mode player, with insanse heal, resists and stealth - need nerf too

Warlock with...

Stop the fak complaining and learn playing with your character or uninstall.

On 2/11/2016 at 2:48 AM, animekitty said:

Update on my thoughts on assassins. Still op, they cant quite 100-0 perma stun like a kfm can (or used to dont know about the nerf now) but they come dam close. The main issue I've been finding is there uncounterable flash bang and an outrageously low cool down and what does it do? Grants them stealth, makes it so you cant see a thing, makes it so you cant cast for a second, check check and check. This is a hell of a lot of power for something that can get you out of any thing, and I haven't exactly timed it so sorry if this isn't 100% correct, but its a 5 second cool down. Looking at other escape abilities on other classes minus the knocked down ones because everyone has multiple of them, they have 15-30 second cool downs so if you use them badly you are *cricket*ed and all they do is get you up, give you immunity for a very small amount of time and deal 100 damage. Sins are really hard to play against because of the other bs but at least you can do something about it and outplay it. Flash bang has no counters and basically no cool down so any combo you can do is gone LMB for the win right?

30 sec cd on tab (escape thats flash you) and you can either Iframe it or  go far away before sin does it. The fact you tought it was 5 sec illustrate how you'r just totaly blind yourself.

Our other "blind" is on 3 when stealth , 1min CD and it's the *cricket*ING WORST SKILL EVER , since in arena it get you killed 3/4 of the time (kfm/bm/WL block it , destro beyblade it, BD beyblade+ cc you , Warlock pet suck you , others sin can X during it and good FM just iframe it).

Since you posted here such nonsense , I really think you'r trolling so GG you got me :o cya =D !

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2016 at 10:13 PM, animekitty said:

Never said I got beat, I said mechanics that have no counter play are over powered, aoe is not made for single target combat as such its damage is reduced so no aoe is not the answer to stealth.

There are counterplays for everything in PvP. Learn how to counter them with skill instead of asking NC to nerf any class you don't like fighting. 

On 2/15/2016 at 5:19 PM, animekitty said:

It is? Not seeing any way to counter it aside from let the enemy get up without attacking them

Sins can have up to 3 flash bangs. 

1. Tab: Learn to predict when people tab in your combos and then iFrame it.

2. 3, Bolt Strike (3 points): This is the assassin in-stealth flash bang + stun and restealth for 6 seconds ability. They must unstealth and become targetable during this. They most commonly use this after about 4-5 seconds of being in stealth. Count to four seconds and prepare to knock them down/cc them, or turn the opposite direction from them at that time and spam targeted CC / iFrame.

3. HM Decoy (right-most tree): This is almost NEVER used because the 2 second invulnerable decoy is better. Don't hit into their counter if they for some reason are using it, and you won't get flash-banged. 

On 2/11/2016 at 8:48 PM, animekitty said:

You're not helpless.. your screen is just white. You can see their name if they are unstealthed and you can use things like counters, blocks, etc.

• 1 month later...

I think you guys all have to stop been salty and follow your own advice, all of you. "Get Gud!" is not an answer since there are problems with your class. As a FM i noticed that even if i freeze you on the spot my 1 skill has a 50/50 chance to stun you if you don't evade it. What freeze is supposed to do is to cancel any movement skills except your iframe or ss. However, that is not the case sins can still attack me throw me into the air and do their nasty stuff.  Also my skill #4 Shadow Grasp is supposed to block approach skills however, you can still use your 1 skill and f on me every single time.

Also, for a FM is a 50/50 chance that my skill will hit you! since you evade a lot of shit my 2 daze is most of time evaded, my 3 stun, sometime my damn inferno is evaded, my phantom grip can be evaded too.

I'm not complaining about your damage input nor about your 100-0. My problems is that you can be invisible and evade all my crap. When fighting you is a matter of luck to be honest and i do not believe that is how pvp should be. Like i said i can see you when you are invisible, sometime no matter how many times i spam my 1 where i now you are becouse i can see "invisible" you still evade everything!

Yes i know Pvp is a learning path captains obvious but there is a limit. LIke i said either check assasins skills or buff FM hit chance because sometimes is just BS.

3 hours ago, ZackGTie said:

I think you guys all have to stop been salty and follow your own advice, all of you. "Get Gud!" is not an answer since there are problems with your class. As a FM i noticed that even if i freeze you on the spot my 1 skill has a 50/50 chance to stun you if you don't evade it. What freeze is supposed to do is to cancel any movement skills except your iframe or ss. However, that is not the case sins can still attack me throw me into the air and do their nasty stuff.  Also my skill #4 Shadow Grasp is supposed to block approach skills however, you can still use your 1 skill and f on me every single time.

Also, for a FM is a 50/50 chance that my skill will hit you! since you evade a lot of shit my 2 daze is most of time evaded, my 3 stun, sometime my damn inferno is evaded, my phantom grip can be evaded too.

I'm not complaining about your damage input nor about your 100-0. My problems is that you can be invisible and evade all my crap. When fighting you is a matter of luck to be honest and i do not believe that is how pvp should be. Like i said i can see you when you are invisible, sometime no matter how many times i spam my 1 where i now you are becouse i can see "invisible" you still evade everything!

Yes i know Pvp is a learning path captains obvious but there is a limit. LIke i said either check assasins skills or buff FM hit chance because sometimes is just BS.

You're full of crap for saying sins EVADE your attacks. A FM complaining about match-ups with sins should not be taken seriously.

3 hours ago, ZackGTie said:

My problems is that you can be invisible and evade all my crap. When fighting you is a matter of luck to be honest and i do not believe that is how pvp should be. Like i said i can see you when you are invisible, sometime no matter how many times i spam my 1 where i now you are becouse i can see "invisible" you still evade everything!

So, it's wrong for Sins to have stealth. But it's perfectly fine for

• Destroyers and Blade Dancers to spin repeatedly, which has full resistance to Stun and Daze and a projectile deflect?
  • Blade Masters with their god-like block, which also has projectile deflect?
  • Kung Fu Masters with block and evasion procs on their Q/E?
  • Force Masters with long distanced escapes, melee counter, deflect, and freeze heals?
  • Soul Fighters with their boatload of iframes?
  • Summoners and Warlocks with their Cat/Thrall to facetank stuff for them?

Sins have absolutely nothing to defend themselves with if they didn't have stealth. And don't even say flashbang is a gimmick, it does literally nothing and only two of our high cooldown skills have it.

17 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

So, it's wrong for Sins to have stealth. But it's perfectly fine for

• Destroyers and Blade Dancers to spin repeatedly, which has full resistance to Stun and Daze and a projectile deflect?
  • Blade Masters with their god-like block, which also has projectile deflect?
  • Kung Fu Masters with block and evasion procs on their Q/E?
  • Force Masters with long distanced escapes, melee counter, deflect, and freeze heals?
  • Soul Fighters with their boatload of iframes?
  • Summoners and Warlocks with their Cat/Thrall to facetank stuff for them?

Sins have absolutely nothing to defend themselves with if they didn't have stealth. And don't even say flashbang is a gimmick, it does literally nothing and only two of our high cooldown skills have it.

I never complained about stealth nor I did not mention flash bang. Please satay on topic.

17 hours ago, Alter said:

You're full of crap for saying sins EVADE your attacks. A FM complaining about match-ups with sins should not be taken seriously.

Where is your counter argument? your facts? you didn't contribute to the discussion so why would i take your comment seriously?

1 hour ago, ZackGTie said:

I never complained about stealth nor I did not mention flash bang. Please satay on topic.

Where is your counter argument? your facts? you didn't contribute to the discussion so why would i take your comment seriously?

I mean, we could explain why FM is absolute cancer to fight against.  Between the frost orbs, the absurd power of the chill debuff that you can perpetually keep stacked, the no cooldown stun, the two long duration iframe ice blocks, both of which can heal, the long duration antiprojectile/healing field that is divine veil, and the fact that you class is obnoxiously difficult to use a combo on even if you waste tab because you can escape web if you are webbed to the ground...  

Or we could link you the vids from high level tournament play where FMs shit on sins. 

Or you could just get better at the game.  Your class is easy to play and exceedingly strong.  You aren't going to find much sympathy from people who have to work three times as hard as you for their win in this matchup.

Plus, complaining about getting evaded once or twice...the skill most fms use to knock us out of stealth (1) has no cooldown and no focus cost.  Even if you miss can can just keep trying till you land it with nearly no consequences.  In fact, I am pretty sure the entire theme of the FMs kit is to make a class that suffers little to no consequences for most of their mistakes.

30 minutes ago, FakeName said:

I mean, we could explain why FM is absolute cancer to fight against.  Between the frost orbs, the absurd power of the chill debuff that you can perpetually keep stacked, the no cooldown stun, the two long duration iframe ice blocks, both of which can heal, the long duration antiprojectile/healing field that is divine veil, and the fact that you class is obnoxiously difficult to use a combo on even if you waste tab because you can escape web if you are webbed to the ground...  

Or we could link you the vids from high level tournament play where FMs shit on sins. 

Or you could just get better at the game.  Your class is easy to play and exceedingly strong.  You aren't going to find much sympathy from people who have to work three times as hard as you for their win in this matchup.

Plus, complaining about getting evaded once or twice...the skill most fms use to knock us out of stealth (1) has no cooldown and no focus cost.  Even if you miss can can just keep trying till you land it with nearly no consequences.  In fact, I am pretty sure the entire theme of the FMs kit is to make a class that suffers little to no consequences for most of their mistakes.

Thank you for replying! This is what i wanted. To educate myself and speak to other players about their classes so i can better understand it. I don't play sin since is not ma style and i will never play it as good as my opponents. The thing about my pvp experience is that i play at low settings and most of the time i don't see your animations and that is one of my biggest problems. That is why I'm complaining about thing that i can see, my chill stack and freeze. Even in that state sins and other classes also seem to be able to attack me even in that state.

Like i said i dont have to fps or ping to stack 3 chills for 1 stun, that can be evaded and then you are supposed to be frozen but you can still do your combos and attack if im in range. sometimes for me is a 1 on 1, i freeze you and you stun me but since im in range even when frozen they can still do web and your counter seem to clear any conditions that might be applied to you.  The consequence of missing my 1 is that the 3 stack of chill will expire. and no longer able to stun you. Im not just complaining about my 1, my daze and other skills are evaded as well. so I cant follow up.

The downside of spamming Impact is that if you are not in a stance, you cant use skills Z, X, C, V so if i use my iframe or LMB, RMB just to chose a stance. I spent my iframe on nothing or you evaded my LMB and RMB. That  is frustrating and when i use my grab+v combo you can evade phantom grip. Im not new to pvp and like you said there is no symphaty for other classes but I'm not bashing on assasins nor I'm not crying. Maybe i can disccuss the matter in the forums and understand your class a little better?

The problem is that you can no longer have a discussion with this new generations since they all cast you aside and label you noob or get better. I know i have to get better and that is what I'm trying to do. 

Thank you for sharing your opinion FakeName.

Archived