Everyone should be able to loot gold.

Lyslia

Just now, LordLokai said:

that loot system is core reason i cant get into any kind of serious PvE i just refuse to let gold decide who gets what items and i will keep fighting for a need/greed system

Once you get the hang of it it's not a problem at all really. It's just got a learning curve. You need to know how not to bait the people who will scum you over.

2 minutes ago, Sykess said:

Once you get the hang of it it's not a problem at all really. It's just got a learning curve. You need to know how not to bait the people who will scum you over.

you are missing the point not that i dont understand how it works, i find the entire system distasteful it caters to the wealthy, and allows people to " buy power " with in game currency. I do not like the idea and i wont support the system in anyway, at present i'm leveling alts and seeing how things end up later on, and praying a need/greed system comes our way. If not i'll probably just have to be satisfied dueling my friends, and occasional pvp because i just cant stand the system, i am THAT against it, i will not use it, it isn't fair to everyone, and is always someone that has an unfair advantage over everyone else.

its a shit system end of story. 

Just now, LordLokai said:

you are missing the point not that i dont understand how it works, i find the entire system distasteful it caters to the wealthy, and allows people to " buy power " with in game currency. I do not like the idea and i wont support the system in anyway, at present i'm leveling alts and seeing how things end up later on, and praying a need/greed system comes our way. If not i'll probably just have to be satisfied dueling my friends, and occasional pvp because i just cant stand the system, i am THAT against it, i will not use it, it isn't fair to everyone, and is always someone that has an unfair advantage over everyone else.

No, you're missing the point. This person is willing to put down more of his time and effort compared to you. So he's willing to bid higher. If you want items without fighting, it's simple. You run with friends or clan.

The only place where this system fails is that it allows people to be scummy and bid you up.

It's just like buying an item from the market vs. grinding it out. Are you down to give up your money so you don't have to waste a ton of time?

It'd be a shit system if the persons bid just went *poof* into the ether, but instead YOU get their money. Now YOU'RE the one with the buy power.

20 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

that loot system is core reason i cant get into any kind of serious PvE i just refuse to let gold decide who gets what items and i will keep fighting for a need/greed system

Edit

on topic not that they drop alot BUT its additional amount of income you would earn over time, might help pay for some of lesser items along the way, REAL problem right now is even basic items cost so much cash it cuts into your daily rewards pretty heftily. You cant just rely on dailys to get you buy, eventually you will run out of food, and health potions and be forced to buy them, and they aren't cheap it could take an entire days profits just to load yourself back up. Everything in the game is run by Gold and it is not a good thing... some people are going to run out of food and potions and end up penniless and unable to do much since be waiting for ages between fights do to regen being so poor. 

The game has some serious lost in translation issues, basically what flies in korea doesnt fly here, and if the devs are not willing to modify the game slightly to suit a western audience, then it will slowly fall to the wayside save the die hard fans. 

and the sad part is that it took them several years to bring it here.... only to have their audience dislike their decisions LOL

they ought to hire seasoned MMO players as part of their development team

1 minute ago, ShadowVlican said:

and the sad part is that it took them several years to bring it here.... only to have their audience dislike their decisions LOL

they ought to hire seasoned MMO players as part of their development team

my bigger fear is that they will not be willing to make subtle changes for the western demographic its been proven time and time again that a straight up asian MMO does not translate well to NA, things they enjoy we do not. Things they accept we are not so willing to let slide... this is a prime example of them not willing to learn about the demograph before launching it, and NCsoft is just as much to blame as they are. 

2 hours ago, LordLokai said:

I, respectfully, disagree. I like this system, it's intuitive and helpful in the sense that it keeps the wealth moving instead of stagnating more than some other MMOs. You want an item, you bid on it till you're no longer comfortable bidding. If you get it, great! If you don't you still win (to an extent)! You now have more purchasing power to fight back for a higher bid or for gold related needs. It gives a player a lot more power over getting an item than another pure luck RNG system like a need or greed. Besides, a smart player can game this system and make a killing against those wealthy people that are willing to dole out the cash for cosmetics that drop in a dungeon (a cosmetic you can easily farm by doing a premade group if you so need).

I made almost 1g 50s in two Temple of Exiles runs because people are obsessed with getting Infernal costumes. Might not seem like much to some, but considering that I was around 20-30 silver going in that's a killer. Imagine what you can do with more runs and more rare costumes?

As for other items like healing potions and food, why not craft your own and consume the crated goods and sell what you don't use to further generate revenue?

Edit* Just went and looked, 450 Dumplings are 1g 17s on Mushin at the moment. Gosh, I'm going to blow through so fast I won't be able to afford keeping up with my rate of consumption!

every member has the right to earn gold from farming monster not only premium member worth this benefits cause its not benefit at all , every game that Ncsoft has like Aion , Lineage 2 , earn gold from mobs normaly , not like a premium member ! This is not benefit ! Keep that in mind and thanks

I dont know what free players expect us to get. It's like 50 copper every fifth mob. While doing a quest that says "kill 10 mobs" we get 1 silver... and the quest gives us 20 silver. Also, there is sooo many way more efficient ways to make money that you wont never ever ever grind mobs for money.

Also, i doubt that free players dont get money at all. You most likely just dont realise it because it feels like nothing - as does it for premium players. These threads are laughable and a joke. I wouldnt have a problem with them deleting money drops from premium or from the whole game alltogehter just to stop these flamers lol. Or just buy yourself premium for a week and then come back and tell us how much money you grinded .. lol.

Everytime i see one of these threads it feels like the dude who opened it is like level 10 and has 1 silver and thinks that averaging 10 copper per mob would make him rich because he has no clue that you dont earn any more until mid to late 30's.

I just bought premium membership mostly cause I'm enjoying the game and want to help support it. I'm currently lvl 35 KFM and while killing monsters for around my level I get around 14 copper.

While I do understand everyone has the right to earn in game money. But you got to keep in mind if non premium account's earned money just by killing monsters. That would make it a lot more easy for gold spammers to earn money. You would see bot's running around a area camping monsters just for the money they give.

It's not that hard to earn money even as a non premium account. Just get a few pickaxes which you should have some if you did not throw them away OR sold them.  Just go out and mine for quartz it's a good way to make money. On the Gunma server viridian quartz is selling for around 4 silver each on the marketplace. 

The currency drop as a premium is really good end game, but it's not hard to make money w/out premium. Doing the same dailies you'll probably just be a couple gold/silver short of premium members. 

Its kinda strange that the currency is only for paying players (first MMO I've seen so this), but it doesn't horribly affect or hinder anyone in any way. 

5 hours ago, Lyslia said:

I have never in my life seen looting currency from mobs locked behind a paywall. NCSOFT seriously this is gonna bite you guys back in the ass fix it!

i have never in my life seen a player foolish of this level not thinking of what the bots could do with the bonus gold if it was lootable.

Simply put the Money Drops are a way for NCSOFT to say Thanks for supporting the game with YOUR money here you can now earn a little extra money in game as a thank you for making it possible to keep the game running. Now can someone explain to me how NCSOFT rewarding you for your support is unfair compared to a player who contributes nothing but wants everything ?

well , im free player , i have 91 silvers after does a buck of stuff at lvl 45 and ... i have no complain about mob doesn't drop copper ...

premium reach the dead end equip early, that only make them bored with game or spending all days pvp when i can enjoy the poor trader life for long long time , treasure every coppers i made, checking market every hour, 

you don't even understand it . the thrill of being free people , live in freedom of spend to their last copper!

man reading these post is gonna give me cancer. Are we as americans so full of our selves that you guys are making these post seriously and not just troll posts. People seriously need to grow up. You dont get every thing handed to you. PLZ for the love of god stop acting like spoiled kids and grow a pair! unless your a female that would be kinda of strange to grow but yeh!

6 hours ago, LordLokai said:

my bigger fear is that they will not be willing to make subtle changes for the western demographic its been proven time and time again that a straight up asian MMO does not translate well to NA, things they enjoy we do not. Things they accept we are not so willing to let slide... this is a prime example of them not willing to learn about the demograph before launching it, and NCsoft is just as much to blame as they are. 

TERA translated just fine, and once it went F2P every patch was tweaked JUST for the NA audience and that's why it took so long to get patches done because they were made special for NA as compared to other regions that got the same thing as KR. But I doubt NCSoft cares to do something like that even though they're partnered with KR development team for B&S.

7 hours ago, ctrlshiftesc said:

Lol ive been premium for 7 days just to avoid the long ques, nope doesnt drop gold from mobs, just coppers haha

LOL ikr I would like this "gold" drop..

I never make crap from killing mobs, but I do make a bit from quests/dungeons/world bosses can f2p not get gold/items from any of those, because that is the main way to make gold.....not from farming crap mobs...

Archived