Everyone should be able to loot gold.

Lyslia

11 minutes ago, Dalamar6 said:

Wait... mobs drop gold for premium? I thought it was +30% at most??

Most F2P games have gold/exp boosts for paying customers. Much larger than 30%.

Lol ive been premium for 7 days just to avoid the long ques, nope doesnt drop gold from mobs, just coppers haha

LOL! Do some research!
From all my time (as premium member) I've made less than 40-50 silver. That's less than the reward from one quest at e-fleet.
Thinking about it, fixing the weapon after killing all those thousands of mobs probably cost 50x this amount.

You get just a few copper from every mob. You will have to bring down billions of mobs, but you will have to repair your weapon more often.

I assume that OP was referring to the enemies dropping money. You know, most MMO's consider it gold, not copper yada yada. If you are not premium, then you don't really get anything dropped until a little after jadestone, except rarely. If you are premium, you get 100% currency from mob drops. 

Increased Gold Earned from Combat

0%

100%

That was taken from the premium page. 0% was for free to play. The 100% is for premium rank one. Rank 10 get 150% more if I remember correctly.

Honestly, it isn't a big deal, but it does help quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Lyslia said:

I have never in my life seen looting currency from mobs locked behind a paywall. NCSOFT seriously this is gonna bite you guys back in the ass fix it!

While the amount you get isn't something to turn your nose up at, it's NOWHERE close to "Gold" from mobs. At best I'll get around 50 copper a kill while soloing in E. Fleet Supply which is a level 45 zone. As I was leveling I didn't get much anything in the way of drops as a premium until around level 35ish. Don't worry about it. Your major money makers are your dailies you get access to at a higher level that everyone can do.

4 minutes ago, IntX said:

LOL! Do some research!
From all my time (as premium member) I've made less than 40-50 silver. That's less than the reward from one quest at e-fleet.
Thinking about it, fixing the weapon after killing all those thousands of mobs probably cost 50x this amount.

You get just a few copper from every mob. You will have to bring down billions of mobs, but you will have to repair your weapon more often.

You're lowballing it a bit. You can get some decent copper provided you're not in a large party all the time.

1 minute ago, KashraFall said:

I assume that OP was referring to the enemies dropping money. You know, most MMO's consider it gold, not copper yada yada. If you are not premium, then you don't really get anything dropped until a little after jadestone, except rarely. If you are premium, you get 100% currency from mob drops. 

Increased Gold Earned from Combat

0%

100%

That was taken from the premium page. 0% was for free to play. The 100% is for premium rank one. Rank 10 get 150% more if I remember correctly.

Honestly, it isn't a big deal, but it does help quite a bit.

Premiums don't get jack until after Jadestone as well.

7 minutes ago, IntX said:

LOL! Do some research!

Mobs outside of dungeons drop more, because of party loot share also shares 3 copper to you. Had a mob somewhere drop 38 copper, so change all depends on how much we want to be earning in dungeons compared to the current rate. Every item NPCs to 1 copper.

And I have never seen in my life an MMO where you bid on gear with money and that money is distributed to those that didn't get the item.

I've made quite a fair bit of silver today (over 1gs worth) from a few runs in Tomb of Exiles because some costume items dropped. Add that to money you pull in from the marketplace and it's not hard to make a a nice bit of cash if you're putting your mind into it.

Just now, SoraMecta said:

And I have never seen in my life an MMO where you bid on gear with money and that money is distributed to those that didn't get the item.

I've made quite a fair bit of silver today (over 1gs worth) from a few runs in Tomb of Exiles because some costume items dropped. Add that to money you pull in from the marketplace and it's not hard to make a a nice bit of cash if you're putting your mind into it.

I was initially resistant to the idea of the Auction item distribution, however it's growing on me. It's brutal when you're new and don't have gold for the items you want, and it DEFINITELY incites players to be scummy, however it's an interesting change.

2 minutes ago, Brainy said:

Farming mobs is not viable to make gold. If mobs drop between 20-30c (which they rarely do), then you need to kill 300-500 mobs for 1 gold. I don't think anyone in their right mind would do that.

Legions of bots.

2 minutes ago, LordLokai said:

cash drops are locked behind a paywall ONLY premium get any kind of cash rewards dropped from mobs what so ever, its a very weird system that is very shady. 

I'm hesitant to say this is correct. Else how would the bots (which aren't premium) make all their gold from farming that one dungeon?

Just now, Brainy said:

Well, that's a completely different issue. Bots are are not people and they would do anything to farm gold. Besides, they most likely don't use premium anyway.

they usually go for the cheap 1week prem and if theyre lucky they dont get booted before they give the money away

1 minute ago, Brainy said:

Well, that's a completely different issue. Bots are are not people and they would do anything to farm gold. Besides, they most likely don't use premium anyway.

I'm just putting it out there that it's a method people could use. It's not the most efficent (due to low C drops.) However it IS doable. Even without premium.

19 minutes ago, Sykess said:

I was initially resistant to the idea of the Auction item distribution, however it's growing on me. It's brutal when you're new and don't have gold for the items you want, and it DEFINITELY incites players to be scummy, however it's an interesting change.

that loot system is core reason i cant get into any kind of serious PvE i just refuse to let gold decide who gets what items and i will keep fighting for a need/greed system

Edit

on topic not that they drop alot BUT its additional amount of income you would earn over time, might help pay for some of lesser items along the way, REAL problem right now is even basic items cost so much cash it cuts into your daily rewards pretty heftily. You cant just rely on dailys to get you buy, eventually you will run out of food, and health potions and be forced to buy them, and they aren't cheap it could take an entire days profits just to load yourself back up. Everything in the game is run by Gold and it is not a good thing... some people are going to run out of food and potions and end up penniless and unable to do much since be waiting for ages between fights do to regen being so poor. 

The game has some serious lost in translation issues, basically what flies in korea doesnt fly here, and if the devs are not willing to modify the game slightly to suit a western audience, then it will slowly fall to the wayside save the die hard fans. 

Archived