Everything sells for 1 Copper... is this even fair?

Aldath

Hey guys, new to BnS. Started yesterday and so far I'm loving the plot and game mechanics, completely addicted to game

However, I noticed how unfair the economy seems to be for free players, since monsters do not drop any gold, salvaging items seems to give you something useful about 1% of the time and as I said on the topic's name, even the rare items sell for only 1 gold when stuff as basic as potions costs 5 Silver...

I've never seen such unfair tactics on a MMO, considering even as a free player on others I could at least enjoy basic item services with in-game currencies. I'm afraid of how this game is gonna turn out for free players later on...

another silly things about merchants, why are there even fashion merchants? THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME level 1 faction doboks lol. there is absolutely no reason xD they could simply put a faction merchant in every town. I expect a fashion merchant that says stuff like "we have the latest fashion" to have something beyond what EVERY OTHER fashion merchant in the world has.

When I looked up outfit location for blade and soul I actually seen from link that some NPC sold nice looking outfits, they were like 50g and 100g ones. Thing is that's probably not coming to us but we have to cross our fingers gotta have those money sinks some where. 

5 minutes ago, Negaimu said:

another silly things about merchants, why are there even fashion merchants? THEY ALL HAVE THE SAME level 1 faction doboks lol. there is absolutely no reason xD they could simply put a faction merchant in every town. I expect a fashion merchant that says stuff like "we have the latest fashion" to have something beyond what EVERY OTHER fashion merchant in the world has.

That IS the latest fashion!

DUH!

Its to prevent high lvls from farming low lvl dgns for quick money, yeah they could ad the thing where high lvls cant get stuff from low lvl mobs

But sometimes doing dgns I might see an occasional 45 just wanting to help make it a fast run, so i'm sure the generous and the plzcarryme would be upset that even if it was a fast dgn they don't get jack shit for it. XD

Just now, BestWaifu said:

Its to prevent high lvls from farming low lvl dgns for quick money, yeah they could ad the thing where high lvls cant get stuff from low lvl mobs

But sometimes doing dgns I might see an occasional 45 just wanting to help make it a fast run, so i'm sure the generous and the plzcarryme would be upset that even if it was a fast dgn they don't get jack shit for it. XD

Huh, I always thought it was to promote people into using the marketplace more often for things that aren't trash items like weapons and stuff.

1 minute ago, Sparkytart said:

Huh, I always thought it was to promote people into using the marketplace more often for things that aren't trash items like weapons and stuff.

Unless you want to craft expensive ass unsealing and resealing charms. dgn drops cant be traded without resealing them. So its a waste to farm blight weapons and sell to lowbies.

Also yeah what roc basically said, gold bots are already lvl 45 and farming, wouldnt want to encourage players waste lvling up a 45 alt just to farm gold from mob drops.

On 1/30/2016 at 1:57 AM, rocdog said:

That would work a LOT better, except there's one problem.
90% of the items in game CAN'T BE TRADED! (Which is flat out freaking retarded in my honest opinion.

You state that items vendor for 1c to reduce botting.  I call complete and utter BS on that. 

You want to know the real reason?  I'll give it to you.

In this game there are over 3000 different items, in the database it would look something like this for each item:

Number of item in database
Item Name
Classes that can use it
What type of item it is (Axe, Sword, etc.)
Number of Sockets by default
Number of Unlockable Sockets
Main Stat 1 (HP, Defense, Block, etc.)
Main Stat 1 Value (Number of actual stat bonus)
Main Stat 2
Main Stat 2 Value
Modifier Stat 1
Modifier Stat 1 Value
Modifier Stat 2
Modifier Stat 2 Value
Is Offering (1, or 0 for Boolean Yes or no)
What type of "offering" (Weapon, or Acessory, etc.)
Offering Pre-requisite (what item number would be needed if "Is Offering" is set to 1)
Item Offering Stat (The base value for how much "exp" it will give your item on upgrade.)
DMG (Base Damage Stat)
Is Tradeable (True or false)
Vendor Price in copper
Item Tooltip Information Linkage (If they use a different Database table for Item tooltip information then this would reference this items individual ID in that table.
The Item Tooltip Information table would have information such as:
Obtainable Location Text
"Help" text (just general item information regarding it.)

The Auction house will automatically propagate all of it's pricing information based off of market trends, that is if the developers are very smart) and will not require any interaction, so they did save themselves some time on that one.

The code for the item to be put into the database (If they're using MySQL) would look something like this:

INSERT INTO `items` VALUES ('12345', 'ITEM NAME HERE', 'Force Master', '3', '2', '2', '156', '200', '157', '25', '56', '50', '51', '50', '1', '2', '12344', '25', '155', '1', '1', 'Obtainable from The Golden Deva');
INSERT INTO `vendor` VALUES ('60000', '60000', '1', '0', '0');

So anyways, the reason I say it's BS that people claim it's an "anti-bot measure" is because it is.  The vendor price value being set the same across every single item is simply put pure laziness.  had they not designed the game to be as dynamic as it is on an item basis then they would not have had this problem.

The database table layout I provided is a VERY minimal view of what it could look like.  There are items in this game with FAR more stat bonuses than two, and also different sub-bonuses that get activated based off what's merged with the item, or how it upgrades.  Simply put I don't think it was done as a means to prevent anything besides more time spent developing the game they'd decided they had made far too difficult to maintain.

If the items are tradeable I wouldn't want to sell them to the merchant unless they've been so undercut there's no sense in paying for market fees.  That however has nothing to do with the countless items that aren't tradeable, and aren't worth selling.  

The item problem is straight stupid.  There are items that aren't even needed that you can't even TRASH!  You HAVE to keep them in your bank, or inventory taking up what limited space you have as a free player, and I'm not going to spend money every month just to unlock bag slots.  I'd do it for perks, and to support the team, but I'm not going to do it because they're trying to force me to.  I'd rather have just paid for the game than be treated like an ignorant child that doesn't know how to make his own financial decisions by a corporate greed scheme.

Yes its stupid that everything venders for 1 copper its even more dumb when you factor in that the entire game is run on gold... dailys later on give a decent amount BUT that is really only way to earn gold outside of farming quartz/making refiners and transformation gems. They items vender price just needs to scale with the items level... if people want to farm/vender items they should get something THOUGH i'd argue that later on, you'll want as much powder as you can muster which, give it some time and i think it will sell at decent prices. 

Eventually things get up to about 4-5 copper (I know, how will you ever spend it all?) but honestly once you reach endgame the money you get from quests is enough. I was pretty annoyed at first, but I don't mind as much, it even makes it easier to toss out junk instead of vendoring it because I know I'm not losing anything of value. It would be nice if vendor prices were reasonable, but eventually you don't even notice it.

The real problem is that items from vendors are hugely expensive, and while players can craft pretty much any consumable you'd need, everyone is selling things for even higher than vendor costs (unsealing charm in marketplace is 50c to 1s higher than vendor cost, for example). Dumplings for 5s is pretty insane when it is far far far more cost effective to farm mid level dungeons for drops than it is to spend the money on them.

Archived