Please add "Last Seen Online" for sorting to Clan and Friend List

TheElementalFlow

Like the title says, I believe we need an option to sort your friend and clan list by Last Seen Online so that you can keep your friend list active as well as keep clans active.

Honestly this is a fantastic idea that should be implemented along with a log of donations/clan vault. This would help tremendously!

I also agree, it would be nice to get a log of who donated and how much total so far. An achievement for a certain amount donated to the clan would be a good incentive for new players to donate to the clan as well.

1 minute ago, TheElementalFlow said:

Like the title says, I believe we need an option to sort your friend and clan list by Last Seen Online so that you can keep your friend list active as well as keep clans active.

Great idea! Thanks, TheElementalFlow. We'll consider it for future game updates.

17 minutes ago, Sarumonin said:

Honestly this is a fantastic idea that should be implemented along with a log of donations/clan vault. This would help tremendously!

I actually really like this idea and think it would help clans contribute more instead of just having leechers in the clan who ask for help without contributing anything.

3 hours ago, Whimsicalalien said:

There should be "last seen on" displayed on the character info page.

no not like this Whim, because then is il take many time for check player by player for seen when they was last online,

i think is just best for can see in friendsliest and clanlist next to the name when they was last online, would be mutch easyer

• 2 weeks later...

Bump.

My clan leader tends to'remove 'inactives', but they have no way of knowing whether or not the player is inactive. They just go off of who they see online when they're on.

Leader also complains about me/others not being active even though I'm on ~8 hours a day, just not always on when leader is.

And again, leader acts like I don't contribute even though I've donated a good share of what's in clan. Again, not always when leader is on nor do I proclaim "I donated the things!"

Getting kinda tired of this. Leader is nice and I like my clan mates, but when it's implied I don't do shit or I'm not active I just feel like saying screw clans.

we must have this things the clan tab badly needs a huge improvement, how can 60+ people in a clan dont have this suggestions. Are you guys playing solo!!!

I cant even tell if that clan crafting is one time gathering to open up that item. and where the heck do i put it to unlock? i know it requires people with crafting skill level. this sucks though! just the clan tab as it is sucks!! make some improvement!!

• 3 weeks later...

This! It would be nice to have this implented on bns. It makes it easier to see who was last logged in and who is inactive that haven't logged in for awhile/long time (for example: [insert name here] last logged in 2 days ago, 3 weeks ago, 18 hours ago, etc) like in Guild Wars 2. If anyone played gw2, you know what im talking about xD

• 1 month later...

I really need this feature in right now.

Like... need this to be patched RIGHT NOW!

As a clan leader, I cannot determine who is just "eating up" space in the clan.

Since, you only have a limited amount of people in a single clan.

I must resort to kicking some inactive members.

But that's just the thing, unless I stay online 24/7 and manually log each and every member,

there's no way of accurately knowing who is active and who isn't.

I really do not want to kick some people who have made donations to the clan depot, but how could I keep track?

One more thing. I'm really happy that there is a separate chat for Clan Management,

but there is no place to write management notes on clan members.

A short space to keep notes on each member would be nice.

(example: <member's name> - "so-and-so's" Alt) or.. (<member's name> - gone for holidays over the summer and will not be online for 2 months)

I mean, just keeping notes exclusive for clan managers would be an enormous help.

I know I need these features and its urgent!

And I'm sure that many others would love to have these features in the game.

• 3 months later...

The friendslist really needs sorting, its still showing them as online even long after they  have logged off, and stays like this until you close your client completely, so you are constantly thinking people are online when they are not.

• 1 year later...

I agree that these would be helpful features, but it also boils down to how any structure of clan leadership decides what criteria they want to use to determine who stays and who goes, amongst members. Instead of being lazy with socializing and mingling, leadership would already have an idea of who is and isn't online often if they'd actually lead their clan instead of letting low donation numbers in a log or a "last seen online" label do all the work for them. The "notes" addition someone else mentioned would help with this, so he/she and the rest of leadership can see notes like "Away for two months - don't kick!", etc..

I'm only saying that SOME clan leaders can be lazy like that. If you're not going to take the time to LEAD your clan, you're just collecting bodies to fill your roster. Get to know your people even just a little bit, and you'll have a general idea of their play schedules. You can't say you don't have a minute or two to spare on a single person every once in a while. If you're willing to organize things a little and make a simple website or Discord account for your clan, you can make it so people can post  general schedules of when they can and can't play. It just depends on how serious your clan is with this sort of thing. To narrow it down to raid activities, the raiding group would have to communicate a little over who can definitely make such scheduled appointments, with low probabilities of failing to do so. One new officer in a clan I was in years ago didn't know everyone and kicked me for being away for a week, while I was at a "management seminar" for work, and this meant being out of town and not on the game for the week. This person used the "last seen online" label to kick me out, and I was a veteran member who paid for a lot of our clan resources out of my own pocket. I'm also not the kind of person to proclaim and flaunt how much I donate or announce when I do so to clan resources, so this person had no idea who I was and no idea he was kicking out the clan leader's ALT. lol 

Anyway, I just want to say that I agree that these "tools" would be good to have added to BNS, but I'm hoping most people use them only as GUIDES in clan roster management.

Bank tellers are supposed to count cash by hand and only use counting machines as a means to check their counts, by running money through 2-3 times. If you run the money a second time but your count is different from the first time, you run it a third time. If you're unsure, you do it additional times until you are satisfied that your count is 100% accurate. Some bank employees use the machine once and that's it. The blind "faith" in the machine, as if human error could never possibly occur, and the laziness to check their work sometimes and often times leads to dumb mistakes that could've easily been prevented. The result can lose someone their job, or in an mmorpg's case, a spot in a clan that may or may not deserve the company of a potentially wonderful companion.^^;

definitely need a last seen online system and a clan logger system-- to see who started item crafting in clan workshop, to the donations etc

also, from playing other games that have a guild/clan system that shows who has donated and such, made me feel much more likely to donate 

semi-off topic: 

also making it easier to get items for clan crafting (there are mats only available in the HM store, i feel like that says a lot of NCSoft if they wont even make it grindable lol) i'm fine w grinding for items for BNS but i dont like being forced to open my wallet for an item 

Archived