RNG fail (intentionally not getting the weapon is needed for your class)

Cooley

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, PandaTakeOver said:

LMAO, First of all that is not a dragon, he is a giant fish lord.(His name is Hujikar) Also I didn't use any moonwater keys and got it on my 5th normal key open.

maxresdefault.jpg

fish or dragon; who gives a *cricket*.  my point still stands *cricket*

22 hours ago, PandaTakeOver said:

LMAO, First of all that is not a dragon, he is a giant fish lord.(His name is Hujikar) Also I didn't use any moonwater keys and got it on my 5th normal key open.

maxresdefault.jpg

I hit lvl 45 and fought this boss from time to time and spent about 50+ keys on the chest he drops, and I still didnt receive my dagger, riperino.

This thread is filled with confirmation bias.

Only on my summoner did I need a couple more tries, but I eventually got what I needed.

Same with outfits - I got 2 on a row for character a) after less than 10 tries, and needed nearly 30 to get 1 for character b).

Ironically, perhaps I'm the one with confirmation bias and RNG is indeed rigged.

When I saw this thread, I immediately said to myself "This guy has not played Vindictus at all." You will never know what horrible RNG is until you played that game. I had a few fail attempts getting my gear here in BnS but I finally did it within a week. In vindictus, you literally take months to get proper gear in order for you not to get kicked from boats (raids). Try that, then come back here and try to complain.

Not sure if anyone said this yet, but every case of bad RNG is actually perfectly reasonable. With over a million people playing this game (a good percentage are botters/spammers, but just for argument sake), I have no doubt that there are equally many people who had amazing luck as those who had terrible luck, as well as every case in between. Those who were lucky with their boxes usually don't think twice about it, but those who open 30/40/50+ boxes can easily become frustrated enough to vent on the forums. You see this kind of stuff with every RNG-related game mechanic in MMOs.

That said, I don't know if the RNG is rigged against your class. NC will never release their stats. People just need to not get all worked up when things like bad RNG happens, because they inevitably will. 

2 minutes ago, Darkshana said:

They say its fair random chance but a lot of people always say the class they are using always drop the least amounts of time.

Wouldn't be too surprised since its a good way to increase key sale.

This is just the way people respond to RNG. When you get your item quickly, you forget entirely about that moment. When your luck is bad and you take forever to get yours, it gets ingrained in memory and people complain about it. Luck is luck, and NCSoft has already confirmed the chances for every weapon are equal.

Just now, Tomoyo said:

This is just the way people respond to RNG. When you get your item quickly, you forget entirely about that moment. When your luck is bad and you take forever to get yours, it gets ingrained in memory and people complain about it. Luck is luck, and NCSoft has already confirmed the chances for every weapon are equal.

It may or may not be true. All I know is my BM must have ran over a leprechaun or something. Every box gives the weapon in one drop.

Its just bad luck lol.. people always talk like they are the only person playing this game. i have had  a few bad luck spells but have had way more good luck than bad with rng boxes. this is a FREE game you expect every little thing to be handed to you. there has to be some padding here and there and usually its rng. just leave the game if it makes you rage that much.

On 5.2.2016 at 9:28 AM, Khelagh said:

hey man i have like nine golden deva lynblades, and two or three of every other class's weapons - four or five warlock daggers! everything, except, you know. kfm fists. which is what i need. fml. 

So why exactly didn't you buy a brilliant cinderlands key from the auction house ?

They are around 10 silver on my server atm.

23 hours ago, tet666 said:

So why exactly didn't you buy a brilliant cinderlands key from the auction house ?

They are around 10 silver on my server atm.

i love you and your stupid face, i had no idea those keys could be sold in the market place!!! 

On 1/29/2016 at 1:20 AM, Cooley said:

This game is a joke when it comes to RNG and it's seriously getting on my nerves! I'm close to leave the game coz of this...

I've spent 4 hours to farm golden deva essences for the wheel. I got about 30 weapon chests, used up all my keys for those and guess what... I have at least 2 pieces of every type of weapons, even the warlock's dagger which class isn't even in the game right now and not a single freakin lynblade (I'm a BD)!! Don't try to tell me it's bad luck! I guess it's intentional to make players pay for the game...

And I think I'm not the only one who wants to leave the game coz of this...

I would have some sympathy if it was Pinchy. But it's damn Deva.

On 2/6/2016 at 8:21 AM, Emil Lindis said:

I hit lvl 45 and fought this boss from time to time and spent about 50+ keys on the chest he drops, and I still didnt receive my dagger, riperino.

That's why you save your Brilliant Hongmoon Moonwater Key (survey item). I learned it the hard way.

The very first key we needed for a weapon used up all my keys, up to having only 2 left. Then, i got all the weapons between 2-8 tries.

As for the RNG - I will tell all of you who are complaining something interesting. There was a time when the 'Random' option in MP3's playlists were really random. What am I talking about? Yup! They aren't random anymore! Guess why? Because people were compalining that the truly random setting was fixed to play songs of some authors more than the others. Duh, obviously it will work like that! It's RNG! Unless you do over 10 000 tries with the ~10 possibilities you have, there is a fair possibility of not reaching the 12.5% result - even more so with the 40-50 tries people do. Well, now what do you want - that the boxes will be truly RNG (as they are now), or fixed like the random playlists (even those from youtube!) to not repear the same result too many times within small amount of tries?

I personally think it's fine as it is now. But that's my opinion... Well, that's about everything i wanted to say~

On 5.02.2016 г. at 10:14 AM, PandaTakeOver said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Is this minecraft ? o.0

My wife openned between 40-50 profane something chest...  one of the weapons stacked 7 units... but it took forever to pick the Staff...  so yes, the odd to get your own weapon is way lower than anything else

i dont understand why most of the players wants to get everything so fast... i know that rng can be a total Bi*ch sometimes, but if you will get it right away you will get bored soon and complain that theres nothing to do... Work hard, play even harder and once you will get it it will feel so much more rewarding than if you would have got it in few boxes...

Archived