RNG fail (intentionally not getting the weapon is needed for your class)

Cooley

This game is a joke when it comes to RNG and it's seriously getting on my nerves! I'm close to leave the game coz of this...

I've spent 4 hours to farm golden deva essences for the wheel. I got about 30 weapon chests, used up all my keys for those and guess what... I have at least 2 pieces of every type of weapons, even the warlock's dagger which class isn't even in the game right now and not a single freakin lynblade (I'm a BD)!! Don't try to tell me it's bad luck! I guess it's intentional to make players pay for the game...

And I think I'm not the only one who wants to leave the game coz of this...

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Cooley said:

This game is a joke when it comes to RNG and it's seriously getting on my nerves! I'm close to leave the game coz of this...

I've spent 4 hours to farm golden deva essences for the wheel. I got about 30 weapon chests, used up all my keys for those and guess what... I have at least 2 pieces of every type of weapons, even the warlock's dagger which class isn't even in the game right now and not a single freakin lynblade (I'm a BD)!! Don't try to tell me it's bad luck! I guess it's intentional to make players pay for the game...

I've been keeping track on my summoner.  15 boxes, no staff.  I have at least 1 of every other class weapon, but not the staff.  You'd figure that each class weapon has a ~14.3% chance to come from a box, but if this trend continues for my summoner it shows that the RNG is skewed towards all weapons but your class.  Basically, they're trying to make us burn up our keys instead of being fair.

I agree, i spent a lot of time at the golden deva too, i used probably over 50 essences. i also ended up with over 2 of everything before getting my gauntlets. Now i understand that RNG is a *cricket* and thats life, i think what makes this whole situation worse is the need for keys and charms, this is the biggest revenue scam i have seen in a f2p game in a long time. There should be no need for charms or keys to unlock chests/weapons. its hard enough getting them when you are spammed with about 10 full soul shield sets.

Lmao.... This is an MMO. You are meant to grind in an mmo to get the things you want. Everything in this game is reasonably attainable if you work for it. Stop crying because you had to work for it. If you are running out of charms before end games you are wasting them on too much junk. (same with keys) Get a grip on yourself and your spending habits in game before complaining plz. Thankz

2 minutes ago, PandaTakeOver said:

Lmao.... This is an MMO. You are meant to grind in an mmo to get the things you want. Everything in this game is reasonably attainable if you work for it. Stop crying because you had to work for it. If you are running out of charms before end games you are wasting them on too much junk. (same with keys) Get a grip on yourself and your spending habits in game before complaining plz. Thankz

There is no problem with spending some time to get something, there is problem with unfair gameplay to make ppl pay! It's far from reasonable that you have 12.5% chance to get something and you don't get it out of 30 tries. And not I'm the only one with this "bad luck". Imho trying to get the only weapon you can upgrade with is can not be called wasting...

2 minutes ago, Cooley said:

There is no problem with spending some time to get something, there is problem with unfair gameplay to make ppl pay! It's far from reasonable that you have 12.5% chance to get something and you don't get it out of 30 tries. And not I'm the only one with this "bad luck". Imho trying to get the only weapon you can upgrade with is can not be called wasting...

They are not making you pay anything and there is no bad luck system and here is why. You can TRADE ALL BLUE WEAPONS so trade all those other class weapons to someone who has yours, ALL PURPLE WEAPONS ARE DUNGEON DROPS So get some friends and jump in the dungeon where you need that weapon.(if you two man this there is a 50% chance your wep drops)

9 minutes ago, PandaTakeOver said:

They are not making you pay anything and there is no bad luck system and here is why. You can TRADE ALL BLUE WEAPONS so trade all those other class weapons to someone who has yours, ALL PURPLE WEAPONS ARE DUNGEON DROPS So get some friends and jump in the dungeon where you need that weapon.(if you two man this there is a 50% chance your wep drops)

And what's up with the golden deva weapons could you tell me? Please read carefully the first post before trying to be a smartass! Thanks!

1 hour ago, Cooley said:

Hi Cooley,

Sorry it's taking you so long to get the weapon you're looking for. Unfortunately this is not actually a bug. Therefore I moved your thread out of Bug Reports and into General Discussion.

37 minutes ago, Cooley said:

And what's up with the golden deva weapons could you tell me? Please read carefully the first post before trying to be a smartass! Thanks!

IF you read my first post I am talking about that exactly.(learn to farm) My other post was a reply to you saying the world is unfair.

bad luck. It happens I got my blight weapon instantly for upgrade. chose to buy my corrupted for market for 2s off of player 

deva 4 bangles 4 daggers 2 lynblades 2 axes later i got my staff it happens I didn't mind the farming though got costumes and such for me and cat out of it 

Wait till u r 45, my day pretty much is like that: do dailies for keys, after that do Brightstone Ruins till u can't no more since u'll need a weapon for upgrade from there and the merry potters secret technic which is a rare drop (not forgetting about the people changing loot options)...  

22 minutes ago, TalonShina said:

bad luck. It happens I got my blight weapon instantly for upgrade. chose to buy my corrupted for market for 2s off of player 

deva 4 bangles 4 daggers 2 lynblades 2 axes later i got my staff it happens I didn't mind the farming though got costumes and such for me and cat out of it 

Could I get one of the Bangles pls Dx

It's just bad luck, sadly. I got my stalker and my plague weapon on my first try, now I'm trying to get corrupted from the Darkglimpse and I literally have 1 copy of every other class sitting in my inventory XD Gotta keep at it

3 minutes ago, Shar said:

It's just bad luck, sadly. I got my stalker and my plague weapon on my first try, now I'm trying to get corrupted from the Darkglimpse and I literally have 1 copy of every other class sitting in my inventory XD Gotta keep at it

When u run out of keys man xD

if i had to guess... they intentionally nerf your class weapons drop rate because they want you to BUY the key that gives you your class weapon... hence why that key is a terrible idea in general... because we cant trust NCsoft to not rig the rng.

Theoretically, you can fail a 99% more than 5 times a row, or success with 1% for 8 times straight. So just because your luck was not in your favor, it does not mean there is some thing wrong mechanically.

This should have been taught in your trigonometry class.

The RNG is rigged in this game.  It's RNG is based on your class, from chests your class weapon will probably have like 3-5% chance of dropping, while weapons for other classes will drop by the bucket load.  This happens at all stages and there is a pattern, not some random 1 weapon thing.

Everytime you need to have an evolve weapon or breakthrough weapon from a chest this crap happens.  Yesterday I tried to get profane weapon for blade master and guess what, I got atleast 4x weapon of EVERY SINGLE OTHER CLASS INCLUDING WARLOCK, but 0 for mine.  Same crap happened at all the previous evolution iterations too.  It's so NCsoft can promote selling their blue keys.

12 minutes ago, Elfae said:

Theoretically, you can fail a 99% more than 5 times a row, or success with 1% for 8 times straight. So just because your luck was not in your favor, it does not mean there is some thing wrong mechanically.

This should have been taught in your trigonometry class.

Not sure what this has to do with trigonometry, but in general I agree with you. But it is still possible to reason about actual chances given enough data.

From personal experience (only in low level, with the first roulette in the game) it took me ~15+ tries to get the right weapon with 5 characters I was testing. In one other case I got it at the ~7th attempt. According to what I read on the forums, many other people seem to experience this trend as well. Some people also get the right weapon early.

As you said yourself, even with a 1% chance you can succeed and with 99% chance you can fail.

But this happening repeatedly is very unlikely and if you can get data from many attempts, you can reason about the actual chances.

To fail a 12.5% chance 15 times in a row has a probability of about 13.5%.

To experience this 5 times out of 6 has a probability of about 0.02%.

And this, to me, is an indication the drop rate might indeed be rigged.

Normally I'd still dismiss this as my very bad luck, and other people bad luck, and the less unlucky people not speaking up. Because why would a game company go out of their way to do this just to annoy their customers?

But in this case, with the special keys, there is an actual business reason to do this.

Archived