I will be quitting if we don't get extra premium for downtime

Fadedine

Wow sounds like someone is self-entitled. Go cry me a river, or better yet, why don’t you go crying to mommy. WA WA I can’t play my video game because there fixing it. Grow up, and act like an adult instead of a two-year-old. Guess what things rarely go the way you want it to in life. Oh by the way I rather have all this down time and they “fix” things in the game instead of playing a broken game. And let’s not forget, it hasn’t been that long since launch for the NA market so of course you should expect this downtime. If you’re so unhappy with them doing their job why don’t you go to uninstall, and delete and don’t bother to come back. Oh for a refund, if it was up to me, I so wouldn’t give you one just because you’re an acting like a brat.  Instead of bitching and complaining that you can't play your video game, how about doing something productive like going to the mall, go for a walk, get some house work done, get your basement cleaned, clean the house for (parents, wife, gf, bf)  read a book, watch a movie, so many things you can do in real life!

Oh and by the way I’m happy there doing this now during the day, instead of doing at night, since you know some of us work during the day, and can only play at night, thankfully its my day off (so instead of bitching and crying I can't play guess what I'm going to go be productive and get some house work done, and take my dog for a walk!)

28 minutes ago, Scission said:

Guy stfu noone cares. This is how new releases work. Should have seen ff14 you would cry in a corner gouging your eyes out if you knew maint was 14-16 every day for the first few weeks. Noone cares about your premium its part of the gaming hazard when you start a new game.

Haha yes I was there for both launches of FF14. These babies wouldn't know what to do with themselves since its apparent some of these guys have no life.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For starters you didn't have to buy premium or buy the premium membership you chose to secondly you agree to the Terms of Service and by that point of view you just need to shut up. I bought both and I'm extremely happy with the game it sucks that the server is down right now when I can't sleep but I will just deal with it. I've gotten more than enough game time I have played that day one I played for 25 hours straight I'm on a computer that has a crap processor with my loading times extremely long and I eventually DC in the loading screen other than that just play.

The game just launched, there is crap to fix. Next time wait to subscribe to something like some of us have learned to do.

A few hours here and there isn't going to kill you, and isn't making your premium any less worth.

Since nobody that has replied on this thread is making money from you playing, they really don't care. It will not stop them from flaming you and calling you childish because you're at least worth the insult to some of them. 

As a paying customer I completely understand your frustration, not everybody has all the time in the world to play and not everybody is the same. A few hours of maint wont phase most of us, but will def make a dent in some. I understand you're frustrated because there was recently another down time yesterday if I remember correctly and that was 4 hours long.

The servers are down in deed to fix the game like everybody said's but I understand too that if you're not even impacted or care at all by the "Broken stuff" (I learned my lesson in Archeage to keep faction chat off) you feel as if you should be able to continue playing, down the road you will begin to want these things fixed though so they are trying to knock them out before other players have to deal with it.

Like a lot of MMO's out there do, the returning players always get the good stuff while the current players always get screwed over (when it comes to compensations or gift at least). 

You can go ahead and quit if you like, you will most likely get an email on feb 10 asking you to come back because there is new content out.

3 hours ago, Novastar said:

Oh my god, an MMO with a rough launch period? that's completely unheard of. I mean it's not like wow was down for weeks at a time, or other NEW mmos had to go down for unforseen issues to be fixed. And before you play the "But BnS isn't new" neither was FF14 reborn, and it still had issues at launch. 

All these games have one thing in common. The dev teams worked hard to make sure they worked. And if that meant a little more downtime to give us a smooth experience. So be it. So buck up or shut up.

about ffxiv  u know thaht they add subcription time if a overly sized patch or maintence kicks in im not agreeign with mister post here but im just saying compensating for downtime would be a very ncie  and good gesture towards ure community .

3 minutes ago, Metalaggression said:

Since nobody that has replied on this thread is making money from you playing, they really don't care. It will not stop them from flaming you and calling you childish because you're at least worth the insult to some of them. 

As a paying customer I completely understand your frustration, not everybody has all the time in the world to play and not everybody is the same. A few hours of maint wont phase most of us, but will def make a dent in some. I understand you're frustrated because there was recently another down time yesterday if I remember correctly and that was 4 hours long.

The servers are down in deed to fix the game like everybody said's but I understand too that if you're not even impacted or care at all by the "Broken stuff" (I learned my lesson in Archeage to keep faction chat off) you feel as if you should be able to continue playing, down the road you will begin to want these things fixed though so they are trying to knock them out before other players have to deal with it.

Like a lot of MMO's out there do, the returning players always get the good stuff while the current players always get screwed over (when it comes to compensations or gift at least). 

You can go ahead and quit if you like, you will most likely get an email on feb 10 asking you to come back because there is new content out.

if i was ncsoft and seen him quit i wouldnt even bother sending a entitled brat a email to come back and play our game its people like him who make a toxic community 

I understand that they don't owe players anything due to rules of ToS,but i think that's actually not the matter here. I myself don't mind this maintenance  cause i understand game has only been out for 2 weeks or so and this stuff is bound to happen,nor do i think we should get any kind of compensation.

Thing is many MMO's out there when they have emergency downtime or server crash actually do some kind of compensation to player,either it's extra days of premium or if something like that exists in a certain game,or some non pay2win items,all in all it only shows that they care about their players,now im not saying NC Soft should or need to do that,all im saying is they could even if they don't need to.

10 minutes ago, Shilarose said:

Wow sounds like someone is self-entitled. Go cry me a river, or better yet, why don’t you go crying to mommy. WA WA I can’t play my video game because there fixing it. Grow up, and act like an adult instead of a two-year-old. Guess what things rarely go the way you want it to in life. Oh by the way I rather have all this down time and they “fix” things in the game instead of playing a broken game. And let’s not forget, it hasn’t been that long since launch for the NA market so of course you should expect this downtime. If you’re so unhappy with them doing their job why don’t you go to uninstall, and delete and don’t bother to come back. Oh for a refund, if it was up to me, I so wouldn’t give you one just because you’re an acting like a brat.  Instead of bitching and complaining that you can't play your video game, how about doing something productive like going to the mall, go for a walk, get some house work done, get your basement cleaned, clean the house for (parents, wife, gf, bf)  read a book, watch a movie, so many things you can do in real life!

Oh and by the way I’m happy there doing this now during the day, instead of doing at night, since you know some of us work during the day, and can only play at night, thankfully its my day off (so instead of bitching and crying I can't play guess what I'm going to go be productive and get some house work done, and take my dog for a walk!)

Haha yes I was there for both launches of FF14. These babies wouldn't know what to do with themselves since its apparent some of these guys have no life.

Yeah! HOW DARE HE COMPLAIN THAT HE CANNOT USE WHAT HE PAID FOR.. What a baby! AM I RIGHT!!!! Thinking he can buy a game and play! what the *cricket* is wrong with his mind!   Glad they didnt fix these in the 20 beta's BNS had! what else would they have to do during our playtime!!! Damn, wanting to play during the day what a freaking nolifer he is! 

9 minutes ago, Roachz said:

Yeah! HOW DARE HE COMPLAIN THAT HE CANNOT USE WHAT HE PAID FOR.. What a baby! AM I RIGHT!!!! Thinking he can buy a game and play! what the *cricket* is wrong with his mind!   Glad they didnt fix these in the 20 beta's BNS had! what else would they have to do during our playtime!!! Damn, wanting to play during the day what a freaking nolifer he is! 

wow you sound self entitled brat too. Like I said life doesn't go the way you want too!

Honestly, if any of you have played MMOs before you should know and remember the first month is a rocky road, despite beta testing, there's going to be issues and you need to accept that - There are so many people playing and bugs are being discovered and fixed, they are also fighting an overwhelming amount of spammers.

It does totally suck - I finally got time off work today to play and bam, server is down, but it just happens. You sign an agreement every log in that you accept this.

Next month should be far smoother as things sort out, player base settles and bugs are fixed 

1 minute ago, Shilarose said:

wow you sound self entitled brat too. Like I said life doesn't go the way you want too!

Was just acting that way because you call people without your view on a matter "baby's" and "brats"...  "Look at me, i walk my dog!" Well, good for you!  Different people, different situations. All these people here feeling better than other people. If the servers of mine go down at work people will also call me asking me what i am doing or expecting compensation becaus they are not getting the service they are paying for.  Are they baby's as well? no they are paying customers. 

Sure maintenance is needed, but 2 times a week for 4+ hours? My boss would laugh at me in my face and kick me out on the streets. 

Before you come at me with "NO LIFER" blablabla! cry becaus you cannot play! blabla.  Im at work, have not played today and will not play for many hours.

Now go walk your dog, and keep your arrogant head up high looking down on the "plebs" that are also walking on the street having a different view on matters.

4 hours ago, Fadedine said:

This is ridiculous. The servers are constantly crashing or being taken down for maintenance. I haven't been able to play at least half the nights I've tried so far.

Two maintenance in one week? 5.5 hours tonight to add some EU servers and a spam filter? You gotta be kidding me. Why did I pay for a founders pack and premium access to not be able to play the game. This is the last time I give NCsoft money.  

/rant over

Honestly they've been down for well over 10 hours this week which basically cuts into a day of membership. Nothing to do with being entitled you paid for a product and your service is being denied for longer than a weekly maintenance

42 minutes ago, tobycryaotic said:

if i was ncsoft and seen him quit i wouldnt even bother sending a entitled brat a email to come back and play our game its people like him who make a toxic community 

If you were a mom and pops business I completely understand, but we are talking about a corporation, they have no shame and they don't care if you don't want to play their game. But that won't stop them for asking for your money.

*cricket* more entitled players complaining. NCsoft West may not be the best company but they are doing constant maintenance during off peak hours for NA and trying to fix up the game. When Vanilla WoW first released, it had just as many shit breaking and going under maintenance.

The only people I  feel bad and have the right to complain and get some compensation for are the EU players. They get there maintenance during peak hours and should really get a maintenance team for there side of the time.

4 hours ago, ThatPlayer said:

It's like none of you guys have ever played an MMO before.
The game just launched here, there's going to be technical problems, get over it.

They have a client that's been edited so the whole "it's been out for years" excuse is irrelevant it's not the exact same client and not the same servers. 

Yeah goldsellers in the KR version released at June 30, 2012 work differently in English :P

AND they prolly did not have problems with 1.4 billion Asians trying to login compared to the 750 million in the EU and 350 million in NA.

Asians login a different way then the rest of the world.

Somehow i call that bullshit.

Archived