I will be quitting if we don't get extra premium for downtime

Fadedine

This is ridiculous. The servers are constantly crashing or being taken down for maintenance. I haven't been able to play at least half the nights I've tried so far.

Two maintenance in one week? 5.5 hours tonight to add some EU servers and a spam filter? You gotta be kidding me. Why did I pay for a founders pack and premium access to not be able to play the game. This is the last time I give NCsoft money.  

/rant over

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had I known we'd be having multiple maintenance times every week along with servers crashing and ridiculous ques I would NEVER have paid money for this game. That's just shady business practice. You can fanboi this game up all you want but at the end of the day us paying customers are keeping this game afloat and if we leave GL 

1 minute ago, Fadedine said:

Had I known we'd be having multiple maintenance times every week along with servers crashing and ridiculous ques I would NEVER have paid money for this game. That's just shady business practice. You can fanboi this game up all you want but at the end of the day us paying customers are keeping this game afloat and if we leave GL 

The game is 2 weeks in, server are loaded, errors are happening, bots are everywhere, what do you really expect?

3 minutes ago, Fadedine said:

Oh my god, an MMO with a rough launch period? that's completely unheard of. I mean it's not like wow was down for weeks at a time, or other NEW mmos had to go down for unforseen issues to be fixed. And before you play the "But BnS isn't new" neither was FF14 reborn, and it still had issues at launch. 

All these games have one thing in common. The dev teams worked hard to make sure they worked. And if that meant a little more downtime to give us a smooth experience. So be it. So buck up or shut up.

Well you should have tried it out first for free before forking out money. I've paid for premium and it's really annoying that it's 5.5hrs and it's timed right in the middle of the afternoon for EU, but just have to suck it up, or play something else.

2 minutes ago, Fadedine said:

So now we're fanbois for having common sense?

Man gaming communities are such entitled little pricks these days.

back in my day we were happy if even mananged to dial in on a server to play a game.

I expect some reasonable service since I've paid for their product. Maintenance is fine. 2 maintenance in one week on top of servers crashing every day it's too much.

this is EXACTLY what happened when wildstar went free 2 play and look how that turned out.

Just browsing the forums there are 2 other threads demanding compensation. But you guys keep telling yourselves you don't need us, and we'll be laughing at you when the servers are being merged in 2 weeks

Just now, Olivar said:

back in my day we were happy if even mananged to dial in on a server to play a game.

And you had to hope your family didn't need to use the phone when you in game.

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

f894699c8a9089db0b47ece3995e5b50ecf5f07e

I expect some reasonable service since I've paid for their product. Maintenance is fine. 2 maintenance in one week on top of servers crashing every day it's too much.

this is EXACTLY what happened when wildstar went free 2 play and look how that turned out.

Just browsing the forums there are 2 other threads demanding compensation. But you guys keep telling yourselves you don't need us, and we'll be laughing at you when the servers are being merged in 2 weeks

bullshit.

The same whiners happened in Wildstar yeah, but nobody, and really nobody quit playing because of the maintenance.

Maintenance is a good sign cause it signals they are working on things.

1 minute ago, Yancha said:

Youre not entitled to anything

If the problem persists then something should be done but we should keep in mind the situation were in here

You're absolutely right we should. The situation is this; we are not at launch anymore. The game has been out in NA including early access for 2 weeks. NCSoft still hasn't figured out how to keep the servers up for more than a day. The game has been out in asian countries for years. There is literally no excuse for this.

It's like none of you guys have ever played an MMO before.
The game just launched here, there's going to be technical problems, get over it.

They have a client that's been edited so the whole "it's been out for years" excuse is irrelevant it's not the exact same client and not the same servers. 

You're absolutely right we should. The situation is this; we are not at launch anymore. The game has been out in NA including early access for 2 weeks. NCSoft still hasn't figured out how to keep the servers up for more than a day. The game has been out in asian countries for years. There is literally no excuse for this.

Running servers on this scale is literally beyond planning scope.

You can literally not expect the right amount of connections/load with this.

you're literally starting with something and then scale accordingly.

You literally cannot compare both markets.

Your post is literally such a fallacy it becomes literally wrong.

And you don't know how to use the word literally.

Archived