PSA: Don't Leave Your Group Behind

SabreIshi

Some dungeons have firewalls, notably Daggerbeak Rookery and Tomb of the Exile. These firewalls will instantly kill anyone within range of them. They are spawned when combat with certain enemies is started.

What this means is, if your party is not prepared and is still approaching the area, do not initiate combat. If people are still using the Dragonblood Idol, do not start combat. Auction still going on, do not start combat. There are emotes that signal to stop or begin combat. (If you play on Poharan you have probably seen a BM doing this at Pinchy and Lycan field bosses.)

For the sake of your team, use chat or emotes to let people know if combat should start.

YES, yes. 

Earlier today before maintenance I did Tomb of the Exile for the first time and while I was still running to the end boss two-three of the group started the last fight. I IMMEDIATELY died, one shot, even though I had only been running down a hallway. After releasing, the wall o' fire was between me and the final boss so all I could do was twiddle my thumbs and wait until he was dead.

THANKFULLY, once he was dead I was still able to bid on the loot that dropped. However, when you die your weapon loses durability and I do hear that repair tools get scarce in the higher levels.

Please, don't pull until everyone is there! (You can see on the map the markers for party members moving towards the group so if a player ISN'T moving for a bit, then of course go right ahead.)

I'm not going to lie, last night I was with some friends doing Tomb of Exiles, and we'd rush the dungeon just to see people who were slow get caught in the fire. :3

I mean, we did wait a bunch of times, but if someone is going to go afk without letting anyone know and just stand where the fire appears, well we aren't going to wait up. I've been caught in the fire numerous times and I thought it was hilarious (most of the times I was killed by it I wasn't actually concentrating on the game, so it serves me right).

I got caught by it in tomb of exiles last night, level 45 in group ran ahead while we stood and did bidding on the 2nd stage, two of us got scorched and 3 others behind us, did the right thing inched as close to us as they could and gave us chi to rez. don't know if the mechanic is there to intentionally let you deny group members  access, or to let high levels ROFL at wiping 5 members of the group as the solo end boss take loot and /quit group. who knows

I once died in TOE, no one revived me so I had to run through the whole dungeon again and got killed by a firewall and afterwards one dude complained why I was taking part in the auction since I haven't taken part in the boss fight. 

First Blackram Dungeon: Lv32 Dude fights first Boss before anyone got their Dragon Blood. 3 people died (unfortunately I saved his butt because I attacked to early)

In another dungeon you have to kill those poison mobs with a gun. When we entered 10 Mobs where already gone so they didn't counted for us and we had to enter the dungeon again.

Now if the Death Wall was in front of someone running ahead solo... 0:-)

Here note: If you die in fire just stay dead you can't do nothing anyway if you rez right before boss dead you can't roll on loot, let them fight the boss and make it longer.  When I do tomb of exiles on my 45 I don't feel like waiting, plus gives you all low level easy run for loots you all need. Higher level mostly doing daily's or want costume drop. 

12 hours ago, verdres said:

Honestly, the firewall mechanic is retarded, and need to be changed to something else, like a ready-up system.  

I'd prefer they borrow a mechanic from FFXIV.  When you engage a boss you get a warning, something like "boss arena will be locked down in 10 seconds." That gives you those ten seconds to get in the boss room or you get locked out.  I believe that would work well rather than instantly killing someone who was too slow or may have looked away from their computer for a moment when some trigger happy player engaged the boss.

Felt bad for someone I was in a Ruins run with today. He needed a minute to AFK right before the last boss, and said so in chat. Other people in the party got impatient and started the fight anyway. He was back in less than 2 minutes from when he first went AFK, and had to just stay dead the entire time. It's a really shitty thing to do.

...Especially since me and the other summoner are the only reason we didn't all wipe to the rock bosses, due to our nearly perma-aggro sponges. Some extra damage would've been really nice around then with the rest of our party too busy trying to kill themselves. -_-

something like this happend yesterday i was doing tomb of exile and there was this annoying blademaster saying we need to hurry up so i did i ran to the boss to tank it but the other 4 people did not follow

they were standing on the spot where the firewall spawned they all died lol :P then the BM got mad at me lol :P

On 1/30/2016 at 0:49 PM, verdres said:

Honestly, the firewall mechanic is retarded, and need to be changed to something else, like a ready-up system.  

I agree, this and dying without a chance are ruining dungeons in the game for me, beside the stupid firewall mechanic, I do not enjoy attacking the very first creature, only to be immediately stun locked and killed. Why the *cricket* would you make it so I can only take 2 hits before dying when there is no efficient healing?

I always do my job as a assassin when i join the xserver dungeon...

and my job description says...

Hide, rush to the boss, kill the boss, get ur rewards, let ur party members enjoy their rewards without breaking a sweat, Bid what u need, be greedy if needed...

thats it... theres nothing there that says "Wait for slowpoke kebabs"

^___^ 

Yeap had that happen in TOE last nite as well while doing dailies with some fren, was clearing the last mobs and boom saw my fren died and I follow right after cause I was near the fire too. I won't say the fire mechanic is retarded, it prevents players from ressing and continuously zerging the boss, it's the players that rush that is retarded. It's not even a long wait when we were already in-front of the entrance and just finishing up mobs before going in. Probably should just stand back and let the one that rush solo the boss. 

17 minutes ago, vita said:

Yeap had that happen in TOE last nite as well while doing dailies with some fren, was clearing the last mobs and boom saw my fren died and I follow right after cause I was near the fire too. I won't say the fire mechanic is retarded, it prevents players from ressing and continuously zerging the boss, it's the players that rush that is retarded. It's not even a long wait when we were already in-front of the entrance and just finishing up mobs before going in. Probably should just stand back and let the one that rush solo the boss. 

it seems retarded for u... buy not for me... if i can solo kill the boss for a min or two in contrast with waiting for my party mates to finish their one by one mob killin which might take 10min... and slow moving pace... omg... id rather kill the boss in solo and let everyone enjoy the loots. FYI, u can still have the ability to bid etc even if u did not hit the boss even once..

Just now, PrinceMark said:

it seems retarded for u... buy not for me... if i can solo kill the boss for a min or two in contrast with waiting for my party mates to finish their one by one mob killin which might take 10min... and slow moving pace... omg... id rather kill the boss in solo and let everyone enjoy the loots. FYI, u can still have the ability to bid etc even if u did not hit the boss even once..

Sure I would understand that if the party mate is slow, but when they are just in-front of the boss room and just seconds away from finishing up the mobs, then it's simply retarded to start first.

One I understand the frustration of waiting for other who are slow, by that I means really slow, but we were not slow at all and was just seconds away. Which would you prefer, waiting for a few seconds for your team or soloing the boss for a few minutes which actually slow the runs more.

1 hour ago, PrinceMark said:

I always do my job as a assassin when i join the xserver dungeon...

and my job description says...

Hide, rush to the boss, kill the boss, get ur rewards, let ur party members enjoy their rewards without breaking a sweat, Bid what u need, be greedy if needed...

thats it... theres nothing there that says "Wait for slowpoke kebabs"

^___^ 

Here is the thing about this: Its fine IF YOU TELL PEOPLE YOU ARE DOING THIS

Tell your group and its fine, enjoy channeling your inner ninja. But for the love of god if you don't tell the group about it expect a ton of hate and possible boot.

3 hours ago, Gutsy said:

I agree, this and dying without a chance are ruining dungeons in the game for me, beside the stupid firewall mechanic, I do not enjoy attacking the very first creature, only to be immediately stun locked and killed. Why the *cricket* would you make it so I can only take 2 hits before dying when there is no efficient healing?

So you would dodge the attacks instead of face tanking.

59 minutes ago, SabreIshi said:

Here is the thing about this: Its fine IF YOU TELL PEOPLE YOU ARE DOING THIS

Tell your group and its fine, enjoy channeling your inner ninja. But for the love of god if you don't tell the group about it expect a ton of hate and possible boot.

expect a ton of hate and possible boot

i always expect more hate and boot, but i always get less =(

The crazy thing is, i rush to the boss, i reach the boss area while my team mates are barely making it half... i killed the boss and still my mates are trying to kill normal mobs... then everyone gets to bid with the loots... most of the time i just close the bid window as i dont need any of the drops...

then everyone is like... Salty Tearful Kebabs....

its like going on a mountain climbing to get that secret cerulean bird egg ingredient for your kebab.... u reached there 1st, fought the cerulean egg mother bird, u risked your fragile life for it, You killed it in less than a min, while ur party mates are still thinking if they will walk or run... slow poke kebabs... you took 1 egg and everyone else gets the same... but then, they hated you for being 1st...they hated u for being fast...they hate u coz u just did them great favor in soloing almost everything... they even tell u bad things like, OP ASS! the FQ? do you have any idea how angry that Cerulean bird is? He almost saw me!!! Do you have any idea what trauma it causes me when someone sees me??? ughhh

in the end of the day... im still smiling...

while munching Cerulean bird egg Kebabs >,..,<

Archived