Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Jchung said:

You can make your own tab on chat you know so you can remove the useless things. I only have faction chat + party/nearby chat on. A spammer comes in every hour or two, and you only have to click a few buttons to report/block. You can remove the old spammers that are blocked in your block list to create room since most of them are banned/gone anyways

I'm fully aware of this, but this is only a quick fix to a much larger issue.  I don't know what you guys' experiences are.  But for me, it goes like this...

From the second I log on to the last few minutes of the night the gold spam is endless.  Everything is fine for the first 10 minutes before 4-7 gold spammers rush the F-chat at once.  I block them all, but this only works for the moment.  After a few minutes (sometimes not even that) 4-7 more gold spammers rush the F-chat again and this goes on and on and on before I turn off the F-chat.  I'll turn on F-chat again a few hours later and the problem still persists.

A spammer an hour is a miracle for you, trust us.  Its so bad for us that nobody can interact at all.  And like I said before, and im sure most people can relate to this, interacting with my faction is a big thing for me.

20 minutes ago, Seemslegit said:

Blocklist simulator 3.0 , jokes aside I prefer the gold bots spamming the faction chat . This way I can't see the random garbage that people tend to type .

When you put it this way, it's hard not to agree with you.
Gold spam or desu spam? Hard choice.

On 1/18/2016 at 10:27 PM, Youmukon said:

Hello!

Just to let everyone know, our team is fully aware about the RMT/Goldsellers spam going on and we are currently working on countermeasures to reduce the inconvenience it causes to players.

In the meantime please keep reporting bots by either using the in-game report feature or by submitting a ticket (Report Player > "They were trying to sell gold by spamming chat".), these reports greatly help our team to identify and removes bots from the game.

Thanks again!

Of the many MMOs I have played, including others by NCSoft, this is by far the worst I have seen with gold sellers.  The problem is not new, but the design of the chat system in this game along with no active policing and banning and ineffective prevention methods have rendered the chat systems all but useless.  The tools given to the users to filter spammers are very poor along with a block limit of 50 that we must spend time and effort clearing to allow for the new waves of spam each time we log in.

The present system is unusable.  Now what?

Another suggestion is to:

- Auto region ban chat people who have been blocked by 50 people or more.

- Auto whisper/faction ban chat who have been blocked by 100 people or more.

- Auto permanent ban people who have been blocked by 500 people or more.

This uses the block feature to generate bans.

Just now, Rancub said:

- Auto ban chat people who have been blocked by 50 people or more.

It's going to be abused (happened in AA with the report tool used to trigger autoban) .

1 minute ago, ArtBoxx said:

My goodness, I thought the situation was getting better, but now they actually took to time to invade our faction chat.

It was a good try from NcSoft though. A for effort. 

You guys are lucky - my server has had every single chat channel and LFG (even the occasional whisper) overrun (read: completely unusable) for several days now. You can't block them all, it's 5+ sites, some with close to 10 bots active at a time and changing names every 5 minutes or so. These gold sellers are literally parasites - I want so badly to enjoy this game completely, but if every single chat channel and LFG are nothing but endless gold spam it is pretty difficult for me

3 minutes ago, Rancub said:

- Auto region ban chat people who have been blocked by 50 people or more.

- Auto whisper/faction ban chat who have been blocked by 100 people or more.

Bans don't work, they just make new bots and continue spamming.

it just feels like they aren't really TRYING to get rid of the gold spammers. there are so many ways they could do this, but instead they're just simply... going through the motions. trying to make it LOOK like they're doing something but not really... doing anything

Just now, Zellogi said:

Bans don't work, they just make new bots and continue spamming.

Are we not asking NCSoft to ban them? What are you asking or suggesting then?

As for the person said it would be abused, this is not the report button we are using, but block. You block people who you do not want to see their spam.

15 minutes ago, Fuz said:

When you put it this way, it's hard not to agree with you.
Gold spam or desu spam? Hard choice.

Well, on Iksanun we were actually sharing art late in the night next to your regular desu spam and etc.

Just now, Rancub said:

Are we not asking NCSoft to ban them? What are you asking or suggesting then?

As for the person said it would be abused, this is not the report button we are using, but block. You block people who you do not want to see their spam.

I don't know what the solution is or I would have already posted it. I do know that blocking/reporting them does no good because yeah they might get banned, but when 1 gets banned, 4 more are created. It takes more effort from the players to block and report the bots, than it does for the bots to level and spam.

Guys as annoying as it may be, just block and report. I've done that to EVERY gold spammer I have encountered, its not that hard just can be a BIT time consuming. But if we all put in our part as a COMMUNITY this problem will be gone, (maybe not gone, but will not be so bad)

there are more goldspammers ingame then normal players, and whats up with you can only block 50 people ???

1000 goldspammers and new ones come every minute.

pls do something about this, because loads of people will quit this beautiful game including me.

there is no way you can read the chat this way level resrtiction to talk in region chat would be nice

Archived