Leveling in this game is so bad that I don't even want to play anymore

Yenn

I'd rather be grinding for hours to level up than trying to do these quests. While it starts off okay, this is by far the worst leveling experience I've ever had in an MMORPG.

Right now, at level 24, it's taking me upwards of 20 minutes per quest, because the spawn rates are so slow. I'm killing maybe one quest monster every 1-2 minutes, because there are so many people fighting for them. Collection quests with monsters guarding the items are especially rage inducing, with people who will follow you around and take the items while you fight the monsters.

I can't even grind if I want to, because monster density and spawn rate is so bad, not even considering the other people I'd have to fight with for tags.

This is terrible. Shouldn't this have been considered and fixed before the game was released?

did you try changing the channel of the zone your in? that typically helps though i think that the over 2 minutes to wait to be able to change channel again is a bit of a silly cd lol

also i dont mean just go to the next channel down try skipping a channel or two usually it helps  a LOT

Just now, capncronic365 said:

did you try changing the channel of the zone your in? that typically helps though i think that the over 2 minutes to wait to be able to change channel again is a bit of a silly cd lol

It doesn't help, even two other people fighting for spawns can starve me.

You should try switching between the channels. I only take about 30-45 minutes for one level, without reading the quest texts and watching the cutscenes, because I've read and seen them already. There must be something you're doing wrong.

15 minutes ago, Yenn said:

I'd rather be grinding for hours to level up than trying to do these quests. While it starts off okay, this is by far the worst leveling experience I've ever had in an MMORPG.

Right now, at level 24, it's taking me upwards of 20 minutes per quest, because the spawn rates are so slow. I'm killing maybe one quest monster every 1-2 minutes, because there are so many people fighting for them. Collection quests with monsters guarding the items are especially rage inducing, with people who will follow you around and take the items while you fight the monsters.

I can't even grind if I want to, because monster density and spawn rate is so bad, not even considering the other people I'd have to fight with for tags.

This is terrible. Shouldn't this have been considered and fixed before the game was released?

Just saying, it is really enjoyable to play on headstart since there's no competition on killing mobs qnd questing, also you shouldn't judge mmo game just cause it is overpopulated right now.

19 minutes ago, Yenn said:

I mean, I'm 27 and find I rarely have issues with too many people in a zone, this is on a max cap server "old man cho" I don't really see where you are getting these issues from the leveling has been a pleasant experience completely for me.

ofc in any other game grinding is better. As always in a fresh started mmorpg  people dont kill mobs, they leave them for you. They dont do any quests either before you completed them. There are mobs all over the place, you can pick whichever you want and no one will KS you or anything /sarcasm

Shortsightedness  not gonna help you.

1. Try party playing, that usually makes it exponentially easier to get the mobs and complete the quest faster. 

2. Try logging at times where a certain kind of player can't be online (Such as students, adults with jobs, etc) which means get early on BnS or get on late, inbetween you're going to suffer the overpopulation and login queues.

3. Stop complaining, the levelling is linear and is about as fast on every level, you do your main quest and that activates all the blue quests around it, you take them, and usually are either low exp (easy as hell quests a few meters beside you) or hunting quests that go with your main quest or besides it or on the way to it, it's hella easy to levelup, I got to 45 right yesterday, started on 19th, 6 days of questing and gearing up isn't much, now I'm halfway setup for lvl 45 content.

the spawn rate seems just fine to me, but yeah i definitely had to fight for mobs around pondskip, the range before that, and a few places in the scorching sands. it's honestly to be expected, especially considering the dense server populations right now. and even then, it's still not as bad as it could be- just change channels and move faster.

Hint 1: Party everyone / Ask for party

It's 50/50 chance people will join but there's really no downside to it. (To be honest I don't really get why people refuse when they're killing the same mobs.)

If you're in a party (even of 2 people) and someone else is alone they'll eventually leave as your party just has much higher chance to grab the kills / drops / etc, both though converge, not everyone being in combat, mobility skill spams etc.

Hint 2: Sometimes the circles on the map are wrong and mobs will spawn a little bit outside the area too.

Hint 3: Just do other quests if a quest site is too crowded then come back and finish it. Why fight with other people when you can just come in after they're done wasting each others time and you have the whole place to yourself?

Hint 4: If it's optional (blue), skip it. No seriously... you don't have to do it today, especially if it's a pain. Just teleport to the area some time later when the wave of annoying people who don't want to party up to get shit done and prefer to sit there for 1h fighting each other is gone; if you really want to tick it off (you could also just not give a damn).

If all else fails sit on the spawn point and do the magical skill spam lottery (not so bad if you don't have to kill too many mobs). You can also memorize timings between deaths, since if it's super crowded mobs will spawn back in like clockwork since their spawn time is fixed and people take roughly just as much time to kill.

58 minutes ago, Yenn said:

So umm you really make no sense.....

You would rather grind mobs then do the quests that make you grind mobs ? The reason being that you are frustrated because of the low spawn rate the the amount of players killing said mobs.

Umm with very few exceptions most mobs are apart of some quest or another so your idea of grinding mobs is kinda umm... not trying to be insulting...not well thought out.

Archived