Too many classes are OP

Kiriu

16 minutes ago, Nyxtus said:

Absolutely hilarious seeing the people defending this. You can tell they barely know the game and watch Korean videos preaching it as fact.

Want to know what's fact?

That we have updated skills meant for level 50 but we're on the 45 patch. Thus, the balance is WAY out of wack at the moment.

When you ... "Special People" Mention all the balance, you're mentioning the KR version, with 50 and hongmoon levels. NOT the 45 patch. Stop acting like you're some sort of god at BnS and everyone else needs to l2p.

90% of plats are the same 3 classes and admit they're strong atm. 

It's more so that people assume there's absolutely nothing anyone can do to overcome these strong classes. The statements are made with the underlying assumption that the players playing Destroyer will not make a mistake (albeit a rather low skill floor however) in contrast to the skill needed of the other player to overcome the Destroyer. I think it really is just a misconception that these classes are "too hard" to beat. Most of the veteran players I've been sparring destroy me. Hell even people who started playing in beta or at launch with a fast catch time and quick eyes stomp me pretty hard. It will always be a matter of perception and knowledge with these threads.

Are they strong? Yes. Are they broken or op? No. Also, albeit these korean links referencing recent patches, Des and Summs were losing prior to that as well.

4 hours ago, Kiriu said:

and im a blade master fyi

I'm a blade master, which is more of a pve character, while blade dancer is more of a pvp char.

Other people can play and enjoy this game. Some don't. Who cares with those, who can't? There's always an asian who would *cricket* you anyways, regardless of what you do, how hard you try to stay on top of others. Calm down, accept it. You are just not good enough to compete. You are not even mediocre. I don't see any problem with this. This is absolutely normal. Suck it up, princess.

8 minutes ago, Aylarth said:

I'm a blade master, which is more of a pve character, while blade dancer is more of a pvp char.

Other people can play and enjoy this game. Some don't. Who cares with those, who can't? There's always an asian who would *cricket* you anyways, regardless of what you do, how hard you try to stay on top of others. Calm down, accept it. You are just not good enough to compete. You are not even mediocre. I don't see any problem with this. This is absolutely normal. Suck it up, princess.

Thats the wrongest cla'm ' have seen. There is no such thing as "blade dancer is pvp" or "blade master is pvp". Again, blade masters have biggest burst combo in game, its hard as heck but it eats peoples health, even on arena. Its just harder than blade dancer , not less PvP oriented

Doesn't it better to let NC SOFT use their man power to make our version to catch up with Kor Version instead of make them fix/balance smallish thing like this ????? The game will balance itself as we go up-to-date with Kor, atm open beta not even a week, do players even know how to play their classes yet? we don't even really need balance until we have an official PVP event.

I am going to have to Agree with OP. SUM and DESTRO are extremely unbalanced. I shouldn't have to play 10x harder to be on the same playing field when facing another class regardless of the skill of the opponent. I have learned some counters against SUM(Even with these counters you have to be extremely lucky the game doesn't decide to randomly target the cat even though he is behind you), but there is nothing for DESTRO as a KFM. You can't stun, you can't knock down, and you can't get close so it is pretty much run into the corner and just walk away and grab a drink. 

All I ever see in threads like this is "I don't want to learn, I want to win."

I also looked at the patch notes for Summoner to see this 'nerf', there is no nerf because we have already had one.  Our damage for certain skills is reduced, cooldowns have been lengthened and Sunflower costs 3 focus.  In the latest Korean patch, Sunflower is getting a damage buff (hue) but it doesn't give us a free cast upon crit (waow such nerf).  Our cat will charge faster, huzzah hp will be increased from 20% to 30% and our basic damage of Rosethorn will be increased amongst a few other things. 

Have fun q.qing. 

12 minutes ago, UrbanUnix said:

I am going to have to Agree with OP. SUM and DESTRO are extremely unbalanced. I shouldn't have to play 10x harder to be on the same playing field when facing another class regardless of the skill of the opponent. I have learned some counters against SUM(Even with these counters you have to be extremely lucky the game doesn't decide to randomly target the cat even though he is behind you), but there is nothing for DESTRO as a KFM. You can't stun, you can't knock down, and you can't get close so it is pretty much run into the corner and just walk away and grab a drink. 

You do realize KFM is one of Destroyers biggest weaknesses right? lol And I don't mean it takes some insanely high skill cap to beat us either. No you don't have to be leagues ahead of a destroyer to beat them.

3 hours ago, Chaosking said:

The Major difference between a good player and a bad player is that, For Good players, why they are actually good is because they look for ways of overcoming their weakness, if they lose once, they'll find a way to counter that or avoid that at all cost. For Bad players, they complain and say that WTF thats bs or thats Cheating as heck, I was Perma stun, or he Healed too much, or I cant even get close. Stop thinking like that and you start playing better and safer instead of rushing into the same wall over and over and over. As an assassin player, I can beat most class, Force Master i find it the easiest to beat, KFM and BM I'm evenly match with, but I have to play careful because of their blocks and counters so I gotta wait until they use it once and then burst them a little at a time. Blade Dancers I have a bit of difficulties with since I dont truly understand their skills set yet, they tend to have a lot of aoes and I dont know which one of their pose is a counter. Summoners is another class I have difficulties with, But of I can get the pet close with the summoner I can nuke them both and run away and do it over and over either that or I can use my smoke grenade that blocks all range attacks and kill their pets as fast as i could first, but if I dont kill the pet fast enough, i lose the fight, so its pretty balance, it also depends on how you build your character, what talents you use and such. For versusing another assassin, its a mind game, counter counter counter-the-counter, it pretty much depends on who fakes who out. Just know that every class is played differently and every character has different talents and skills they mainly use. If you can learn it, then you can find a way to counter them and win. If you are rushing in and dying every time, Then obviously you arent playing pvp correctly. The first match should always be "Learning the opponents way of fightinT

This guy gets it,  literally the most intelligent post  I've seen on this thread. Ppl who complain and whine are the ppl who in reality suck at pvp and do not want to take the time to figure out how to beat their opponents. Just an FYI if you think you can go into pvp thinking you will win by using same moves/setup you use in pve.... your in for a rude awakening. as an assassin myself when I first started to pvp I was getting moped left and right but, since I wanted to improve as oppose to acting like a whining "peginus" I started to learn other classes attacks , when would they use them, how to counter certain moves and so on and so forth, Thus making me into a wayyyyy better player than when I initially started. don't get me wrong I still lose here and there but they always end up being really good close matches witch leaves even more room for improvements. Long story short, if your having problems with a particular class, find ppl or friends with that class and spar them till you feel confident enough to take that class on in ranked. I had same issues when I went against Summoner, but now its a lot more manageable. 

haha I find it hilarious, really hilarious of how people are complaining about balancing classes on the first week of Blade and Soul release, Come the fook on, really? Here are some things that comes to mind as a competitive pvp player:

1: How knowledgeable are you with each classes and skills?

2: How good are you with your class?

3: Are you set with your skill talent or are you flexible and able to change before each fight? 

4: How good is your opponent? How is he playing? Patient? or charging in?

5: How many escape does he have? Did he use any yet?
6: How many grab move does he have? which combo does the most damage? should i wait to use my best escape for that?
7: Do I play aggressive or passive?

Like I said, PvP is a mind game, you'll have much more respect for the player if you BELIEVE that he is either the same skill or better than you, if you just keep insisiting that everyone sux and that they're noobs and you should always win, then the developers would end up nerfing everyone. Oh God Summoner OP! nerfed, Oh God now Destroyers are op, Nerfed, Oh God WTF Force Masters are op, Nerfed!, I mean seriously, WHAT THE FOOK, 80% of the players dont even have a level 45 yet, stop complaining about shit being op when you havent even learned the game or any other classes yet. Thats definitely a garbage attitude. Instead, play like you're in the would tournament and think of ways to beat him in and out of the arena, or even before the match starts. Whenever i lose a match you know what I say? "fook. . . I got my ass kicked, how the hell do I beat that?" did he provoke me to rush in too fast? or should i have been more aggressive? look at your talent tree again and see what you can find that counter that. At first I was getting my ass kicked by blade masters and kfm too, I had to switch my skills around and found that I liked my new talents best since it heals and resists damage and have more escape. If you are getting your ass kicked, don't complain, first find out what you're doing wrong or ask others how they are beating that class or if they had a hard time against it, with your class. Look at your character setup and see what you can use to counter or avoid that ass kicking you received. If 90-100% of the players are getting their ass kicked like you are, then its time to complain and your voice will be heard. But if you and only a hand full are getting your butts kicked? you just sound like a noobie crying that you cant win. Just so you know, Arena puts everyone at level 45, But you will not get all your skills, only skills up to your actual level. when a player is actually level 45, they have so much more combos and talents they can choose, and those talents can be very op when used in the right situation. Assassin's Poison breath does 2-3k damage and heals 40% of the damage dealt with talents. Lotus Fury makes assassin charges a player and attacks 5 times over 5 seconds and is immune to damage and status effect and Heals 20% of the damage that was dealt to him from the enemies. Talents makes a huge difference in this game. Every class, can beat any class. Learn the classes and then Outplay and Outsmart your opponent, thats how you win in pvp. You can't just spam everything and expect to win, thats just being stupid.

6 hours ago, Kiriu said:

Please nerf destroyers/summoners/assasins the destroyers get too many i-frames plus a infinite cc while attacking at that and a pretty big heal. Summoners can absorb 100% damage they deal with their flower stun lock u to the floor with cat, also heal their cat lock you in place. its basically 2 v 1. Assassins get too many escapes with blind all they do is stealth heart stab, lightning peirce over and over and blind when needed. these classes are way too unbalanced. It get frustrating that all these classes get rewarded so much and most of them are not truly skilled. 

3957025.jpg

Cry some more....I don't play LBD or Destroyer or Summoner and will not.  However, it is easy to see that they are some of the easier to use classes.  It is easier to line their skills up and do decent.  Naturally, in the beginning they are going to be stronger.  The other classes are more complex to do well in PvP with.  People will get better with them and learn them over time and everything will even out. 

Don't start foaming at the mouth simply because their skill curve allows them to be played competitively earlier while other classes take longer to learn the nuances and combos and counters.  If you can't learn the other classes and want to play the more simple PvP characters, then go play one and start doing well right away as well. 

Different classes have different difficulties. It really matters what level you are also. I started pvp at 15 (bad idea) and got destroyed pretty hard by all classes. Now that I'm 20ish I can play decently against other classes because I've learned more counters and more skills in general.

The only class I'd argue is actually somewhat "OP" is probably summoner and that's something most players that aren't summoners agree on. A friend of mine who's almost 45 thought that higher levels he would be able to deal with summmoners but nope. I face one last night, beat her 1/2 by bursting her pet down so on the 2nd and 3rd matches she simply healed her pet anytime it was even remotely low, if I changed focus to her instant knockdown by per or her own skills (fyi i'm a BM).

after suffering many, many, MANY defeats against every class I have begun to pull out regular wins against them as well. I'm playing a Forcemaster ... You know? That class that everyone seems to laugh at and give a sigh of relief when they see one? Well, not so much anymore.. After putting the time and effort in I have had people just sit still and forfeit because I can shut them down. Assassin? I have a tactic to knock them out of invis. BM, its a flanking game. Destroyer, slow them down. SMN, most of my wins have been from ignoring the cat and burst DPSing them. Other Forcemasters, proper cool down management is key. Kung Fu Masters .. same tactic as BM. Blade dancers? Same tactic as Destroyer, but with some tighter positioning.

I have a LOT of losses. Many. However i come away from each fight learning something new.

TIP 1: Button mashing = death ... stop button mashing.

TIP 2: Higher levels = more skill points = more options. If you have less options, you are more predictable.

TIP 3: No matter how beautiful you made your character model, your camera doesn't need to be in your characters backside to PvP. You are crippling yourself with bad camera angles if you do so. Zoom that camera out.

TIP 4: You can respec at any time, for free. When you get good at changing your options on the fly before every match (if you so chose to do it) it throws people off as they have to adjust to a different fighting style.

TIP 5: Keep a free slot open on your character list. Use it to create classes you are having trouble with. Read their skills and actually play it for a while. You will not get any better knowledge about how to take apart a class than experiencing their weaknesses first hand.

TIP 6: Put the time into your main class. Try every ability. Don't just make someone else's build, make your own as well. Don't just accept that one build is superior or not, know WHY they perform the way they do. If you cant be bothered to put the time in, you will not get those wins.

Just my 2 cents.

3 hours ago, Vellblader said:

God you people need to stop bitching and get good. THis is not WOW, this game takes skill to pvp not just spam all your skills in a rotation. You got to know when to use your skills, when to burst, when to back off. This is not a point and click mmo. Its more linked to a fighter game. and if you suck a pvp in this game guess what? Its no one fault but your own the class your going again is not OP, you just suck. You refuse to learn the game, and want to play it like another game so really stop bitching learn the game, learn your classs, and learn your match ups.

Well, even in WoW the Skill > Class argument stands true.

This actually feels just like the WoW PvP Forums tbh: "Rogue OP, DK easiest class, warrior faceroll" etc etc

Same sh*t, diffrent game : P

1 hour ago, Scorpaeon said:

after suffering many, many, MANY defeats against every class I have begun to pull out regular wins against them as well. I'm playing a Forcemaster ... You know? That class that everyone seems to laugh at and give a sigh of relief when they see one? Well, not so much anymore.. After putting the time and effort in I have had people just sit still and forfeit because I can shut them down. Assassin? I have a tactic to knock them out of invis. BM, its a flanking game. Destroyer, slow them down. SMN, most of my wins have been from ignoring the cat and burst DPSing them. Other Forcemasters, proper cool down management is key. Kung Fu Masters .. same tactic as BM. Blade dancers? Same tactic as Destroyer, but with some tighter positioning.

I have a LOT of losses. Many. However i come away from each fight learning something new.

TIP 1: Button mashing = death ... stop button mashing.

TIP 2: Higher levels = more skill points = more options. If you have less options, you are more predictable.

TIP 3: No matter how beautiful you made your character model, your camera doesn't need to be in your characters backside to PvP. You are crippling yourself with bad camera angles if you do so. Zoom that camera out.

TIP 4: You can respec at any time, for free. When you get good at changing your options on the fly before every match (if you so chose to do it) it throws people off as they have to adjust to a different fighting style.

TIP 5: Keep a free slot open on your character list. Use it to create classes you are having trouble with. Read their skills and actually play it for a while. You will not get any better knowledge about how to take apart a class than experiencing their weaknesses first hand.

TIP 6: Put the time into your main class. Try every ability. Don't just make someone else's build, make your own as well. Don't just accept that one build is superior or not, know WHY they perform the way they do. If you cant be bothered to put the time in, you will not get those wins.

Just my 2 cents.

Got to tip 2 and I was like "you...I likes you" lol

Most of the players that currently get destroyed in pvp think a certain class is OP, then they go and play that class instead and still get destroyed. Why? Because they're just not good players at pvp : ) . I think I've only faced 2 players that knew what they were doing so far in the 12 arena matches I've played on this server, which got me an easy winstreak to gold. 

3 minutes ago, Demiosu said:

Most of the players that currently get destroyed in pvp think a certain class is OP, then they go and play that class instead and still get destroyed. Why? Because they're just not good players at pvp : ) . I think I've only faced 2 players that knew what they were doing so far in the 12 arena matches I've played on this server, which got me an easy winstreak to gold. 

Well, eventually they'll realize that they're just bad and will try and improve.

I was just like that several years ago when I was playing another popular MMO, but then just forced myself to get good.

Luckily, now I don't have to go through all that again. 

By just pointing fingers you'll never improve, this stands true for actually every thing in life. ( I'm just not made for drawing / class X is just too op / etc etc )

Archived