BnS doomed? Goldsellers too powerful? Read here!

NoctisLucis

As a MMOrpg fanatic that participated in many betas/Headstarts I feel the need to help all those New ppl in need. So I'll help with the most common issues.

1. Goldseller workaround

-Get to lvl3

-Choose a faction

-Open a New chat tab

-Only enable Party/Whisper/faction/Say/Clan etc and NOT region!

Voilà. You're free.

2. Queue times

Now THIS is a tricky one.

Keep in mind: Since 2011 people have followed this game all the way until now. So show patience. The request for this game is insane due to all the mouth-to-mouth marketing and Good reviews all around the web. They surely are searching for new Server offers as we speak because they're aware of the issues. They had no Chance to "buy" New Servers during headstart (which was a weekend, hard to do shit when every Server company has their phones off during the weekend). Give it time. By the end of this or the next week we should have New Servers. Its hard to decide which offer you take so they will take their time to sort out which isnt too expensive and still grants lots of capacity.

3. Doomsayers

Sorry but I cant remain calm on THIS topic.

Doomsayers are imbeciles. A disease. Worse than goldsellers.

They roam the Forums and "doom" the game due to dissatisfaction.

PLEASE DO NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THOSE PEOPLE AND DONT EVEN BOTHER REPLYING! Dont spread that disease. Everything has a reason. Everything WILL get sorted out. The game is awesome and with a little virtue called patience and some simple workaround like the one vs goldsellers the game is one of the best MMORPGs around even after 4 years.

So far, I'm loving this game. My only complaints are 7 character slots for me is too little, and I wish the founders items where also on the store, sending outfits between alts every-time I swap characters is annoying. 

-queue times bad, pay for the game. 

-Gold sellers... only three of them at any one time, block them when you login, (right click name in chatbox, select BLOCK.) Never have to see them. 

-Doomsayers, meh I did 4chan, WOW, and Reddit, I have seen worse. So far this game is nearly flawless compared to other MMO rollouts, and if you dislike the Asian action MMO genre leave, go back to WOW. 

What us "Doomsayers" want is for NCSoft to take action, and implement a system where legit players don't have to worry about spending their gametime blocking and reporting bots. It's not our job to make sure we're playing in a safe virtual environment, that's the job of the developers.

It is also true, that if the bot issue is not taken care of soon, it will ruin this game here in the west, just like the bot issue ruined i.e ArcheAge.

All they'd have to do is make a script that blocks certain words or combination of letters in their API and the problem would be solved.

However, most Asian developers refuse to listen to reason and especially to people from the west, sadly.

17 minutes ago, WookieeMario said:

Saw a few gold sellers in faction chat. Simple Report and ignore works. 

For the doomsayers, it is just trolls or people who donät know what they are talking about.

Where is the report option - I blocked those I see, but I don´t see the report option ingame?

I feel your pain in this matter.  I started  during the 3 day head start and in 14 hours  I saw the first gold seller spamming away. So to stop this fire from spreading , I report spam and block soon as I see it. Now it's getting to the point where they are taking up the ques on all the servers. I start to play  around 1 to 5 am and their are ques on my main server I play on. I'm not going to say which one I know there a lot of plebeians out there will read this and troll the ques longer.  So if you see such spamming. Report instantly get theses creeps out of the game so you can enjoy your gaming.

I think adding new servers new is too soon. Right now we have an hammering because the game is "new" (at least, to the west) and a lot of players is just curious people or press/bloggers/anything that will likely stop playing after a little while.

P2P model dont fix anything vs the bots. 

We cant stop of RMT but WE CAN SLOW THEY and make their live miserable...

FFXIV you receive a tell every 30 seconds....

The only way of control gold famers is making their life miserable... but sadly this will end affecting to the players -_-.

1.- You can't send tells unless that person is on your friends List
2.- You can't Shout or Yell until you complete the entire storyline and Hit the Cap Level
3.- You will be limited to  "ONE" Say, Shout or Yell per Min even if you are Cap level. You can Shout/say/yell  30 times per day max. Reset every 24 hours.
4.- Every 30 days BAN the goldfamers.
5.- You can only send 3 friend request per day
6.- Your account can make only one char every 24 hours.
7.- You can't create more than one account per IP in 24 hours, if the system detects a VPN system your account will be locked 48 hours
8.- We will need verify our account with a smartphone Number. One Number = one account. You can't register more than one account with the same Number.
9.- Black list will block the Account and not only the Char.
10.-If a character receive more than 50 blacklist in a lapse of 5 mins. This account will be suspended for 168 Hours and Ncsoft support will check the cause, if RMT is involved perma ban.

With this we can slow them 95% but yes we the players will be affected sadly. I Prefer to have some restrictions but with a CHAT free of spam...

You want know people?

1.- Use emotes to wave that person and invite that person to a party. Talk with that person in a Polite way and ask if you can add to the friend list. So you can chat infinite in whisper/tell with him/her

2.- Making A general Chat, Group Finder Chat and Trade Chat. Mods will be watching this chat at least every 1 hour, if they find RMT activity BAN the account. If the the "text is rmt" this text will receive 50 blacklist in 5 mins easily locking that account for one week...

3.- If you want announce your "Guild". Shout giving your facebook group direction or web site direction. This will allow you talk without limits there and invite people

Yes this can be a bit hardcore but is this or see every 2 seconds RMT texts.....

If you buy some servers in the EU it doesnt bind you for lifetime. They can buy them for a couple of months and extend the contract. I think most of you people dont understand how shit works with servers.

And especially such a huge company as NCsoft has even more benefits.

7 minutes ago, DRANZER said:

7.- You can't create more than one account per IP in 24 hours, if the system detects a VPN system your account will be locked 48 hours

Wtf? Gold farmers only make one character per account anyway. Stupid restriction.

Also I guess F anyone in a gamer house or has kids/siblings that are also into gaming for #7. And I use a VPN for everything and if my account gets locked for using it then I'm quitting BnS entirely. I use a VPN for a reason and I'm paying for it, I'm not going to not use it for this F2P game just because the devs can't handle bots/spammers.

20 minutes ago, EChondo said:

Wtf? Gold farmers only make one character per account anyway. Stupid restriction.

Also I guess F anyone in a gamer house or has kids/siblings that are also into gaming for #7. And I use a VPN for everything and if my account gets locked for using it then I'm quitting BnS entirely. I use a VPN for a reason and I'm paying for it, I'm not going to not use it for this F2P game just because the devs can't handle bots/spammers.

If this was a Pay to play game. Probably the devs could be more careful with their actions

But is a free to play game. If you dont like the way they deal with the situations there is the door.

The Goldspamers create multiple accounts. Cuz they get banned, and banned and banned. So a goldseller can create 50 accounts in 1 hour then go inside and Spam-bot.

if you RESTRICT one char every 24 hours. You cut their unlimited amount of Chars

If you LOCK their accounts using VPN for 48 hours you slow them more

Like i said YOU CANT STOP THAT is imposible but you can make their life miserable, if  the game will lose people for this reason. Well sacrifices are necessary to archieve big goals. 

Its better Lose 2% of the playerbase who can't be comprensive with the situation than lose 50% of the playerbase pissed cuz the goldselller spam...

We know that the spammer's name is like this fnwoigbgweg

The spamming could stop if the mods has enough time to go on every day just to ban the spammers

Let me explain, whenever you make a name there is a limit on how many characters you can go up to.

Let's say the maximum characters in a name is 12. Since there is 26 letters in the alphabet.

We need to use the SAT Math Formula.

26x26x26x26x26x26x26x26x26x26x26x26=(in the trillions, i can assume)

You are going to get a big number

Don't forget the space that you can add to your name.

Because of this the number will be bigger.

So on my estimate, it will take the mods to ban trillions of account for the bots to use human generated names.

Human generated names is also known as the names people would choose for their ign like (Doublelift, Fisting You, KungFuOnYou)

The bots will have no choice to take these names because all the randomly generated names (faigbwuegw) will be gone.

When you ban a bot NEVER NEVER NEVER EVER EVER EVER DELETE THE NAME FROM THE BAN LIST OR YOU WILL INCREASE THE BOT COUNT.

35 minutes ago, DRANZER said:

P2P model dont fix anything vs the bots. 

We cant stop of RMT but WE CAN SLOW THEY and make their live miserable...

FFXIV you receive a tell every 30 seconds....

The only way of control gold famers is making their life miserable... but sadly this will end affecting to the players -_-.

1.- You can't send tells unless that person is on your friends List
2.- You can't Shout or Yell until you complete the entire storyline and Hit the Cap Level
3.- You will be limited to  "ONE" Say, Shout or Yell per Min even if you are Cap level. You can Shout/say/yell  30 times per day max. Reset every 24 hours.
4.- Every 30 days BAN the goldfamers.
5.- You can only send 3 friend request per day
8.- We will need verify our account with a smartphone Number. One Number = one account. You can't register more than one account with the same Number.
9.- Black list will block the Account and not only the Char.
10.-If a character receive more than 50 blacklist in a lapse of 5 mins. This account will be suspended for 168 Hours and Ncsoft support will check the cause, if RMT is involved perma ban.

With this we can slow them 95% but yes we the players will be affected sadly. I Prefer to have some restrictions but with a CHAT free of spam...

No please block option work as a charm i pay to play free without restriction! apply this rules is the fast way to make this  game a desert... trust me!

Mods should have a option of a 'right click ban'.

All they have to do is to right click and they will get a bunch of options and ban will be one of them.

Therefore it wouldn't be hard to ban bots. since they are spamming in global chat.

Archived