BnS doomed? Goldsellers too powerful? Read here!

NoctisLucis

NCsoft should let player sell premium membership "token" in the auction house.

So if a player need gold go to hongmoon shop and spent NCcoins to buy a premium membership "token", then sell the token in the auction for a good amount of gold. If a player have gold  and want buy a month of premium membership buy the token in the auction and use it. 

I see this in a mmo where the software house put a special auction in the game for this token with price regulation, this cut off gold sellers in no time.

well......tbh I would rather listen to #3 rather than anything else.....what you are saying is 

8 hours ago, NoctisLucis said:

They roam the Forums and "doom" the game due to dissatisfaction.

sounds like critique to me........and critique is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than bs that makes any game drown in its own blindness....Archage....Tera...insert 100 MMO´s here that got a low population because they didnt listen to legit critique and instead listened to the "positive" information of how great their game is.....

What I honestly wanna know (no this is not sarcasm, really want to know this) how can Gw2 be f2p and yet still have so very few gold sellers? do they just get removed faster, or do games like these not had a chance to stay on their feet, make sure to be ready for the gold sellers? I know that there are not that many working for Gw2 currently, so cant be the staff?

4 minutes ago, zengara said:

well......tbh I would rather listen to #3 rather than anything else.....what you are saying is 

sounds like critique to me........and critique is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than bs that makes any game drown in its own blindness....Archage....Tera...insert 100 MMO´s here that got a low population because they didnt listen to legit critique and instead listened to the "positive" information of how great their game is.....

What I honestly wanna know (no this is not sarcasm, really want to know this) how can Gw2 be f2p and yet still have so very few gold sellers? do they just get removed faster, or do games like these not had a chance to stay on their feet, make sure to be ready for the gold sellers? I know that there are not that many working for Gw2 currently, so cant be the staff?

GW2 has its own "gold selling" feature. You can buy gold anytime with the premium currency. There's no need to fall into goldsellers from asia. The people trade it themself.

Players, please stop post MANY Gold seller related topics. This forum is already filled with many spam topics, are you too lazy to READ first other pages?

YOU ARE NOT ALONE HERE. WE KNOW IT ALREADY.

It's also known NcSoft is working with developers for right blocking methods against gold spammers.

Report them will help developing the right blocking system.

How to report:

Press ALT Key.

Move your mouse to name in the chat who just spammed gold message or unknown website.

Rightclick.

You will see Report option in menu. In submenu, choose Report Spammers. Then choose report+block.

Now please wait for NcSoft, no need to post more spam related topics. Don't be dumb, don't make forum dirty already. Don't make yourself to small child.
Don't act you're alone here! That is just more childish to others.

It's important to read some pages in forum first to see if there are topics with answers for your problems.

Thank you.

And for this topic: Yes, Ncsoft will work with developers for correct solutions.

For example block chat fully for first level 1-5, but i see also spammers at level 7. That is where you can choose Faction. Spammers will use Faction channels because it's world-wide. So blocking should not help much. But...

In some MMOs they use "chat energy" which is very good solution. Spammers want spam many, but energy will quickly vanish.

If you never move, never fight mobs, never speak to NPCS, you won't get chat energy. We know spammers almost never move around and just spam texts.

Also chat energy charges verrrrry slow if you just stand there idle.

If they just spam, energy will quick vanish. At level 1-5 you have no chat energy. At level 6+ you get very slowly chat energy.

At higher levels, you get more chat energy. I know there are no spammers at level 20, so chat energy will high enough to speak many rows. Recharging is also more quicker at high levels.
Party and Clan channels are free from chat energy. (because it's already controlled by players)

45 minutes ago, zengara said:

When I played GW2 a few months ago gold sellers were very much a problem. The spam might not have been as frequent, but it was even worse because the bots would whisper you, not just post in general chat. This made it almost impossible to block, and annoying to hold private conversations with people. I quit for other reasons, but that was always a thorn in my side.

1 minute ago, Kald said:

When I played GW2 a few months ago gold sellers were very much a problem. The spam might not have been as frequent, but it was even worse because the bots would whisper you, not just post in general chat. This made it almost impossible to block, and annoying to hold private conversations with people. I quit for other reasons, but that was always a thorn in my side.

Well....first of all, bots cant stop you from posting in general chat...........you can block by right clicking on their name, and it is normally like 2-3 people and likely mainly in pvp lobby, but I get the idea, even tho the gold selling spam was less, it was still there which made it a problem

8 hours ago, Victorion said:

Well that explains why I didn´t see it :)

What is the report procedure then?

From chat, RMB on offender's name, report -> report spammer -> report and block.

NA made it very easy for us to report, unlike TW where you have to go to their website and provide all the details via a web form.

8 hours ago, Victorion said:

Where is the report option - I blocked those I see, but I don´t see the report option ingame?

8 hours ago, Wumperous said:

The feature doesn't exist, sadly.

There is a "Report" option, directly under "Block" (or near the bottom) and after you click on "Report" a pop-up will let you choose "Report and Block". 

Archived