Goldsellers are already in Headstart.

Xenosaga

Bad news for Ncsoft.

I saw gold sellers on 3rd day. That means:

- they hacked some accounts (more likely)
- they bought some packs (unlikely, because it costs money) - or bought with stolen card numbers...
- exploiting login server and entering server (possible)

I don't like spam, and so far i can see, it's caused by level 1 characters. MMOs will block mostly level 1-5 to chat in the channel (it's very easy level 1-5 btw) to prevent spam.

Why NcSoft has not added the chat block for level 1-5, i dont understand. Did they not learn from other MMOs?

Shame on you.

Almost every new MMOs are designed with gold seller block methods. But here i just see spam in Everdusk. (it's in Region channel, because in other zones, there is no spam seen)

So far i can see there are 3 different messages.

I hope we won't see spammers at higher levels...

From now, you can report them: press ALT key, move your mouse to name player with spam, rightclick, Report > Report Spammer.

7 minutes ago, Xenosaga said:

Why NcSoft has not added the chat block for level 1-5, i dont understand.

It is because the headstart is reserved to people that paid real money to get in. Most likely the bot you see are coming from some free giveaways (press or other means) or compromised accounts.

Anyway, blocking users isn't so hard to do.

I do share with you the fear to see multitude of bots at game start and "real" free to create tons of bot accounts, tho'

"take screenshots and send to dev team"

"Block them"

This is your guys' first mmorpg, isn't it? There is nothing wrong with that of course, but it means you just don't understand why your suggestions don't work.

What gold sellers do is they spam for a short amount of time and remake the character with a new, random name. Over and over. They also have multiple accounts.

So you taking a screenshot does nothing because the character you took a screenshot of didn't exist mere minutes after taking it.

So you blocking them is mostly a useless gesture because there are 10 other ones spamming you and in another 10 minutes (or whatever) the one you blocked will be replaced by a new character.

Note that i am assuming that when you block a player it blocks that character and not the entire account. this is a pretty safe assumption.

As people who have played freemium mmorpgs know, the only way to have anyone able to use any sort of public chat is for the developers to block public chat for characters below X level. Even making the level 5 would be a HUGE improvement because then the spammers would have to spend like 15 minutes before recreating the spam character. This may seem like a small amount of time, but it adds up as it requires actual play time.

Really it is surprising that mmorpg developers don't take these steps before game release instead of waiting through months of people complaining about unusable public chat.

Also it is going to be a hundred times worse after head start.

This game is over 5 years old, you don't think that people are smart enough to hack an old game?  Hackers are smart, they don't need to take over someone's account, they will use bypass tools to attack the sql database, more specifically the account tables. There they can make themselves pretty much invisible. Then it's just a matter of using a console.

They're on Soha as well, have been since day 1 and they're multiplying.

I saw two on day one, now if I create a new character the region chat is INSTANTLY full of their spam.

Get it together NC, you had restrictions and spam mute filters back in 2004 with City of Heroes, why do you not have them in another game TWELVE YEARS LATER, hell even Lineage 2 got them, and Aion RELEASED WITH THEM.

You should know better by now.

2 hours ago, WuTang said:

This game is over 5 years old, you don't think that people are smart enough to hack an old game?  Hackers are smart, they don't need to take over someone's account, they will use bypass tools to attack the sql database, more specifically the account tables. There they can make themselves pretty much invisible. Then it's just a matter of using a console.

When i read this all i can think of is the scene in zoolander where they talk about "the files are in the computer."

Sometimes knowing a little is worse than knowing nothing.

Oh another newer thread... more posting :(

Here in L13+ zone also gold spammer. When checked character profiles, the character seems Level 3.

Which means developers must make something to avoid walk forward level 1-5 to next higher zones.

Level 3 should not in level 13+ zone. Block the zone gates for it.

Keep the spammers in low level zones. That is one solution.

Wow,  gold sellers are more creative...

They use also Party Finder to spam gold messages.

And it's level 1 user. You cannot use Party Finder because there are no dungeons for it.

Because party finder messages are world wide, this is sure annoying.

You can try blocking it to use another channels until it's allowed to use it.

There were a millions of them spaming world chat non stop (Literally all region chat are done by them, other player's chat gets overwrite).

it has become quite a serious issue. i will definitely be reporting all of them and i hope all of them gets permabanned for ruining such great game.

anyhow good job NCWEST i hope you guys will be able to catch them

And I thought gold selling spam was insane during my final days playing Aion.  This weekend showed me that BnS is going to have a much bigger issue with it then I have ever experienced before.  They were even using "LFG" to advertise, talk about low...

I made a chat tab with only party, /s, and whisper and haven't looked back. xD Means I don't have to see any nastiness in the general chats, too.

Given how overrun Aion became with gold sellers, I... don't expect much from NCSoft here.

On 1/18/2016 at 5:47 AM, AttacKat said:

That is because regional/fashion chat scrolls too quick for you to notice. They are there.

They are there now...  Really annoying.  Have to keep blocking them....  Weren't on mushin a few days ago....

Most likely more on other servers?

Archived