this game is just a suggestion before it dies

Flupy

Hello.

First of all, the reason I'm writing this ticket is to feel compelled. I have been playing this game with my friends for many years. Many of my friends have quit the game and still continue to quit. We enjoyed playing this game, but we resisted for a long time not to quit the game. I hope that a player who has been playing the game for a long time will consider what I wrote to save this game as positive comments. I'm sure many would agree on this. For a long time the game did nothing to encourage and draw the player into the game. First of all, there are no people who represent the game interactively with the game and its audience. We even learn about the innovations that will come to our own server by looking at the Russian or Korean forums, sites, discords since a long time. carelessness has come to this point. There is not a single ad content in the game to attract new players. Most people are unaware that such a game even exists. It is possible to see knight online advertisements offered to players in 2002, Metin2 offered to players in 2005, and Silkroad online advertisements presented to players in 2005 even today. Even these games continue to advertise and broadcast with content producers on social media. People who know the game don't want to start the game because they think the servers are empty and they are like ghost towns. I  think they are right. It is very difficult to find people who can enter the dungeon together in the game. Many people left the game. Don't let the number of active characters fool you. A player can have 10-15 or more characters that he plays with the aim of obtaining gold. Whether you realize it or not, the game is in a state of collapse and loss of players. At first, the rng rate of the game brings people to the point of intimidation. We are aware that this is the main concept of this game, but this is a situation that puts the labor factor aside. Entering CSC for 50 rounds and not getting a single jewel chest. It's like doing 100 turns of namdo and not being able to drop your own acc. With very simple touches, it is possible to show that the effort of the player is important and that the game cares about the person who makes the effort. While Poharan SS is sold with tokens in NPC, why not in gem chests? Or why doesn't someone with 100 laps still deserve their own jewellery? The game already restricts character development in terms of its algorithm. Such things discourage the player. NCoin prices are too high. It's ridiculous that things that cannot be dropped in the game are sold in F10. An example of this is that the person who wants to raise his heart cannot find the necessary material anywhere. An example of this is things on the korean and russian server that do not come to us. It is not my intention to be arrogant. just to share our thoughts with you as someone who has given this game for years. It makes me sad that Blade & Soul, which is better than many games on the market, is in this state because I remember when it first came out. somehow we can't finish the game. like race horses we are constantly running from one dungeon to the next. Before you finish an item set, a new one arrives. Even if the game is final, there is nothing else that can be done. because the PVP system is dead. The PVP system of this game was not in any game and the current situation is a game that can only be PVE. The event system absolutely sucks. There is nothing that brings the new player closer to the old player. Seeing the gap, many players keep quitting the game, which is something I have to say. I hope these comments are aimed at those who should see and read them as positive comments. Despite my friends telling you that there would be no point in writing this ticket, I still wanted to write it.

Dude, seriously.

If you are going to write a wall of text, Then learn how to just spaces (The enter button) in your writing.

Like this.

After every dot.

Have some space until you start the next sentence, Makes it a lot easier to read

Edited by Uldrum
  • Like 1

It's the same thing that I've been saying for a while now that they get more content if they can't do it.

examples:

1.- What do they get out of raising the hm lvl to 45 if it is impossible to reach that level, apart from that they removed the 1 million experience chars and now left the 100 thousand exp only in the Login Reward now we have less than -900% exp than before.

2.- What do you get out of getting more levels of gems if it is impossible to access them if it is not paying the famermeo is almost infinite and that we have Poharan to farm but to create a gem the cost is very high and the cost is even higher of pet gems.

3.- What do you get out of getting so many Psyches if it is so complicated and expensive to create the legendary ones or manufacture them.

4.- What do you get out of taking out Soul Boost events if you reach a level and you can't continue progressing, for people who are new this discourages due to the aforementioned points, when someone new comes to play they see the Soul Boost event they get excited and then when he realizes that he can't keep going up or gets stuck, he goes again.

5.- What do you get out of removing the mythical Stones from the Unity Rank system if it costs too much to do just one, I have two and I've been playing for more than 5 years.

6.- what do you get with improving Celestial Basing if to be able to raise a level farming charm is almost eternal at least it takes you months to farm enough char to raise 1 HM lvl.

7.- What do they get out of the single dungeons throwing materials if most of the material that comes out is useless or it takes you months to get something out, not to mention that new people can't do the single dungeons quickly I with My alt can only do two dungeons and they are also easier and it's not because I'm stupid, it's because he doesn't help me at all, at least to avoid.

In summary, what do they get out of taking out so much content if this game is very unbalanced and the players, at least the new ones, when they realize this, they leave since it is impossible to access that content, in bns there is a lack of more balance, the game is too unbalanced and it is missing an order, we are clear that it is a business but if they do not improve the aspects to leave a more balanced game with everyone they will never recover the players who are leaving.

finally implement a system for the whales and for the premium and those who play for free.

For example, those who play for free who can access all the content by farming (of course, farming normally so that it takes you years to raise 1 hm lvl or access jewelry and other items in the game), users who pay the premium that can access the content faster or more accessible and the whales that have exclusive content or unique titles or items something that differentiates them from the rest but not something like a weapon that does more damage because that will also end up unbalancing everything again .

it is how guildwar does it that if you pay for the game you can access all the content of the game, this is an example since bns is different and this cannot be done but, I already gave the examples that would be ideal for bns.

Please people from ncsoft do not kill this game and see all the points of view so that they continue improving it.

psd: I still need to add several more things and for you to take into account this is only a summary.

I hope you understand and google has done a good job with the translator.

• Like 1

guys. u are realy strange. i wrote somethings in here which my ideas for this game but u are interested to this is google translate or omg why there are not space between words.

i play this game since 2014 and still i dont have a endgame char. 

The main thing that bothers me is not the item drop rates. i wrote a lot of thing about game not just rate. 

1-the game does not have any advertising policy to attract new players to the game

2-There are no game officials who care about the interactive player community and really try to solve the problems.

3-f2p and p2p balance in the game is broken

4-yes,dont important drop rate i mean that;The rng rate is so unbalanced that it even makes waste for the effort spent by the player in the game. this game ignores the effort spent. for example 100 run namdo 6 still nothing. why? dont you think this player still deserves to get her/him own acc? 50 run csc 5 but nothing gem chest.

5-a lot of people quit the game. we can no longer find players even to farm these items 

6-the game pvp system is dead already,there was nothing left to do in the game other than running from one dungeon to another like race horses all the time. whats the point of having an endgame character anymore?

this can be considered as a summary for those who could not read my first article. there is a space between sentences. and dont google translate.

• Like 1

I love the graphics of this game. It's so interesting, I've attempted to get into it. Although, as someone new I have to say advertising this game would be a waste.

Problem 1:

Looking on youtube, it's pretty clear most players don't really 'learn' combos. Sadly, I now understand why some folks in another game I played could 'learn' the class combos so perfectly so quickly. This experience as tainted any game with complex combo systems.

Problem 2:

Rewards don't pull you in. No one, without researching, will instantly understand the games rewards.  Only the most dedicated would be so determined to understand all those odd items. I understand, it's layers that are built on layers but someone new without the determination will simply close down the client.

Problem 3:

Very different game loop. Combat is simply unrewarding. Without random interesting loot, I found it extremely pointless. What an amazing experiment but I feel like it's not helping the game.

The Bad:

I think the core game is a model that is no longer used. Folks that pay, often don't like complex combo systems which is probably why youtube doesn't show you any videos on learning combos [properly]. IMO, Itemization and gameloop will never be successful outside the games region. Most western (and other) players will decide if they'll play within the first 10 minutes. If the gameloop is extremely confusing and unrewarding, folks are just not going to play.

Wishful Thinking:

I'd love to see this game reworked to appeal to the masses. Although, I doubt they'd do that. Having fun life skills, proper combat system and a decent looting system sounds easy but it's an investment. Although, that other game [no names but you can google it] stated to have made 1.7 billion. Maybe there is a reason it's not explored. [an agreement, 1.7 billion is not enough money, not sure]

13 hours ago, Flupy said:

guys. u are realy strange. i wrote somethings in here which my ideas for this game but u are interested to this is google translate or omg why there are not space between words.

Because people like things that are easy to read.

19 hours ago, Romilla Detrix said:

Problem 1:

Looking on youtube, it's pretty clear most players don't really 'learn' combos. Sadly, I now understand why some folks in another game I played could 'learn' the class combos so perfectly so quickly. This experience as tainted any game with complex combo systems.

You don’t unlock simple mode until level 50 

you’re basically forced to learn the character

21 hours ago, xxDiana said:

You don’t unlock simple mode until level 50 

you’re basically forced to learn the character

Youtube doesn't show folks using simple mode.  Is simple mode not that good? I may attempt to level her up to see how that system works. GW2 is getting some hype since it's heading to steam. Steam is the best kind of 'advertisement' but the game would need work to be successful there. Maybe all the problems are fixed as you get past X level but like myself, most people will just attempt to play it not study it.

• NCSOFT

Hi @Flupy

First, thank you for sharing your feedback! While it's clear that you're not a native speaker, I think I mostly understood what you said and wanted to provide some answers.

On 7/2/2022 at 2:06 AM, Flupy said:

First of all, there are no people who represent the game interactively with the game and its audience.

Being in the game is not a good way to promote information about the game to many people and gather feedback from the player base. That is why I spend a lot of time on the forums and social media, where I can reach many more players than if I were in the game.

We even learn about the innovations that will come to our own server by looking at the Russian or Korean forums, sites, discords since a long time. carelessness has come to this point. There is not a single ad content in the game to attract new players. Most people are unaware that such a game even exists. It is possible to see knight online advertisements offered to players in 2002, Metin2 offered to players in 2005, and Silkroad online advertisements presented to players in 2005 even today. Even these games continue to advertise and broadcast with content producers on social media.

We post most of the information about releases on our website (see the "News" link at the top of this page, or go to https://www.bladeandsoul.com/) and the three main social media account (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook). We just started doing it last Wednesday for this Wednesday's release, and in addition to that I posted a deeper look into some changes on the forums (and shared this on Twitter and Facebook).

At first, the rng rate of the game brings people to the point of intimidation. We are aware that this is the main concept of this game, but this is a situation that puts the labor factor aside.

As I mentioned in the post above (link again), we've removed RNG from the Skystealer tier of accessories.

An example of this is things on the korean and russian server that do not come to us.

Each territory is its own environment and should not be compared to each other. Each community is different in nature and even how they play content. If you have specific requests, you can share them here, but the game has been set up this way for many years, as you know if you've played the game for many years, and this won't change.

The event system absolutely sucks. There is nothing that brings the new player closer to the old player.

Could you please provide detailed feedback about the events? Your description above says nothing of why you dislike them, so it's very hard for us to understand how to change events in this case. I also want to be very clear that your feedback is only part of the whole. Some players want things other players are not interested in, so we have to strike a balance in terms of what we change.

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Green Storm said:

Could you please provide detailed feedback about the events? Your description above says nothing of why you dislike them, so it's very hard for us to understand how to change events in this case. I also want to be very clear that your feedback is only part of the whole. Some players want things other players are not interested in, so we have to strike a balance in terms of what we change.

Thanks.

Just make a character on the server and start playing.

That is the best way for you to get feedback (Because in that way, you see for yourself what materials are needed for players)

We can not explain to someone with little Knowledge about how the actual Game works why the events are bad.

Edited by Uldrum
  • Like 3

• NCSOFT
44 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

Just make a character on the server and start playing.

That is the best way for you to get feedback (Because in that way, you see for yourself what materials are needed for players)

We can not explain to someone with little Knowledge about how the actual Game works why the events are bad.

You misunderstood my comment: not everyone likes or dislikes a part of the game for the same reason. There are definitely trends in the feedback I'm hearing BUT I want each player to give me THEIR feedback, not the one other people assume they have. In fact, by being more open to each individual's feedback, the Blade & Soul community can become more welcoming to others.

10 minutes ago, Green Storm said:

You misunderstood my comment: not everyone likes or dislikes a part of the game for the same reason. There are definitely trends in the feedback I'm hearing BUT I want each player to give me THEIR feedback, not the one other people assume they have. In fact, by being more open to each individual's feedback, the Blade & Soul community can become more welcoming to others.

But still, it would be nice if you started to play and saw every thing from a player perspective

• Like 1

• NCSOFT
40 minutes ago, Uldrum said:

But still, it would be nice if you started to play and saw every thing from a player perspective

I see a lot more by listening to players. In fact I see more the more players talk here or on social! There isn't one unique "player profile" in this community (or any community really) and, like I said above, assuming the opposite only pushes less players to share their personal perspective.

We need more of these in game, specially for new/returning players

6zDNA18.jpg

Dont limit them to daily/weekly only, make them more available via quest/dungeon rewards.

We dont need it on f10 with crazy price tag....

Edited by Ishtar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Green Storm said:

Each territory is its own environment and should not be compared to each other. Each community is different in nature and even how they play content.

Honestly this right here is the biggest issue by far with all KR/CN MMOs ported to west. For some reason, beats me why, asian devs get this mentality (or are taught it) that west likes a "harder" game, by harder I don't mean more difficult content, but more expensive upgrades and more grind.

And this is absolutely downright false, we are all humans and we all have similar tastes regardless of territory. West does NOT enjoy it to be more grindy/difficult to max your character. But every western version of asian MMOs always has it worse.

Easiest example is the HM level exp requirements, KR always had it lower since release compared to us. Why? Do you think people enjoy farming exp? Of course this is one of the more minor problems, but still a good example.

But west shop is also always more expensive compared to KR. 100$ for class change when it was far less in KR. Trove having soul/heart/pet/talisman psyches at 300 trove key bonus? in KR you can buy them directly in shop I think 40$ each or less.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Green Storm said:

I see a lot more by listening to players. In fact I see more the more players talk here or on social! There isn't one unique "player profile" in this community (or any community really) and, like I said above, assuming the opposite only pushes less players to share their personal perspective.

Each territory is its own environment and should not be compared to each other. Each community is different in nature and even how they play content. If you have specific requests, you can share them here, but the game has been set up this way for many years, as you know if you've played the game for many years, and this won't change.

The thing is, even with all of our input there are many that feel that since you're not playing the game (or at least seems like it) it can be difficult to grasp the issues at hand. Yet as a very busy person myself, I do get that there more then likely isn't enough time for you to sit down and play Blade and Soul as a 'normal player'. Even a full run though all dungeons in Cross Server/F8 can take a couple hours if the party is inexperienced or not well geared.

I think that's part of why some players hope you'll start doing update streams again like Hime used to...they want to see you experiencing the game. I personally would be thrilled if a NCSoft employee tried it from the perspective of a normal player. No GM access, no special clients...just the game as it is available to the rest of us. And that would grant even further context to the issues we bring up.

As for the regional differences, it is currently well known that there is virtually no difference between NA/EU and the RU clients except language and the timing for their anniversary event...but there are significant ones between those three and KR. Changes that do not make much sense and have never been explained to us. Why is it literally 60 times harder to get Starcross accessories and the Upsurge Weapon compared to KR, where they can just do Stage 1 of the relevant dungeons? Why are costs for upgrades set to KR values, but our income is less then a fourth of theirs? Why were gem boxes in Chaos Supply Chain reduced an entire tier in what they give? If these issues were explained and justified, that might dismiss a lot of the frustration, but as is, we need to work four times as hard to upgrade and sixty times as hard to clear content to get the base item for said upgrades.

Edited by DenialOfTruth
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Shiro said:

Easiest example is the HM level exp requirements, KR always had it lower since release compared to us. Why? Do you think people enjoy farming exp? Of course this is one of the more minor problems, but still a good example.

Our region literally had people getting banned for botting XP. XP of all things. Shows how much we "enjoy" playing it. Even those that bother obtaining it can't be bothered to actually do it legitimately because it's just nonsensical and mind numbing.

20 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

As for the regional differences, it is currently well known that there is virtually no difference between NA/EU and the RU clients except language and the timing for their anniversary event...but there are significant ones between those three and KR. Changes that do not make much sense and have never been explained to us. Why is it literally 60 times harder to get Starcross accessories and the Upsurge Weapon compared to KR, where they can just do Stage 1 of the relevant dungeons? Why are costs for upgrades set to KR values, but our income is less then a fourth of theirs? Why were gem boxes in Chaos Supply Chain reduced an entire tier in what they give? If these issues were explained and justified, that might dismiss a lot of the frustration, but as is, we need to work four times as hard to upgrade and sixty times as hard to clear content to get the base item for said upgrades.

I would very much like an explanation for this, as well. Why is our time less valuable? Why are our efforts rewarded less?

hi @Green Storm

first thanks for ur reply.

i see u dont understand to my comments as clear.

On 7/5/2022 at 7:17 PM, Green Storm said:

We post most of the information about releases on our website (see the "News" link at the top of this page, or go to https://www.bladeandsoul.com/) and the three main social media account (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook). We just started doing it last Wednesday for this Wednesday's release, and in addition to that I posted a deeper look into some changes on the forums (and shared this on Twitter and Facebook).

people do not go to the website of a game they know nothing about and they do not follow them on the internet. What you say is not an advertising policy. You are far from even understanding what i want to say.

As I mentioned in the post above (link again), we've removed RNG from the Skystealer tier of accessories.

This change seems to have solved all the problems in the game. thanks. In this way, it will be easier to farm gems in Poharan, to lower SS, to have acc.

(This is my personal recommendation to you. Please open a character and try to improve it. Lets talk again when you get to the point where you are going to rebel.) (u can try to poharan for gems. this is a nice starting for u.)

to hear from you that the game will not change as an official. it shows that we should not have any expectations from this game anymore.  Although the regions are different, the players are similar to each other. We want same game comfort and same contents of the game too , and this is our most natural right. And I want you to know that this game does not appeal to players in this region. newcomer soulboost is just garbage for me and players of my level.

It's really hard to explain this to someone who hasn't played the game. My advice to you is to open a character and play the game. How much of takes the player needs from soulboost. How full is the game? How is the in-game market? Are the products in F10 really sold for their value? How long will it take you to complete your true poharan SS. Can you find a party to enter that dungeon? How long will it take for your accesories to be completed? How will you increase your unity level and how will you increase your settefect? How do you get gold? Will you collect 200 legendey coins for your shadow furry weapon or will you buy it from a raid for 7k gold? Will you wait one month to upgrade a stage on your weapon? and how you will do many things. I am wondering too.

Then when you look at my character, you can understand how much effort I put into it. and I dont think labor matters anymore in this game.

• Like 1

@Green Storm

Aside from social media and the forums you should also be in game to cover all of your bases and ensure feedback is being heard from all around the community. There actually was a time where I'd see a GM ingame (very rare) but they'd interact and ask for questions and feedback and compile a list of things to address

The RNG removal of skystealer isn't something to be 100% proud of at best it's a little more than 50% in favor of it being a good system overall to have removed but you guys did drop the ball towards a large part of the middle to upper tier of the community with the change (those players do care, the game isn't all about them but they do make up a very large and important/integral part of the game and system as well so I hope you guys concider these kinds of things in the future).

About each territory being its own environment and should not be compared is incorrect. This gives diversity within each respective region yet also can give ideas to bring to other regions that many players might actually want and enjoy. Just because you're born in the west vs the east doesn't mean you have to follow any sort of stereotype that each region want's something their own way or different, maybe to some players yea, but you should be doing polls.

Trends in feedback are trends for a reason, they might originate as hearsay or word of mouth but it is a collective experience people aren't just blurting what they hear they also experience it so you are asking for their feedback, that is their feedback too. You can't make everyone happy so if you want every person to have a unique concern, nothing would ever be solved or larger trending issues would go unsolved that plague the majority.

You can't assume stuff nor expect everyone to be on a certain social media platform. You could gather trending issues, compile them and since you guys don't actually play the game and can only look at it from a business standpoint and not from a player standpoint host a poll of like maybe the top few issues per patch you guys are willing to address, people can partake in the poll to give confirmation as to what is more or most important to them at the time. 

Back in the day as I said GMs would pop ingame and gather info and they'd also host polls and surveys from a large sample pool/size that would have maybe the top 5 or 10 trending issues and kind of like a priority list/order for people. 

Things went largely ignored because decisions were likely made based on how much revenue it'd bring bns rather than will this make more players unhappy than big spenders and such. Seeing as the game is probably now realizing for the west that it's only here now for a tiny smidge of a profit and pretty much being carried by other regions and games you guys are willing as long as the servers running to still attempt some revenue but give more to try to turn the game back into more f2p friendly.

Make a patch feedback thread like you said you were going to a week or two ago but haven't maybe you're busy but whatever. Keep it open for 30 days. Encourage people to participate in it but try to extend it even ingame as well or at least have some big message when you log on telling people it's important to participate. After you compile several top issues and host a survey or poll that pretty much is compared. You have the people who spoke up all over the forums and social media but also the people who voted from all around including ingame and see if the results match, voting could be extended to the game, they used to do it in the UI. Complete a quest, get a reward, and a survey popped up asking what you'd like to see with a few radio buttons to choose from this gets to everyone who plays.

They'd add it in at like the end of doing a yellow quest or story or something since the patches usually revolve around major releases such as a new dungeon or raid or story you complete the quest and at the very end you get the ingame invite. The forums will bring the topics to light initially for you to compile to put into such a survey that could also be open for 30 days ingame after the 30 days in the forums. 

People want more than just bug fixes and stuff. You're gathering info here and on social media but make 1 place for it, a megathread and follow up later with a poll/voting/survey on not just social but ingame for people to concur are their top issues they want addressed a majority priority order. Won't make everyone happy but you can listen to majority who choose to partake at least and silent ones will eventually come out if they don't like it and speak up and join in. Also you can get feedback from different groups or types of players too.

Every month could make a thread on like top few issues that you guys are going to implement changes for in the coming month or do it every quarter if monthly is too much. Bigger design changes take time so those can be quarterly or something. Shows you're acknowleding trends rather than just saying "I'm seeing trends" that way people know exacty which trends you are "seeing" and concidering things can be narrowed from both ends the player to the devs.

Players are going to want ultimate transparency to know their voice is being heard rather than being told as such, individually is hard to accomodate but groups and masses aren't thru feedback threads and survey/polls/voting.

• Like 1