Koldrak? More like Bugdrak...

Hijack

Ok, now seriously @Hime, what is even being done to fix it? I will not even get into the Disconnecting issue, or the afkers. Numerous people have complained about it. We thought it couldn't get worse, but guess what? It did.
Delays between clicking to enter and the windstride animation. Unresponsiveness to accepting the quest, be it from the NPC or the Daily Challenge tab. Again unresponsiveness, to hitting the boss. Most of the time my chars just sit in front of it simply starring like cows contemplating whether to eat that particular patch of grass or not. When we actually bring it down, after a collective sigh of relief, we switch chars praying to whatever entity listens that we don't disconnect. In the off-chance we don't, again delays between clicking "Change Character" and actually reaching the Character Select screen, only to be stuck at "Connecting..." for ages. Just today, on the 2p.m. CET Koldrak, I spent 7 minutes "connecting".
I am not the only one asking about this so, with all due respect, stop ignoring the player community.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Hijack said:

Ok, now seriously @Hime, what is even being done to fix it? I will not even get into the Disconnecting issue, or the afkers. Numerous people have complained about it. We thought it couldn't get worse, but guess what? It did.
Delays between clicking to enter and the windstride animation. Unresponsiveness to accepting the quest, be it from the NPC or the Daily Challenge tab. Again unresponsiveness, to hitting the boss. Most of the time my chars just sit in front of it simply starring like cows contemplating whether to eat that particular patch of grass or not. When we actually bring it down, after a collective sigh of relief, we switch chars praying to whatever entity listens that we don't disconnect. In the off-chance we don't, again delays between clicking "Change Character" and actually reaching the Character Select screen, only to be stuck at "Connecting..." for ages. Just today, on the 2p.m. CET Koldrak, I spent 7 minutes "connecting".
I am not the only one asking about this so, with all due respect, stop ignoring the player community.

What he said, @Hime please fix

• Like 2

Suggestion:

Remove Koldrak from this game

This is the worst running Dungeon in the game for years. You fixed absolutely nothing in all this time.

And especially this bad dungeon is used over and over again for dailies and events while other working dungeons were removed.

Additional we have now
- afk player
- disconnects
- character-switch not possible or endless waiting time (we can play it only with 1 character in those 10min.)
- waiting 30-60sec after beating him for the items to appear in my inventory
- waiting another 30-60sec at the portal when i try to leave.

God, check out at all the forum posts over the years. Why didn't you do anything?
No one can tell me that you aren't aware of it. Means as conclusion, you just don't care.

If you don't want fix it, then remove it.
Give us instead another easy daily task, like beat the 60-80 mobs in moon refuge.
Another good point, it can be done anytime. Not just at certain times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They could just make it something you queue up and once there are 12 ppl it opens an instance, and if they really want to make it a thing that makes ppl log in longer times for play time statistics for business reasons they can slap an 3h timer cooldown once you do it.

I'm 90% sure it lags so bad because their servers are not being able to handle so many people playing same time and from economy standpoint there is no reason to upgrade servers to capacity to handle koldrak when it would be running on 10% load rest time.

So imo only way to solve this is to make it something people just queue for or remove it whatsoever, but I assume complaining here won't do much and even if our management knows it they can't do much about it most likely, since as I remember from already years ago they clearly said it's quite hard to communicate and make proper dialog with KR side and they aren't really too keen to solve issues that we find bothering. Perhaps if people on KR would start massively complain it would be fixed and then implemented here few months later

Koldrak used to be a convenient way to get a fast, easy daily without waiting in LFP, but it's really become a crap-shoot with all the technical issues. I feel like the bare minimum they could do is add a couple of extra time slots. Maybe limit it to 3 runs per character per day if they're worried about devaluing Garnets. Not that extra times would fix the problem, but just that it would give players more opportunities to make up for NCSoft's failure.

Edit: I see DyoxEvo made another thread suggesting expanding the queue time to 30 min instead of 10 and I think that could be a helpful addition as well.

Edited by Unya
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Hijack said:

Agreed @Hime, it's honestly a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ take 😪

• Like 1

👎Unfortunately, the bns team delivers the worst Koldrak performance in its history. There is no way to do dps. It crashes without delay and still takes more than 5 minutes to switch to another character.👎

How did you make it so problematic while having minor issues for Koldrak, congratulations :) 👏👏

I think some ppl go afk because as soon as they begin combat, the game freezes.   Of course,  logging off and restarting game - this is not possible because of all the delays, and the 10 minute event is over by then.  Of course no credit is given to complete daily. 

I have experienced that if you just wait for the game to respond on it's own time, about 15 mins, you can complete the daily, but the reward chest is no longer present to be picked up.

So, as I told before and got banned for it...

KOLDRAK IS FIXED!

I have just done it on 4 characters, no lags whatsoever, no disconnects, no delays of any kind, everything works just perfect.

Everyone please congratulate and thank NCWest for great job they are doing to bring us flawless gaming experience.

Thanks guys and especially thank you @Green Storm for not posting patch notes, that part of fixing Koldrak was quite significant too in my opinion 🙂

Edited by Lägêrtha