Game is in an unplayable state

Arohk

LMe3c15.jpg

The game runs worse and worse, everytime you add a 3rd specc to a class it becomes more unplayable, i can barely move my character anymore or block bosses attacks, and my PC is among the better ones.

It is in an unplayable state at this point, when i do a raid in FF14 with 24 people, i have 60 fps constantly , no drops or anything.

31 minutes ago, campclan2 said:

I have zero problems with this game. Plays beautifully for me. Why does it seem like you are just trying to get people to go to FF14?

Same for me but i do acknowledge there are issues that others are experiencing.

Or fix the ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ tickrate on server and client side, less server crashing maybe ... Some night we are stuck on the lobby ...

And the bad mouth talking about your ISP : blablabla ok ? Because at this rate, we all should live in Germany ...

vor 2 Stunden schrieb RinDman:

And the bad mouth talking about your ISP : blablabla ok ? Because at this rate, we all should live in Germany ...

Living in Germany doesn't help. 

The network layer of this client is just a mess, esp. if the client is about to drop... ofc you can blame you ISP for this if you feel better, but even for me that ingame ping can double at Koldrak lair with the "right" 3rd spec classes around - and with doubled I mean values around 140ms, right, because I am damn close to Frankfurt.

Well I'm gonna be devil's advocate here, I've seen game performance quadruple after a clear reinstall of Windows. So saying that it's all the game's fault isn't exactly true. It can run "ok" under ideal conditions, but still compared to what my rig can pull off in other games it's still pretty horrible.
Honestly it's feels about as good as my phemon II x4 @2.4ghz & GT320 managed at launch, but now i'm running a ryzen 2600 @4.2ghz and a GTX 1070TI. Granted I'm running at 1080p instead of 720p and all details at 5 instead of 4 but you get the idea.

However, I've never had to reinstall windows with any other game to get my FPS back up. So there is something going on with the game, but it's influenced by factors outside of the game.

Side note, 32bit client didn't work for me. Out of sync audio and 5 sec input delays client side.  Haven't tried it again since reinstalling, but I'll update my post with the results.

vor 44 Minuten schrieb RagingPhenix:

However, I've never had to reinstall windows with any other game to get my FPS back up. So there is something going on with the game, but it's influenced by factors outside of the game.

For me  that is FTH from Windows, to prevent the mess I need to edit my registry and redo after every major windows patch, else I get into stutter and freezes after next unplanned termination of the game client.

unknown.png 

Eating 7 Gb of ram for what ?! For caching the packets AND animations awaiting to be read/executed by the client ? Like Mushin Tower at some trove event, there was too many people OR the server channel was full and sending stupid informations to DDOS/freeze us ... We crashed every 2 mins if you don't reload the map/clean memory with some tools

Since I'm not online game dev ( in mmo genre ),  NcKr can't do the job to figure what the exact problem is ... 

And ofc, NCWest can't even provide a solution like Bns China

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2020 at 1:39 PM, Belido said:

Living in Germany doesn't help. 

The network layer of this client is just a mess, esp. if the client is about to drop... ofc you can blame you ISP for this if you feel better, but even for me that ingame ping can double at Koldrak lair with the "right" 3rd spec classes around - and with doubled I mean values around 140ms, right, because I am damn close to Frankfurt.

I didn't "blame" my ISP to feel better as you suggest. They had to replace 400 feet of badly damaged co-ax cable. I know this sounds crazy but what was actually causing the unpredictable sporadic performance was due to many years of squirrels, rats, or who knows what chewing the insulation off of the cable exposing the internal wires. Apparently these types of critters tend to urinate as they move. The random urination was shorting out the signal to the woven sheath that supplies ground. Then it would evaporate and return to normal. This was only obvious after looking at the old cable after they pulled it down off the pole. This could be a very isolated problem but considering I live in Los Angeles I'm thinking it could possibly be a problem for many.  They sent technicians to my house six times before one of them bothered to go up the pole and actually look at it. Three weeks later they came and replaced it. Talk about a low tech problem, lol. Works perfect now.   

vor 9 Minuten schrieb campclan2:

I didn't "blame" my ISP to feel better as you suggest. They had to replace 400 feet of badly damaged co-ax cable. I know this sounds crazy but what was actually causing the unpredictable sporadic performance was due to many years of squirrels, rats, or who knows what chewing the insulation off of the cable exposing the internal wires. Apparently these types of critters tend to urinate as they move. The random urination was shorting out the signal to the woven sheath that supplies ground. Then it would evaporate and return to normal. This was only obvious after looking at the old cable after they pulled it down off the pole. This could be a very isolated problem but considering I live in Los Angeles I'm thinking it could possibly be a problem for many.  They sent technicians to my house six times before one of them bothered to go up the pole and actually look at it. Three weeks later they came and replaced it. Talk about a low tech problem, lol. Works perfect now.   

Holy crap! OK that is 1st time I hear from something like this. OK once some slugs blew-up while doing a short circuit within a distribution point after some rainy days, but that was rather an on/off thingie.

Maybe NCWest should replace their hamsters with those squirrels and rats and everything will run fine?

2 minutes ago, Belido said:

Holy crap! OK that is 1st time I hear from something like this. OK once some slugs blew-up while doing a short circuit within a distribution point after some rainy days, but that was rather an on/off thingie.

Maybe NCWest should replace their hamsters with those squirrels and rats and everything will run fine?

That's what I'm thinking, lol.

On 7/24/2020 at 11:54 PM, 900870_1452550662 said:

Yes it is unplayable and has been for a good while. It will not get better and for people believing in UE4 it is confirmed that there is none.

NCsoft has confirmed that they have cancelled UE4? There will be no Unreal Engine 4 upgrade for B&S PC? Is that what you are saying? If so, I am going to need a link to an official source for that please. I would be very interested to see proof of that.