Simple Mode - Friendly (and Unfriendly) Classes

SilverFoxR

Hey, everyone!

I thought I'd put this idea past you all, just to make a list. Maybe it'll be useful for players down the line. Either way, yes, we're going to talk about the dreaded... (gasp) Simple Mode.

Now, generally speaking, Simple Mode is designed to do your basic bread-and-butter combo for you by holding RMB. It's essentially a mini-macro built into the game. While manual controls can be slightly stronger in most cases, there are some classes where it's not that big of a difference and ultimately, it's not a bad idea to use Simple Mode. For this reason, I thought I'd document a few characters that Simple Mode does indeed work for. However, since I don't know every class and every spec, I decided to open this up, so we can (hopefully) get a somewhat comprehensive list going. That way, we can say that X class with Y path is or is not recommended to use Simple Mode.

And those who say "well no class should" and point to BnS Buddy or other outside programs... let's just focus on what tools the game provides for now. We can suggest those tools another time. For now, let's just go with Simple Mode or Manual for now.

Anyways, with all that said, here's what classes I have found so far work with or without Simple Mode. Please leave information in the comments below and I'll try to edit this thread later on in order to expand it.

---THE CLASSES---

Blade Master

-3rd Spec > Simple Mode Friendly (RMB + F spams nicely)

Kung Fu Master

-Wind > Simple Mode Friendly (although Straight Jab should be disabled to increase DPS)

Blade Dancer

-Lightning > Simple Mode Friendly (though it doesn't do X, C or V, your LMB combo is done reliably. Your RMB switches to LMB in SM if you're looking for it)

Assassin

-Lightning > Simple Mode Friendly

Summoner

-??(maybe both)?? >Simple Mode UNFRIENDLY (spams F inefficiently, large DPS loss)

Warlock

-??(maybe both)?? > Simple Mode UNFRIENDLY (does not use Drain Soul while in Soulburn, lowering DPS)

Soul Fighter

-Frost > Simple Mode Friendly (especially good now that Frost Storm is added to SM controls)

Gunslinger

-Fire > Simple Mode Friendly (I'd actually recommend Simple Mode for Fire Gunslinger as it's pretty useful for auto-using 3 whenever it comes up as well as doing the basic combat loop)

Warden

-Frost > Simple Mode Friendly (outside of Sentry stance, the basic sword combo works well enough. Still need to maintain V and 4 as best as you can)

-Lightning > Simple Mode Friendly

Archer

-Wind > Simple Mode Friendly (actually pretty good! You'll be using most of the RMB combo regardless, using 3>4 or V and C in between. Pretty solid.)

---MORE TO COME---

As I said, I'll be editing this as I go on, so please add on wherever you can and I'll see what I can do.

Edited by SilverFoxR
Updates

vor 5 Stunden schrieb SilverFoxR:

Kung Fu Master

-Wind > Simple Mode Friendly (although a skill in the combo must be disabled to use it effectively)

May i ask which one ? i decided to play it as main for some time so it would be cool seeing a free DPS increase.

2 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

May i ask which one ? i decided to play it as main for some time so it would be cool seeing a free DPS increase.

I'll have to get back to you on the skill in a bit - I don't remember the name or command, but the next time I get on BnS (gonna be out all day), I'll add it. But ya, if you're going with Wind KFM, it's exceptionally easy to use their rotation w/ SM... and the Wingrise Badge for them makes it even nicer =3

vor einer Stunde schrieb SilverFoxR:

I'll have to get back to you on the skill in a bit - I don't remember the name or command, but the next time I get on BnS (gonna be out all day), I'll add it. But ya, if you're going with Wind KFM, it's exceptionally easy to use their rotation w/ SM... and the Wingrise Badge for them makes it even nicer =3

This is my KFM currently. Gonna upgrade to GC 9 if i get the weapon mat soon but thats it i think.

https://bnstree.com/character/eu/Kizutsukeru

But if you say Wingrise is way better thats an upgrade i dont mind since its not expensive.

Classes with bad Simple Mode:

Warlock, Summoner

Warlock:

Can't Cast Drain Soul during Soulburn, losing crit dmg buff as a result. , just remove Drain Soul from simple Mode rotation.

Summoner: Same as Warlock, keeps using his F which casts really slowly and deals little to no damage, if you get weapon resets it keeps casting F F F F... not doing any damage.

5 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

Smite, Open Palm, Sky Kick, Pivot Kick and Triple Kick.

10 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

As I said, I'll be editing this as I go on, so please add on wherever you can and I'll see what I can do.

Madness on warden and 2nd on sin is good too.

16 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

This is my KFM currently. Gonna upgrade to GC 9 if i get the weapon mat soon but thats it i think.

https://bnstree.com/character/eu/Kizutsukeru

But if you say Wingrise is way better thats an upgrade i dont mind since its not expensive.

Hey!

Sorry for the long wait on the response. Been out literally all day and was not able to log onto BnS to give a good answer.

The skill I couldn't remember to disable for Simple Mode on Wind KFM is Straight Jab (lmb normally). For some reason, they added it in for focus recovery, but disabling it allows you to use Roundhouse Kick and Cyclone Kick reliably and, with everything firing on all cylinders, you won't be losing focus anyways =p

As for Wingrise, yeah, it's amazing. If you look up it up on Youtube, it should be getting you about a 200k increase and a much easier rotation. It pretty much keeps resetting Wind Gyre (V) whenever you need it, instantly sets up Searing Palm (X) every time you do and lets you use Comet Strike (4) 2 times, which casting Comet Strike gives you a Critical bonus. The rotation is somewhat the same: V>X>4>RMB (Simple Mode), but V comes off cooldown WAY faster, since Cyclone Kick lowers Wind Gyre's cooldown.

I have not gotten the badge myself yet, but I've seen it in action and man... so nice =3

vor einer Stunde schrieb SilverFoxR:

Hey!

Sorry for the long wait on the response. Been out literally all day and was not able to log onto BnS to give a good answer.

The skill I couldn't remember to disable for Simple Mode on Wind KFM is Straight Jab (lmb normally). For some reason, they added it in for focus recovery, but disabling it allows you to use Roundhouse Kick and Cyclone Kick reliably and, with everything firing on all cylinders, you won't be losing focus anyways =p

As for Wingrise, yeah, it's amazing. If you look up it up on Youtube, it should be getting you about a 200k increase and a much easier rotation. It pretty much keeps resetting Wind Gyre (V) whenever you need it, instantly sets up Searing Palm (X) every time you do and lets you use Comet Strike (4) 2 times, which casting Comet Strike gives you a Critical bonus. The rotation is somewhat the same: V>X>4>RMB (Simple Mode), but V comes off cooldown WAY faster, since Cyclone Kick lowers Wind Gyre's cooldown.

I have not gotten the badge myself yet, but I've seen it in action and man... so nice =3

OK thx i was thinking Wingrise might be a bad choice cause of Wind Gyre not resetting upon Blue Buff but im going to get Wingrise then.

On 3/3/2020 at 4:51 AM, SilverFoxR said:

Summoner

-??(maybe both)?? >Simple Mode UNFRIENDLY (spams F inefficiently, large DPS loss)

Simple mode for both summoner specs is flat out garbage and no one should be using it. Even if you tweak it with addons its still horrible compared to an actual macro you make yourself or pressing the keys yourself.

9 hours ago, ImoutoMaster said:

OK thx i was thinking Wingrise might be a bad choice cause of Wind Gyre not resetting upon Blue Buff but im going to get Wingrise then.

I think this'll be a pretty good explanation. You can see how fast Wind Gyre comes off cooldown thanks to Roundhouse and Cyclone Kick (your Simple Mode skills) lowering Wind Gyre's cooldown.

• 1 year later...

I know it's an old topic, but I think it would be very useful for new or returning players to clear some content while learning to play the classes, so I was wondering if anything changed in the last year, either due to some patches or to the release of some third specs.

As an example, while I'm still not done with the main quest, on my force master I noticed against the training dummy that, with simple mode, fire has significantly higher dps than the other two specs, with ice being the one performing the worst and lightning requiring the most managing and understanding of the skills, in a way that most of the time I feel like simple mode is just bad for it.

3 hours ago, ShakaAlek said:

I know it's an old topic, but I think it would be very useful for new or returning players to clear some content while learning to play the classes, so I was wondering if anything changed in the last year, either due to some patches or to the release of some third specs.

As an example, while I'm still not done with the main quest, on my force master I noticed against the training dummy that, with simple mode, fire has significantly higher dps than the other two specs, with ice being the one performing the worst and lightning requiring the most managing and understanding of the skills, in a way that most of the time I feel like simple mode is just bad for it.

This should have stayed buried because some of it is straight up incorrect. IE) Light BD is one of the least simple-mode friendly specs, period. You lose minimum 30-40% of your damage potential with simple-mode because it can cast flicker multiple times per lightening flash (flicker does almost no damage) and does not allow for animation canceling or weaving which is a massive dps loss. 

As for your FM question, while nearly every class and spec requires fused soul badges to operate properly, fire FM has high enough base stats and buffs to do considerably more damage than the other specs (with little to no gear)*.

Edited by Killifishy

3 hours ago, ShakaAlek said:

Fire is pretty nice with simple mode, just buff up with solar flare , fire Epic then trigger talisman within cast time,4 , then go simple mode rotation and it will be quite OK already. Esp if your UI is quite laggy.

Thanks for the replies.
I think, if it gets corrected, that the topic could still be useful if it's kept up to date, and I have to say that I'm having a hard time finding much information that isn't dated at the moment, especially for what one should do for gear fresh out of the storyline.
So far I got stuck at refreshed naksun at mushin's tower, and I still don't have evolving accessories, and in all the content enemy hp seems to be absurdly high, and the weapon needs a lot of materials that are hard to get to evolve.
Well, this was a bit oot, so I'll stop, you did answer what I came here for, so thanks again.

13 hours ago, Killifishy said:

This should have stayed buried because some of it is straight up incorrect. IE) Light BD is one of the least simple-mode friendly specs, period. You lose minimum 30-40% of your damage potential with simple-mode because it can cast flicker multiple times per lightening flash (flicker does almost no damage) and does not allow for animation canceling or weaving which is a massive dps loss.

Yup, same is also true for lightning sin. This guide was bad even back then when it was posted.