Imagine destroying this game for a quick cash grab.

itsthem

I have spent more than I have on any other game, not once have a felt satisfied with a purchase, £40 for some pack filled with one good item rest junk filler that we have 1000's of, or plain just don't need.

I played since OB and back then it was evident that they cared about player feedback, now people are invested in the game they treat us with disdain. 

Look at the recent dev interview for instance, what was that about? Answered some questions no one gives a damn about whilst ignoring all the really important gripes we have.

Even the die-hard BnS Youtubers have finally turned on NCS, never thought I would see the day Keroppi would have a bad word to say, but all his latest videos mock or critique the current state.

If NCS think that UE4 is going to be the saviour of this sinking ship they are much mistaken, there are several major MMORPS coming to the west this year.

The real issue is the devs selling out all their work for a quick cash grab and it worked, I spent over £100 over the past month, but after every time I swipe I feel violated and tricked even tho I have plenty of disposable income I feel like I'm giving it to the devil himself.

• Like 2

I felt satisfied twice, one was an outfit RnG box but the normal outfits from the box were relly good and the hairs you could buy with the breakdown coins were really good. Second was the Gem Powder baggies they just had, even though I despise the gem system I though they were a good enough value to not complain all that much.

Really a lot is riding on what we may see tomorrow, because UE4 is the ONLY thing keeping a lot of people here from an already dismal population. If it's buggy crap of worse causes more problems I think the remaining people on the fence (like me) will finally jump ship, not to mention there are A LOT of MMOs coming this year and some actually look decent for a change, no Korean ones, surprise, surprise. 

1 hour ago, itsthem said:

there are several major MMORPS coming to the west this year.

If you think any of them will be more than a quick cash grab you're dellusional.

The MMO Market has gone gone the way of making quick money with a lot of garbage "micro" transactions, even sub based MMO's have ingame shops now.

7 hours ago, Arohk said:

If you think any of them will be more than a quick cash grab you're dellusional.

The MMO Market has gone gone the way of making quick money with a lot of garbage "micro" transactions, even sub based MMO's have ingame shops now.

Whos to say they are all going to be free to play?  

Besides I know one Free to play game that is making promises of not selling p2w items and I look forward to playing. 

• Like 1

I suggest anyone waiting for UE4 to look at Korean streamers playing it today and see what a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ show it is, the only good thing about this game (the combat) has been turned into utter garbage, they added auto hunting and there are multiple visual glitches and the game crashes constantly.

If this is what we will eventually get shipped to the West than please don't force us to switch from UE3 to UE4

• Like 1

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Captain WeebM@ster:

I suggest anyone waiting for UE4 to look at Korean streamers playing it today and see what a ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ show it is, the only good thing about this game (the combat) has been turned into utter garbage, they added auto hunting and there are multiple visual glitches and the game crashes constantly.

If this is what we will eventually get shipped to the West than please don't force us to switch from UE3 to UE4

Well EU/NA is not deciding what we get and since KR decided this update is gonna come to KR in this current state (keep in mind i havent watched UE4 yet) we will get it with the same bugs etc.

If UE4 is not gonna be fixing the performance and keeping the gameplay how it used to be our ~ 2500 - 3000 Players are gonna get reduced even more. (This number is not official its my own guess but its not EU only or NA its booth).

7 hours ago, itsthem said:

Whos to say they are all going to be free to play?  

Besides I know one Free to play game that is making promises of not selling p2w items and I look forward to playing. 

I hate to burst your bubble but...NC made the same proimise when the game came out, Revelation Online made the same promises when it came out, many other games made the exact same promise.....and yet they all got p2w stuff. You may not see it for a month or two but then it will be added anyway so dont get your hopes up, and whether a game is free to play or pay 2 play doesnt really matter at this point.

• Like 1

In general when you're spending money on microtransactions/lootboxes which a % chance to retrieve an item you wish for, chances are you will be spending more money to reepeat that scam.

If people stop supporting this type of cash model companies will be forced to drop prices and eventually change cash grab practices. As long there are people out there who pay 40$ and complain about it they will continue

Edited by Nyxsm

16 minutes ago, Nyxsm said:

If people stop supporting this type of cash model companies will be forced to drop prices and eventually change cash grab practices.

Then companies will close all the cash grab games. They wont change anything.

The UE4 release has the potential to be something good just like the original game did. But... this is NCSoft we're talking about. UE4 could easily be the death of another one of their dwindling number of mmos. If it wasn't for original Lineage, who knows if NCSoft would even exist today.

IF they don't cheap out and put UE4 on the same cheap garbage servers in Texas and instead invest in not-garbage servers. Great! Will they do it? Strongly doubt it. For a game like this that could have a strong competitive arena scene, why would you pick garbage servers to host it on in the first place? I live less than a day's drive from the data center and still have over 150ms ping and that's rare. Usually its 200-220ms+. That's ridiculous. Meanwhile, last I played WoW, solid 50-60ms constantly. Someone picked bad servers. Someone else that isn't a greedy suit picked good servers. When you log into the UE4 version and your ping is over 200ms, you'll have your answer. If its over 200ms, it is in fact a cash grab just like the old game was.

Making an updated version of an already old dated game is a huge risk. It will be a separate install and separate client. There will be 2 versions of BnS. The Old and the New. What happens to the old when the new releases? People from the Old migrate and start over on the New 'updated' version. A giant population hit to the old version everyone is already invested in be it with time or $$$ (which is reason #1 they're doing this UE4 thing at all... $$$).  What is the UE4 version is worse? Cutting corners to save a buck and ignore issues is how this company functions. What if its an even more 'Free2Play' mmo than the Old game with more pay2win and more 'we created frustrating problems and make you pay to fix them' bs? Are we r e a l l y that naïve to believe they'll spend their time fixing problems instead of rushing a bad product out the door for that first month of revenue and milking weak willed people(whales)? Spend little... make much.

I am no optimistic in the slightest about the UE4 update. Especially when it comes to NCWest. Lets not forget that we were the only region with paywalled Wardrobe for years. A major key aspect of the game locked away by greed. Add to that the horrid servers they use and its no wonder everyone flocked away as quickly as they did. Will they repeat the same greedy scummy mistake (unlike all the other regions) with UE4? I expect the worst and why wouldn't I?

They have a great opportunity available with UE4 and already they could under sale and over deliver and shatter everyone's negative expectations and repair their pretty awful reputation. That should be their key focus as a company. Stop pushing customers away. Stop! Bring them in so you have more than just old as heck Lineage 1 making you money. Unfortunately, they're using that Lineage money to make garbage mobile games that sadly will make easy no-risk money. At least for a few months. Everything for PC will likely be put on the back burner as 'low priority' or 'low revenue'. Including BnS. There is a reason publishers are rushing to mobile. A sad tragic reason. Those people aren't privy nor wise to 'Free2Play' scummy-ness and are ripe for the swindling. That ocean is chalk full of stupid weak minded whales while the PC ocean has been over fished for a decade.

Edited by Ghennkins

5 minutes ago, KzE said:

Its already worse. Just read the comments :D

Frontier is a test server afterall. You will see a lot of issues and problems on it. That does not mean they will not change anything / fix issues that the players report.

Everyone is going on this train on how trash the UE4 frontier port is while no one actually takes into consideration thatits actually a Ue4 beta test at the moment.

Either way as soon as its finished downloading i will have a go at it myself.

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

Frontier is a test server afterall. You will see a lot of issues and problems on it. That does not mean they will not change anything / fix issues that the players report.

Everyone is going on this train on how trash the UE4 frontier port is while no one actually takes into consideration thatits actually a Ue4 beta test at the moment.

I dont think the half pc, half phone feature... or "issue" will be fixed.

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

Lets see it was announced around 2017 i believe thats 3 years developement time.

Knowing most Devs announce stuff when they already finished something they should have had atleast a bit of UE4 finished back then.

Now looking at thoose 3 years they only managed to develope lvl 45 content which is already a huge failure they also brought a buggy and not even finished beta.

To me it looks like they are doing a very bad job in this time they should have finished the whole game already and where is the PS4 version ? Such a lvl 45 Version would be perfect for console but thats another story.

On 2/27/2020 at 1:28 AM, Grimoir said:

Hate to burst your bubble, but all the patches/updates we have were allegedly tested and we still ended up with disastrous results. I don't have any hope they can deliver something that isn't a mess worse than Storm of Arrows ever was.