The Golden Harvest Festival Patch Notes & Overview

Sunshine

1 psyche = 30 scales

5 psyches to max ONE shield = 150 scales

ONE shield set has 8 shields = 8 x 150 = 1200 scales

2 scales per day (excluding the event) = 600 DAYS IN A ROW of beating Koldrak just to collect enough scales for ONE SHIELD SET which is replaced at least once per year, and by the time 600 days will pass the legendary version of psyches will be in game, which will cost way more of course.

On top of that 40x 100g + 40x 15g + 40x 2 transformation stones = around 6k gold for what, 80 boss ap.

Another great stuff, just like the unity system. Can't wait for more /s

2 minutes ago, Walex said:

ONE shield set has 8 shields = 8 x 150 = 1200 scales

2 scales per day (excluding the event) = 600 DAYS IN A ROW of beating Koldrak just to collect enough scales for ONE SHIELD SET which is replaced at least once per year, and by the time 600 days will pass the legendary version of psyches will be in game, which will cost way more of course.

i m sorry but koldrak has been out for how long now? you had all the time to save up scales if you didnt thats on you.

• Like 1

Gerade eben schrieb Grimoir:

i m sorry but koldrak has been out for how long now? you had all the time to save up scales if you didnt thats on you.

Because everyone is playing since koldrak release and knew that this things come... right? (rhetorical question!) Its not like you needed the scales for things like garnets or so.
It is definitely too much what you need and too less what you get. thats a fact.

17 minutes ago, CrazyDude90 said:

Because everyone is playing since koldrak release and knew that this things come... right? (rhetorical question!) Its not like you needed the scales for things like garnets or so.
It is definitely too much what you need and too less what you get. thats a fact.

Koldrak was out for at least a year out of 2,9 years this game was released. Not to mention Garnets are easy farm from shadowmoor since a few months there is no reason you wouldnt have a bunch of scales unless you went the lazy road and decided not to bother withit.

Also it wa known for at least 2 months that soulshield psyches would come anyway.

• Like 1

Yes I do have some scales, so what. It's not about myself but about any player. Either an old one, a new one or someone who came back, doesn't matter.
The amount required to max full set is a whole 'nother level, and the time required to gather enough scales is much bigger than the time between new shield sets.
Stop being a stubborn whiteknight.

• Like 2

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

Koldrak was out for at least a year out of 2,9 years this game was released. Not to mention Garnets are easy farm from shadowmoor since a few months there is no reason you wouldnt have a bunch of scales unless you went the lazy road and decided not to bother withit.

Also it wa known for at least 2 months that soulshield psyches would come anyway.

how i said: not everyone play that long.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Grimoir:

I am 100% sure the majority of player dont knew it + NCWe$t never said something about ss psyches.

So it was not known.

Doesn't really matter as this is flawed from day 1. As Walex said, raids are being released regularly and by the time you get to have all the scales needed to upgrade your whole set, it's most likely NC would have released two other raids by then. I fail to see the logic here aside from inciting players to spend a few bucks on Trove/etc to get extra Koldrak scales.

This is, yet, another "useless" content which just make the game even more ridiculous by how much different ways you have to upgrade your gear.

Meanwhile, there's a few ideas requiring more or less the same efforts that would actually make the game more alive and have more variety of contents/options such as hard modes for every dungeons (at least starting from Avalanche Den + up to the average gear of players), just an example out of many.

il y a 50 minutes, Grimoir a dit :

It's also one's right to spend their scales on something else like extra XP charms or even Grand Celestial wings for all they'd care. There's not much of a legitimate reason as to why anyone should have saved their scales, as far as I know people are free to spend their currencies like they're pleased to. (or also the fact Koldrak is simply far from enjoyable for most of the people : higher latency problems, very gimmicky fight, ...)

Players complaining or not, as I said above, the psyches doesn't make sense for the simple reason that a set of soul shield gets "irrelevant" quite fast nowadays. 

Edited by Rephirea
  • Like 2

I am not here to defend the soul shield psyches. They are not appealing to me and there are other things that I need to upgrade before even thinking about this stuff.

Just do the same. Skip those psyches if it takes too long for you and let others that got the time or the money invest in those. If they pay for it, and the server at the same time, good for them and us. And if no one, or more likely only a few people, use the psyches NCSOFT will know that this feature isn't appreciated by the players.

• Like 1

So if I breakdown this "patch", we've got:

1. a P2W event aka Trove 2.0
  2. a common event with lame-ass, outdated rewards (Fallen SS for real?)
  3. Psyches that are impossible to get
  4. a new achievement that grants an outstanding, mind-blowing 1 Skill Enhancement point

We truly can't have nice things in this game, can we. Anything and everything feels like a chore. Nothing feels rewarding, absolutely nothing.

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

It kinda is the point.  There is no reason you wouldnt have a pile of scales unless you didnt do koldrak. :)

Bro, here you are again whiteknighting the developer.

I tell you, I want to do Koldrak everyday BUT THE TIMING doesn't allow NORMAL ASIAN PEOPLE with WORK AND LIFE to do it.

The timing is 3am, 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm for GMT+8 (Asia is mainly GMT+7 to GMT+9)

So you tell me whether it is possible for me to farm Koldrak everyday or not?

I wake up at 7am+ and goes to work before 9am, and come back at 7pm, which is normal for all working people in Asia.

You tell me Yes.

4 hours ago, prietess said:

The timing is 3am, 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm for GMT+8 (Asia is mainly GMT+7 to GMT+9)

Who's fault is it you chose to play this version even though you live in an asian country? Last I recalled there was a japan, korean, china, and who knows what other version of this game there was which would more than likely cater to your timezone. If you cant find a spare 10mins (or less) out of your day to do ONE single koldrake then thats on you not us so take that energy elsewhere.

On the other side of things, yall are forgetting that yall are perfectly fine to take this game at your OWN pace. Majority of you aren't even capable of doing current raid content, and had it not been for 'novice mode' most of you wouldn't even be capable of doing half decent dungeon content. Nobody is forcing anybody to farm koldrak's for theses psyches, as someone pointed out, these psyches wont appeal to everyone and its what 80 boss ap and some other crap? big whoop its not like that 80 boss ap is going to get you anywhere honestly and truly. Yes I agree we are getting content very quickly so shield wise, you may not get to truly enjoy it before the next set comes out and i cant argue against that logic. However, there are some of you (a lot of you actually) that are still wearing the fallen shield set because you cant get a TT run. At the end of the day, if you don't like the event then don't do it, if you don't like the shield psyches then don't get them pretend they don't exist and push forward.

6 hours ago, prietess said:

Bro, here you are again whiteknighting the developer.

I tell you, I want to do Koldrak everyday BUT THE TIMING doesn't allow NORMAL ASIAN PEOPLE with WORK AND LIFE to do it.

I wake up at 7am+ and goes to work before 9am, and come back at 7pm, which is normal for all working people in Asia.

You tell me Yes.

So...its white knighting ebcause you chose to play a region that has a different time zone  from where you live despite the fact there are versions that are actually in your time zone?

Also you just need to do it 1 time per day. Its not the publishers or developers fault what happens in your life or the times you work. that is purely your own problem.

11 hours ago, Rephirea said:

It's also one's right to spend their scales on something else like extra XP charms or even Grand Celestial wings for all they'd care. There's not much of a legitimate reason as to why anyone should have saved their scales, as far as I know people are free to spend their currencies like they're pleased to. (or also the fact Koldrak is simply far from enjoyable for most of the people : higher latency problems, very gimmicky fight, ...)

Players complaining or not, as I said above, the psyches doesn't make sense for the simple reason that a set of soul shield gets "irrelevant" quite fast nowadays. 

Completely agree, thats why because they can choose what they spend it on, they have a mind of their own where they themselves can decide if they want to spend it on useless items or hold on to them. Those who did, can now enjoy psyches, those who didnt want to , well its their own fault.

As for the psyches making sense, well, its more a convenience thing and its in no way needed for any content. So if you feel its a waste, dont use them. 80 Boss attack power wont do that much for people anyway if they do not have properly upgraded gear to support it.

10 hours ago, Rysa said:

Psyches that are impossible to get

How are they impossible to get? They are for a free in game currency that is available for over a year now. Guess if they added cosmetics to koldrak people would also cry they are impossible to get....

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

As for the psyches making sense, well, its more a convenience thing and its in no way needed for any content. So if you feel its a waste, dont use them. 80 Boss attack power wont do that much for people anyway if they do not have properly upgraded gear to support it.

It's not about if it's needed for any content or not. It's about BEING ABLE to UPGRADE something that comes out (that's the point of it, huh?) in a REASONABLE AMOUNT OF TIME.
Now explain us how do you want to psyche ALL soulshields from ALL raids that are coming every year, starting from ET? Because it looks like it takes around 12 months for a new raid to be released, and 20 months need to be spent to collect scales. HOW do you want to upgrade ET shields, then next raid shields, and so on?

Also I've just finished reading patch notes (had no time earlier). What's the point of adding ONE skill point?

vor 33 Minuten schrieb Walex:

HOW do you want to upgrade ET shields, then next raid shields, and so on?

i am 100% sure NC will give us another way to get the psyches since they did the same with Garnets (was exclusive to Koldrak) and the last Bracelet got reduced alot. Its probably just a quick cash grab cause Trove is here and scales will be in trove like everytime i believe.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

How are they impossible to get? They are for a free in game currency that is available for over a year now.

1. How are you supposed to know about the soul shield psyches if you only play EU ? i heared it through rumors in my guild just like 3 weeks ago.

2. You think 600 Days is reasonable ? imagine you used ur psyches for ET now but soon we will get a new raid with new soul shields and again you need to farm 600 Days but when you are finally finished with farming we got another raid with a new soul shield.

You simply cant expect a Playerbase of Eu/NA to always read KR Patchnotes etc.  If Nc would do a good job they would look into the reasons why EU and NA lose players so much its mostly cause its impossible to get max gear without cashing like hell and they decide to bring something else into the game which can only be reached by using F10.

• Like 1

Il y a 2 heures, Grimoir a dit :

As for the psyches making sense, well, its more a convenience thing and its in no way needed for any content.

That kinda leads to the main problem : there's once again no "content". It's nothing about playing/farming the game in a specific way because it's another "unrealistic long-term" upgrade which this game has way too many by now.

"Unrealistic" > for the reasons that has been said already on this thread : a set of 8 maxed psyches will take longer to acquire than getting the new higher soul shield set coming from newer raids.

"Long-term" > because of the fact that's your typical : It's "only" 80 boss AP, it doesn't make much of a difference because it's over-the-top anyway. While it's true, there's another reverse effect that also makes it some kind of future "requirement" by the community so themselves will be "forced" to obtain a set of psyche'd soul shields either way.

You might think it's the comunity's fault in some way, but in any ways I've spoken my mind on reddit about it recently that the playerbase is kinda "forced mentally" to follow this kind of path as the only playable and relevant contents is only the "endgame" ones, which makes people having to 'compete' for the 'best' PvE gear in every ways imaginable. You don't need max anything at all to clear ET but people ends up wondering about it when they get a group of people that clears it in a certain amount of time, which makes people looking up to this said group and be like "I wish I could clear this as fast as them as well". (or any kind of "idol" thoughts) 

This might have not happen if the devs would actually keep the contents relevant instead of pushing it further into the trashcan, it's like they don't even respect their own work to begin with which is quite sad.

We have probably 15+ heroic dungeons and only 4 of them are still relevant, only these 4 of them can be played in hard mode. The rest is non-existant, which mean non attractive so people skip those and play the top ones, and what do they need to join these top dungeons ? This kind of gear.

It's a vicious circle.

Edited by Rephirea
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Walex said:

Now explain us how do you want to psyche ALL soulshields from ALL raids that are coming every year, starting from ET? Because it looks like it takes around 12 months for a new raid to be released, and 20 months need to be spent to collect scales. HOW do you want to upgrade ET shields, then next raid shields, and so on?

The point is not "how do you want to" the question you should ask yourself is "do you want to". Its nowhere needed, it wont even give a significant boost. Its just adding an extra use for items most players have an abundance off.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

How are they impossible to get? They are for a free in game currency that is available for over a year now. Guess if they added cosmetics to koldrak people would also cry they are impossible to get....

Yeah Koldrak was released quite some time ago, but Koldrak is one of the most annoying Dungeons. Not only it takes ages to finish, its buggy like hell and i wont even start talking about FPS and Lags. I know quite a lot of people who stop bothering farming this over the top shitty dungeon because of regular crashes, freezes, fps drops (yeah at Koldrak we count in Frames pro stunde / Frames per hour)
I have ~20-30 FPS in every raid, even TT boss 1 with player visible, at Koldrak i have 3-5 FPS with people invisible I wanted the pet and outfit but gave up due to crashes, freezes and bugs. I dont know how many times i bugged / glitshed into Koldraks tail at his tailswipe and was pulled into the lava where i died because of lags, bad collissions and so on.

And you expect people to do this shitty dungeon on a daily base where there was nothing worth the efford?
LoL Dude, you are realy an expert in whitknighting...

2 minutes ago, Merlin DE said:

And you expect people to do this shitty dungeon on a daily base where there was nothing worth the efford?
LoL Dude, you are realy an expert in whitknighting...

Its 1 per day for the scales. Thats it. Worst case you dont even need to be DPSing the boss if your FPS in there is that bad considering even the basic starter gear currently is far above requirements for koldrak.

People need to start taking the responsibility for their own decisions, its not NC's fault you decided not to do the dungeon (despite fPS issues etc), its your own. This has nothing to do with white knighting, this is calling things out as they are.

Before i upgraded my PC i also had issues in koldrak but i still entered, because as long as there is a currency to be obtained there its still relevant, regardless if the npc was updated or not.

vor 1 Minute schrieb Grimoir:

Its 1 per day for the scales. Thats it. Worst case you dont even need to be DPSing the boss if your FPS in there is that bad considering even the basic starter gear currently is far above requirements for koldrak.

People need to start taking the responsibility for their own decisions, its not NC's fault you decided not to do the dungeon (despite fPS issues etc), its your own. This has nothing to do with white knighting, this is calling things out as they are.

Before i upgraded my PC i also had issues in koldrak but i still entered, because as long as there is a currency to be obtained there its still relevant, regardless if the npc was updated or not.

oh come on dont play the BAD PC-Card we all know this is bullshit, i have a mid-top range Gaming PC and have problems anyway. Even people with top gaming pcs have problems in raids / MSP / Koldrak since bns is the worst game ever regarding optimizations. So dont blame people the loos interest in doing a bullshit dungeon where you freeze or even crashes and dont even get the freaking worthless loot in worst case.

And honestly 5-6 weeks back in time befor the first rumors about Soulshield psyches came up, no on realy thought about koldrak could be relevant in any case anyway.
So yeah, blaming people for not existend optimizations of BnS and blaming people for avoiding a freaking shitty dungeon not worth the time you spend and not be able to look in the future, that NC-Soft could decide to reuse old crap content for new stuff, is whithknighting at its best.

2 month agon no one could realy guess, NC-Soft would be that bold to ever use koldrak scales for anything new. And even then, only those people who follow korean updates or regulary check reddit (our Communitymanagers dont think its nessesary to keep us up to date untill its to late) knew about this.

I get sick of those who say that it is your fault if you do not have scales to climb your ss with the psyches, the problem here is the execution time it will take to maxiarize them is something totally exaggerated and inneserial; you see the little attention that they put to the game itself and that is what bothers what is the intention of putting a team that takes so long to upgrade it is simple that they buy it through the store with cash and after the Whales spend their money after three weeks we lower the cost and say that it was a mistake on our part and that is why we have fixed it is what Ncsoft always has done in the last three patches, which makes them think that they will not on this occasion

• Like 1

• Hime unpinned this topic