Astarae

Please allow us to use simple mode in training room dungeons.

Recommended Posts

Astarae   

It's needed now.  I without being able to use simple mode, the training room is worthless, so rename it whatever, but I need to be able to compare what settings in skills and enhancements will do the most DPS.  I can't train determining the best way to fight if I use the same mode in to test my damage as I use in dungeon.   Anyone who disagrees -- tell me how ALLOWING someone the choice whether or not to use simple mode breaks your game.  Why shouldn't people be able to train under the same conditions they use in the dungeon.

 

There is no reason not to allow it that isn't already covered by not allowing simple mode below level 55-60.  

 

Why put something in and then randomly break it so people can't rely on it or use it?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MantisxD   

You know you can use simple mode in f12 actualy but you need to do few steps.

1. While you are out of f12 turn simple mode on

2. Press ctrl+f2 to change from bns mode to classic mode.

3. Enter f12

4. Press ctrl+f2 to change mode from classic to bns mode again

5. You can use simple mode in f12.

However if you turn it off in f12 and want to use again you need to do all steps all over again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astarae   
1 hour ago, MantisxD said:

You know you can use simple mode in f12 actualy but you need to do few steps.

Used to work before this last patch.  I know.  But doesn't work anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hanuku   

Can't help you with activating simple mode on training, BUT maybe you can manually emulate what it does. After like a bunch of years of my own simple mode always greyed out, recently, I can start using it on level 60 characters (still can't use it on non max level characters but w/e). If you didn't know, Simple mode's skill set is displayed in the skills menu. You know, when you normally open that menu, you get an "Icons" button which tells you a full table with all your skills divided by key. With simple mode activated, this icons screen is changed to a "Simple" screen, which shows everything simple mode will do. So maybe you could just try to emulate that on the training room to get a rough estimate of what t does for you.

 

Now, from what I'm seeing on most classes I've tested it with, simple mode usually is a mix of lmb (or rmb in some classes)  with whatever pops from F. The rest of the skills are still completely manual. So far I've seen only FM tossing a few more skills into the mix. But otherwise, it's usually all about a 3 skill "rotation". In the case of my BD for example, the benefit I get from it is that I don't need to press F manually. But otherwise it's the exact same experience as running without it. It still improves my attack since now F will just pop as fast as it's available, though.

 

Anyway, see if you can emulate what simple mode does. Though yeah, I'm with you on simple mode on the training place. Just disable it for the separate training rounds, but allow it on the boss training section.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MantisxD   
6 hours ago, Astarae said:

Used to work before this last patch.  I know.  But doesn't work anymore.

Hm havent tryed it after patch so it might be then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aulann   

My rotation as an earth destroyer. "Destroys" my hand without simple mode. I need it to play my class and without the ability to use it in F12 I can not parse correctly. I beg you NCsoft. Please allow us to use it in F12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I support this. I get why it doesn't work for the separate combo rounds but for the bosses in the training room this would be great

Edited by LoliDolly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Astarae   
On 4/12/2019 at 1:10 AM, Hanuku said:

Can't help you with activating simple mode on training, BUT maybe you can manually emulate what it does. After like a bunch of years of my own simple mode always greyed out, recently, I can start using it on level 60 characters (still can't use it on non max level characters but w/e). If you didn't know, Simple mode's skill set is displayed in the skills menu. You know, when you normally open that menu, you get an "Icons" button which tells you a full table with all your skills divided by key. With simple mode activated, this icons screen is changed to a "Simple" screen, which shows everything simple mode will do. So maybe you could just try to emulate that on the training room to get a rough estimate of what t does for you.

I see the options, but no way can I press the keys that fast or reliably.  It's able to make

decisions on based on the game's state and press the right key -- I don't always know the game's state let alone press the right key, the right number of times -- or know that the key was accepted.  W/the automatic mode, it puts in the next key exactly when it is needed and not ignored.  Vs. me -- hitting a key multiple times because it hasn't reacted, but then seeing it react too many times...etc.  There's no way to do that rotation as reliably as letting the computer do it.  And that's the main point -- you can't reliably benchmark a set of options to compare to another set where you've changed one option and see if it gives you overall better DPS or worse.  

 

As much as possible it allows you to hold the activation of the keys and selected skills to  as much of a constant that they can get.  Humans can't replicate that "sameness" so there's no way to test your different options for what is better, without also throwing in alot of human variability.

On 4/12/2019 at 1:10 AM, Hanuku said:

Anyway, see if you can emulate what simple mode does. Though yeah, I'm with you on simple mode on the training place. Just disable it for the separate training rounds, but allow it on the boss training section.

So, unless someone has a robot that can do simple mode reliably at the same speed and always get the right keys at the right time, you can't really emulate what it does.  It would be worthless for the skill-training section because it would go off and do it's normal thing when the training section is focusing on something else.  So it never would have been useful there -- only during training on the different Bosses.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now