17/10/18 Blade and Ghoul Event

SinCity

So i've been running around killing the bosses with the XX amount of players dropping my fps to freaking oblivion but thats okay, i got a little confused after a while how the drop works, i've been getting 1 box from each boss, and after a while, i couldn't get anything.

Is there a cap you can earn per day from the bosses? 

Is there a minimum total damage requirement? (It quite seems absurd, cus i manage to make quite a decent burst and still fail to get a box). 

If there is a total damage requirement, for the love of god, remove it or lower it. 

3 hours ago, SinCity said:

So i've been running around killing the bosses with the XX amount of players dropping my fps to freaking oblivion but thats okay, i got a little confused after a while how the drop works, i've been getting 1 box from each boss, and after a while, i couldn't get anything.

Is there a minimum total damage requirement? (It quite seems absurd, cus i manage to make quite a decent burst and still fail to get a box). 

If there is a total damage requirement, for the love of god, remove it or lower it. 

There is another post about this..

3 hours ago, SinCity said:

There is no minimum damage requirement, however Idk the exact number, only the top dps of everyone that attacked the boss, gets quest credit and loot.

Afaik you can kill and loot the bosses as many times as you like.

Jonathan said in the event preview stream that you only needed to hit the bosses to get credit and loot (except Visasa, whose rewards are damage-based). But it is NOT so. I haven't got neither credit nor loot from the 3 daily quests bosses and Tarakhan several times too, even though I did do damage... but obviously not enough. 

If they dont change that, it sucks. 

P.S. And that was with a Raven 3, 1150 AP char, btw. 

event needs a hotfix to give the "bosses" at least 100.000.000 HP so people have a chance to actually attack them.

yes 100 MILLION

Even bosses like Ak'Bul with 76m HP gets killed in less than a minute by 1-2 palyers.

I think i skip this event, waiting for the bosses to re-spawn with 30 others and try to land a hit seems a waste of time.

12 hours ago, Nimble Fumble said:

Jonathan said in the event preview stream that you only needed to hit the bosses to get credit and loot (except Visasa, whose rewards are damage-based). But it is NOT so. I haven't got neither credit nor loot from the 3 daily quests bosses and Tarakhan several times too, even though I did do damage... but obviously not enough. 

If they dont change that, it sucks. 

P.S. And that was with a Raven 3, 1150 AP char, btw. 

Dw i was on my alt which is Aransu 3 and got no credit on 2 of the bosses. And that includes using my ultimate skill while keeping up my damage as he didnt drop super fast. Bahaha what a joke. :giggle:

This event is good on paper, sucks sweaty donkey nuts in practice.

Using an old daily area with temporarily boosted mobs for an event? Good idea. In practice, the combat XP they give is so ridiculously trivial that it makes no difference even with stacked XP boosts. My main would need about four hundred thousand (400,000) kills to get to next HM level from farming these things. And they drop less than ten copper each. In about half an hour of mobbing I got two drops of thriller coins. No matter how I look at it, farming Zaiwei Ruins mobs makes no sense in terms of rewards.

Dailies are difficult or impossible to complete, depending on gear level. Here we have super geared people competing with folks straight out of storyline. The results are not pretty: raging newbies in zone chat, smug spermwhales bragging and calling people plebs. If the plan was to increase toxicity in game, it's working quite well.

Suggested fixes:

* Give thriller coin drop rate a hefty boost if you want people to actually farm these.

* Change boss kill credit from a damage percentage requirement to any damage dealt.

* Cap instance population lower.

As it stands, anyone without a powerful computer and endgame gear is only going to be frustrated with this event.

15 minutes ago, MissHaiko said:

Go vacation...:HajoonCheer:

there will always be people who have to do it no matter how bad it is, remember the valentine event where people stood in line for hours just to get something they could get elsewhere in few minutes?

Those are probably the same people who wait infront of an apple store on saturday that opens on monday.

1 hour ago, TaruV said:

* Change boss kill credit from a damage percentage requirement to any damage dealt.

As was stated in another post, Jonathan Lien said in the stream that you just needed to hit the bosses to get credit/loot, except Visasa. So please, MAKE IT THAT WAY. I am also tired of killing bosses and not getting anything at all. 

7 hours ago, Elione said:

Dw i was on my alt which is Aransu 3 and got no credit on 2 of the bosses. And that includes using my ultimate skill while keeping up my damage as he didnt drop super fast. Bahaha what a joke. :giggle:

Wow... damn. Well, no wonder I keep not getting credit... I will call it quits from this event, lol.  

Actually...this is one of the best events for me. It practically gives nothing which means I have plenty of time to focus doing main story on my all 9 chars. I would strongly advice newbies to farm peaches instead of wasting time on event. They will get better rewards.

From my side, I dont mind having "useless" events from time to time.

3 hours ago, Rea Shinwa said:

As was stated in another post, Jonathan Lien said in the stream that you just needed to hit the bosses to get credit/loot, except Visasa. So please, MAKE IT THAT WAY. I am also tired of killing bosses and not getting anything at all. 

I'll just drop this here and you all can go to the 34min mark to hear the statement.

Archived