A challenge to the development team...

Krucius

create a f2p account.

level a character to 55 (any class, doesn't matter. pick one you play well)

get that character to 1200 ap.

get no monetary assistance from any other account or source.

after you've done that, come back and try to justify these changes to accessories. you guys think soulstone crystals grow on trees and gold can be pulled straight out of your butt. all you're doing is making it harder for your players to experience endgame content, which should be the exact opposite of your goal. gold in this game is finite. you cap how much players can make per day. it isn't fair. all it does is turn potential revenue away out of shear frustration.

Oh this could be a fun game. "If you could issue a challenge to BnS developers ( I mean, you can, but obviously they will never know), what would it be?"

I challenge them to hire good writers for Act 10, clever enough to shape a main character worthy of respect out of the foolish punchbag that he/she currently is; to bring back our Hongmoon students erased for sheer sensationalism in Act 9; to infuse the sinking BnS storyline with just a teeeeeny-weeeeeeny of flipping hope.

I challenge them to stop copying their own designs -dungeons, outfits, combat animations, effects, you name it-, to paste them into yet another dungeon, another outfit, another class, another monster. I challenge them to stop stealing from here to add there, to make original things from TIME to TIME. In a nutshell, I challenge them to DEVELOP. 

8 hours ago, Krucius said:

create a f2p account.

level a character to 55 (any class, doesn't matter. pick one you play well)

get that character to 1200 ap.

get no monetary assistance from any other account or source.

after you've done that, come back and try to justify these changes to accessories. you guys think soulstone crystals grow on trees and gold can be pulled straight out of your butt. all you're doing is making it harder for your players to experience endgame content, which should be the exact opposite of your goal. gold in this game is finite. you cap how much players can make per day. it isn't fair. all it does is turn potential revenue away out of shear frustration.

they are adding soulstone crystals and sacred crystals because whales complained they have too m uch of them and dont use them.

2 hours ago, Grimoir said:

they are adding soulstone crystals and sacred crystals because whales complained they have too m uch of them and dont use them.

where the hell are they getting all these soulstone crystals? sacreds i understand. my warden is a month old, already has over a thousand of em. if was to add up how many i have across all my characters, it'd be well over ten thousand. soulstone crystals, not so much. everything uses soulstone crystals... transmuting... soulstone crystals. crafting... soulstone crystals. dragon express... soulstone crystals. equipment upgrades... soulstone crystals.

No matter what developers will do, this would not change the fact: our community is toxic as hell an throws right into trash can any attempts to make game easier for new players. With each update that increases average AP, community raises AP requirements for old content. Some time ago 950 was considered enough for Naryu Sanctum. Now it's 1.1k+ for almost everything. And people leave immediately if Granite Titan takes more than a minute or so. Enrage timer is not the thing anymore - everyone will leave dungeon much earlier.

I personally see progress: when I just started to play B&S, my char finished story with something like 400 ap or even less. Now new char finishes story with 900+ ap and it can be leveled to 990 in pretty short time. It's just the bar set by community is ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing too high.

Archived