Your opinions on the upcoming Upgrade reduction on September 12

Kozuki

Since NCWest tells us to be honest with them:

unknown.png

So let be honest and post your thumb-up/thumb-down opinions here.

Here is the cost reduction sheet for reference: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TViAb_KPoCCshSrN0j84O4OSExl6l-ej6gJJ3PNplZM/edit#gid=0

+++

For my part, here is my thumb-ups:

-The cost reduction on Riftwalk/Dawnforged is welcoming. It makes the path no longer an upgrade trap when combined with upcoming event by removing all PTS requirement. This change should have been done for a long time, since Void path requires a lot more efforts to upgrade (dungeon grinding for weapon chests) compared to Raven of which all raid materials can be bought from F5.

-Storm Dragon/Exalted also becomes a cheaper path. However, keep in mind that the requirement of blood pearl/sea glass is still the same. So if you don't have a lot of bound materials to craft them, or spare solar energy to get them, you may get stuck there for a while if you go down the path.

-Overall cost reduction on PvE weapons from Baleful up to Aransu 9 is very nice. The fact that Hive Queen's materials become account-bound makes it easier to reach Aransu weapon.

-Bale 12 -> Raven 3/Rift 3 becomes cheaper again, cost no Transformation Stone and less Legendary Elements.

-Gem powder cost reduced by half helps players to upgrade gems better to adapt with the upcoming gem-fusing Dyad system, and also results a surplus of Gem powders (if you spend 200 powders, you get back 100 powders).

+++

And here is my thumb-downs:

-In order to favor Void path in next event, they barely touches the Raven path. Now Raven path becomes a more expensive path due to still using a lot of PTS, while Dawn/Rift is PTS-free. Both path still has advantages though: Raven is expensive but instant-upgrade path, while Dawn/Rift is much cheaper but require dungeon grinding.

-Dawn/Rift weapons from event has RNG 3-6 gem slots. If you're unlucky, the cost of legendary hammers may offset the advantages of PTS-free. Each gem slots cost like 1.5-2 PTS at current NA prices to open, so if you reach Aransu with 3 slots, it is like you still spend on a lot of PTS despite of going down a supposed-to-be-cheaper path. It may become a newcomer trap, if you are unlucky.

-For some reason, they increase the cost of moonstone crystals for Raven path! While they reduce costs of Transformation Stone and Elysian Crystals by adding requirement on Soulstone and Sacred Crystal, I think NCWest gets their priority wrong here. Moonstone is more precious and much harder to earn than the three other crystals, so if any thing, it is the three other crystals that need to increase in order to reduce moonstone crystal requirement. Also, they keep the same PTS requirement for Raven 3-9, which makes the path become more expensive than Dawn/Rift.

+++

How I think it should be fixed:

-There should be no path that is too expensive than other, which results in players of this path feel trapped when the other path get cost reduction. I think PTS requirement from Raven 6-9 should be reduced by one, from 6 to 3 in total.

-The next event's Dawn/Rift Stage 3 should gives six slots by default, so that players do not have to wrestle with RNG.  You already provide us with pretty-much free six slots from Baleful 1, so why trying to be mean here?

-Do not increase moonstone crystal requirement for Raven upgrade. If necessary, increase soulstone, sacred and elysian crystals, but do not touch the moonstone crystal requirement.

+++

Give your feedback in hope for a better cost reduction:victory:

5 hours ago, Kozuki said:

-For some reason, they increase the cost of moonstone crystals for Raven path! While they reduce costs of Transformation Stone and Elysian Crystals by adding requirement on Soulstone and Sacred Crystal, I think NCWest gets their priority wrong here. Moonstone is more precious and much harder to earn than the three other crystals, so if any thing, it is the three other crystals that need to increase in order to reduce moonstone crystal requirement. Also, they keep the same PTS requirement for Raven 3-9, which makes the path become more expensive than Dawn/Rift.

If you have not noticed in the past 2 years:

Every time players complain about something (in this case moonstone crystals) they always change it in a way to screw you somewhere else. thats no different here.

no matter what they  did , some players are just ungrateful ,   this is the best patch ever 

did u even see the cost reduction on   aransu weapon , who cares for raven @ this stage of the game 

I knew staying in Basin would pay off. I've gotten over 700 treasure pouches these past few days hoping to get those moon crystals (I hate farming Naksun) and now they've actually heavily reduced the moonstone crystals for Aransu wep and added the other materials which I'm honestly swimming in (over 1k Soulstone/sacreds and near 700 Elysians and that's just on one character). The biggest change though is PTS from 3 > 1 is the single best thing I've read all my life. Pretty much only thing that was keeping me from upgrading past A3 was the God forsaken PTS, I've saved up and managed to snag 2 of them in a few weeks of grinding just to upgrade once but thanks to this upcoming change I can actually upgrade my weapon twice! And let's not forget that they made Hive Queen mats account bound too!

So thank you NCSoft for your on going work to keep this game a nice game to play.

49 minutes ago, Dexyn said:

I knew staying in Basin would pay off. I've gotten over 700 treasure pouches these past few days hoping to get those moon crystals (I hate farming Naksun) and now they've actually heavily reduced the moonstone crystals for Aransu wep and added the other materials which I'm honestly swimming in (over 1k Soulstone/sacreds and near 700 Elysians and that's just on one character). The biggest change though is PTS from 3 > 1 is the single best thing I've read all my life. Pretty much only thing that was keeping me from upgrading past A3 was the God forsaken PTS, I've saved up and managed to snag 2 of them in a few weeks of grinding just to upgrade once but thanks to this upcoming change I can actually upgrade my weapon twice! And let's not forget that they made Hive Queen mats account bound too!

So thank you NCSoft for your on going work to keep this game a nice game to play.

Basin isn't worth at all to farm moonstones.

17 hours ago, Oupy said:

no matter what they  did , some players are just ungrateful ,   this is the best patch ever 

did u even see the cost reduction on   aransu weapon , who cares for raven @ this stage of the game 

I saw a lot of posts like this in a different games forum. Posts exactly like this that would even end in "if you dont like it, just quit"
and the playerbase dropped as low as it got and they wound up closing the game 2 years later because a lot of people didn't like how things were going so they just quit, just like they were told to.

The important thing to remember is that customer complaints are very important, whether it's an issue that you yourself are dealing or not.
These games arent in a position where they can just say "forget anyone who doesnt like it!!" because if they do, that will directly result in them losing players which is loss of revenue which ultimately leads to loss of the rights of the game itself. Which means they close it.

So now that we have a better understanding of why the world doesn't revolve around you, let's get into who this might effect.

Ah, yes. The "others" in this world.

Those stuck in the Raven path are now left feeling rather slapped. They went that route in hopes of saving and now instantly wound up losing.

They could be new players, old players just returning after hearing about a new class coming but re-falling in love with their mains, players that for whatever reason couldn't play as often as they wanted, players on their many alts-there are many reasons a person could still be at Raven.

So, who cares about Raven?
Those who are now stuck on Raven and deeply deeply regretting it.

What is the solution?
I think a fair solution would be to offer any players on Raven a revert back to Baleful/Seraph regardless of how long ago the upgrade to Raven was.

Do they truly want to be impressive? Wow us. Accept all requests to revert and see how many players come running back. Ignore it though and you won't see as big of a result as you could.

Remember, player happiness is key.

If you do the right thing, you're rewarded for it.

Please consider these revert grants.

19 hours ago, Oupy said:

Ungrateful? If anything, it is NCSoft/NCWest as a business that have to be grateful to receive constructive complaints (not some complaints about complaints that lead to no where) from customers, so that they can even become better. If a business has no complain from customer side, they are either too perfect that has nothing to complain about, or customers have given up on the business since there is no hope. Knowing NCSoft/NCWest for many years, you must have known which side that the scale is leaning toward.

NCWest is a business. Customer pays for their service, or promote their services. Nothing wrong with asking for more cuz we pay for it, and it is NCWest's duty to know how to harmonize their benefits and customer benefits. Though, honestly, they do their job kinda sloppy recently.

Also, if anything, players benefit from complainers, when NCSoft/NCWest is actually willing to listen to them. Remember the event with cost-reduction stone for weapon? Thanks to players' complaints, the number of empyrean stones got a lot of discounted. Or when they decided to make Radiant Energy being 10g each through antique, the players were so outraged that they had to compromise with 5g each and free premium days.

You tell that no one cares about Raven? Yet I see a lot of Baleful/Seraph players in pleb raids, in LFG and some even try to sneak in Raven+ F8 parties. They have easier access to stronger weapon, be it Raven, Dawn or Rift = you have more quality time running contents with them.

Cost reduction is also meaningful to new and alt players. Unless you buy an account with Aransu already, you will have to go through the path like any older players. The more you benefit from the costs, it means the more spare of materials that can you spend on other things.

Finally, it is NCWest saying players to give them feedback on the costs. So yeah, that is what we should give them. Constructive feedback. Assuming NCWest agrees to change about the cost to be more player-friendly, every player, from new to old, benefit from the changes in one way or other. Just cuz you already passes the stage where you can benefit from it, it becomes no longer a concern. Well, maybe to you, but definitely not the player who just play yesterday, or one who is preparing to play Warden.

Speaking about people who will create a new char, the upgrade nerf is nice, they did a good job...but i really don't like the rift path, weapon breakthrough are a nightmare to farm and can burn out people pretty easly, especially irontechforge and weapon gems slot is a problem too so cool patch but be sure that people with bad rng will end up paying more .....not to mention those old 2k16 BT accesories and potatoe VT necklace dont have their cost reduction ( good luck farming accesories upgrade breakthrough aswell ) 
The smartest and good move would have been to make those "weapon box" finally account bound, because i do not understand why an important item like dgs or hive queen heart are account bound and not those old weapon box/purple accesories who there now just to slow down our progression and annoy /force people to farm abandonned dead boring dungeons

On 31/08/2018 at 4:35 AM, Oupy said:

If u dont care about Raven its good, for u sure, Why u doing here? this post its about opinions on upcoming patch not about what u think about others, got it?

I planned since july 14, starting gathering all materials to upgrade from bale/sera 1 to raven 9 when Warrior/Warden will be release, i got everything, and now i ONLY need change all because:

+ 1680 Soulstone Crystals; (average price 40~44silver, total cost add to path = 7.056g)

+ 1205 Sacred Crystals; (average price 1~1,1gold, total cost add to path = 1.265,25g)

+ 105 moonstone crystals; (lol add more for the only material hard to get and become most rare) (average price 6~6,5gold, total cost add to path = 656,25g)

- 7 transformation stone (reduced)(meh); (average cost 11~11,4g, total cost reduce to path = 77,2g)

- 155 legendary elements (amazing! i already have all 240 needed old path but for everyone this its ONLY AND MOST BETTER reduction on Raven path); (average price 14~20gold, total cost reduce to path = 2.635g)

- 164 elysian crystals, (average price 8~9gold, total cost add to path = 1.394g)

*ps: average price taking market on this week, *total cost base on average price between highest and lowest prices on market.

*+4.871g add in materials to this path between Seraph/Baleful 1 > Raven 9

I cannot call this reduction when have more than 1 addiction needed, if u reduce something adding others thing maybe can called balanced (more desbalanced)....

Rest of upcoming reductions on this next patch its really great and welcome.

Archived