Marriage/Couple System for Blade and Soul

Jinju

Hello Blade and Soul,

I think it would be wonderful if Blade and Soul has a marriage/engagement/couple feature system because I know many and have met many couple players (girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, and wives) that plays Blade and Soul. I too have a boyfriend that plays Blade and Soul and we always run dungeons, pvp, and do everything together. I have not heard of many MMO games besides Lineage II that have a couple system and Blade and Soul would be truly unique if it has one. The main purpose of this idea is to aim towards bringing in couples players. Overall, would increase the amount of new players and new premium memberships to the game.

It would also benefit for the financial side of Blade and Soul because there can be items, rewards, or events for couples such as Valentines Day dungeons and couples items to buy in the Hongmoon Store. The couple feature system would be available for only premium members in order to prevent players creating multiple self-marriage accounts to benefit from the couple system's features. Additionally, this couple feature system can bring produce more premium membership to the game financially.

As mention above, some problems for this couple system can be that players can self-marry to their alternative characters in order to gain access to the couples features. However, this can be limited by setting up 1 marriage per account or a marriage can only happen between two different accounts and/or must be premium members only.

I hope the Blade and Soul team and NCSOFT company take this into consideration as it can potentially benefit financially from this idea.

Thank you!

Jinju~

OMG! I miss posts like this XD There were soooo many in the past!

It also makes me wish they'd give us items like Heavenly Match and Holy Vow weapon skins again.

But, like countless people and you have said, I too, would love a marriage and couple system (and housing :3 think of all the money spent on HM Store-exclusive furniture or even materials!!) . 

16 hours ago, Jinju said:

I think it would be wonderful if Blade and Soul has a marriage/engagement/couple feature system because I know many and have met many couple players (girlfriends, boyfriends, husbands, and wives) that plays Blade and Soul. I too have a boyfriend that plays Blade and Soul and we always run dungeons, pvp, and do everything together. I have not heard of many MMO games besides Lineage II that have a couple system and Blade and Soul would be truly unique if it has one. The main purpose of this idea is to aim towards bringing in couples players. Overall, would increase the amount of new players and new premium memberships to the game.

[...]

As mention above, some problems for this couple system can be that players can self-marry to their alternative characters in order to gain access to the couples features. However, this can be limited by setting up 1 marriage per account or a marriage can only happen between two different accounts and/or must be premium members only.

[...]

Let's assume we have this feature. You married with another character. What now? What's the actual "benefit" or the "couples features" you were talking about? Is it only the fact that you're a married couple in-game?

If so, then there is no point in adding this feature. Couples can play together the same way as they do now too, it will not change anything.

Thus there is no need of adding a limit, for a useless feature.

[...]

It would also benefit for the financial side of Blade and Soul because there can be items, rewards, or events for couples such as Valentines Day dungeons and couples items to buy in the Hongmoon Store. The couple feature system would be available for only premium members in order to prevent players creating multiple self-marriage accounts to benefit from the couple system's features. Additionally, this couple feature system can bring produce more premium membership to the game financially.

[...]

Sorry but no.

Blade and Soul already is cursed by the Micro-Transactions which you call "Hongmoon Store". Adding Features to make them use even more of Micro-Transactions is a hell bad idea. Please stop suggesting features that destroy economy and balance of good games.

Also these measurements to protect abuse won't work out anyway.

[...]

I hope the Blade and Soul team and NCSOFT company take this into consideration as it can potentially benefit financially from this idea.

TL;DR

Your suggestion is not well-considered and you just wrote something you had in mind without thinking properly of what's required to take such suggestions seriously, nor did you provide any details.

Therefore I'd totally agree with NCSOFT if they simply decline this suggestion of yours.

latest?cb=20170313203942

19 hours ago, Jinju said:

I have not heard of many MMO games besides Lineage II that have a couple system and Blade and Soul would be truly unique if it has one

There is one old game - Lucent Heart. It has cute but pretty outdated graphics, not so interesting combat system but coupling system is awesome. I quit only because my soulmate suddenly stopped playing and I didn't have anyone to play with. But given that you have a boyfriend, you may like it. Oh, and they have housing system, too (and you can invite others to your room)

I'd agree with this-for practical side that would spare me later on to explain the guilds i'm joining that usually i'm playing along with my friend.So maybe this would make the fact more understandable-be it called a marriage sistem or just a partner sistem.Some bonuses would be cool too .

11 hours ago, RAID said:

Let's assume we have this feature. You married with another character. What now? What's the actual "benefit" or the "couples features" you were talking about? Is it only the fact that you're a married couple in-game?

If so, then there is no point in adding this feature. Couples can play together the same way as they do now too, it will not change anything.

Sorry but no.

Blade and Soul already is cursed by the Micro-Transactions which you call "Hongmoon Store". Adding Features to make them use even more of Micro-Transactions is a hell bad idea. Please stop suggesting features that destroy economy and balance of good games.

TL;DR

Your suggestion is not well-considered and you just wrote something you had in mind without thinking properly of what's required to take such suggestions seriously, nor did you provide any details.

Therefore I'd totally agree with NCSOFT if they simply decline this suggestion of yours.

latest?cb=20170313203942

maybe some kind of exp bonus when logged in onr in smae party with that married person? or like some bonuses that give you extra stats? idk a charm would do too thoe

3 hours ago, RavTH said:

maybe some kind of exp bonus when logged in onr in smae party with that married person? or like some bonuses that give you extra stats? idk a charm would do too thoe

15 hours ago, RAID said:

Sorry but no.

TL;DR

latest?cb=20170313203942

i think you dont like this idea for another reason :X (and is not micro-transactions) they can add anything from buffs to certain drops or farming a legendary couple rings ...anything, the point of the company is to sell and this idea is pretty good tbh if they want to make more money ofc lol ......

This is not the type of game for such systems, they simply do not fit into the games "look and feel".

If you want those kind of systems go play Revelation they have exactly what you ask for and let me tell you as fun as most people found it no one cares about it and isnt even using it all that much.

This is like tax breaks for married couples. On top of the benefit of having someone to spend your life with, you want even more? It made sense in the 1950s when women didn't work but unless your boyfriend is running dungeons for the both of you because you're tied to the kitchen sink or something, I'm not sure why you deserve any extra bonuses.

If you just want to get digitally married for the sake of it (like in FFXIV) so you can post your "wedding" on youtube, then I don't care if BNSoft implements such a system but I personally find the whole idea a bit creepy. Sorry.

I'd obviously prefer the devs spend their time on something else but I get that everyone's wish list is different so I don't blame you for asking for what you want.

20 hours ago, RAID said:

Sorry but no.

TL;DR

latest?cb=20170313203942

The image at the end had me laughing, but I feel the same way. I hated how it was in FFXI back in the day, and how everyone was pressuring/pressing me to "marry" him, in-game (I say "him", since only heterosexual marriages were available, but even other girls wanted my hand. lol).

I don't like when people insist that I follow the crowd, so I married someone in-game at some point, ONLY so that I could wear the cosmetic dress item. I would do the same in B&S, because I neither like nor love anyone in the game much for it to be anything on a sentimentail level. It would be purely for cosmetics and/or whatever couple-related bonuses would be available. I am more against it than for it, but hey - I already got my wedding dress when they were first available, so I already got what I want.

I think couples-dependent items like cosmetics and emotes really suck, though. With one Valentine's Day outfit, you can only do the special dance emote IF a male, ANY male at all, just happened to be wearing those silly pink pants...

None of my male characters wear that outfit unless I just want to match a female character nearby for the dance itself.

I want to do emotes WITHOUT the need to equip something to begin with, or eat something like the "Charm Pellet" that I feel like I'll never ever get for myself. T_T

So WHY would I want items or emotes to be contingent upon having not just ANY male nearby and online to use them, but the ONE guy who married my character but probably quit the game, or worse...?

Yeah, to anyone else wanting to post this topic for the millionth time in the near and far future, I say to you "NO".

Not only am I against it, but I won't participate in it unless it becomes the new "must have" in F8.

Actually it would be fun.

Adding a daily quest to do with your couple.

Accepting same gender couples (since well, it's hard to find males... xD)

An option to insta ress your mate.

An option to summon your mate to your location.

And one extra slot for the "wedding ring" that levels up doing things together (just make it cool with no stats) As it levels you gain skills, like the ress, the summon, special clothes for married... 

It would be fun. 

Nothing that is a game changer tho, more like for the "roleplay" and fun. =)

11 minutes ago, Yu Yanni said:

Actually it would be fun.

Adding a daily quest to do with your couple.

Accepting same gender couples (since well, it's hard to find males... xD)

An option to insta ress your mate.

An option to summon your mate to your location.

And one extra slot for the "wedding ring" that levels up doing things together (just make it cool with no stats) As it levels you gain skills, like the ress, the summon, special clothes for married... 

It would be fun. 

Nothing that is a game changer tho, more like for the "roleplay" and fun. =)

I know at least a few other games that have this and people dont even do it, they all were whining they want that feature, implementation showed no one cared after a week for it anymore. Plus this does not fit into the game idea / lore and genre of bns as a whole.

Archived