THE BIG NERF AND DEATH TO WLS

qqqq1

after the soul badge blitz warlock are so useless , that patch was aimed specially at wls , why ?

yea soulburn was op so they nerf the crit damage, no prob they removed speed increase and skill reset, why? as a wl main i find it very difficult to to do solo pve content such as basin.warlocks are the slowest class most of our skill has cast time thrall wingstorm etc , we have very little iframe skills or healing skills . doing mobs and your main skill for rotation wingstorm on cd we sitting ducks -___- soul burn is our only burst , in pvp if we soul burn we still open for cc etc if we pop tab soul burn is literally wasted playing it safe. most of the time the people run now we slow as can be . or air combo is nerfed but its not the most op thing in the game, bm can literally pull your tab with pull z , and 1 shot u , blade dancers can kill u with lighting draw in 3 sec kfm can do 1 combo if u pull tab , summoners are just annoying ops , destroyer fury is unbockable and deals alot of damage and they immune to status  effect with the rmb buff wl got yet in the top 10 destroyers, blade dancers and  sins are the most op of all, people are just jealous of the warlock new skill , only skill warlok make it far now our rmb is so nerf takes me forever to kill somebody. its really unfair to the class that they buff summoners out of all the classes blade dancers and destoryers and warlcoks suffer a major loss in all way possible now sb reset is back and it sgoing away soon it really sucks, warlock skill reset as been out for along time people complaining about warlocks are just jealous and want an easy way to get gold.....

They don't remove the reset skills, they move it to Time Distortion.

And to be honest, Time Distortion should be the one has reset skills because its controlling time while Soul Burn is for.. I don't know burning your soul? to awake your true skills potential + some bonus on crit damage. The neft on crit damage I think it's kinda too much, maybe 25% is ok but balancing both of your skills that's make more sense in general just saying.

For pvp, well yesterday I lost against WL that using Time Distortion and air combo

For pve, I think the skills rotation of warlock is good enough to spam dragon call without reset skills, and if u want reset that bad, I think use Time Distortion instead, but for dungeon group, they will still prefer Soul Burn for sure

time distortion is a risky skill, i dont know how people do it but they cancel my time distortion mostly bms theres a way to cancel it and from there we sitting ducks. rmbdamage is so nerf makes no sense using on unless u have 100 ping, the damage is so low. fm has a skill that can half your health . its so unfair to people who play the class waking up every day people complaining oh warlock this warlock that and nc soft just spoon feed them what they want . like literally like 5 warlocks are less in top 100. half f them are sins and destroyer -___- those class are so obvious to be nerf yet nothing is being done

Well..., In PvP it does suck that you lose that 30% Crit Dmg and Skill Reset, since Warlock is supposed to be ''Glass Cannon Class'' As mentioned in NCSOFT Post on the day it was released, Meaning Very Easy to kill, but because it's easy to Kill. It should have a high damage to compensate the weakness it has, And Compared that Warlock has barely any iframes to other classes. Surviving becomes difficult. (not talking about Arena). I my Self have almost 1,000 AP Raven Weapon with all Black Tower and Other Legendary Accessories. But if you meet for Example Blade Master which has same gear as you. They kill you in couple of Shots, and you barely can do anything to them because of long casting. or because they have so many Iframes and way to block your skills. So Even With SoulBurn Reseting it was already a pain to fight them. Ofcourse if you out gear a person. then they die easily. So Yes, in PvP it Does feel a lot of Loss. But The class is no where from being a dying class.., I barely feel in PvE, I continue soloing 90% of dungeons. like before..., Maybe a kill is little longer, barely noticeable. Awakened DC Compensates it. and if you know your rotations good. you don't need those resets. at least not for PvE

WLs Soul Burn was nerfed back in in march BECAUSE of them being broken op in PVP and in solo content, not because of some whiner westers being bad and losing to WLs. If you dont know why SB was nerfed, just imagine you being dead in 2 seconds while in the air from a WL and that was demonstrated multiple times in offline KR tournaments by SB WLs. If you are bad, thats your own problem. 90% of the changes that were made in the past 3 months in KR (yes, we currently have the end of may update) were aimed to pvp scene. So like it or not, thats how it will be. Maybe it will be changed at the end of the year after the worlds, maybe not, who knows.

I main a WL and feel like the over all lost was a bit of dps but it is across the board, everyone lost that dps. When fighting bosses in the big 4 (EC, DT, NF, NS) it just takes a little longer to down them no big deal. The not having reset is just going to take some getting use to. For bosses like Raven king, and MSP turtle I usually get leech then SB and have full rotation to start off on but now that skills don't reset its just a matter of reprogramming my fingers, a miner inconvenience but meh. I do agree that they should have let us keep the movement speed. It didn't hurt anything.

I never used SB for pvp, I felt like it was to choreographed and most people would just run and time it out anyway. But that is a preference thing, I have seen a lot of good WL that use SB. I too run into issues with some classes being able to take me out of TD like BM pull and Destro knockback but then I just feel like that was them playing the better game. They knew what I was doing and acted accordingly, just means I need to work on my timing, try to have them in a cc chain or air combo to use TD. I am not super happy with the nerf either but there is no other class I want to play at this moment either so its make the best of this and try to get better with my class.

3 hours ago, SayhaSeer said:

Well..., In PvP it does suck that you lose that 30% Crit Dmg and Skill Reset, since Warlock is supposed to be ''Glass Cannon Class'' As mentioned in NCSOFT Post on the day it was released, Meaning Very Easy to kill, but because it's easy to Kill. It should have a high damage to compensate the weakness it has, And Compared that Warlock has barely any iframes to other classes. Surviving becomes difficult. (not talking about Arena). I my Self have almost 1,000 AP Raven Weapon with all Black Tower and Other Legendary Accessories. But if you meet for Example Blade Master which has same gear as you. They kill you in couple of Shots, and you barely can do anything to them because of long casting. or because they have so many Iframes and way to block your skills. So Even With SoulBurn Reseting it was already a pain to fight them. Ofcourse if you out gear a person. then they die easily. So Yes, in PvP it Does feel a lot of Loss. But The class is no where from being a dying class.., I barely feel in PvE, I continue soloing 90% of dungeons. like before..., Maybe a kill is little longer, barely noticeable. Awakened DC Compensates it. and if you know your rotations good. you don't need those resets. at least not for PvE

Well said, but they need a training bag and wls is that training bag so they can feel that they are so pro and saying stupid things like learn your class if you are so pro then teach us mains wls how to play our class, accept it everyone aim for wls at 6vs6 then focus on  other as wl i aim for wls first bcuz we are EASY TO KILL

Glass cannon class?

You got 5 second immune, spamable block with a deflect/effect when get hit during using it, you got 2 escapes, you can reset your skills with TD yet you say you are Glass cannon?

Not to mention the yellow buff that match emberstomp and with right build not allowing what inside to be target,

That not glass cannon at all, Your SB nerfed was a must because all what you did against BD and Destroyer just dps and kill them from 100-0 in one aircombo and if it doesn't work go for full op SB.

Now you will have to use the skills I did mention early that doesn't make your class a glasses cannon. now it the time for you to master your WL not master the pve SB.

And you talking about BM like it much of problem for you not to just able to keep breaking their block and aircombo them many times, special without your SB you won't kill your thrall and he will be able to keep helping you with cc and aircombo.

Soulburn was never a thing  for pvp at first place , it was made for pve and people just used it so perfectly to ruin every pvp match with it.

Now I see it fair, if you want a powerful dps go for SB and lose your skill reset, if you want playing around and use your full warlock power go for TD to master that.

3 hours ago, Valiant said:

Glass cannon class?

You got 5 second immune, spamable block with a deflect/effect when get hit during using it, you got 2 escapes, you can reset your skills with TD yet you say you are Glass cannon?

Not to mention the yellow buff that match emberstomp and with right build not allowing what inside to be target,

That not glass cannon at all, Your SB nerfed was a must because all what you did against BD and Destroyer just dps and kill them from 100-0 in one aircombo and if it doesn't work go for full op SB.

Now you will have to use the skills I did mention early that doesn't make your class a glasses cannon. now it the time for you to master your WL not master the pve SB.

And you talking about BM like it much of problem for you not to just able to keep breaking their block and aircombo them many times, special without your SB you won't kill your thrall and he will be able to keep helping you with cc and aircombo.

Soulburn was never a thing  for pvp at first place , it was made for pve and people just used it so perfectly to ruin every pvp match with it.

Now I see it fair, if you want a powerful dps go for SB and lose your skill reset, if you want playing around and use your full warlock power go for TD to master that.

Lol... I cannot wait to see your gunner complaint thread. Boy are you in for a surprise if you're complaining about wls 100- 0 aborning  you.  They're basically them but with guns.

the point of all these nerf is to make sure there no class can 100-0 at pvp not just WL.. because this game is esport, there tournament going on out there

just imagine all those pro player just finish the battle in 5 sec.. that suck for viewer :3

is it me or cried those losers who are not able to kill WL ? 

it is interesting that not one interfere with BM which is in 3-4 strike blows all your HP. or destr which in 1 combo can kill you. ( if caught) 

or the poison of sin which destroys 50% HP. Each class has its strengths and weaknesses. The fact that someone is not able to kill someone  is a problem with him and not in the class. I understand to cut Demag SB but the rollback and speed..  y ? . 

16 hours ago, Valiant said:

Glass cannon class?

Learn to Read... Yes it's Glass Cannon. Here is a fraction copy-paste from Website it self...

In Arena PvP, the Warlock has a pretty substantive set of defensive skills to accompany their powerful offensive skills, but still suffers from a glass cannon status that could be easily exploited. The Thrall should be used tactically as their cooldown cannot be reset and their presence alerts the opponent for the potential for highly powered abilities activating upon the Thrall’s sacrifice. Prioritizing instant-cast abilities, fast casting speed, and skills that pierce defenses over high-damaging abilities can all help to ensure the Warlock can hold their own competitively against the other classes.

Just because you don't know how to face a warlock. doesn't mean what you say is true..., If you facing a warlock who has greater gear or knowledge about what he's doing. then even with nerfed soulburn you will go down 100-0..., SO what Warlock has 5 Sec Immune, Spammable block, and 2 escapes. wow!?
Now Think and List me All Other Classes that exist , and tell me how many other classes have. and COMPARE to a warlock? Using SB?
And I don't need to learn warlock... I'm not complaining here like you are. I gave my opinion and I don't care if SB is Nerfed or Not. I'm fine with it. and I continue Enjoying class in PvE/PvP, They Nerfed SoulBurn, but I still 100-0 in Arena and 6v6. and you know why? because people who comes complaining to forums, are the people who don't even use PvP SoulShields or has any knowledge how to counter a different classes in Arena or Anywhere else...

Learn to Read... Yes it's Glass Cannon. Here is a fraction copy-paste from Website it self...

In Arena PvP, the Warlock has a pretty substantive set of defensive skills to accompany their powerful offensive skills, but still suffers from a glass cannon status that could be easily exploited. The Thrall should be used tactically as their cooldown cannot be reset and their presence alerts the opponent for the potential for highly powered abilities activating upon the Thrall’s sacrifice. Prioritizing instant-cast abilities, fast casting speed, and skills that pierce defenses over high-damaging abilities can all help to ensure the Warlock can hold their own competitively against the other classes.

Just because you don't know how to face a warlock. doesn't mean what you say is true..., If you facing a warlock who has greater gear or knowledge about what he's doing. then even with nerfed soulburn you will go down 100-0..., SO what Warlock has 5 Sec Immune, Spammable block, and 2 escapes. wow!?
Now Think and List me All Other Classes that exist , and tell me how many other classes have. and COMPARE to a warlock? Using SB?
And I don't need to learn warlock... I'm not complaining here like you are. I gave my opinion and I don't care if SB is Nerfed or Not. I'm fine with it. and I continue Enjoying class in PvE/PvP, They Nerfed SoulBurn, but I still 100-0 in Arena and 6v6. and you know why? because people who comes complaining to forums, are the people who don't even use PvP SoulShields or has any knowledge how to counter a different classes in Arena or Anywhere else...

I will compare your class to my class which is destroyer, Destroyer got 5 spins of total their  focus while you got spam able block, you got 5 second immune and we just got our "immune " for 5 second as well , You saying you lack in iframe I think we got 2 Iframe at most which one of them is SS which you got as well, you got 2 escape beside your amazing dps while we can get 2 escapes at the cost of fury which is our main dps.

So tell me again what is class cannon? So destroyer is class cannon too ? right?

And tell me how a destroyer should face a class that keep growing their spin , Anyway the game see the right thing and they did nerf you

so enjoy it

17 minutes ago, Valiant said:

I will compare your class to my class which is destroyer, Destroyer got 5 spins of total their  focus while you got spam able block, you got 5 second immune and we just got our "immune " for 5 second as well , You saying you lack in iframe I think we got 2 Iframe at most which one of them is SS which you got as well, you got 2 escape beside your amazing dps while we can get 2 escapes at the cost of fury which is our main dps.

So tell me again what is class cannon? So destroyer is class cannon too ? right?

And tell me how a destroyer should face a class that keep growing their spin , Anyway the game see the right thing and they did nerf you

so enjoy it

1 - branch 3
2 - branch 2 - during the dash
C - during the entire animation and about 0.5-1s afterwards (during the time you're holding the axe behind you)
Q - branch 2 - 1s from start of spin
E - branch 1 or 2 - during charge-up (about 1s), branch 3 - 5 iframes total (5 hits)
SS - during dash backwards
Tab - 0.5s
Z (Slam) - branch 1 - during Slam animation 
Defense bonuses:
Tab (Hurricane) - branch 2 - 25% dmg reduction on first hit, 400% defense
3 - branch 2 - 200% defense, 100% bonus lifesteal efficiency
V - blocks frontal attacks, 20% HP recovery
Lifesteal:
RMB - branch 3 - 10% lifesteal
Z (Slam) - 50% lifesteal
X (Smash) - branch 2 - 100% lifesteal (+50% on CC'd target)

You Said Something? or you don't know your class at all?, I have Destroyer too, and I have no problems fighting with Warlocks.... Because I have warlock and I KNOW what to EXPECT from them..., Watch Videos, maybe you will learn something too. Learn What to do, and When to do. Watch your opponent, Even When I know my class. there are some Good Destroyers who just don't smash their bottoms but use Brain, and You lose vs them... All Classes have Cons and Pros. 

Escapes refer to when they're in some form of CC, everyone has a tab or some variant of it and an F roll, warlocks and summoners have one extra escape.
I-frames on the other hand. (Q, E, SS, etc) are a different matter..
BM: Q, E, SS, Whirling Slash, HM block shield. (Multislash if specced)
KFM: Q, E, SS, they gain 1s invul after blocking an attack and their Q and E last one extra after use.
Sin: Their 5 hit strike on C gives i-frames the entire way through + 1 second i-frame after the animation ends, then they have 2s iframe after block with decoy if specced, and 1s iframe after using flower. Then they have standard Q, E, SS.
FM: Ice Flower, Freeze (ice tab), Q, E, SS.
Summoner: Not entirely sure.
LBM: Z i-frames for 5 seconds, tab i-frames for 2 seconds if specced, V can i-frame throughout the entire animation if specced, then there's Q, E, SS.
Warlock: They only have their 5 hit i-frame, Block,SS
Pretty much everyone has i-frames in some shape or form, some in the form of skills and others from the standard Q, E, SS. (Certain classes like Warlock and Destroyer don't have Q and E as escapes but as actual skills to use.)

Correct me if I am wrong, I hope I haven't Missed any other skill for other classes.

You look like you can't read. I repeat my self one last time. I don't care they nerfed? because I still kill people like you, who only know how to smash bottoms and that's all and I still do High DPS in PvE?. So tell me, why should I care? :D. Have you seen me crying in any post? No?.

and Yes, Warlock has Glass Cannon status... Go to View All Announcments and Updates and find for your self.., Because that's HOW NCsoft stated it as.

1 hour ago, SayhaSeer said:

1 - branch 3 ///// Lmao I would lose my stun/daze skill for a stupid Iframe, gg
2 - branch 2 - during the dash //many skills for many melee got that resist during one dash lmao and i won't waste it for no reason, it used so I don't lose my stun
C - during the entire animation and about 0.5-1s afterwards (during the time you're holding the axe behind you) //one of the 2 Iframe I told you about, lol
Q - branch 2 - 1s from start of spin //Iframe that has from 45 second to 60 second.
E - branch 1 or 2 - during charge-up (about 1s), branch 3 - 5 iframes total (5 hits) //That is the second escape I told you about, see you know nothing
SS - during dash backwards  //that is the second iframe I told you about
Tab - 0.5s  //you got block
Z (Slam) - branch 1 - during Slam animation //You telling me I would use Ifram during grabbing you ? are you for real ?
Defense bonuses:
Tab (Hurricane) - branch 2 - 25% dmg reduction on first hit, 400% defense //you got block
3 - branch 2 - 200% defense, 100% bonus lifesteal efficiency //Emberstomp =- your yellow buff area 
V - blocks frontal attacks, 20% HP recovery  //That is our immune that match yours

You Said Something? or you don't know your class at all?, I have Destroyer too, and I have no problems fighting with Warlocks.... Because I have warlock and I KNOW what to EXPECT from them..., Watch Videos, maybe you will learn something too. Learn What to do, and When to do. Watch your opponent, Even When I know my class. there are some Good Destroyers who just don't smash their bottoms but use Brain, and You lose vs them... All Classes have Cons and Pros. 

and Yes, Warlock has Glass Cannon status... Go to View All Announcments and Updates and find for your self.., Because that's HOW NCsoft stated it as.

NCsoft stated it that why you getting the nerf now so people that smash their head over keyboard feel the real glass cannon class they playing.

And read the comments over the skills you did post.

21 minutes ago, Valiant said:

NCsoft stated it that why you getting the nerf now so people that smash their head over keyboard feel the real glass cannon class they playing.

And read the comments over the skills you did post.

The Point of View and Complain is two different things you know?.
I don't even know why I even Write you back, Talking to a wall would make much more sense..., Your One of those people, who have High ego. and no mater what you say, they always comes up with another stupid idea just to prove they are right lol..., So I guess I'll stop it there. I see no more point in discussion 

• 3 weeks later...
On Saturday, June 17, 2017 at 9:09 AM, Valiant said:

so enjoy it

Lol destroyer glasswhat? 5 spins you said? I see them spin forever like BDs do, perfect example what class die first at 6vs6 fights, what class everyone aim first at 6vs6, why? Because is easy to kill class, every class can kill warlocks even with sanctum skill on with anti target spec, block are so easy to handle, bastion dont even last 1sec, destroyer and kfm and bds are almost intouchable with some pvp gears dont even need good gear, summoner just dissapear sins just stay invisible, sf kill you in seconds, fms? Well that class just keep healing af nice survive ability, but that meteor shower skill just too op last vvw just got 24k from each hit no crit from someone with baleful lv12, someone tell me how wls can survive 10sec a 3vs1 fight? I Just need 1 response

On 7/8/2017 at 0:23 AM, xNina said:

Lol destroyer glasswhat? 5 spins you said? I see them spin forever like BDs do, perfect example what class die first at 6vs6 fights, what class everyone aim first at 6vs6, why? Because is easy to kill class, every class can kill warlocks even with sanctum skill on with anti target spec, block are so easy to handle, bastion dont even last 1sec, destroyer and kfm and bds are almost intouchable with some pvp gears dont even need good gear, summoner just dissapear sins just stay invisible, sf kill you in seconds, fms? Well that class just keep healing af nice survive ability, but that meteor shower skill just too op last vvw just got 24k from each hit no crit from someone with baleful lv12, someone tell me how wls can survive 10sec a 3vs1 fight? I Just need 1 response

Maybe people go hit warlock first , because it will keep buffing their team and not to mention able to keep your in aircombo which is deadly if you face summoner or warlock ?

And you see destroyer spin forever?

Ohhh maybe cause you people in 6v6 and I mean it, everyone in 6v6 just don't know what to do against KFM, Destroyer and Assassin.

People keep pushing their attacks during redspin/bluespin of destroyer and then say they spin forever, like you people attacks keep feeding them focus and they will keep spin by this way.

Once I face a destroyer, I just step back and move away from spin then they out of focus. easy as that.

Sames goes for same mistake against KFM who people keep feeding their evade, same goes for assassin who keep feeding their hide.

Special summoner who keep dps without thinking

SB nerf is a must in PVP. It is because of those OP dmg burst + skill reset (which means 2X of all your protection skills). The most ridiculous thing is that 99% of warlock skills are parry penetration, which means destroyer and bd has no way to defend themselves after they used up all iframes.

Also, warlock has time distortion skill, which is supposed to do skill reset. Isn't it sounds weird that a class that has 2 skills that do exactly the same thing, but 1 of those 2 skills have more benefit?

If you think this is death of WLs i suggest you move on maining BD since its just as faceroll if not more,im a main Warlock and this is nowhere near death of the class as for the crit dmg nerf we get it back and better with the vortex temple badge despite it being hard to get based on the boss it comes from its worth it. as for the nerfs in general a company like NCsoft should have the tools to seperate pvp/pve nerfs as in " In Arena cooldown reduction and movement speed increase will not apply" but they dont and thats a shame..Also to mention after the "nerf' u so believe my DPS actually increased /shrug

Archived