The three most unreasonably buffed classes.

So as of recently two more classes have been buffed to the point of being broken: Warlocks and Blade Dancers (accidentally spelled cancer while typing, lol). 

So Blade Dancers can now delay the match with two skills that are on a 36~40 second CD time each. But on top of that, they sacrifice nothing but instead gaining another iframe to worry about, while still retaining their spin parry. On top of that, they have a ranged KD that goes through defense/parry again, without any drawbacks. And then, we have their new Lightning Draw quick combo, a combo that can knock out around 50% HP with just two hits, following an air combo. As far as I can tell, the CD time for this new quick draw combo is still the same. 

Solution: Make it so the BD has to choose between the parry and Maelstorm. Reduce the damage of the new Lightning Draw or give it more "recovery frames" (frames after the attack animation is over), and make it impossible to animation cancel, hence giving the opponent a chance to not lose half their health and give them the chance to retaliate. 

Warlocks are insanely difficult to deal with now. One air combo can and will wipe out half of the players health and their most reliable stun (Tether Blade) is on a 30 second CD, while their air chains is on a 18 second CD. Then there's the matter of them having a Thrall with it's own air combo on a 40 second CD time, and has the ability to reset all the skills of a WL three times over. Meaning that a WL can just simply spam the Tether to force tab, and then hit their opponent with it again to air combo them. Perhaps even worse than that is the prospect that they can use SB as well, which from before would tip the fight radically in favor of the WL. Now it ends the fight, assuming their opponent has already used their tab. Of course, there's one last opportunity a WL has to air combo you, and it's the scarist one of them all: their Quell Repulse combo. It's scarier for the mere fact that they can use their chains mid flight to increase airborne time, and hence damage. 

Solution: reduce the WLs damage to how it was from before, or cut it down by 25% if you want. Either way, the amount of damage they can do from a simple air combo is just unbalanced in every sense of it. This leaves no room for a mid game fight at all.

Blade Masters are just simply broken. The Lunar Slash in fire mode, the Dragontonge spam, the knock back stun chain they get with flock of blades, and Hongmoon Soaring Falcon. A BM can end the fight in a matter of seconds just by using those skills alone, because even if you don't force tab during either HMZ or Flock of Blades, any BM with half a brain will simply find a way to force tab you will dealing even more punishment. For classes with two escapes (like FM, Des, Sin, Sum, WL), it can be managed. But for classes with only 1 escape (SF, KFM, BD, BM), it's an absolute nightmare. Literally nothing you do as those classes will be able to save you if the BM is just gold. A gold BM can annihilate anyone, and make even the best players look bad. 

Solution: put a cast time on the BM's HM Z ability, a 2.5 second cast time to be more accurate. This way it feels like something that's worked for. However, I don't know the BMs new PVE combo that they're using in the arena, not well enough. I would simply suggest increasing the CD time on it, or just simply reducing the damage a bit. But let's be honest here, no one would be put in that situation if it wasn't for the BM's CC chain or HMZ.

Now this is all just from speaking from personal experience. Out of the three classes I mentioned here I've gotten a good amount of PVP time on only two of them (Blade Master and Warlock). But give me your thoughts on this. 

Any other classes in need of reworking or nerfing, and which ones, what would you do, and why?

Solution: put a cast time on the BM's HM Z ability, a 2.5 second cast time to be more accurate. This way it feels like something that's worked for. However, I don't know the BMs new PVE combo that they're using in the arena, not well enough. I would simply suggest increasing the CD time on it, or just simply reducing the damage a bit. But let's be honest here, no one would be put in that situation if it wasn't for the BM's CC chain or HMZ.

lol that suggestion. It would be nearly impossible use that skill anymore if it would have that long cast time. Actually they nerfed half year ago in test realm hm z cast time for 0.5sec, but seems like even that was bad idea so they put it back to 0.3sec. Even that is react able if you are really focused z pull is coming. Funny thing is you did not even mention sins and summoners that are currently stronger than bm right now. 

I can't agree more .The amount of dmg of the WL's is simply insane ,their aicombo like perpetual.BD's and BM's -indeed very difficult to deal with -the amount of resist resist resit + the dmg ..let's be serious.This is simply chewing in pvp-those 3 classes indeed are un naturally buffed for some reason...This needs a fix .

I think i have a better solution rather than QQ each and every single time a class get nerfed or buff , 1st  make a ticket and say to the admins and devs  that  for example  " i play  summoner "  =    buff summoner   nerfed everyone else  and vice versa  and by luck they respond to your ticket personally just tell them you cant play the way you want it to be and ask them to listen to pokemon theme song.

IMO, the three classes that were buffed too much are WL, BD, and sin. I think BM is trending in the right direction and still remains a formidable class in PVP.  The BMs who have always been good at their class are still reaching the top ranks while those that jumped on the bandwagon for easy rating in earlier patches are finding themselves trending downward in rank. BM is far from the state that FM is in and far from the state that WL is in.

13 hours ago, ARC1276 said:

So as of recently two more classes have been buffed to the point of being broken: Warlocks and Blade Dancers (accidentally spelled cancer while typing, lol). 

So Blade Dancers can now delay the match with two skills that are on a 36~40 second CD time each. But on top of that, they sacrifice nothing but instead gaining another iframe to worry about, while still retaining their spin parry. On top of that, they have a ranged KD that goes through defense/parry again, without any drawbacks. And then, we have their new Lightning Draw quick combo, a combo that can knock out around 50% HP with just two hits, following an air combo. As far as I can tell, the CD time for this new quick draw combo is still the same. 

Solution: Make it so the BD has to choose between the parry and Maelstorm. Reduce the damage of the new Lightning Draw or give it more "recovery frames" (frames after the attack animation is over), and make it impossible to animation cancel, hence giving the opponent a chance to not lose half their health and give them the chance to retaliate. 

For blade dancer, the maelstorm and parry spin stun can be used at the same indeed is a gift. However, it is the same in Korean server for a long time now. It is not exclusive to NA/US server. So, you have to deal with it. Plus, with the new skill revamp, a lot of skills were combined as well just like for other classes as well. 

I think the OP lighting draw skill you mean is "flash step". Actually, this is not a new skill for blade dancer. Before skill revamp, they also have this skill. In fact, most of the top rank blade dancers used this skill before too. It is not something new. The reason now why more blade dancer uses this skill is because of the new falcon skill (to do knock down). This skill is just like maelstorm and parry stun. It is the combination of two different tiers before skill revamp. However, now the falcon skill doesn't stack bleeding anymore and the animation was longer than before, which can be easily dodge or iframe by skilled players. Now, basically there are 4 knockdowns (including the one from grab) so that 'flash step' skill is chosen over the '2 sec stun rmb'. Also, using flash step correctly take practice because you have to manually turn your character around 180 degree with your mouse after every single use. It is not like just spam same button like BM's fire RMB.

kinda weird i dont see sum and sin on the list xD...still aim the poor bm as usual...anyways if they wanna nerf the skills i hope that skills only effect the pvp not pve...a sum that can heal,can stealth,long range and a freaking damn goood familiar and u dont complain about it? xD

I rarely play my WL but i've won 7 matches in a roll till i ran into another WL. yes WL is broken but sorry to say I'm having fun.

BD = cancer. was and still is. I don't feel little buff they got in this patch did too much to change anything. But hate them anyways.

Good BM are hard to deal with but this patch was actually PVP nerf. BM now actually have to work and do combos to kill ppl. before patch all we had to do is cc, tab, hold down RMB. if you tab escape next cc, tab, hold down RMB will kill you.

2 hours ago, Backstabpuss said:

You have made a topic about insanely OP classes and you didnt mention summoners?

It should be closed. Ende!

Indeed, summoner is an undead in arena. The only way to win is by score in the end of match. Probably, sin class will have more advantage since they can stealth and hide majority of the time to hold until the end of the match.

I can't agree with ARC1276. We have waited so long to get Warlock improved and now you want to nerf it because someone kicked your 4ss? Besides, remember that this is a glass cannon class. It is easy to kill anyone, but easy to die either.

On the other hand, if you really want to decrease efficiency of some class we should really consider Summoner.

4 hours ago, BaalV said:

I can't agree with ARC1276. We have waited so long to get Warlock improved and now you want to nerf it because someone kicked your 4ss? Besides, remember that this is a glass cannon class. It is easy to kill anyone, but easy to die either.

On the other hand, if you really want to decrease efficiency of some class we should really consider Summoner.

WL in its current state is OP....they have an aerial that can 100 - 0 you and there is no way to escape it.

I'm honestly not sure why a lot of people find summoner OP this patch other than the complaints about it in 6v6. I haven't noticed any significant increase in difficulty when I fight against them. Summoner was and still is a noob stomper in low elo.

4 hours ago, BaalV said:

glass cannon that fires multiple nukes in very short time.

besides your only glass cannon if your doing nothing but trying to burn down your opponent. WL has ton of survival/defensive skills(if you time your skill reset right) that most of low rank WLs don't even use.

17 minutes ago, hwalien said:

its easy to kill cat till summoner finds out how easy it is to keep the cat alive.

The matchup is all about adapting to the situation and knowing when to switch targets.  If the summoner is busy protecting the cat, put pressure on the summoner with cc and damage.

Of course the summoner is going to have the cat try to cc you. That's why you anticipate it and  avoid it.  It's pretty much the same as CC'ing any other class and anticipating their tab.

2 hours ago, Zekken said:

The matchup is all about adapting to the situation and knowing when to switch targets.  If the summoner is busy protecting the cat, put pressure on the summoner with cc and damage.

yeah just like you said its all about adapting to situation. but what makes you think summoner will not adapt to what ever your doing as well? I'm not saying summoners are OP. at least at current patch they are not. I'm just saying summoners are not a free kill like some ppl says. 

29 minutes ago, hwalien said:

yeah just like you said its all about adapting to situation. but what makes you think summoner will not adapt to what ever your doing as well? I'm not saying summoners are OP. at least at current patch they are not. I'm just saying summoners are not a free kill like some ppl says. 

I would expect them to adapt to the changing situation.  What you described is pretty much the concept of PVP in a nutshell. Players that can adapt to constantly changing situations will be more successful in PVP than those who cannot adapt.

I was more addressing the individuals that stated how OP summoner is this patch and wanted to take your response to demonstrate that there are counterplays that make it possible to beat summoners.

By no means do I think summoner is freelo, but they are also far from OP.  I find summoner annoying as much as the next guy, but still find it hard to include them in this thread.

Archived