Worth returning ?

MrTopSodaPop

Haven't played in like 6-9 months been looking at coming back since I loved this game, but is the play base dead? is the bot spam still there? is pvp just a bot army kill everything ? I think I was HM6-7 KFM when I stopped playing, has the player base gotten any better last time i played it was toxic as 

Yo will try to answer as best as i can from my persective.

1.Player base is defenetly not dead at least at most populated servers (i play in eu)

2.There is still some spam but they did realy good job at reducing it by a lot and you oonly see ocasionaly some spamers which you block yourself and thats that.

3.about pvp cant say much as i am not playing it much. But when i do some pvp from time to time i realy havent seen any bots (destroyer bots as like when they were infested in 1v1)

4. Player base is still mostly toxic. For low ap ppl its kinda hard to get random pta for dung as older player want to rush everything as fast as posible and dont want to teach anything or forgive mistakes. Beter solution would be to find friendly guild and do harder dungs with them:)

In conclusion you should come back and check things out yourself. Lots of this changed in game and only you can decide if its in good way or not.Gl :)

Theyre practically giving you weapon progression now, making it easier than ever to get to 600AP.

Come the april patch and they'll give us free soul, hm gems, and an easier time upgrading legendary, as well as an alternative to raven weapon.

New soulbadges too.

If there's a time to be back, it would be around now.

On 3/28/2017 at 0:20 AM, Karurosuda said:

Theyre practically giving you weapon progression now, making it easier than ever to get to 600AP.

Come the april patch and they'll give us free soul, hm gems, and an easier time upgrading legendary, as well as an alternative to raven weapon.

New soulbadges too.

If there's a time to be back, it would be around now.

interesting where did you get this info about soul and gems from? haven't seen anything about it and ive been looking for a little 

9 minutes ago, MrTopSodaPop said:

interesting where did you get this info about soul and gems from? haven't seen anything about it and ive been looking for a little 

It's all been announced in their recent live stream on twitch.

6 minutes ago, MrTopSodaPop said:

You can see most of the patch info in their one hour live stream BNS video they uploaded at youtube. Free moonwater soul (+10 AP one), free 3 "account bound" hexagonal AP gems like ruby, sapphire and citrine, new skill revamp, cheaper legendary weapon cost, and many more. Please check the video on their twitter.

7 hours ago, MrTopSodaPop said:

An official post on the website hasn't been made yet but like the others have said it was said on the live stream that it'll be like this on April 12th.

But pretty much you're handed everything now plus more and it's becoming increasingly easier to get a Legendary weapon and get it at a decent stage after the upcoming patch.

Game is still alive, bots are little to none now.

In my opinion it would be a good time to come back after the patch so you can get everything in full.

3 minutes ago, LuckyAbrams said:

I'm sure in that respect, it hasn't change much but is the game in general more enjoyable? 

If you haven't played in a year then please do not make comments like this to deter others from coming back.

I was about to open a thread and ask the same thing.

I haven't played in over a year I believe. When I left, bots practically ruled the game, everything was expensive from weapons upgrades to accessories. Even professions were costly. 

I'm sure in that respect, it hasn't change much but is the game in general more enjoyable? 

Will be nice if those changes reduce the plateaus. Having to grind only a few dungeons/zones over and over and over for weeks to begin advancing again has made me leave twice already, and I'm sure many who have left simply aren't going to bother coming back.

2 hours ago, Zuzu said:

If you haven't played in a year then please do not make comments like this to deter others from coming back.

I didn't say anything necessarily wrong. It's just the nature of a Korean MMO's. There's nothing wrong with that, it's just they tend to be more grindy and difficult. Which is why I said what I said.

Im curious about any crafting changes. When i last played (year ago) there were only 2-3 viable crafting professions. Also, as i read through this thread i felt some were saying its a great time to return now, while a couple others suggested returning after the April expansion. Thoughts? Thank you. 

u are like me bro, after 9month off, i play again, right when ivory path release. i salvage my weapon n upgrade to true ivory, my AP then become 620+ AP hm8. from 580 to 620 really fast n cheap im really happy atm. but when i enter dungeon for new DG like DT EC NF my ap requirment still not enough(dont even thinking about bt), well thats okay i will just doing purple dg altough its kinda boring.

So how can i increase my ap? upgrade to legendary wp? its so expensive, i dont have much gold. then trove event coming, i convert all my gold to hmcoin n all hm coin i got from the start i played (maybe its woth 500-600gold), i buy expansion slot trove n begin to use all trove key n hope i get premium stone or maybe 100 moonstone or GEM, but alas i dont get any of it, i only crit 3times , first outfit, second high fabric, third high fabric again, no gem, no exelent experient charm, no 30honory, no moonstone, no book. its weird, the guy i seen in youtube with 350 key always have really2 good rng and me always drop legendary jewel, well nevermid, maybe rng not in my side (like my freind say).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEWmBYVcIQ8  <-- this really2 good rng i wonder why

alright i will increase my AP with msp ss, 5 pieces ss legendary will get u 10+ ap(i already have ss 1-3 trade with flower), so i collect all the box longgui 1-4, araund 180+ box almost 50box each evel, i open 180+ box like my friends suggest (my friend said: collect all the box n open it at once so u will get better rng), i hope i got piece ss 4 n 5,  but what i got ?? i only get pieces 1 n 2 legendary ss that i already have from trade with flower, my grinding for msp for one month n double box every weekend and i got only that???

well this only a game, lets try my luck in other box, then i open 36 or so DC box hope than i can get gold(1k gold?) or moonstone to upgrade my gear, i open 36 DC box at once, n get one of 100g, 2 of 10g, and a few 1gold, total i get around 130+ gold.

what i do with 130+ gold for upgrade?  premium stone?

alright lets open another box, the upgarde box. i have total 39 upgrade box. i open it at once right after i open loggui box n DC box, hope i can get the gem or 100moonstone, but again the rng not on my side, i only get a few moonstone (9pcs i think) no gem no orb no ....

its said upgrade box but what i get only few moonstone

i deperate, i buy 35 gem ap, increase my hm to hm10, combine moonlight ss with asura ss to get more AP , i'm now at 650+ AP, but its still hard to get party for DT EC NF, im stuck, i login only to complete DC now

now in dungeon more n more player chosen 4member dugeon with ridiculous AP requirment, no one do 6man DG like liar frozen fang now, soon i think it will cancer to yeti, mast, gloom etc that will really hard for new player, like yeti 6man now only full with new player(hardly see hm10 player there)

i only have one char, my main char wl, play for fun but no game no life?

#just my 2 cents

24 minutes ago, Zagaroth said:

i only have one char, my main char wl, play for fun but no game no life?

#just my 2 cents

You simply did it all wrong.
1. Are you a madman to spend ALL your savings on rng? You know what is the best way to f2p player enjoy trove event? How about NOT spend any HM coins on it? Instead get some gold, wait for a significant price drop on resources (that is unavoidable if the trove is any good) and buy a lot of cheap resources on the market - that is how you do it.

2. You do not farm MSP unless you really don't have anything better to do. Just do DKV every week - and eventually you will get flowers to buy legendary ss without a hassle. If you have mults 50+ - you can do DKV on them too - it will benefit you a lot.
Also - there is no point in collecting boxes other than just for having fun opening them all at once.

3. For the entire time i have been playing this game - i did not get 1k gold from dc box. The chance is miserably low. Why would you expect to get it from just 36 boxes - idk...

4. the ongoing event with boxes is useless - the loot is laughable.

5. Why would you want to upgrade your weapon now if on 12 april update it will be significantly cheaper? Oh you don't follow the news don't you? Well... As i said - you did everything wrong.

44 minutes ago, Zagaroth said:

now in dungeon more n more player chosen 4member dugeon with ridiculous AP requirment, no one do 6man DG like liar frozen fang now, soon i think it will cancer to yeti, mast, gloom etc that will really hard for new player, like yeti 6man now only full with new player(hardly see hm10 player there)

Why do people refuse to press LFP button? Heck, i am constantly doing runs on lairs or yeti with HM1 ppl that have like 0 ap - because i just press LFP to get to the dungeon quick and i don't care what is ap of other membemrs of my party cause i can just solo those old dungeons anyway. And here you are with 620 ap waiting for some special party just for you to run those easy old dungeons... Press the LFP and get on with it! Christ...

@Zagaroth You are not stuck, you are just lazy to farm for your upgrades in lower dungeons. You can easily get over 700AP with drops from dungeons up to Shattered Masts/Sogun's lament. You don't need any drop from EC, DT or NF until you have stage 6 baleful/seraph weapon, pinnacle/true boss accessories and 3MSP + 5Asura soulshields.

18 hours ago, SadFace said:

You simply did it all wrong.

1. why f2p can't enjoy trove event? imagine u spend 500gold for ncoin n get drop 100honorary? how profit that? or get drop gem 12AP? or uniqe pet? or book volume? i try my luck here after watching some videos in youtube how good the rng was.

the question, is rng for free player and premium player any different? i think the answer is yes.

2. why not farm msp? msp is really fun, no entry limit, sometimes leader get mad cuz some ppl kill grascouth and leave the red behind, sometimes we get bacoon(pig) from stage 1 through 4 n everyone happy, sometimes some ppl get mad cuz some ppl afk n draw red all the maps(or draw sometin weird xD), some ppl bid up to 5gold just for chess2 ss, sometimes only 5 choper,  its really fun lol. 

and what about dkv? do u know how much feather we get from week quest? how much feather we need for ss pieces 1 -5? 100 fearthers? 200? do u think i need wait 1 year to get my ss? 56weeks a year x 2 feather = 112, and u need to unlock somethin to get ss pieces 3 to 8. and like i said in my post before, i only have this char, this is my main char only

yeah i collecting box because its fun opening all at  once, i play game for  fun after all

3. i just hope, not expect to get it

4. i agree with u, the upgrade box is a joke, same as ppl with 650ap now is a joke too lol

5. i dont said i want to upgarade now, i just lack of material n gold, n now i keep it until 12april

18 hours ago, SadFace said:

Why do people refuse to press LFP button? Heck, i am constantly doing runs on lairs or yeti with HM1 ppl that have like 0 ap - because i just press LFP to get to the dungeon quick and i don't care what is ap of other membemrs of my party cause i can just solo those old dungeons anyway. And here you are with 620 ap waiting for some special party just for you to run those easy old dungeons... Press the LFP and get on with it! Christ...

of course u dont care because u have high AP n u said u can solo it so u no need to inspect them, but what if u only have 600+ap n hit 4man lfp n your other party only 50hm1(400+ap)? u think u can clear the dungeon ?

the TS want to know if  the player base gotten any better, so i said ppl now move from 6man to 4man lfp/custom in purple dungeon, soon after 12 april the req not be at 650+ but 700+

17 hours ago, Dlacik said:

@Zagaroth You are not stuck, you are just lazy to farm for your upgrades in lower dungeons. You can easily get over 700AP with drops from dungeons up to Shattered Masts/Sogun's lament. You don't need any drop from EC, DT or NF until you have stage 6 baleful/seraph weapon, pinnacle/true boss accessories and 3MSP + 5Asura soulshields.

what your term of lazy player?

1. player that run DC and any other dg only for daily, just do once, no multi run.(i'm like this)

2. player that run DG depending on his mood, onyl active weekend

or do u have your decription?

so u mean i'm no need to enter EC DT NF until i get baleful stage 6?? are u set up your requirment really that high?

in my case, i only need to get hm11(+8ap), seraph stage 1(+8ap), msp ss with moonlight(+16ap), and full 6 slot gem ap(+10ap), i dont need stage 6, the req only 700+ ap, and like my post above i already have 3 msp ss, and of course my old asura ss.

btw what is the drops from dungeons up to Shattered Masts/Sogun's lamen that can easily get you over 700AP with? as far i know shatter only worth drop honorary or talhan skin(cannot be trade)

6 hours ago, Zagaroth said:

what your term of lazy player?
1. player that run DC and any other dg only for daily, just do once, no multi run.(i'm like this)
2. player that run DG depending on his mood, onyl active weekend
or do u have your decription?

It doesn`t matter if you do dungeons once per day or once per week. Everyone can play the game at own rate. Lazy players are those who rather spend their time complaining on forum about being stuck instead of doing lower dungeons (the ones they can do), because it's not easy or fast enough to get upgrades there.

in my case, i only need to get hm11(+8ap), seraph stage 1(+8ap), msp ss with moonlight(+16ap), and full 6 slot gem ap(+10ap), i dont need stage 6, the req only 700+ ap, and like my post above i already have 3 msp ss, and of course my old asura ss.

I didn`t say you must have baleful/seraph stage 6 to go to DT/EC/NF. I only said that you don`t need drops from these dungeons until you upgrade your weapon to stage 6 legendary. Until that you only need for your upgrades:
- soulstones (Soustone plains, Misty Woods, Arena, ToI),
- frozen stingers (any lvl 50 epic dungeons),

- moonstones (ssp, 14th & 15th floor of mushin tower),

- honorary ornament (any lvl 50 epic dungeons, naryu lab, daily challenge, dawn of khanda vihar, mushin tower,...),
- silverfrost transformation stones (can be crafted using previously mentioned material),
- premium silverfrost transfromation stones (can be transmuted using previously mentioned material),
- weapon drops from SSP (for baleful) or from cold storage (for seraph), from lair of frozen fang, sogun's lament, twisted grimhorn wilds, gloomdross incursion, shattered masts. You can also get all of these weapon boxes from dragon express for heavenly energy (daily challenge).
- flower of lament (sogun's lament, cold storage, heaven`s mandate)
- taikhan skin (gloomdross incursion, shattered masts)

So as you can see everything you need to get over 700+ AP can be get from the content up to shattered masts/sogun's lament. So if you are stuck it`s not because of the game but because you don`t want to put in enough effort/time.

1. why f2p can't enjoy trove event? imagine u spend 500gold for ncoin n get drop 100honorary? how profit that? or get drop gem 12AP? or uniqe pet? or book volume? i try my luck here after watching some videos in youtube how good the rng was.

the question, is rng for free player and premium player any different? i think the answer is yes.

2. why not farm msp? msp is really fun, no entry limit, sometimes leader get mad cuz some ppl kill grascouth and leave the red behind, sometimes we get bacoon(pig) from stage 1 through 4 n everyone happy, sometimes some ppl get mad cuz some ppl afk n draw red all the maps(or draw sometin weird xD), some ppl bid up to 5gold just for chess2 ss, sometimes only 5 choper,  its really fun lol. 

and what about dkv? do u know how much feather we get from week quest? how much feather we need for ss pieces 1 -5? 100 fearthers? 200? do u think i need wait 1 year to get my ss? 56weeks a year x 2 feather = 112, and u need to unlock somethin to get ss pieces 3 to 8. and like i said in my post before, i only have this char, this is my main char only

yeah i collecting box because its fun opening all at  once, i play game for  fun after all

3. i just hope, not expect to get it

4. i agree with u, the upgrade box is a joke, same as ppl with 650ap now is a joke too lol

5. i dont said i want to upgarade now, i just lack of material n gold, n now i keep it until 12april

1. if you want to risk your gold to go into a trash can then do not blame the game for your own fails. And if you've watched more than one video on the youtube, you've may noticed that some of them open ut to almost 100 boxes without a single crit. So yeah - this is RNG for you.
2. If you enjoy MSP - then do it, more power to you. For me it is boring as F and the day DKV had released - i never did MSP again.
Feathers? Well good luck farming those in MSP i guess... I do DKV mainly for the flowers, gold and ornaments. I don't bother with feathers at this point.

4. 650 ap is fine - you can easily find party for almost every end game dungeon. For the record - i only have 695 ap atm.

5. Before the trove i didn't have resources as well. Now i have everything set up to upgrade up to stage 6 legendary the moment this update go live. I am f2p player and i play casually. I haven't set a foot in DT or NF and i don't even do daily challenge every day. Plus - i spend a lot of my gold income to buy costumes with HM coins.

I have all costumes that i wanted, i have all the HM skills, i have all my inventory and bank unlocked, i have a ton of slots for characters and more. And i never spend a dollar on the game (not because i don't want to but because i can't). And yes - i am playing casually, with breaks.
So don't tell me, that f2p players can't progress here or that it's too hard. You just need to think and plan on what you are doing rather than just throw your gold in RNG trashcan and complain afterwards.

7 hours ago, Zagaroth said:

of course u dont care because u have high AP n u said u can solo it so u no need to inspect them, but what if u only have 600+ap n hit 4man lfp n your other party only 50hm1(400+ap)? u think u can clear the dungeon ?

Just do 6 man version until you can find a party for 4 man. What is your problem?

3 hours ago, Dlacik said:

It doesn`t matter if you do dungeons once per day or once per week. Everyone can play the game at own rate. Lazy players are those who rather pend their time complaining on forum about being stuck instead of doing lower dungeons (the ones they can do), because it's not easy or fast enough to get upgrades there.

I didn`t say you must have baleful/seraph stage 6 to go to DT/EC/NF. I only said that you don`t need drops from these dungeons until you upgrade your weapon to stage 6 legendary. Until that you only need for your upgrades:
- soulstones (Soustone plains, Misty Woods, Arena, ToI),
- frozen stingers (any lvl 50 epic dungeons),

- moonstones (ssp, 14th & 15th floor of mushin tower),

- honorary ornament (any lvl 50 epic dungeons, naryu lab, daily challenge, dawn of khanda vihar, mushin tower,...),
- silverfrost transformation stones (can be crafted using previously mentioned material),
- premium silverfrost transfromation stones (can be transmuted using previously mentioned material),
- weapon drops from SSP (for baleful) or from cold storage (for seraph), from lair of frozen fang, sogun's lament, twisted grimhorn wilds, gloomdross incursion, shattered masts. You can also get all of these weapon boxes from dragon express for heavenly energy (daily challenge).
- flower of lament (sogun's lament, cold storage, heaven`s mandate)
- taikhan skin (gloomdross incursion, shattered masts)

So as you can see everything you need to get over 700+ AP can be get from the content up to shattered masts/sogun's lament. So if you are stuck it`s not because of the game but because you don`t want to put in enough effort/time.

of course i need drop ss from this dungeons so i can salvage it n trade for ss 4 and ss 5 msp so i can get +10ap

in addition you words is contradiction, you said "Everyone can play the game at own rate" and again "if you are stuck it`s not because of the game but because you don`t want to put in enough effort/time", so if someone playing with slow rate and cant catch up with the content(like me atm cant do DT, EC, NF), so this player dont put in enough effort/time? how much effort/time you play this game everyday? 2-4hours(casual player, only daily) or 5-10hours(freak player, multi-run dg freak) or just 1-3hours(whale player) .

i do all the list u state above, except crafting stuf, transmute not all 100% succesfuly, sometimes failed, still from true ivory to seraph stage 1 you need one month or so to gather materials n gold, just for one stage if your pace like me, casual player 2-4hours /days.

Lazy players are those who rather pend their time complaining on forum

btw, i not complaining on forum, the Tread Starter ask 'worth returning?' and i said my opinion base my experience playing this game after i'm returning, and my forum posts only 7 posts atm, compare to you 298 posts, isnt that make u more lazy than me? lol..

Archived