Blade & Soul (The ANIME) "Have you Watched it?"

MASSBLADE

16 hours ago, DrowningEarth said:

lol @ responses.

Does anyone seriously expect a great anime adaptation from a game with an unremarkable story (and even less impressive gameplay?)

As someone else said, the anime was most likely a way to promote the game so I didn't expect much at all from it. It ended with a 1.0/5.0 for me.

The game's story isn't so bad though. While yes, it failed horribly in some regards, I couldn't help but enjoy it, atleast act four to act six as for once it felt like you had some importance. The game's visuals and audio made it even better.

19 hours ago, Viblo said:

As someone else said, the anime was most likely a way to promote the game so I didn't expect much at all from it. It ended with a 1.0/5.0 for me.

The game's story isn't so bad though. While yes, it failed horribly in some regards, I couldn't help but enjoy it, atleast act four to act six as for once it felt like you had some importance. The game's visuals and audio made it even better.

My point is simply, garbage in garbage out. There may be exceptions, as the summer 2016 Berserk adaptation has been getting substantial hate, whereas Tales of Zestiria has been getting generally positive reception despite folks thinking it was one of the weaker games out of the Tales series.

BNS does do better than other MMO's in delivering its story (it even delivers a more immersive experience than GW2 IMO), but it's far from anything decent that you'd see in single player games like Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age (except pretend that the 2nd/3rd games didnt exist), Mass Effect and so forth.

6 hours ago, DrowningEarth said:

My point is simply, garbage in garbage out. There may be exceptions, as the summer 2016 Berserk adaptation has been getting substantial hate, whereas Tales of Zestiria has been getting generally positive reception despite folks thinking it was one of the weaker games out of the Tales series.

BNS does do better than other MMO's in delivering its story (it even delivers a more immersive experience than GW2 IMO), but it's far from anything decent that you'd see in single player games like Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age (except pretend that the 2nd/3rd games didnt exist), Mass Effect and so forth.

To be completely honest, I've disregarded watching all new anime adaptations to come out this year so I can't state an opinion on Tales of Zestiria or Berserk. I'm currently working on watching all the animes in my plan to watch list, such as "Fate/Stay Night UBW" and "Working!!". 

From previous experience, no MMORPGs has yet to offer a well-thought out story. Blade & Soul does deliver a lot more than other games but there is still room for a lot of improvements.

I can't really explain in words why single player games are a lot better regarding stories such as the game I recently finished, "Life is Strange", but if future MMORPGs would be able to deliver that kind of touching experiences without forsaking any other elements such as combat, I would be very pleased to say the least.

Watched the anime when it first came out and was not exactly impressed but not disappointed either.  I was not aware that there was a MMO for it at the time so I didn't have any bias about it following the game plot.  Now, I can go further and say that some of the characters were well done and others were blah.  For a while, after first starting the game, I'd get chills from listening to the bgm around Jade Stone because of remembering it from the anime.  The anime did introduce me to my future waifu, Yura, so yeah anime.

On 8/18/2016 at 6:42 PM, DrowningEarth said:

lol @ responses.

Does anyone seriously expect a great anime adaptation from a game with an unremarkable story (and even less impressive gameplay?)

Soo True :D

That's why I found it interesting to see you guys reactions, still Fun to see what the Community think. :)

12 hours ago, Viblo said:

To be completely honest, I've disregarded watching all new anime adaptations to come out this year so I can't state an opinion on Tales of Zestiria or Berserk. I'm currently working on watching all the animes in my plan to watch list, such as "Fate/Stay Night UBW" and "Working!!". 

From previous experience, no MMORPGs has yet to offer a well-thought out story. Blade & Soul does deliver a lot more than other games but there is still room for a lot of improvements.

I can't really explain in words why single player games are a lot better regarding stories such as the game I recently finished, "Life is Strange", but if future MMORPGs would be able to deliver that kind of touching experiences without forsaking any other elements such as combat, I would be very pleased to say the least.

The reason is, in a one player game, many more players care about the story.  In MMOs, for some reason, a lot of players go "Story?"

Players seem to think they can't enjoy the story on an MMO, they need to rush to the end.

I watched it all in one day, it was really bad, nothing to do with the game lore.

The story had plot holes the size of mountains and there was no cohesive story to make you get attached to any of the characters or to the 'main' thread connecting them all. 

Also, it made no sense why they made it diverge so much from the game, all that was left was a few characters with completely different back-stories and the name. 

Archived