Blade & Soul (The ANIME) "Have you Watched it?"

MASSBLADE

Hi Everyone, MASSBLADE here!

So just yesterday I finished watching the Blade & Soul [ANIME] which was not too bad to be honest, still enjoyed it even for a '13' Episode long Anime. However what I want to know is how many of you guys have watched or even known about the Anime of this Game... So i'm going to start a little Number Vote for some insight on this cause i'm just curious. :D

[Number Vote Details]: (Type your Number to respond accordingly! You can also add a Comment next to it if you wish)

#1 - "Yes" I have watched it (Enjoyed it)

#2 - "Yes" I have Watched it (Did NOT enjoy it!)

#3 - "No" I have NOT watched it...

#4 - (Didn't know about it)

It would be nice if you guys did leave a Comment next to your Number Vote, just to see what you guys think about the Anime. This Topic would have been much easier if I could insert a POLL feature. =/

To be honest? I think it was terrible.

They got REALLY lazy with the animation when episode 11 came around but apparently they had some errors on their end and had to fix it and re-air the proper episode (or so I heard) but even then, it was all over the place. That and I feel the writers pretty much ran out of ideas for the show and had no idea where to go on with it.

But I will say that seeing Soha animated was actually pretty cool.

The anime was only a means to promote the game coming to Japan anyway, or so people have said. People got too used to calling Jin Seo-Yeon Jin Varrel and Soha Jin Hazuki and stuff.

And lastly, this is just an opinion. There are some people here who will defend to the grave for this anime and all power to them, I just think that the anime was a terrible representation of the actual game. It didn't even follow the actual story.

#2,5 i Did knew about i watched it the same time it came out and enjoyed it. However, it didnt follow the game story, thus it didn't made me fully enjoy it as it would if they had followed the true story. Plus if you take your time you'll see that the fighting scenes, as the episodes goes futher, starts lose in animation quality. 

Conclusion: it was a good animation, however, since it didnt follow the game story, it lost it's chance to become even more amazing and popular

#2 I watched first 6 or so episodes and it was so bad I felt really embarrassed for asking my husband to set it up to watch it. it scared the heck out of my kiddo too,   who really likes running around the game with a kitty otherwise. So, neither it was a grown-up show, nor it was cool with the pre-teen crowd in our household.

To be honest I mainly only enjoyed the 'Jinsoyun' fights :D and learning a bit more about 'Yereha' (El Karen) which got really crazy & tragic.

However aside from those situations yeah I wasn't really enthusiastic about watching it at all, I even got to the point where I got bored & just wanted to stop watching but I decided to just finish it since it's only 13 Episodes long so I didn't mind.

It's really good to see all of your Opinions about this Anime, Thank You guys for sharing. :)

It just goes to show "It really isn't worth watching as much, since the Game Cutscenes just give you so much more to offer and gets you excited about the Story than the Anime does."

I'm gonna be completely honest:

The anime was absolute garbage. Nothing made any sense at all and the only thing that actually made me finish it was the animation. 

And to be fair, animation was kind of unique (in a good way?). It was nothing like Ufotable or Madhouse doing a movie, but maybe on A1-Pictures level. 

Either way, definetly don't recommend watching.

I watched it a short while before the NA release of the game, and while the animation itself was pretty decent, i found the main character mind numbingly boring to the point of not caring what happened to her by the last episode. Seeing Soha, Yehara, Jinsoyun and Yura animated was kinda cool though.

I even own it now.  Now, mind you, just because I enjoyed it, doesn't mean it didn't have problems or that I thought it matched the games story line.

I feel it took some instances from the game, enough so, to make a 12 episode anime (the last episode was terrible imo...or think of it as some sort of daily with more cut scene about the NPCs rather than dealing with you).  Alka felt like she was supposed to be the PC.  Doesn't talk much, kinda goes where she's led.  I thought the anime Yehara (who wasn't called Yehara if my memory serves) was better and a bit more fleshed out than the game one, but only my so much.

Animation wasn't the worst either.  Maybe not the best either, but some people treat it like it was the worst ever :p

#1.6

I don't think it's terrible, but can't say it's good either. It was entertaining enough to have me watch 13 episodes.

General plot is cheesy and generic and the script is often emberassing.

The main character got trashed here but I actually (kinda) liked what was done with her. Same for Yehara, who in the game is very lacking. Soha and Juwol were annoying at best.

Character design is good, and the art in general is not bad. though it is apparent animation budget was running out in later episodes.

Soundtrack uses alot of tracks from the game and does it well. so that's fun.

Yeah, I watched it and in my view the story is not thematically different from the game.  Basically, like the game it deals in large part with revenge.  It is pretty damn interesting because through the anime you get a better sense of what Jinsoyun went through.

But, it gets a little slow at times.  There are the usually anime angst and melodrama.  In general though, I think that if they translated a tweak it a little it could work as an ongoing saga.

Episode 13 though... LOL.  Not a fan.  It was a curtain call, I get that, but nonsense.

Mark me down as a like for the Anime.  The story is interesting.

11 hours ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

Sadly they failed on the Anime =(

I watched it... and not liked it much... but the Game is nice... beside few things... 

Yeah I agree with you too on that one, we learn so much more from the Game than the Anime but aside from the problems with the Game just enjoying the Story Quests is fun to watch for me. :)

Archived